Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Woodburn v TAA v Brewster

Read 5774 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Woodburn v TAA v Brewster
      Sep 06, 2017 04:21:40 pm
      Might seem a strange topic but im intrigued to see who people think will go on to be a huge star for the club. Ben Woodburn Trent or Brewster? Maybe someone else?

Massive potential in them but it doesnt always come to fruition. Who in 20 years from now will most likely be in the " legend" category.
      « Last Edit: Sep 06, 2017 07:32:53 pm by JD »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Woodburn v TAA v Brewester
      Reply #1: Sep 06, 2017 04:26:01 pm
      Might seem a strange topic but im intrigued to see who people think will go on to be a huge star for the club. Ben Woodburn Trent or Brewster? Maybe someone else?

Massive potential in them but it doesnt always come to fruition. Who in 20 years from now will most likely be in the " legend" category.

Great topic.

Star power tends to be most closely-connected to goals, so I think that puts Trent at a disadvantage, although he's clearly the one farthest along with the first team just now.

Woodburn has shown he knows where the goal is, but then Brewster, from what I'm told, is the one some of the staff are most excited about. That's second-hand so take it for what it's worth, but I look forward to seeing him in those European youth games.

If this is a vote, I'm going to go with Rhian Brewster.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2: Sep 06, 2017 04:28:31 pm
      I know nothing about Brewser so can't give an opinion but I do think that both Woodburn and TAA will become outstanding players for us.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #3: Sep 06, 2017 04:38:23 pm
      Star power tends to be most closely-connected to goals, so I think that puts Trent at a disadvantage, although he's clearly the one farthest along with the first team just now.

He can whip in a good cross and is good with corners and free kicks. His opportunities are there to create goals and our fans should be smarter than judging players based on goals. No problem for me there if he keeps linking up, create or even better score goals.
      Kopite78
      Reply #4: Sep 06, 2017 04:46:21 pm
      Brewster is a real talent but it's far too early to tell with him.

I really like Woodburn and think he's got a chance with a manager like Klopp, however it's still about playing time and where Ben plays then it's the real impact third of the pitch And where we have so many established senior pros it may be difficult for him to get enough time to really develop right now unless he has a spike in development so acute that we wont really see it coming.

Trent is in a position where he is going to get the best playing time to develop. He played midfield at all the age groups coming through and still could move there. Steven played right back when he first broke in to the side too.

For me as we stand right now on these three my predictions would be

Brewster : I dont think he'll make it, for a similar reason a Woodburn, I don't see where he gets minutes in the first team the role he plays.

Woodburn : Klopp is giving him every chance by dropping him slightly deeper to get him more minutes and have more rounded game. I'm unsure on him whether he will become a long term start for the club  unless he has a real spike in development in the next 6 months

Trent : Will make over 500 apparences for the club
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5: Sep 06, 2017 04:52:01 pm
      I think Virtue would be another to look at if he is given the opportunity!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6: Sep 06, 2017 05:10:32 pm
      TAA for me. Looks like he could go on to be one hell of a player; good going forward, good at defending and has one hell of a delivery on him.
       Woodburn has looked decent enough but I have my doubts over whether he will go on to become a top class player. Hope I'm wrong but hes never really massively impressed me when he has played for us.
      Brewster, never really seen him play. I think if he was going to amount to anything we'd have seen him given some game time by now. Again, hope in massively wrong.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #7: Sep 06, 2017 05:21:24 pm
      I know nothing about Brewser so can't give an opinion but I do think that both Woodburn and TAA will become outstanding players for us.
      I hope he doesn't have a Welsh Grandad.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #8: Sep 06, 2017 05:28:04 pm
      TAA for me. Looks like he could go on to be one hell of a player; good going forward, good at defending and has one hell of a delivery on him.
       Woodburn has looked decent enough but I have my doubts over whether he will go on to become a top class player. Hope I'm wrong but hes never really massively impressed me when he has played for us.
      Brewster, never really seen him play. I think if he was going to amount to anything we'd have seen him given some game time by now. Again, hope in massively wrong.
      When you consider Woodburn is 17 years old, Wales can't score, this is a team with Bale and Ramsey... Woodburn comes on.. scores. 3 days later.. Wales can't score.. Woodburn comes on and assist. Had he chose to play for England he would be waiting longer for his debut.. but he also scored for Liverpool in league cup. If that is him at 17, I just can't imagine what he will be like at 27.. unplayable. He is the kind of player that England usually get once in a generation... and he will never kick a ball for England  :f_steam:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #9: Sep 06, 2017 05:48:19 pm
      When you consider Woodburn is 17 years old, Wales can't score, this is a team with Bale and Ramsey... Woodburn comes on.. scores. 3 days later.. Wales can't score.. Woodburn comes on and assist. Had he chose to play for England he would be waiting longer for his debut.. but he also scored for Liverpool in league cup. If that is him at 17, I just can't imagine what he will be like at 27.. unplayable. He is the kind of player that England usually get once in a generation... and he will never kick a ball for England  :f_steam:

