Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Naby Keita (Liverpool -> SV Werder Bremen)

Read 235447 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Re: Naby Keita Player Thread
      Reply #1104: Nov 02, 2020 03:17:04 am

;D. Dude, I thought he just had COVID? Poor guy is Harry Kewell 2.0

Sad
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,696 posts | 837 
      Reply #1105: Nov 02, 2020 05:15:27 am
      Superb player with tons of potential but I just don't see it happening. The guy can't line up more than 5-6 games before being injured for a month or two.

For ever caught between ''still building match sharpness because he just came back from injury'' and ''injured again just when he was starting to seriously compete for a regular spot in the starting eleven''

Sad story. It's frustrating enough as a fan, I can imagine how frustrating it must be for him

LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #1106: Nov 02, 2020 01:02:37 pm
      Jürgen said in the press conference that Naby fully trained yesterday.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1107: Nov 02, 2020 01:18:16 pm
      Superb player with tons of potential but I just don't see it happening. The guy can't line up more than 5-6 games before being injured for a month or two.

For ever caught between ''still building match sharpness because he just came back from injury'' and ''injured again just when he was starting to seriously compete for a regular spot in the starting eleven''

Sad story. It's frustrating enough as a fan, I can imagine how frustrating it must be for him

We can say the exact same about Matip and Shaqiri too unfortunately.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1108: Nov 02, 2020 01:18:48 pm
      Jürgen said in the press conference that Naby fully trained yesterday.

That's good, so we can expect 3-4 games from him, then out for a few weeks/months again.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1109: Nov 02, 2020 02:38:06 pm
      That's good, so we can expect 3-4 games from him, then out for a few weeks/months again.

My frustration with Matip and Keita is that they are always hurt when we need the most and then recover when we finally have a bit of a break in the schedule. 7 games in Oct? hurt....but 5 games in Nov? oh yea, they're ready, probably until Nov 28th when they'll get hurt and miss all of December when we have 8 games.
      rossyred

• 9,095 posts | 1635 
      Reply #1110: Nov 15, 2020 06:34:12 pm
      Nice to see Naby on the scoresheet today
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1111: Nov 18, 2020 07:33:42 pm
      Apparently Naby is fit - how we could do with him showing some form in the middle with all the others that are out.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,696 posts | 837 
      Reply #1112: Nov 20, 2020 09:01:39 pm
      I would love this guy to finally be able to shake off these nagging injuries. We need him. There is a top top player in there and it shows every time he gets an extended run of games. He changes the way we play. He's top quality.

I hope he can start doing so this weekend!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1113: Nov 20, 2020 11:39:53 pm
      I would love this guy to finally be able to shake off these nagging injuries. We need him. There is a top top player in there and it shows every time he gets an extended run of games. He changes the way we play. He's top quality.

I hope he can start doing so this weekend!

F**k, he ain't gonna stop getting those nagging injuries doing sh*t like this  :D :D

PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,696 posts | 837 
      Reply #1114: Nov 21, 2020 12:30:48 am
      F**k, he ain't gonna stop getting those nagging injuries doing sh*t like this  :D :D

Klopp was going to the bathroom when he saw this. Reportedly chased both while yelling ''I cant skim an Erdinger but I will skim both your heads of your shoulders you tw*ts!!!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #1115: Dec 03, 2020 12:07:34 am
      Naby is some decent fella but too often injured and not injured by tackles, but mainly because of his fragile body. It will go worse with time since he ain't get younger. I am ready to unload Keita in January for some quality player. U2?
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1116: Dec 03, 2020 06:02:50 pm
      Naby is some decent fella but too often injured and not injured by tackles, but mainly because of his fragile body. It will go worse with time since he ain't get younger. I am ready to unload Keita in January for some quality player. U2?

I don’t think you would get anything near what the club paid for him so I would be inclined to persevere. But yes the injuries are a concern, the moment he starts to hit some form and gets a run another injury comes along.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1117: Dec 03, 2020 06:11:26 pm

Naby is going nowhere.

He's had awful luck with injuries since joining  but he's only 25 not even near his prime yet.

When we finally get him fit for a sustained period we will have a top player who will be great for us.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1118: Dec 03, 2020 06:16:55 pm
      At some point I think we need to address this issue. We go into every year knowing Keita, Matip, Ox and Shaq are all going to miss considerable time. That’s 4 spots and a lot of money on players that you won’t be able to fully count on during a season and really leaves you shorthanded.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1119: Dec 03, 2020 06:44:53 pm
      Naby is going nowhere.

