Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

We AREN'T going to win the league this season, it's OK, get used to it.

Read 17647 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: We AREN'T going to win the league this season, it's OK, get used to it.
      Reply #161: Sep 29, 2017 12:16:11 am
      So lets get this straight, then I won't offend anybody.

1. You ARE allowed to talk about Rodgers and his shiny teeth, how he "flipped the triangle", how he's a sh!t manager because Barcelona spanked them last year, how his clothes are funny, how he was "totally out of his depth and a failure at Liverpool". All of that is not just OK, it gets you pluses and it is encouraged. You are allowed to refer to him in every thread and accuse other posters of "stroking his cock".
      HOWEVER, if you have the cheek to point out a stat which shows that so far our results haven't improved much/if at all since he was f***** off, it's blasphemy. NOTE-It is OK to point out stats which clearly show that we've improved out of all recognition, that gets you pluses and gets encouraged.
      Similarly, openly abusing anyone who dares to say anything positive about Rodgers is absolutely cool.

2. You ARE allowed to doubt Jürgen's selection policy and completely disagree with him. That is obviously as long as you are either talking about either Lovren or Mignolet. If it's anybody else, (with the possible exception of Can) it's frowned upon. It is OK to accuse posters who dare to do this as "believing they know more about football than Jürgen". If you have the cheek to wonder whether or not we might be better off playing Bobby Heskey at number 10 and playing a genuine number 9, then you obviously hate Jürgen completely, hate Firmino and think he's sh!t/should play for Doncaster, and want to suck TPM's todger. Matip has a similar ring of fire surrounding him, any posts wondering whether Teflon might have made a mistake is to be shouted down instantly, it's author abused freely.

3. Transfer funds. Just in case you've missed it, the rules have now changed. The self same posters who constantly posted "Rodgers spunked 300 million the useless c***!" are now telling us that Jürgen has only spent 17 million quid. You've guessed it, NET TRANSFER SPEND IS NOW BACK IN!! (keep up everyone). Any reference to the possibility that those who said "Jürgen doesn't buy big", "develops people on the training ground" etc were perhaps talking bollocks is to be either ignored or disputed with posts which begin "What I actually said was...".

4. Anyone who disagrees with anything whatsoever the manager does, must before they post it up here ask themselves "do I have the same amount of information as Jürgen?". If they don't (and they don't), then they shouldn't complain or post on here, they should try and understand WHY Jürgen has done something they disagree with.****

**** Obviously not if it's a comment about the Mignolet/Lovren axis, then it's Ok to not have any information other than the "knowledge of your own eyes that both are sh!te", and you can criticise away.

The last thing I want to do is offend anyone, so if I've got any of this wrong please let me know. Ta.

This needs to be embedded into the rules of this forum for new members signing up.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #162: Sep 29, 2017 01:47:58 am
      Sorry mate but I'm expecting a trophy this season, that habit of not winning and accepting that we have won f**k all recently so we carry on with this status quo is a non starter.

We need to win silverware, Boss needs to deliver on that front, but his reluctance to look further than VVD & paying out for a player who can't help us this season may cost us.

And if we don't? If we finish another season trophiless? Another season outside the top four? If your expectations are not met, what then?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #163: Sep 29, 2017 02:46:05 am
      haha. The other day eurored of all people was making excuses for Klopp on the basis of a low net spend. Rodgers had about £15m net per window over his time at the club. Importantly, it took him 3 seasons to be able to sign a player for over £15m, and that was only after selling Luis Suarez. But hey, let's not get that on the way of his massive dislike for the manager.

1 Whats this sh*te ?

2 Thats not my user name.

3 When was I making any excuses for Klopp.? I have made very little comment at all yet on his managership. Its all been positive.

4 Unlike some I make no comparison between a proper manager and a pretender.

5 Massive dislike for the manager ?   Are you stoned or what ?   
      Or do you mean Rodgers?  Yes that was correct.

Go find a cubicle with a fellow Brendanista.

I told you three years ago you talked bullshit.   Its never changed .
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #164: Sep 29, 2017 03:06:45 am
      1 Whats this sh*te ?

