Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Thomas Lemar (Monaco)

Read 104966 times
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Re: Thomas Lemar (Monaco)
      Reply #506: Aug 31, 2017 04:44:48 pm
      Seems like the player wants to join us rather than Arsenal, spend the money Kloppo !!!

https://twitter.com/mattspiro/status/903278668767797248
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #507: Aug 31, 2017 04:45:38 pm
      Yeah but by your own calculations £75m of that "over£100m left in the pot" is to go on VVD.

So that doesn't leave £95m left over for Lemar.

Ffs .... we are not getting VVD this summer .... when is that going to sink in?? Buy him next summer with the coutinho money and spend the rest on keita.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #508: Aug 31, 2017 04:46:39 pm
      Im just saying the money is there .... we are not willing to spend it. Thats all im saying.

Once lazar and sakho are gone our net spend will be just over 30m. Fsg will be made up. Net spend is 62 so far with the origi loan money.

Next summer they will spend the coutinho money.

And how would you know we're "not willing to spend it"?

Apart from anything else, it makes no business or financial sense to have a shitload of money sitting in the bank and then getting hit with a huge tax bill, so why would FSG be happy about that?
      They don't take any money out of the club, so they aren't giving themselves a pay rise.
      So what good does it do if they don't spend it?

The best they could do is put it in a stock portfolio or hedge fund (something they've done in the past) but that's not going to increase the value of the club, which is what they're all about.

Some of you don't half talk a lot of sh*te.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #509: Aug 31, 2017 04:46:58 pm
      Exactly, he's an unknown quantity that most people didn't even know about at the beginning of the week, bid them up.

On that note, if you didn't know about this lad last Sunday (as most people didn't) don't start getting all arsey if we don't get him, that's just F***ing ridiculous and smacks of any reason to have a dig at the owners.

Doesn't really matter if someones seen him 100 times or 100 minutes. Klopp wanted him, we bid, were knocked back and then reportedly outbid by a team in the Europa League we just thrashed 4-0.

If we landed the guy people who have never seen him in their lives would be hailing the signing and the owners, people who have big doubts about our ambition have every right (and perhaps reason) to be a little bit miffed.

Too many agendas on both sides in all honesty. You have on one side people who will quite happily back the owners if they sold Coutinho, Mane and Can and brought in sweet F**k all, but then also on the other side people moaning about the Ox for being a cheaper option or having to wait a season for Keita.

I have no agenda, i only care about us improving and growing beyond our competition. For that we needed a centre half in all honesty, but Lemar seems to have a bit of stardust about him.

I think we are stronger than last year, but still the squad could become stretched.

I hope in January we are looking to be active this time around. Last years January was a shambles watching us drop out of all competitions and out of a title race.

Could all happen again if we rest on our laurels. We shpuld always be striving to get ahead of our rivals.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,067 posts | 548 
      Reply #510: Aug 31, 2017 04:47:00 pm
      .... when is that going to sink in??

Tonight when the transfer window shuts, probably
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #511: Aug 31, 2017 04:47:34 pm
      Educate me mate, is your opinion of him being a 'budding star' based solely on your views of him in the champions league?

Mostly. He was good against Man City and especially Dortmund I thought. He wasn't so sharp int he semifinal vs. Juventus, but nobody on his team really was then. I've seen him in France but I don't watch a lot of Ligue 1. I'm not even certain as to his best position but some people who watch him a lot more seem to thing he can play in central midfield and not just as a wing or behind the strikers.

His pace, vision and just energy make me thing he's be perfect for us.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #512: Aug 31, 2017 04:49:24 pm
      Doesn't really matter if someones seen him 100 times or 100 minutes. Klopp wanted him, we bid, were knocked back and then reportedly outbid by a team in the Europa League we just thrashed 4-0.

If we landed the guy people who have never seen him in their lives would be hailing the signing and the owners, people who have big doubts about our ambition have every right (and perhaps reason) to be a little bit miffed.

Too many agendas on both sides in all honesty. You have on one side people who will quite happily back the owners if they sold Coutinho, Mane and Can and brought in sweet F**k all, but then also on the other side people moaning about the Ox for being a cheaper option or having to wait a season for Keita.