He's had awful luck with injuries since joining  but he's only 25 not even near his prime yet.

When we finally get him fit for a sustained period we will have a top player who will be great for us.

How the hell's he ever gonna get to his prime if he can't stay fit? You know that old saying...the problem with injury prone players is that they get injured a lot. Well he's certainly starting to spend way more time in the training room than Lallana ever did. It would be comical if we didn't really need him to be fit right now. And the sad part is, I don't remember that this was an issue at his old club.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1120: Dec 03, 2020 07:12:56 pm
      At some point I think we need to address this issue. We go into every year knowing Keita, Matip, Ox and Shaq are all going to miss considerable time. That’s 4 spots and a lot of money on players that you won’t be able to fully count on during a season and really leaves you shorthanded.

Shaq will be sold in the Summer if not January.

Ox I don't think will ever fully get over that awful knee injury unfortunately. And with the emergence of Curtis Jones I don't see a future for Ox here certainly not in the starting 11 so would look to sell him in the Summer too.

Matip and Keita are quality players who are worth keeping for at least another season so see if they can shake off these niggling injuries.

We will need to sign a top CM or two next Summer as Hendo is not getting any younger and Gini may leave (hopefully not).
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1121: Dec 03, 2020 07:16:56 pm
      How the hell's he ever gonna get to his prime if he can't stay fit? You know that old saying...the problem with injury prone players is that they get injured a lot. Well he's certainly starting to spend way more time in the training room than Lallana ever did. It would be comical if we didn't really need him to be fit right now. And the sad part is, I don't remember that this was an issue at his old club.

Yeah that's the most frustrating thing with Naby he only became injury prone as soon as he joined us. He's just too good though not to keep for another season. If next season it's the same treatment table story then yes we will 100% have to cut out losses with him.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #1122: Dec 04, 2020 07:05:22 pm
      Yeah that's the most frustrating thing with Naby he only became injury prone as soon as he joined us.

The PL seems to be just too tough to him: harder tackling and more running does not suit his body apparently. I say: cut ties with him asap and use him in a swap-deal, something like: Keita + X $ for Mpabbe (just as an example). If we wait too long he'll become deadwood because nobody will look at an older injury-prone player.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1123: Dec 04, 2020 07:33:27 pm
      The PL seems to be just too tough to him: harder tackling and more running does not suit his body apparently. I say: cut ties with him asap and use him in a swap-deal, something like: Keita + X $ for Mpabbe (just as an example). If we wait too long he'll become deadwood because nobody will look at an older injury-prone player.

Like Keita + $200 million for Mbappe? :D

I say Naby is still young, still has huge potential and just needs a break with injuries.

He'll come good for us.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #1124: Dec 04, 2020 08:01:23 pm

He is Harry Kewell 2.0. It is disappointing for Naby because he played well after restart of the season and with Gini potentially leaving it did offer an opportunity for him to cement a starting role in the middle but 1/4th through the season and we are seeing the same issues that followed him in 18/19 and pre covid 19/20.

If he follows the trajectory he is on I wouldn't be too bother if we cut our losses and buy someone else but unless Naby forces the move Klopp will keep trying.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1125: Dec 04, 2020 08:10:25 pm
      He is Harry Kewell 2.0. It is disappointing for Naby because he played well after restart of the season and with Gini potentially leaving it did offer an opportunity for him to cement a starting role in the middle but 1/4th through the season and we are seeing the same issues that followed him in 18/19 and pre covid 19/20.

If he follows the trajectory he is on I wouldn't be too bother if we cut our losses and buy someone else but unless Naby forces the move Klopp will keep trying.

Naby is very hard to give up on because he is such a good, all-around player. He can do everything well, pressing, recovering the ball, passing, shooting and dribbling past traffic breaking the opposition's press. I think he is our 2nd most rounded midfield after Thiago, but all that skill does us no good from the treatment room.
      liverpoolcore
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 104 posts | 10 
      Reply #1126: Dec 09, 2020 03:13:11 pm
      Naby is very hard to give up on because he is such a good, all-around player. He can do everything well, pressing, recovering the ball, passing, shooting and dribbling past traffic breaking the opposition's press. I think he is our 2nd most rounded midfield after Thiago, but all that skill does us no good from the treatment room.
      very true analysis bro. Keita's play on the pitch is quite similar to Thiagos but his injury record is the reason for him being an irregular member in the starting eleven

Quick Reply