Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Thomas Lemar (Monaco)

Read 104988 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Thomas Lemar (Monaco)
      Reply #552: Aug 31, 2017 06:28:36 pm
      According to the masterful Balague, we were never even after Lemar. Not sure when he became so ITK about us or Monaco...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #553: Aug 31, 2017 06:29:41 pm
      By "Most reports" I mean the more reliable ones, not clickbait. Paul Joyce, James Pearce, John Cross (Arsenal connected). Yes there are others - in fact it's near universal now - but I trust the ones who have connections with the parties involved, not the rest.

They are no more reliable than the likes of Indykaila and Graeme Kelly.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #554: Aug 31, 2017 06:34:55 pm
      Altogether now... "There's always next year" 😂😂😂
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #555: Aug 31, 2017 06:35:27 pm
      Guillem Balague insists Liverpool were NEVER interested in signing Thomas Lemar, and will not sell Philippe Coutinho.

“My understanding is that everything that has been written on Lemar going to Liverpool is from the Lemar side, not the Liverpool side. Liverpool have never been that interested in this market.

“They are not going to get him now. Liverpool have said from day one that they are not selling Coutinho, and they have told him that. Barcelona and Coutinho’s people are finally getting the message. An offer is ready, £150m possibly £160m, but they are very pessimistic that this could actually happen.

“Liverpool are not going to sell Coutinho.”

Makes sense. We don't need Lemar, yet people will still use this non-event to bash FSG. Not getting a CB, fine. Not bidding 90m for this unproven guy, if you think we should, you're just looking for ways to bash FSG and your opinion should not be taken seriously.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #556: Aug 31, 2017 06:37:01 pm
      David Ornstein who works for BBC sport said Arsenal and Monaco agreed 90m but Lemar didn't want to go to Arsenal. Because of that Arsenal won't sell Sanchez to City.
      Despite reports of a Sterling swap deal, it seems that City aren't offering any players in exchange.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #557: Aug 31, 2017 06:38:21 pm
      We don't need Lemar, yet people will still use this non-event to bash FSG.
      And people used it to give evidence on FSGs behalf... it works both ways grasshopper. 😉😊

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #558: Aug 31, 2017 06:40:46 pm
      Guillem Balague insists Liverpool were NEVER interested in signing Thomas Lemar, and will not sell Philippe Coutinho.

“My understanding is that everything that has been written on Lemar going to Liverpool is from the Lemar side, not the Liverpool side. Liverpool have never been that interested in this market.

“They are not going to get him now. Liverpool have said from day one that they are not selling Coutinho, and they have told him that. Barcelona and Coutinho’s people are finally getting the message. An offer is ready, £150m possibly £160m, but they are very pessimistic that this could actually happen.

Makes sense. We don't need Lemar, yet people will still use this non-event to bash FSG. Not getting a CB, fine. Not bidding 90m for this unproven guy, if you think we should, you're just looking for ways to bash FSG and your opinion should not be taken seriously.

The  only problem with that narrative is that all of the "reliable" Liverpool media confirmed that we were in for him. So either they are risking their reputations (which while they are media, are still reasonably respected) and not just one of them, but all of them (Joyce, Pearce, Reddy, etc...) or Guilliame Ballbag is once again, chatting sh*t. You pick the narrative you like, I'll pick the one I think it most plausible.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,266 posts | 1230 
      Reply #559: Aug 31, 2017 06:42:11 pm

Unless the manager actually wants him and he turns out to be a fair bit tasty.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #560: Aug 31, 2017 06:43:56 pm
      The  only problem with that narrative is that all of the "reliable" Liverpool media confirmed that we were in for him. So either they are risking their reputations (which while they are media, are still reasonably respected) and not just one of them, but all of them (Joyce, Pearce, Reddy, etc...) or Guilliame Ballbag is once again, chatting sh*t. You pick the narrative you like, I'll pick the one I think it most plausible.
      Too logical. Think like an FSG shill...

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #561: Aug 31, 2017 06:44:13 pm
      He starts a game for France in an hour. Doesn't look like he's going anywhere haha
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #562: Aug 31, 2017 06:44:34 pm
      David Ornstein who works for BBC sport said Arsenal and Monaco agreed 90m but Lemar didn't want to go to Arsenal. Because of that Arsenal won't sell Sanchez to City.
      Despite reports of a Sterling swap deal, it seems that City aren't offering any players in exchange.

I am still scratching my head as to why we went for Ox instead of Lemar. Like i said before, that 35-40m could have gone towards Lemar. Ox had 1 year left on his contract too, I don't understand it.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #563: Aug 31, 2017 06:44:43 pm
      We should have probably tried earlier in the window IF we were really interested in him.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #564: Aug 31, 2017 06:45:33 pm
      And people used it to give evidence on FSGs behalf... it works both ways grasshopper. 😉😊

Aye, when the news broke last night that we were in for Lemar and VVD last night, we were told we were all daft bas**rds and dumb fucks for doubting them.  :dunceblock:

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #565: Aug 31, 2017 06:49:36 pm

True, also not the right way to go about things.

I know what narrative makes more sense to me. We go all out to buy a player in our position of highest strength or we were never interested because we don't need him.

All those journos you've listed have been as reliable as a Nigerian Princes bank account this season, I see no reason to let what they say sway your opinion. I'm not being swayed by Guillembre by the way, he simply echoes what I thought all along.

But hey if we do sign him, I won't complain... Just think it's highly unlikely we've even tried.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #566: Aug 31, 2017 06:54:43 pm
      True, also not the right way to go about things.

I know what narrative makes more sense to me. We go all out to buy a player in our position of highest strength or we were never interested because we don't need him.

All those journos you've listed have been as reliable as a Nigerian Princes bank account this season, I see no reason to let what they say sway your opinion. I'm not being swayed by Guillembre by the way, he simply echoes what I thought all along.

But hey if we do sign him, I won't complain... Just think it's highly unlikely we've even tried.

Then they are all lying (and they being the ones that typically report reliably on all club news) because they've all said (along with some other foreign correspondents) that we were full court press to sign him....until the price proved too prohibitive.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #567: Aug 31, 2017 07:03:59 pm
      Get French Football‏ @GFFN
      Breaking | Liverpool have only offered as high as €75m for Thomas Lemar, which AS Monaco rejected, according to SFR http://bit.ly/2017DDay
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #568: Aug 31, 2017 07:06:01 pm
      Breaking | Liverpool have only offered as high as €75m for Thomas Lemar, which AS Monaco rejected, according to SFR http://bit.ly/2017DDay
      Chuck in Origi FFS!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #569: Aug 31, 2017 07:06:49 pm
      Breaking | Thomas Lemar wanted to join Liverpool, but it is almost certainly too late, according to SFR Sport http://bit.ly/2017DDay
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #570: Aug 31, 2017 07:06:53 pm

Bit late for that!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #571: Aug 31, 2017 07:07:10 pm

Origi has gone elsewhere.

Lemar starting for France tonight, reckon that 100% kills off any hope we had
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #572: Aug 31, 2017 07:07:37 pm
      Wolfsburg would love that. 😂

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #573: Aug 31, 2017 07:09:22 pm
      Why did we loan Origi to Wolfburg instead if part exchange Monaco. We are down a forward.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,012 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #574: Aug 31, 2017 07:10:18 pm
      Because apparently they didn't want him.

Quick Reply