Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Simon Mignolet
      12 (21.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (5.4%)
      Joel Matip
      3 (5.4%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      2 (3.6%)
      Alberto Moreno
      3 (5.4%)
      Emre Can
      2 (3.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (5.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      5 (8.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      8 (14.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      6 (10.7%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Dominic Solanke
      7 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Voting closed: Sep 13, 2017 02:32:18 pm

Manchester City 5-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 56330 times
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Re: Manchester City 5-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #690: Sep 09, 2017 05:34:37 pm
      Time people start be honest klopp yes we playing best attacking football in league but sorry feel like it going be other Brenden Rogers job he win F**k all because of not sort out defence
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #691: Sep 09, 2017 05:38:58 pm
      Time people start be honest klopp yes we playing best attacking football in league but sorry feel like it going be other Brenden Rogers job he win f**k all because of not sort out defence
      Thats debatable. Grest looking at mane and sala running with the ball beating people for fun. Not much craic though ehen fgey cross to an empty box or when they have to stop and hold the ball waiting on runners to arrive
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #692: Sep 09, 2017 05:41:12 pm
      Look at Chelsea win games by odd goal
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #693: Sep 09, 2017 05:47:29 pm
      The worst thing about this sending off is not just the effect on that game, but the fact Mané will now be out for 3 matches. I dread to think of when we lost Mané last season...

Well, arguably that is the one weakness we've addressed this summer, with the addition of Salah and Chamberlain. Let's see how we'll do now without our best player.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #694: Sep 09, 2017 05:50:58 pm
      Try say these be going on last couple years amount goals we leaking in people happy we our attack football but win F**k all give me bore football but win things
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #695: Sep 09, 2017 05:53:26 pm
      City playing with two strikers playing in between the channels very difficult to manage whereas we play completely different and without a recognized CF which still needs rectifying
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #696: Sep 09, 2017 05:57:52 pm
      Quote from heimdall on Today at 04:32:33 pm
      For us it was a bad day against a very good team and when we lost Mane we completely lost our confidence and shape.

Agreed, not a point touched on enough yet in my opinion.

Jürgen noted this problem around January/Feb when we hit our slump that when things go against us the negativity and  expectance of failure seems to kick in. We don't have that personality in the team that sees adversity and spits in it's face outside apart from Mane. Firmino will never let his head drop and will keep pushing but that arrogance, sure it might be what got him sent off today, but more of our lads need it.

Most especially this is needed in your midfield, from that position you can influence tempo more than any other, in both a defensive and attacking sense. I'm not talking Roy Keane, level of aggression, but something just a bit nasty that gets the lads fired up, while we took a couple of punches today there was nobody bouncing back from the ropes with their own. We'd had our guard lowered and were simply there for the taking.

This character trait can't be coached either, or not in my opinion anyway, it's a way of life. You either accept failure as "one of those things" or "oh well" or you fight against it and while sometimes, perhaps many, you wont overcome it, there will be times when "one of those things" or "or well" was actually wrong and a bit of grit/determination and pure anger that "this is not happening to me!" Will get you through to the other side.

Are we a bunch of wimps that are easily intimidated by both the way things unfold and aggressive opponents, in the middle of the park and in between the sticks this is an over-riding problem that has been with us and will remain with us as long as these same players continue to be selected. Spit in the face of adversity, a bit more of "bring it on bi*ch!" attitude, I'd love to see it from us.

I don't k ow mate, we've come from behind to win games on plenty of occasions under Klopp, didn't we have secure the most points from losing positions in the league last year or something to that effect?

I don't believe there is a lack of character as such, we simply can't defend. We're terrible at it. Plain and simple. When your down to ten men it kinda becomes the most important thing unfortunately so let's be thankful it doesn't happen very often.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #697: Sep 09, 2017 05:59:52 pm
      The worst thing about this sending off is not just the effect on that game, but the fact Mané will now be out for 3 matches. I dread to think of when we lost Mané last season...

Well, arguably that is the one weakness we've addressed this summer, with the addition of Salah and Chamberlain. Let's see how we'll do now without our best player.

You sure it'll be three games? Surely common sense will prevail and it'll be just the one match. I thought the three games was for violent conduct.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #698: Sep 09, 2017 06:01:37 pm
      You sure it'll be three games? Surely common sense will prevail and it'll be just the one match. I thought the three games was for violent conduct.

I think straight red cards are always three games?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #699: Sep 09, 2017 06:05:18 pm
      Everton 0 v 3 Spurs

At least they'll keep their mouths shut.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #700: Sep 09, 2017 06:08:35 pm
      I know. He we went in late with the studs to his head instead. Not sure why people are frothing at the mouth that much. That's a strong case for a red. Very strong.

I'm not really seeing how anyone can argue against the red.

I thought it was red straight away, and the replays only made it look worse.

Both feet off the ground, foot above his own head, no control, dangerous, studs up.
      What on earth are people arguing about?
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #701: Sep 09, 2017 06:10:53 pm
      I know. He we went in late with the studs to his head instead. Not sure why people are frothing at the mouth that much. That's a strong case for a red. Very strong.

