Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Thomas Lemar (Monaco)

Read 105176 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Thomas Lemar (Monaco)
      Reply #253: Aug 30, 2017 02:39:44 pm

I'm actually OK with that, the Ox will slot right into the team, has had full preseason, knows prem etc etc, then next summer we get Keita.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #254: Aug 30, 2017 02:46:55 pm
      I would much prefer Lemar.

However, if we sign VVD I'll be ok with Ox.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #255: Aug 30, 2017 02:47:18 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #256: Aug 30, 2017 02:47:23 pm

So pretty much the same old story.....won't pay to play. Keep your hands in your pockets boys...wouldn't want to actually compete for a change. Oh look...there's a cheaper option over there...let's go for that.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #257: Aug 30, 2017 02:49:41 pm
      Whilst I would like him - if this is true - the contrast with some of our other dealings in recent years I like. Get in/out quickly.

Nothing wrong in failing fast if the deals not really there.
      « Last Edit: Aug 30, 2017 03:12:41 pm by Scotia »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #258: Aug 30, 2017 02:55:41 pm
      So pretty much the same old story.....won't pay to play. Keep your hands in your pockets boys...wouldn't want to actually compete for a change. Oh look...there's a cheaper option over there...let's go for that.

Oh please f**k off will you, should we just bend over as a club and take it from every selling club out there, is that what you want?  There has to be a point for every player where they just become too damned expensive and obviously €100 million for a mostly unproven player, especially in the Prem, is that limit. If we get the Ox instead and then use the Lemar money to land VVD will you be happy or still moaning? Sorry silly questions the owners will still be cu*ts somehow won't they???
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #259: Aug 30, 2017 02:56:06 pm
      Whilst I would like him - if this is true the contrast with some of our other dealings in recent years I quite like the in/out quickly.

Nothing wrong in failing fast if the deals not really there.

Agree it seems like Monaco were trying to fleece us.......€100M crikey!
      And although I'm not his biggest fan we already had Ox lined up.

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #260: Aug 30, 2017 03:01:12 pm

This negativity is actually a bit annoying. We targeted Salah, Keita, Ox and VVD to start with. We got 2 over the line (albeit one next season), one almost done if the bid is accepted and the other very much still possible.

These Lemar links were probably because Arse didnt want to deal with us but the boy surprised them by ditching Chelsea leaving them with no option but to negotiate with us. If Barca arent successful with Lemar, who knows, we might again go in January  or next summer depending on their UCL progress.

So, assuming VVD signs, we have all our targets and that would have constituted for a good summer, esp if Cou stays!

Gini/Milner - Hendo/Can - Lallana/Ox

That's a pretty good midfield if you consider Cou as part of the front-3. If we get in VVD, I will be very happy with this summer's business
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #261: Aug 30, 2017 03:01:58 pm
      Rather keep Origi than have Ox.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #262: Aug 30, 2017 03:03:59 pm
      Oh please f**k off will you, should we just bend over as a club and take it from every selling club out there, is that what you want?  There has to be a point for every player where they just become too damned expensive and obviously €100 million for a mostly unproven player, especially in the Prem, is that limit. If we get the Ox instead and then use the Lemar money to land VVD will you be happy or still moaning? Sorry silly questions the owners will still be cu*ts somehow won't they???

You know what mate why don't you F**k off. Your 1000 posts a day digging at anyone with a different view to you is getting seriously tedious now (cue the reply oh touched a nerve have I bollox - NO cunto you haven't your a wind up merchant looking for scores who is rammed so far up the owners arse you cant see any wrong)

Who are you to say if he is worth that money? Please explain why we should go for Ox instead and not go for both?

If Klopp wants this player then pay the money, after all we can compete with anyone cant we?

And to answer your question we should be going for all those players, we haven't spent F**k all in 7 odd years not deciding which one we pay for.

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #263: Aug 30, 2017 03:04:33 pm

I suppose you can have both right?

Manager clearly rates him as his name has been around since right after the Winter window...what we see in a player is not necessarily the same as what the manager does is it?

Really not much difference to people whining over getting another Soton player last Summer now is it?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #264: Aug 30, 2017 03:07:06 pm

I just read, re-read and read that again and again !!! Doesnt make any sense
      Kopite78
      Reply #265: Aug 30, 2017 03:09:12 pm

You could copy and paste that below all of his posts.

He's written that in about 3 threads just to get a reaction.

It's nonsensical so I wouldn't bother if I were you
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #266: Aug 30, 2017 03:13:56 pm
      It's simple, I think somebody is going if Ox is coming. I think it might be Origi. You truly are pretty dumb.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #267: Aug 30, 2017 03:18:28 pm
      It's simple, I think somebody is going if Ox is coming. I think it might be Origi. You truly are pretty dumb.

Thats like saying we let go of Lucas cos we signed Solanke !! And I dont even wanna comment on the 'dumb' part .. think folks in this forum pretty much know  :lmao:
      Kopite78
      Reply #268: Aug 30, 2017 03:19:18 pm

But for balance of the squad we have an abundance of forwards and need options in midfield.. 

