Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

Naby Keita (Liverpool -> SV Werder Bremen)

Read 239429 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,970 posts | 3054 
      Re: Naby Keita Player Thread
      Reply #207: Jan 13, 2018 06:12:12 pm
      I have no inside knowledge of anything mate - especially the contents of my head......

BUT

I reckon this one is Home and dried.

Player. Full stop.

I NEED to STOP posting after me ‘n’ her have been in the pub since 4........

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #208: Jan 13, 2018 06:14:24 pm
      Well, you dont say!! Keita scores..
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,371 posts | 1029 
      Reply #209: Jan 13, 2018 06:21:19 pm
      Decent half there by Keita. Wasn’t quite the type of player I was expecting. Seemed very advanced throughout and a little bit slow to track back. A few neat touches and passes though and got the shot off for the goal so deserved the slice of luck with the deflection.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #210: Jan 13, 2018 06:29:59 pm
      Decent half there by Keita. Wasn’t quite the type of player I was expecting. Seemed very advanced throughout and a little bit slow to track back. A few neat touches and passes though and got the shot off for the goal so deserved the slice of luck with the deflection.

Yeah, he's playing a more adv role today, but when he plays as a b2b, he is beastly.

Anyway, we need to start acting like a big club and look at Keita being the Can replacement instead of Coutinho. I just feel we are going about it the wrong way.

Leipzig are not gonna sell, it's as simple as that and they have made it abundantly clear, but it shouldn't matter if we look at him as the Can replacement, right?  And if we look at it that way, we should be bringing another exceptional-World class talent in to replace Coutinho!
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,371 posts | 1029 
      Reply #211: Jan 13, 2018 06:54:39 pm
      Yeah, he's playing a more adv role today, but when he plays as a b2b, he is beastly.
      Ah that makes sense. Certainly from this game he doesn’t look like someone who is going to control the midfield. Not that he won’t make a great addition but I was hoping for someone who could really pull the strings and bring a bit of stability. Someone mentioned his disciplinary record in here - he is a bawhair away from being sent off in this game.

Update - he’s just been hooked.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,970 posts | 3054 
      Reply #212: Jan 13, 2018 08:06:43 pm
      Threw his jersey in the crowd at the end I’m seeing on twatter.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #213: Jan 13, 2018 08:57:17 pm
      Threw his jersey in the crowd at the end I’m seeing on twatter.

👀
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #214: Jan 14, 2018 01:08:27 pm
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 2816 
      Reply #215: Jan 14, 2018 01:27:36 pm
      Can put that one down as a 'at least we tried'.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #216: Jan 14, 2018 01:29:14 pm
      Should never have been the Coutinho replacement, we only have ourselves to blame.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4917 
      Reply #217: Jan 14, 2018 01:43:43 pm
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #218: Jan 14, 2018 01:53:33 pm
      Exactly how we should have acted with Coutinho.

But their squad harmony is fu**ed now so the joke's on them.. you can't keep a player that wants to leave in the squad didn't ya know :roll:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #219: Jan 14, 2018 02:11:24 pm

Exactly!!! Embarrassing
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #220: Jan 14, 2018 02:15:38 pm

Keita doesn’t strike me as someone who would fake injury to not play because he’s sulking though.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,978 posts | 237 
      Reply #221: Jan 14, 2018 02:21:15 pm
      As a club it is high time we move on from Coutinho. Coutinho acted like a c**t and I am sure (to quote Klopp) he would have been more disruptive than helpful to our cause. He was sulking like Torres and I am sure if this isn't a world cup year, he would have gone AWOL like Mascherano. We have a capable squad and let's all get behind who we have and not worry about who we do not have at the club.

Regarding Naby, it is better that he stays with the squad because a) that is ethically correct and b)  if he forces a move today, I am sure he would force a move tomorrow like Suarez.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #222: Feb 15, 2018 04:42:07 pm
      Heads up for you football lovers, possible duel with Keita going against Jorginho (Hope he starts, but they usually play Diawara in the "lesser" games) on BT sport in Europa League at 19:45 BST!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #223: Feb 15, 2018 05:16:42 pm
      Heads up for you football lovers, possible duel with Keita going against Jorginho (Hope he starts, but they usually play Diawara in the "lesser" games) on BT sport in Europa League at 19:45 BST!

Will have to wait for your jorginho fix
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #224: Feb 15, 2018 07:12:49 pm
      Will have to wait for your jorginho fix

Ah F**k off, jorginho not starting :( Well, at least Keita is playing.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #225: Feb 15, 2018 07:34:26 pm
      Ah f**k off, jorginho not starting :( Well, at least Keita is playing.

Napoli clearly prioritising the league over the EL, no Allan, Jorginho, Insigne and Mertens (injury or completely left out of the squad?).

Something about Jorginho missing or having to sit out that many games worries me though. Is it a fitness issue? He seems to sit out a game every 3 or 4 games on average or so. Would he cut it in the PL physically?

Will be a great game to watch though, will be interesting to see how Leipzig and Keita in particular match up against a good footballing side.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #226: Feb 15, 2018 07:39:34 pm
      Napoli clearly prioritising the league over the EL, no Allan, Jorginho, Insigne and Mertens (injury or completely left out of the squad?).

Something about Jorginho missing or having to sit out that many games worries me though. Is it a fitness issue? He seems to sit out a game every 3 or 4 games on average or so. Would he cut it in the PL physically?

Will be a great game to watch though, will be interesting to see how Leipzig and Keita in particular match up against a good footballing side.

I personally don't think it's a fitness issue, they have so much of the possession that they rarely tire themselves out during games. As you  mentioned, they are prioritising the league more than anything else, and the Napoli manager has been pretty much doing this all season.

Anyway, really excited to watch this game regardless of no Jorginho or not (kinda gutted he isn't starting tbh), but it's Keita I want to see mainly tbh.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #227: Feb 15, 2018 09:51:17 pm
      Decent performance by Keita. Played in a more reserved role and whilst not a stand out performance, he sure knows how to shift the ball from deep. If we are not going in for a midfield enforcer, I wouldn't mind see Keita in the #6 role.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #228: Feb 15, 2018 10:11:57 pm
      I thought it was on of his poorer performances I seen from him this season playing for RB. Had a couple nice balls but wasn't as much of a influence as he was in other games I have seen. Still doesn't change my excitement for next season when he comes to the club looks a quality player.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #229: Feb 16, 2018 12:08:15 am
      I thought it was on of his poorer performances I seen from him this season playing for RB. Had a couple nice balls but wasn't as much of a influence as he was in other games I have seen. Still doesn't change my excitement for next season when he comes to the club looks a quality player.

I didn't think it was one of his poorer performances. He was very reserved, but what I liked about this Keita, he showed discipline. I love how he's always looking for the ball, how he looks to pass between the lines and to initiate attacks instead of the safe passes. So so different to how Hendo and Can plays. Would love to know someone's opinion on his game tonight if anyone can be arsed!

Quick Reply