Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Player Thread (M)

Read 170879 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Player Thread
      Reply #874: Nov 05, 2021 01:42:24 pm
      I thought he was good the other night too.

Some stray passes, but most players have some stray passes in every game.

To some people a player will have to be perfect otherwise he didn't have a good game, but Ox has come along nicely the past few games as he's gotten more consistent time. He had a quote recently saying (paraphrasing) "i'm getting my rhythm back and there's more to come", which is good news.

He plays a style of game that no one in our midfield really does except for Keita where he drives and runs with the ball at defenders so it would be great to get him back to full form. I am still unsure whether he can rediscover his pre-injury form and think he's still a depth player more than a regular starter, but a really nice one to have.

I believe his contract expires at the end of this season and does not look like it will be renewed.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #875: Nov 05, 2021 01:50:41 pm
      To some people a player will have to be perfect otherwise he didn't have a good game, but Ox has come along nicely the past few games as he's gotten more consistent time. He had a quote recently saying (paraphrasing) "i'm getting my rhythm back and there's more to come", which is good news.

He plays a style of game that no one in our midfield really does except for Keita where he drives and runs with the ball at defenders so it would be great to get him back to full form. I am still unsure whether he can rediscover his pre-injury form and think he's still a depth player more than a regular starter, but a really nice one to have.

I believe his contract expires at the end of this season and does not look like it will be renewed.

Agreed.

Its longest period he has stayed fit for years, long may it continue, as klopp will play him when he is on top form he is a real threat.

I thought he was probably leaving in the summer, but you never know if he stays fit for the whole season and contributes he may well get an extension, but then again he may decide to leave and be 1st choice elsewhere.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,796 posts | 464 
      Reply #876: Nov 05, 2021 01:57:32 pm
      Agreed.

Its longest period he has stayed fit for years, long may it continue, as klopp will play him when he is on top form he is a real threat.

I thought he was probably leaving in the summer, but you never know if he stays fit for the whole season and contributes he may well get an extension, but then again he may decide to leave and be 1st choice elsewhere.

Agree, heā€™s going to get playing time now, due to a small injury crises with our midfield. I also believe if he takes the ā€œbull by the hornā€ and brings his 2017/2018 form back, he may see a contract extension.

I really hope he does.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #877: Nov 05, 2021 02:25:56 pm
      Agree, heā€™s going to get playing time now, due to a small injury crises with our midfield. I also believe if he takes the ā€œbull by the hornā€ and brings his 2017/2018 form back, he may see a contract extension.

I really hope he does.

DEFO.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #878: Nov 05, 2021 10:12:47 pm
      sh*t myself when he went down holding the knee area.

Much better game from him, let's hope he kicks on. Have a felling he will score a screamer versus West Ham this weekend.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #879: Nov 05, 2021 11:19:56 pm

2023 it expires.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #880: Nov 07, 2021 08:21:25 pm

Another 18 months of him missing passes and being out of position. Yay. I miss Naby :(
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #881: Nov 07, 2021 08:26:46 pm
      he just hasnt captured the form he had before his injury so he needs to go  in January. One of the problems Shankly had was he was too loyal to older players . I understand JĆ¼rgen gets a lot from his players because of th eloyalty he shows to them but I think we need a clear out
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #882: Nov 07, 2021 08:31:15 pm
      Maybe just me but it was good to see him going at players and going past them - just needs to find a better ball at the end of the run
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #883: Nov 07, 2021 08:33:12 pm
      Maybe just me but it was good to see him going at players and going past them - just needs to find a better ball at the end of the run

He did that in midweek but I only recall it once today.

Far too inconsistent for me and if there was anyway of moving him out and getting someone else in January I'd be for it, the issue is the homegrown rule
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #884: Nov 07, 2021 09:56:26 pm
      A fully fit midfield and he is somewhere near the last choice so not surprising the midfield opens up for the opposition like the Red Sea parting when he plays.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #885: Nov 07, 2021 11:55:58 pm
      I didnā€™t think he was too bad today a few misplaced passes but came looking for the ball and was always looking to move it forward.

1 of the 3 culpable for the second as they should have taken Bowen out.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #886: Nov 08, 2021 12:30:50 am
      Far too careless on the ball again.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2818 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #887: Nov 08, 2021 09:12:14 am
      I actually thought he brought more energy to us then most.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #888: Nov 08, 2021 09:14:30 am
      Very unlucky to be taken off for me....was the pick of our midfield. Hendo was a mess and Fab had one of those games he has where everything looks like such hard work.....
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #889: Nov 08, 2021 02:07:46 pm
      Very unlucky to be taken off for me....was the pick of our midfield. Hendo was a mess and Fab had one of those games he has where everything looks like such hard work.....

Yep, he was hardly to blame. Fab looked like Fab after a layoff (go figure) and I thought Henderson was actually very poor yesterday. And when Thiago came on, he also looked like a player shaking off rust (again, go figure) so unfortunately in spite of our 8 midfielders or whatever we started the season with....we once again seemed to have injured our way into a bit of a crisis.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #890: Nov 21, 2021 12:32:04 pm
      Best game for us in a long long time.

Pressing, pace, goal threat.

This Chamberlain I can definitely get along with and the blend with the three yesterday is exactly what we need in CM.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #891: Nov 21, 2021 12:43:36 pm

funny how we can have different perspectives I thought Hendo brought calm  and great cover and Fab worked his socks off.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #892: Nov 21, 2021 05:20:56 pm
      Best game for us in a long long time.

Pressing, pace, goal threat.

This Chamberlain I can definitely get along with and the blend with the three yesterday is exactly what we need in CM.

He was excellent- he is the one midfielder who prefers to run with the ball , taking players on and having a pot shot. You can see he is feeling his way to getting some rhythm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #893: Nov 21, 2021 10:07:42 pm
      He was excellent- he is the one midfielder who prefers to run with the ball , taking players on and having a pot shot. You can see he is feeling his way to getting some rhythm

I think he has struggled to get back to his very best i.e the goal against City and now he has adjusted his game accordingly and it is a bonus that he is now another part of the puzzle for us and can do a great job when asked
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #894: Nov 21, 2021 10:24:10 pm
      Real bright spark yesterday, his energy was infectious hope he gets a lengthy injury free run to really prove his worth to the team.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #895: Nov 21, 2021 10:34:18 pm
      Yup teriffic again.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #896: Nov 22, 2021 05:03:05 am
      My man played his off the other day. Damn good game from the Ox