If we were talking one in one out (Which I doubt) these two don't collate

At least I didn't create a 2nd account to like my own posts... 600 likes from 900 posts.. yeah whatever.
      Don't get me wrong, I don't care about likes at all.. just truly pathetic that you do to the extent to clearly go to the effort to do that.

:D
      I really don't.. But what a weird thing to think
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #269: Aug 30, 2017 03:19:37 pm
      Thats like saying we let go of Lucas cos we signed Solanke !! And I dont even wanna comment on the 'dumb' part  :lmao: Think folks in this forum pretty much know  :lmao:
      Defensive midfielder for a Striker? No it is not the same at all... You must be pretty stupid if you think that is the same.
      Origi and Ox can both play wide. We have enough CF now.. tell me where Origi and Ox both slot in?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #270: Aug 30, 2017 03:23:52 pm
      Defensive midfielder for a Striker? No it is not the same at all... You must be pretty stupid if you think that is the same.
      Origi and Ox can both play wide. We have enough CF now.. tell me where Origi and Ox both slot in?

Origi is a striker and Ox is a AM who maybe can be converted by Klopp to play CM.

Not too difficult to see why your posts don't add up.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #271: Aug 30, 2017 03:25:55 pm
      Origi is a striker and Ox is a AM who maybe can be converted by Klopp to play CM.

Not too difficult to see why your posts don't add up.
      Solanke, Firmino and Sturridge will be getting the CF roles.
      Origi will be on the wing if anywhere, but if Ox comes in he may not even get there.
      Yesterday Klopp was open to Origi going, I don't know why this doesn't add up.
      Why this blown out of proportion from rather keep Origi then get Ox is mind blowing.
      I am not saying Origi will go if we get Ox, but I think it is a strong possibility.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #272: Aug 30, 2017 03:26:57 pm
      Watched an interview before with this lad where he said he avoids tackling and even though he gets told to shoot more by coaches he doesn't see it as the strongest part of his game.

All sounds a little bit 'Lazar Markovic' to me.

Yes you do have a second account and you have been liking them yourself, it is utterly blatant. It's not worth the mods time, but I guess if they checked,

Actually the poster has a pretty impressive and wide-ranging number of likers for someone with under 1000 posts.  That's the matter closed. Back on topic. 
      « Last Edit: Aug 30, 2017 03:32:05 pm by JD »
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #273: Aug 30, 2017 03:27:47 pm
      You know what mate why don't you F**k off. Your 1000 posts a day digging at anyone with a different view to you is getting seriously tedious now (cue the reply oh touched a nerve have I bollox - NO cunto you haven't your a wind up merchant looking for scores who is rammed so far up the owners arse you cant see any wrong)

Who are you to say if he is worth that money? Please explain why we should go for Ox instead and not go for both?

If Klopp wants this player then pay the money, after all we can compete with anyone cant we?

And to answer your question we should be going for all those players, we haven't spent F**k all in 7 odd years not deciding which one we pay for.

Brilliantly said!!!

Sometimes you have to pay premiums for top quality and young, ebullient talent. He looks like an absolute winner and would be devastating in our rock'n roll football setup, in my humble opinion.
       He seems far superior to Ox by the way. I'd love both but paying 75M pounds is not completely ridiculous for a player that can give you a decade of great service.

75M is not the same as when Ronaldo and Bales' time. The prices have gone to the pixies and it is definitely not your money, all you nay-saying bas**rds out there! We've done it tough with net spend sh*te and moneyball-bagging bullshit for so many years.

Time to build the squad for many years to come. I so wish they'd pay it.

Forget about what the club is saying about Couts. My gut says he is still going at the last minute and I believe VVD is a done deal. Stay tuned. I did not give up on Keita and what a lovely surprise that was! I feel much more confident with VVD signing still. Don't always believe the doublespeak and posturing that managers and Presidents trot out.

YNWA
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #274: Aug 30, 2017 03:28:09 pm
      You know what mate why don't you f**k off. Your 1000 posts a day digging at anyone with a different view to you is getting seriously tedious now (cue the reply oh touched a nerve have I bollox - NO cunto you haven't your a wind up merchant looking for scores who is rammed so far up the owners arse you cant see any wrong)

And to answer your question we should be going for all those players, we haven't spent f**k all in 7 odd years not deciding which one we pay for.

;D, now I wonder who gave you +1 for that, the usual little rays of sunshine I suspect.  So in your opinion we should spend spend spend, F**k the consequences, F**k the wage bill, F**k the debt, F**k getting to many players in at the same time, F**k all that just SPEND MONEY!!!
      BTW we have spent money in the last 7 years, not insane Manure, Chavs, Citeh money, but within our means, unfortunately we've bought very badly in the past but now it seems that we are making very good purchases, is that enough to raise even a tiny little smile on your glum face?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #275: Aug 30, 2017 03:39:52 pm
      Like you said it was "guaranteed" we wouldn't revive the Keita deal  :f_whistle:

Oh, I must have missed where we've signed him then did I?

He's not a Liverpool player, doesn't have a Liverpool number and we haven't spent one bit of LFC's money on him yet.

So tell me how that helps the team this year?

Quick Reply