Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Pre match : Liverpool v Sevilla : 13th Sept : 19:45

Read 9224 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,281 posts | 763 
      Re: Pre match : Liverpool v Sevilla : 13th Sept : 19:45
      Reply #46: Sep 12, 2017 04:48:22 pm
      Do not know, what to expect tbh, turning up for the game, in the right frame of mind, would be a start !!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #47: Sep 12, 2017 04:49:35 pm
      No Salah in the training/warm up session
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #48: Sep 12, 2017 04:53:20 pm
      No Salah in the training/warm up session

Oh really? During the post match, Klopp said withdrawing Salah was tactical (and not an injury). If he is not going to play, then Alex will play on the right?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #49: Sep 12, 2017 05:01:15 pm
      As you say mate, you're always liking my post but I got battered.

Money down on a return to form for the Redmen and Clint!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #50: Sep 12, 2017 05:04:56 pm

That's twice now I've excitedly logged on to see a few minutes of players doing calisthenics and then - *phppppppt* the signal goes out. Probably won't get me a third time. If they could at least show them working with a ball....

I didn't seem to notice Mo Saleh in the warmup, although I might have just missed him....he's not injured is he?
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #51: Sep 12, 2017 05:34:28 pm
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,915 posts | 4982 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #52: Sep 12, 2017 05:54:57 pm
      Can't understand all the hard-ons for Karius i dont want him anywhere near our CL side, we're gonna need all our experience players to beat this lot...i would go with this.....

Mignolet
          Gomez  Matip Lovren Robertson
                            Henderson
              Wijnaldom       Coutinho
            Salah                                Mane
                               Firmino

Reluctantly put in Henderson,it was a toss off between him and Emre, Hendo only got the nod cos he's skip and more used to playing where he is,
      I put in Coutinho cos he is the creator supreme without him especially in Europe we'll be toothless,

Bench; Ward, TAA, Klavan, Can, Ox, Sturridge , Milner

We owe these kunts don't we ?

We really really need to win this, a defeat or draw immediately puts us under immense pressure to get through and probably have to rely on other results, win and we can relax slighty,
      Probably the toughest test we'll face being at home against the favs to win the group ,

Very tight affair but i reckon we'll scrape it .....2-1...

YNWA
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,386 posts | 3395 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #53: Sep 12, 2017 06:20:09 pm
      Salah sent home with illness  and is doubtful for tomorrow
      « Last Edit: Sep 12, 2017 06:28:45 pm by FATKOPITE10 »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,386 posts | 3395 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #54: Sep 12, 2017 06:29:54 pm
      Can't understand all the hard-ons for Karius i dont want him anywhere near our CL side, we're gonna need all our experience players to beat this lot...i would go with this.....

Mignolet
          Gomez  Matip Lovren Robertson
                            Henderson
              Wijnaldom       Coutinho
                               Firmino

Reluctantly put in Henderson,it was a toss off between him and Emre, Hendo only got the nod cos he's skip and more used to playing where he is,
      I put in Coutinho cos he is the creator supreme without him especially in Europe we'll be toothless,

Bench; Ward, TAA, Klavan, Can, Ox, Sturridge , Milner

We owe these kunts don't we ?

We really really need to win this, a defeat or draw immediately puts us under immense pressure to get through and probably have to rely on other results, win and we can relax slighty,
      Probably the toughest test we'll face being at home against the favs to win the group ,

Very tight affair but i reckon we'll scrape it .....2-1...

YNWA

A toss off ? Do you mean toss up ?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,915 posts | 4982 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #55: Sep 12, 2017 06:45:35 pm
      A toss off ? Do you mean toss up ?

No i meant toss off cos both have been w*nk recently  ;D

YNWA
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #56: Sep 12, 2017 07:17:26 pm
      If i was to pick a team based on dropping who pissed me off saturday thered be a lot of changes. So ill just drop the most annoying

Mignolet

Trent Gomez Lovern Robertson

Gruij Hendo

Bobby

Salah         Sturridge     Mane
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #57: Sep 12, 2017 07:23:40 pm
      Gomez doing the press conference, so I reckon he will be a starter!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #58: Sep 12, 2017 08:54:44 pm
      Karius starts tomorrow, says Jürgen.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #59: Sep 12, 2017 09:01:58 pm
      NB: Team no longer available
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,197 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #60: Sep 13, 2017 12:12:22 am
      Karius starts tomorrow, says Jürgen.

Madness from Klopp you have one main keeper, chopping and changing before an already shakey defence only shatters what little confidance the back four have.....madness
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,197 posts | 1205 
      Reply #61: Sep 13, 2017 12:33:52 am
      Madness from Klopp you have one main keeper, chopping and changing before an already shakey defence only shatters what little confidance the back four have.....madness

It's the one position you normally expect to remain virtually unchanged except for the odd league/FA cup tie.

It is a clear symptom of the fact that we don't have a top goalie, because if we did then we just wouldn't do it.

Still begs the question what the manager thinks we have to gain by rotating the position. Freshness/keeping them keen presumably.

Perhaps he thinks they are on a similar level and that this approach might promote good competition.

