Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Player Thread (M)

Read 167748 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Player Thread
      Reply #184: Oct 10, 2017 05:55:45 pm
      I hope AOC gets more of a role with Mane out, but sadly I see us playing Bobby out wide. YAY (Said no one)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #185: Oct 10, 2017 05:58:17 pm
      Come on lad
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #186: Oct 10, 2017 07:11:06 pm
      If klopp does not play him on Saturday then tell me klopp does not fancy him as player he be sold what waste of 40 million

I think lad needs run games he need start on Saturday
      « Last Edit: Oct 11, 2017 12:13:17 pm by MsGerrard »
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #187: Oct 16, 2017 07:04:18 pm
      Better cameo against Utd.
      With Mane and Salah fit and well, just not sure he gets his game. So have a bit of a chip on the shoulder about how we spent the money (given a good striker probably walks in).
      Still, that's not AOCs fault.
      Anyway, if he continues to improve, maybe he can push for a starting spot.
      Keep the shoulder to the wheel Alex...
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #188: Oct 17, 2017 03:42:34 pm
      So basically confirmed by Klopp that Ox has been bought in as a backup for Mane and Salah rather than playing in midfield.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #189: Oct 17, 2017 03:51:52 pm
      So basically confirmed by Klopp that Ox has been bought in as a backup for Mane and Salah rather than playing in midfield.
      True, and the sad thing is, Mane 35m, Salah 35m, Ox 40m.
      40m could have got a much better player.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #190: Oct 17, 2017 03:59:32 pm

Think you're missing a few things from the interview mate, this is it in full:

Jürgen Klopp reveals he’s changed decision over Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain’s position

Jürgen Klopp admits Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will not get a chance to impress in central midfield for Liverpool in their upcoming matches. Following the 24-year-old’s £40 million arrival from Arsenal, Klopp claimed that his new signing was capable of playing as a centre midfielder.

But the Liverpool manager now insists Oxlade-Chamberlain will need much more time before being considered for that position and will instead be given game time on the flank in Sadio Mane’s absence. ‘Obviously it is a different style to Arsenal and a different role to the wing-back role he played in his last games for Arsenal,’ said Klopp. ‘Then he plays for England and they all come back from their national teams not confused, but with different plans. That’s not too simple.

‘I would say there has been no consistency until now. We let him run so far, let him do what he is naturally good at and it will take time but it’s all good. He is obviously powerful and that is what we need. ‘At the moment his best position is more the wing that the No 8. Without training, playing in the middle of the park doesn’t make sense. ‘I was not only happy about his offensive situations [against Manchester United], I also liked the way he reacted after we lost the ball.

‘At this moment he is training only on the wing so it is clear. It can never be without training as a No.8 first. ‘It wouldn’t be good for him, it wouldn’t be good for us. ‘For now it makes more sense to pick him in the more offensive positions. But it is not fixed for the next five years.’

http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/17/Jürgen-klopp-reveals-hes-changed-decision-over-alex-oxlade-chamberlains-position-7005335/

So basically he's saying he now prefers playing him on the wing because he hasn't had enough training yet to play the #8 role for us. Something I've said about 3 or 4 times already since he has arrived. Midfielders can't just walk into our starting eleven without having had proper training and with all the international breaks and games we've had so far, the time just hasn't been there for him.

I think we'll see him get starts in midfield in a few months.
      « Last Edit: Oct 17, 2017 04:03:33 pm by Danzel »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #191: Oct 17, 2017 04:02:28 pm
      Think you're missing a few things from the interview mate, this is it in full:

Jürgen Klopp reveals he’s changed decision over Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain’s position

Jürgen Klopp admits Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will not get a chance to impress in central midfield for Liverpool in their upcoming matches. Following the 24-year-old’s £40 million arrival from Arsenal, Klopp claimed that his new signing was capable of playing as a centre midfielder.

But the Liverpool manager now insists Oxlade-Chamberlain will need much more time before being considered for that position and will instead be given game time on the flank in Sadio Mane’s absence. ‘Obviously it is a different style to Arsenal and a different role to the wing-back role he played in his last games for Arsenal,’ said Klopp. ‘Then he plays for England and they all come back from their national teams not confused, but with different plans. That’s not too simple.

‘I would say there has been no consistency until now. We let him run so far, let him do what he is naturally good at and it will take time but it’s all good. He is obviously powerful and that is what we need. ‘At the moment his best position is more the wing that the No 8. Without training, playing in the middle of the park doesn’t make sense. ‘I was not only happy about his offensive situations [against Manchester United], I also liked the way he reacted after we lost the ball.

‘At this moment he is training only on the wing so it is clear. It can never be without training as a No.8 first. ‘It wouldn’t be good for him, it wouldn’t be good for us. ‘For now it makes more sense to pick him in the more offensive positions. But it is not fixed for the next five years.’

http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/17/Jürgen-klopp-reveals-hes-changed-decision-over-alex-oxlade-chamberlains-position-7005335/

So basically he's saying he now prefers playing him on the wing because he hasn't had enough training yet to play the #8 role for us. Something I've said about 3 or 4 times already since he has arrived. Midfielders can't just walk into our starting eleven without having had proper training.