About as clear a red as you will see this season.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #702: Sep 09, 2017 06:15:35 pm
      What an embarrassment that was.

Of course we were proper up against it after the red card but I expected a bit more fight than that. Defence all over the place again, that statement from Klopp about there not being 5 centre backs in the world better than ours is getting more bizarre by the day. Midfield so poor as well, we will definitely pay the price for not getting someone in there for this season.

As for the red, watched it a few more times and still think it's a clear red. Could tell from Mane's reaction that he knew he'd made a silly mistake. Just needs to learn from it and he's already won us so many games in the year he's been here so hard to get too pissed off with him.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,326 posts | 773 
      Reply #703: Sep 09, 2017 06:33:51 pm
      Did not see the game, although down to 10 men. Where the Reds really that bad ? Losing 5  0, is surely a pretty awful result.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #704: Sep 09, 2017 06:37:33 pm
      Just logged onto facebook and the first thing I saw was the LFC page displaying a video of Gerrard smashing a scorcher in from 30 yards in front of the Abu Dhabi faithful from a few years back.

Are they F***ing winding me up?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #705: Sep 09, 2017 06:40:44 pm
      Yep, Robertson looked a lot more assured in both defence and attack when he played

Against Crystal Palace. Not a £1BN team. We didn't lose that game down to one individual position.

The whole team gave up which in my view is far more worrying.  When the chips are down they all jumped ship.

How many times, for instance, did you see the captain bollocking anyone today?  So many problems and a lack of leadership on the field is just one of the many things.  It's one of the reasons we have lost 3 consecutive cup finals in my view.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #706: Sep 09, 2017 06:43:45 pm
      It was never a red card.

And Klavan should never have been a Liverpool player.

The decision to not sign any CB was negligent and today was a good example why. Also I thought Henderson was far from Liverpool captain level today.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #707: Sep 09, 2017 06:51:42 pm
      didnt think i would see myside get beat by 5 clear goals.

embarrassing.

i dont want to hear any players come out and chat sh*t about what they need to do.

show me on the pitch
      Gongfarmer
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts | 19 
      Reply #708: Sep 09, 2017 06:51:47 pm
      Ok, I'm writing this before reading the thread. I'm stating my views untainted for the next few minutes.

This was always a tough one, I would have taken the draw prior to the game. The sending off was tough for us, but I ask you honestly if that been been in reverse at Anfield, what would you be saying? Tough decision, yes, but not totally unexpected. I think we may have got a draw, certainly played some decent stuff. Who knows we could have had all 3 points.

Now for the defence: Those starting at the back were not good enough today. Either young and inexperienced, or just not good enough to cope with the likes of Aguero and Jesus. Not really their fault, they are what they are.

The manager, Klopp doesn't know how to defend a lead, not his thing. When we needed to just keep the score down, we failed miserably. This doesn't bother me today. 3 points lost, move on. It does however bother me when we are 1-0 up away from home against your standard team such as Watford. That is what will cost us a league challenge. We will not lose the title today, many teams will come unstuck against Man City,but if we don't sort the defence out we will not challenge despite all of our attractive football.

Debate the sending off by all means, but do not let this muddy the waters. We conceded 4 goals when we should have reorganised, been dull and hoped for an occasional break and failed miserably.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #709: Sep 09, 2017 06:54:38 pm
      Did not see the game, although down to 10 men. Where the Reds really that bad ? Losing 5  0, is surely a pretty awful result.

It didn't happen, fake news,  it was a dream guys, wasn't it ?
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #710: Sep 09, 2017 06:57:13 pm
      It didn't happen, fake news,  it was a dream nightmare guys, wasn't it ?

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #711: Sep 09, 2017 06:59:54 pm
      I thought it was red straight away, and the replays only made it look worse.

Both feet off the ground, foot above his own head, no control, dangerous, studs up.
      What on earth are people arguing about?

I think people are arguing about the intent aspect?  It was definitely dangerous though and those are the laws - even if it was accidental you get a red card these days. 

If he hadn't have connected would he have got a red?
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,357 posts | 290 
      Reply #712: Sep 09, 2017 07:00:40 pm
      The only thing I can see with the red card is that refs must have been told that type of challenge is now a red, I think he's entitled to go for the ball personally, it wasn't dirty he isn't dirty but every challenge must now be treated the same or we've been effed over.
      Disappointed with the collapse and I was just thinking Can was becoming a consistant performer, should have known better, big mistake not strengthening CM, big mistake not strengthening CB and big mistake chopping and changing the side.
      We are a dangerous side that creates chances but I'd love to see our conversion rate of chances to goals it must be one of the worst in the league, we should have had a 1-0 lead to at least defend with the 10 men, we will always pay the price for not having a striker I've said it throughout Klopps reign and my opinion hasn't changed.Bad day we'll have to forget it now and move on.

Quick Reply