I couldn't care less about the England team so makes no difference to me whether he plays for Wales or England. But look at the calibre of team he got the goal and assist against. I'm not taking anything away from him, not in the slightest because it was a cracking goal and deserves all the praise he gets for it, but it's hardly like he was up against Germany or Italy so I wouldn't go as far as saying he will be unplayable when he's 27 because of what happened in them 2 appearances. He has a long way to go yet.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #10: Sep 06, 2017 06:09:03 pm
      Great topic.

Woodburn has shown he knows where the goal is, but then Brewster, from what I'm told, is the one some of the staff are most excited about. That's second-hand so take it for what it's worth, but I look forward to seeing him in those European youth games.

If this is a vote, I'm going to go with Rhian Brewster.

Bombing down the right flank, whipping crosses in, getting assists, scoring goals, defending well can provide a level of excitement as much as any striker could. Plus TAA is a local lad. Anyway, I'll just leave this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WWA2VDqPts
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #11: Sep 06, 2017 06:20:25 pm
      Brewster looks fantastic but we've had dozens of young strikers who smash them in at youth level and then disappear into nothing. Not sure that'll happen with Rhian but it's too early to tell with him I think.

Both TAA and Woodburn I see as potential fixtures in our teams. They both seem technically good and mentally strong. Woodburn in particular strikes me as a player with a great footballing brain already.

I can't split the two, all I know is it's a credit to our academy that we're getting these talented, intelligent guys coming through and here's hoping there's many more to come.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #12: Sep 06, 2017 06:20:45 pm

Stop acting so butthurt over your beloved 'ENGERLAAAAAND' and wake up and smell the coffee and realise that they are a cesspit of football depravity backed and reviled (occasionally at the same time) by a vile, voyeuristic media with a coaching setup that has in the past treated our players with disdain and ignorance often resulting in injury. Oh and the obvious fact that they are a f**king embarrassment who can turn respectful individuals into national jokes EVERY two years. And yet you still wonder why he didn't want to play for England?

Now - continue acting all betrayed or shut the f**k up and support LIVERPOOL'S Ben Woodburn.

Brewster is a real talent but it's far too early to tell with him.

Brewster : I dont think he'll make it, for a similar reason a Woodburn, I don't see where he gets minutes in the first team the role he plays.

Huh?
      Kopite78
      Reply #13: Sep 06, 2017 06:36:31 pm

The two statements are separate mate.

The top ones were where I think they are... The second one a prediction of what they will do.

As I said I think Brewster is a talent but I'm not sure he will ultimately make it here because I don't see where or how he gets into the side mainly because it's harder to make an impact in the attacking areas due to the  pressure to deliver end product and the established players we have and trust in those roles  :confused-smiley-013:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #14: Sep 06, 2017 06:58:48 pm
      Bombing down the right flank, whipping crosses in, getting assists, scoring goals, defending well can provide a level of excitement as much as any striker could. Plus TAA is a local lad. Anyway, I'll just leave this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WWA2VDqPts

Oh I think he can be a top player with us for years,and as I said, he's the closest one to being there now. I'm just commenting on the concept of "big star" which I find to involve a certain amount of public opinion, media hype, etc. That tends to go toward players who score goals. I don't think it's the same thing as "best player."