I don't think any player can just walk into the team without having a lot of training in the "Klopp Way".
      People mention Salah, but forget that he had a full pre-season.

I'm hoping that Ox proves me wrong, and becomes a monster for us.
      He could do as well, I always forget the lads only 24, he seems to have been around a long time.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #192: Oct 17, 2017 06:17:01 pm
      I'm told we will see him from the start tonight. Eager to see it myself, but I'm not putting money down on him to start. This will be a source-tester. (EDIT: the source failed - sorry for having shared this).

Thanks for adding the full context of the quotes on OX and playing midfield. So much of the opinions, commentary on here is in the context of instant need, instant gratification, instant analysis. X happened therefore Y MUST be true.

All the parts must be carefully identified, selected, prepared, utilized. Each of the parts affect each and all of the other parts. In the end it will be worth the wait.
      « Last Edit: Oct 17, 2017 06:50:30 pm by Robby The Z »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #193: Oct 17, 2017 06:19:05 pm
      I'm told we will see him from the start tonight. Eager to see it myself, but I'm not putting money down on him to start. This will be a source-tester.

I don’t think it takes a source to know the chances are he will probably be starting tonight mate, in fact I’d be incredibly surprised if he didn’t. That said, I hope he doesn’t.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #194: Oct 17, 2017 06:34:51 pm
      I don’t think it takes a source to know the chances are he will probably be starting tonight mate, in fact I’d be incredibly surprised if he didn’t. That said, I hope he doesn’t.

Pfft, what the hell do I know :laugh:

On the bench again, proving still he was a waste of a signing.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #195: Oct 17, 2017 06:47:49 pm
      I'm told we will see him from the start tonight. Eager to see it myself, but I'm not putting money down on him to start. This will be a source-tester.

Thanks for adding the full context of the quotes on OX and playing midfield. So much of the opinions, commentary on here is in the context of instant need, instant gratification, instant analysis. X happened therefore Y MUST be true.

All the parts must be carefully identified, selected, prepared, utilized. Each of the parts affect each and all of the other parts. In the end it will be worth the wait.

KK - it may not take a source to know what's going to happen, but it does take something to happen to know if the source was any good - and I know now this person does NOT have some inside track on info.

I don't think this team selection makes Ox a wasted signing however - need much more time to decide that.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #196: Oct 17, 2017 07:06:20 pm
      KK - it may not take a source to know what's going to happen, but it does take something to happen to know if the source was any good - and I know now this person does NOT have some inside track on info.

I don't think this team selection makes Ox a wasted signing however - need much more time to decide that.

Yeah for what it’s worth, I’d ditch your source :laugh:

You may need time to decide that, I don’t.
      But, if he gets on the pitch and bangs a hatty then wouldn’t mind.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #197: Oct 17, 2017 09:18:59 pm
      Not been impressed with him tonight. He's done absolutely bugger all.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #198: Oct 17, 2017 09:47:46 pm
      Nice finish kid.

Monkey

Off

Back
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #199: Oct 17, 2017 09:50:31 pm
      Well in Alex, off the mark! Hopefully the first of many.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #200: Oct 17, 2017 09:53:56 pm
      Celebrated his goal more than the rest to be honest. Needed it and got it. Good stuff Alex.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #201: Oct 22, 2017 07:18:40 pm
      Decent cameo against Maribor.
      But not seeing 40million worth out there again today.
      Belts the ball into lads and misplaces passes a bit too often.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #202: Oct 22, 2017 08:42:16 pm
      I thought he had another decent cameo. Time now to start him me feels.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #203: Oct 22, 2017 09:08:49 pm
      I thought he had another decent cameo. Time now to start him me feels.

To me I thought he looked as good as any outside of Mo. His second efforts after losing the ball are refreshing to see. It's so hard to judge the guy when he doesn't get any consistent minutes. He had some nice deliverys into the box and showed the pace we knew he had. At this point I want to see more from him, hope he gets his shot soon.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #204: Nov 02, 2017 03:30:56 pm
      Not included in the England squad.  Hasn't he been a bit of a staple of the side?

Could begin to sow some problems in the Liverpool camp that?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #205: Nov 02, 2017 05:30:56 pm
      40 mill.

For what ?  Still don't get it .

I really must be missing something with AOC.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #206: Nov 02, 2017 06:33:25 pm
      40 mill.

For what ?  Still don't get it .

I really must be missing something with AOC.

The english premium.. the same reason most people are so lenient towards him.. imagine Mane or Salah having the same output like him yet this guy needs 'accommodation' after already playing for more than 6 years in the Premier League :f_doh:

Quick Reply