I have no agenda, i only care about us improving and growing beyond our competition. For that we needed a centre half in all honesty, but Lemar seems to have a bit of stardust about him.

I think we are stronger than last year, but still the squad could become stretched.

I hope in January we are looking to be active this time around. Last years January was a shambles watching us drop out of all competitions and out of a title race.

Could all happen again if we rest on our laurels. We shpuld always be striving to get ahead of our rivals.

Who are these people.

I've quite literally, never seen anyone post anything like that.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #513: Aug 31, 2017 04:50:46 pm
      If we get jumped on this by Arse then FSG should expect a barrel load of "F**k off you tight wad cu*ts" from everyone.

How many years are we going to dither about and be beaten because the other team didn't F**k around, paid what would be acceptable and tied it up within days.

I am turning to the dark side with these cu*ts, anger leads to hate and all that is true.

We have the chance a real chance to make a bold statement but we might F**k around for £15m and miss the chance to really strengthen.

The anger is already boiling and when I wake up tomorrow morning and see he has signed for Arsenal I will be cunting everyone on this board that sticks up for FSG and their penny pinching 7 year sh*te ownership.

If people do that it won't be hard to put them in their place. We should not be overpaying for players. United signed Martial for 50mill and we all laughted, go ahead and be a hypocrite if you want and demand our 'tight arse' owners pay 90million for a player just as unproven. Just be ready to be called that because that's what you'll be.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #514: Aug 31, 2017 04:50:57 pm
      And how would you know we're "not willing to spend it"?

Apart from anything else, it makes no business or financial sense to have a shitload of money sitting in the bank and then getting hit with a huge tax bill, so why would FSG be happy about that?
      They don't take any money out of the club, so they aren't giving themselves a pay rise.
      So what good does it do if they don't spend it?

The best they could do is put it in a stock portfolio or hedge fund (something they've done in the past) but that's not going to increase the value of the club, which is what they're all about.

Some of you don't half talk a lot of sh*te.

I dont agree with you mate ... doesn't mean my opinion doesn't count.

If you cannot debate without resorting to insults as their opinion is different to yours then jog on.

This deal aint happening anyway ... we are not going to pay what we want.

If arsenal dont get him and we keep coutinho im happy.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #515: Aug 31, 2017 04:51:28 pm
      F***ing hell, I've avoided this most of the day, got a nice early dart from work so thought I'd check in and it's already doing my F***ing head in.

So much F***ing unwarranted anger, A&E's gonna be chocker by midnight tonight.

It must be care in the community day.

I've had enough of the hysteria, so I'll wait now, and see what's happened tomorrow.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #516: Aug 31, 2017 04:51:53 pm
      https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/903281078466736128

How exactly are they running out of time? Means.. we still got a chance?

They never agreed terms with the player, so once the bid was accepted they'd have to hammer out a deal with him but he's got a game so they can't do that.

Supposedly I've heard we had already hammered out a deal and done a medical so all we needed to do was agree a fee with Monaco. That seems a little backwards and I'm not sure I buy it. I think we are going to get the shrug here pretty soon "We tried" and our  window will close with a whimper.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #517: Aug 31, 2017 04:52:50 pm
      I dont agree with you mate ... doesn't mean my opinion doesn't count.

If you cannot debate without resorting to insults as their opinion is different to yours then jog on.

This deal aint happening anyway ... we are not going to pay what we want.

If arsenal dont get him and we keep coutinho im happy.

You don't agree with facts?
      Because it's a F***ing fact that leaving the money sat in an account because FSG "won't spend it" only results in a huge F***ing tax bill.

:roll:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #518: Aug 31, 2017 04:54:14 pm
      but who to go for, VVD or lemar?

Yes.  ;D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #519: Aug 31, 2017 04:59:54 pm
      Commentator during the France vs. Netherlands game: "Oh, we'll have a little delay now as a spectator has come onto the field, perhaps having consumed too much bevvy........looks like he wants to get an autograph from Thomas Lemar,and the player is actually obliging. Well isn't that quaint.......wait a second....that's not a spectator it's Liverpool Manager Jürgen Klopp!!!!! and he's got a contract!!!!!!"

Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #520: Aug 31, 2017 05:04:25 pm
      You don't agree with facts?
      Because it's a f**king fact that leaving the money sat in an account because FSG "won't spend it" only results in a huge f**king tax bill.

:roll:

Whatever mate .... can only imagine the level of madrid utd and citys tax bills.

Done with you ... that is a fact.

On ya jog lad ....
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #521: Aug 31, 2017 05:06:12 pm
      I would rather get Lemar and sell Coutinho than Arsenal get Lemar. I am quite happy Arsenal being sh*te.

Smoke and mirrors.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #522: Aug 31, 2017 05:10:10 pm
      They never agreed terms with the player, so once the bid was accepted they'd have to hammer out a deal with him but he's got a game so they can't do that.

Supposedly I've heard we had already hammered out a deal and done a medical so all we needed to do was agree a fee with Monaco. That seems a little backwards and I'm not sure I buy it. I think we are going to get the shrug here pretty soon "We tried" and our  window will close with a whimper.

Don't wish that FSG end game on us.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #523: Aug 31, 2017 05:13:41 pm
      Looks like we've missed out on him then. We managed to push Ox deal through quickly, apparently we are prepared to pay massive money for Lemar but we've dallied about as per
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #524: Aug 31, 2017 05:14:44 pm
      Whatever mate .... can only imagine the level of madrid utd and citys tax bills.

Done with you ... that is a fact.

On ya jog lad ....

Yeah, it'd be really low, because they run a debt to keep it that way.

Before throwing out bullshit at me, it might be an idea to understand the subject you're talking about.

There's also the fact, that clubs hardly ever pay all the money up front, because for accounting purposes they want it paid over the length of a players contracts.
      It's called amortization.

So chances are, we won't be paying 95 or whatever for Lemar (if the sale is done in the usual way), because it will be a lump sum up front, followed by payments spread over a few years, depending on length of contract.
      So 100 million becomes (for example) 40 up front, then 5 payments of 12 million.
      This is how every club does it, apart from acrimonious situations like Neymar's, or when a selling club demands money up front (which is not very often).
      The media push this bullshit about "Klopp has 200 million pound war chest" because it sells copies and gets clicks.
      The reality is far more mundane.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #525: Aug 31, 2017 05:17:29 pm
      Looks like we've missed out on him then. We managed to push Ox deal through quickly, apparently we are prepared to pay massive money for Lemar but we've dallied about as per

Nearly 6 hours left  :laugh:

I bet sky are still going on about people "standing by the fax machine" as well.

Anyone seen 'Arry Redknapp leaning out of a car window yet?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #526: Aug 31, 2017 05:17:30 pm

Amazing that the deals that we were prepared to "spend big" on never materialized. (Keita this year for 80m....VVD for 70m...this cat for 80+m). But the 30-40m deals we can usually close even if it takes a month (Salah).

Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #527: Aug 31, 2017 05:18:35 pm
      Amazing that the deals that we were prepared to "spend big" on never materialized. (Keita this year for 80m....VVD for 70m...this cat for 80+m). But the 30-40m deals we can usually close even if it takes a month (Salah).

Fsg to a tee mate ... all spin.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #528: Aug 31, 2017 05:18:52 pm
      Yeah, it'd be really low, because they run a debt to keep it that way.

Before throwing out bullshit at me, it might be an idea to understand the subject you're talking about.

There's also the fact, that clubs hardly ever pay all the money up front, because for accounting purposes they want it paid over the length of a players contracts.
      It's called amortization.

So chances are, we won't be paying 95 or whatever for Lemar (if the sale is done in the usual way), because it will be a lump sum up front, followed by payments spread over a few years, depending on length of contract.
      So 100 million becomes (for example) 40 up front, then 5 payments of 12 million.
      This is how every club does it, apart from acrimonious situations like Neymar's, or when a selling club demands money up front (which is not very often).
      The media push this bullshit about "Klopp has 200 million pound war chest" because it sells copies and gets clicks.
      The reality is far more mundane.

Just sit him down and show him the weekend's match. Then see if he wants to join Arse after that.

Quick Reply