For me, if 11 anonymous players can win the league and other competitions, that's perfectly fine.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #15: Sep 06, 2017 07:04:58 pm
      Now - continue acting all betrayed or shut the f**k up and support LIVERPOOL'S Ben Woodburn.
      I support him at Liverpool. I hope Wales flop like they did with Giggs.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #16: Sep 06, 2017 07:23:26 pm
      I support him at Liverpool. I hope Wales flop like they did with Giggs.

Instead of the multi trophy winning England team who lost to a supermarket
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #17: Sep 06, 2017 07:36:43 pm
      Instead of the multi trophy winning England team who lost to a supermarket
      Well, atleast we beat Turkey in the warm up game before that.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Re: Woodburn v TAA v Brewster
      Reply #18: Sep 06, 2017 07:38:15 pm
      You really would have to fancy Liverpool's youngest ever goalscorer who scored on his debut (playing 20 minutes of the game) and then got an assist in his second game (of which he played 30 minutes) at the age of 17 'should' go on to make a career out of the game.

Looks like he could go on to provide more than enough competition for the Adam Lallana position in the next few years.

TAA, to me, looks like a better winger than defender.  I'd imagine as long as he stays playing for a manager, and a system, who plays the system to suit him he will go on to have a big career.

Too early to say with Brewster - had a lot of false dawns that haven't made it seriously into the first team like the other two already have.

On the balance of what I've seen, and where they play, I'd go for the gut feeling that TAA will have the better career at LFC...!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #19: Sep 06, 2017 08:24:02 pm
      Not seen enough of Brewster to be honest but from what i hear he's ticking all the right boxes so hopefully he can come through and be a player we can all wax lyrical about,

Ben Woodburn; i think we have a player here who will just get better and better, he's 17 Ffs, a kid, who is already a international and has scored goals at senior level and made invaluable contributions along the way, most noticeably last night's assist, Ben made the correct decision picking Wales over England, England would have ruined him imo, and there is too much competition, with Wales he'll have more opportunities and less weight on his shoulders, as for playing with us, well Klopp's not stupid is he, he sees something in Ben that we don't or expect to see from Ben, i can see him having a very long career with LFC, Gerrard like career in terms of longevity,

TAA; This bloke is the real deal, i'm talking legend status,(in time) seriously, this fella has it all, bright, intelligent, football brain, delivers pristine balls into the box with precision, his passing will come with time, can shoot the nipples off a gnat from 25yrds, i'm hoping England DON'T come calling any time soon but feel it's inevitable,

this kid will achieve everything the game has to offer, and some, i'd have him tied down to a very lonnngggg deal, and perhaps most importantly he's scouse and he's a Winner, a definite future Captain.

really excited to see how this lad flourishes.

YNWA
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #20: Sep 06, 2017 08:47:58 pm
      There have been too many false dawns in the recent past. The last player to have progressed from the academy and who could establish himself in the first team is now overseeing that someone else from the u18 team can replicate his feat. Kids from the academy who we thought would make it to the first team have flattered to deceive. As a fan you end up disappointed just when you think that a particular batch is going to produce a golden generation. Jack Robinson, Martin Kelly, Adam Morgan, Suso, Jordan Rossiter were all touted to be the next Gerrard/Carra/Fowler et al.. But, unfortunately that never happened and their career has either faltered or they are plying their trade in a different team/league.

Not to be a killjoy, but, I would really want the kids to play for one or two more years to make any sort of prediction.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #21: Sep 06, 2017 08:53:44 pm
      I like TAA but if people aren't seriously excited about this lad there is something wrong! This kid is the reason we won't get too upset when Coutinho buggers off in 12 months time. BIG FUTURE.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oKTJDjEsEv8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ERqW-9dBI_4

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #22: Sep 06, 2017 09:32:07 pm
      I like TAA but if people aren't seriously excited about this lad there is something wrong! This kid is the reason we won't get too upset when Coutinho buggers off in 12 months time. BIG FUTURE.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oKTJDjEsEv8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ERqW-9dBI_4
      He also scored on his Anfield debut.

Quick Reply