They're both pretty sh*te (we have the worst GKs of any team in at least the top 7) so you could argue, why not? You could also argue, as I would, that yes Mignolet is sh*te but not as sh*te as Karius, so we're therefore probably better to stick with him and let that breed whatever consistency and cohesion it may.
      « Last Edit: Sep 13, 2017 12:41:26 am by -LFC- »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #62: Sep 13, 2017 03:35:22 am
      It's the one position you normally expect to remain virtually unchanged except for the odd league/FA cup tie.

It is a clear symptom of the fact that we don't have a top goalie, because if we did then we just wouldn't do it.

Still begs the question what the manager thinks we have to gain by rotating the position. Freshness/keeping them keen presumably.

Perhaps he thinks they are on a similar level and that this approach might promote good competition.

They're both pretty sh*te (we have the worst GKs of any team in at least the top 7) so you could argue, why not? You could also argue, as I would, that yes Mignolet is sh*te but not as sh*te as Karius, so we're therefore probably better to stick with him and let that breed whatever consistency and cohesion it may.

It could be, and I obviously do not know this, but it could be that he expects Simon to be gone after this year, not being the level he wants for this title-winning teams. Who to replace him then? Well he bought Karius that year with that in mind, but he had more of an adjustment than expected, and basically did not  perform all that well. But it's not as though he played all that often, and perhaps the coaching has worked with him in the interim and he wants to give him some more chances and see if he could be the new #1 next season, or otherwise determine that he won't be good enough (having been given another chance) and somebody else would be brought in next July (and/or give Ward a chance).

Remember, Karius was voted the 2nd best keeper in the Bundesliga the season leading up to that transfer window. On the surface you'd think he would be a quality goalkeeper, we just haven't seen much evidence of that yet.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #63: Sep 13, 2017 07:56:11 am
      Tonight will show what our defence are made of mentally.
      We know physically they are below expectation as s unit.
      Now we will see how they can respond mentally after the mauling they had from city.
      I personally think they are in for a torrid time. I'm not confident they will cope !
      I'm sure, individually they are all thinking 'it's the other fellas fault'
      Human nature, but doesn't bode well
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #64: Sep 13, 2017 08:27:15 am
      Tonight will show what our defence are made of mentally.
      We know physically they are below expectation as s unit.
      Now we will see how they can respond mentally after the mauling they had from city.
      I personally think they are in for a torrid time. I'm not confident they will cope !
      I'm sure, individually they are all thinking 'it's the other fellas fault'
      Human nature, but doesn't bode well

Individuals in defence certainly have issues when it comes to the basics of defending however if they are getting zero protection from midfield like in the last game then it doesn't matter who you have defending they will struggle.

Our whole system is set up for winning the midfield battle and giving the opposition minimum time on the ball in midfield but when the likes of Can and Gini go awol and Hendo decides to run around like a headless chicken then any top team will show us up.

Hopefully a kick up the arse and benchings will have sorted them out.

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,141 posts | 1084 
      Reply #65: Sep 13, 2017 08:55:16 am
      I'm so jacked for this game. I'm throwing on the Carragher and putting a huge chip on my shoulder before heading to a dive bar with a few of my friends around 1 PM my time to get the booze in me. The game starts at 2:30 local time and I'll be right and prime to catch an ass whoopin as I cant fight at all. Most likely no one will give a sh*t about some asshole wearing a collared football jersey due to the fact that I live in small town VA. Therefore me and the boys will get to watch the game in peace.

Anyways, I want to see our best team on the pitch for this one, but with Mo sick who knows if he can even play? Anyways.....

Karius

Matip                   Lovern

Gomez                                                    Roberston

Can                      Hendo                   Couthino

Firmino

With Mo being sick maybe we move Mane on the right and Phil on the left. If that's the case I almost want to see the Ox pop in to the midfield. Gini needs a rest and this is why we got the Ox, aint it? Lets go Redmen, give em the full pecker. 3-1 FTW

YNWA boys
      « Last Edit: Sep 13, 2017 09:02:00 am by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #66: Sep 13, 2017 09:20:58 am
      A good start sets the tone for the group, and doesn't leave us playing catch up.  You really have to win the home games and we are more than capable of beating anyone on our day.

Phil will be involved I assume, just not sure if its from the start.
      Kopite78
      Reply #67: Sep 13, 2017 09:28:22 am
      That's twice now I've excitedly logged on to see a few minutes of players doing calisthenics and then - *phppppppt* the signal goes out. Probably won't get me a third time. If they could at least show them working with a ball....

They wont ever show any in depth training mate.
      If you and me can watch it so can the opposition
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #68: Sep 13, 2017 10:07:58 am
      Individuals in defence certainly have issues when it comes to the basics of defending however if they are getting zero protection from midfield like in the last game then it doesn't matter who you have defending they will struggle.

Our whole system is set up for winning the midfield battle and giving the opposition minimum time on the ball in midfield but when the likes of Can and Gini go awol and Hendo decides to run around like a headless chicken then any top team will show us up.

Hopefully a kick up the arse and benchings will have sorted them out.

Personally, I would bench them but perhaps not for this game. For some reason, Klopp doesn't like to change things up. It's almost like doing them same thing expecting a different result. Personally, it is about time other players (such as Gruijic) are given a more extended time in our midfield. They can't surely do worse than the three stooges we have in there at the moment. I am so pissed with these idiots in the midfield.

Quick Reply