2 Thats not my user name.

3 When was I making any excuses for Klopp.? I have made very little comment at all yet on his managership. Its all been positive.

4 Unlike some I make no comparison between a proper manager and a pretender.

5 Massive dislike for the manager ?   Are you stoned or what ?   
      Or do you mean Rodgers?  Yes that was correct.

Go find a cubicle with a fellow Brendanista.

I told you three years ago you talked bullshit.   Its never changed .

eurored or whatever crap you call yourself today, I couldn't care less.

I was talking about how "net spend" seems only to be important when convenient for people like yourself. Rodgers also had a low net spent, yet it has never seemed to bother you - after all he's a "pretender", while Klopp "is trying" under difficult circumstances.

A 27 million pound net spend.

What do you expect  ...... miracles ?  He is trying .

Could be worse . Could be in Rafa's position of being completely let down with funds not available.

That's what I was talking about.

As for myself - I think net spend is important for all managers, I don't simply pick specific times to care about it.

Talking bullshit in your eyes is a massive compliment.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: We AREN'T going to win the league this season, it's OK, get used to it
      Reply #165: Sep 29, 2017 08:03:36 am
      Depends what time frame you consider a good judge of form?

5 games? 2 ppg.
      10 games? 2.1 ppg.
      Half a season? 2 ppg.

Klopp replaced Rodgers October 2015.

Truth be told, I'd expect to see that kind a downward trend on any manager who's days were numbered, and the incoming manager to improve on that trend. That's basically the point of changing managers.

« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2017 08:11:14 am by Beerbelly »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #166: Sep 29, 2017 09:32:08 am
      Aye Brendan wasn't given the required funds to make a go of it once Suarez was sold and of course it's a similar situation now with Jürgen.

It doesn't shock me that Klopps record with liverpool is worse than Rodgers with regard to win % because Brendan did have Luis and we did nearly win a title. Klopp hasn't had that one great player to lift us beyond the ordinary, but he has dealt with post Suarez Liverpool a lot better than Brendan did.

However there is the transfer window to bring in a top class player to transform us from unlucky to luckier but still we have Firmino leading the line and Mignolet or worse between the sticks with Matip and Lovren or worse defending for him.

He could make life a lot easier on himself and my hunch would be with a class squad he would get us back to the top.

Just not sure if he believes that himself or he'd prefer to order a bit more shooting practice for Firmino instead.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #167: Sep 29, 2017 10:33:39 am
      Can we once and for all stop obsessing over net spend? If we bought Aguero (after his ribs heal) for a quid and sold Moreno for ten million, are you lot going to moan about how we're almost ten million net positive for the Summer? You need to judge players on their quality and experience, not their transfer fees. Our problem isn't that we have a low net spend, our problem is that we don't buy good enough players. We lack leaders, we lack sufficient experience at winning things. That's what needs to change, not how good a salesmen our transfer gurus are.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #168: Sep 29, 2017 01:16:41 pm
      Can we once and for all stop obsessing over net spend? If we bought Aguero (after his ribs heal) for a quid and sold Moreno for ten million, are you lot going to moan about how we're almost ten million net positive for the Summer? You need to judge players on their quality and experience, not their transfer fees. Our problem isn't that we have a low net spend, our problem is that we don't buy good enough players. We lack leaders, we lack sufficient experience at winning things. That's what needs to change, not how good a salesmen our transfer gurus are.

Like I keep saying, net spend without context is worthless, but those with an agenda love to use it because they think it "proves" something.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #169: Sep 29, 2017 01:22:26 pm
      He's probably the biggest fisherman on here

Admit it Mick you love sh*t stirring.

BigMick loves Rodgers and is definitely sh*t stirrer.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #170: Sep 29, 2017 01:58:45 pm
      BigMick loves Rodgers and is definitely sh*t stirrer.

Cheers mate very nice of you to say so   :o
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #171: Sep 29, 2017 02:02:26 pm

Ginger?

Loves his "Strictly" does our Mick  :f_whistle:
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #172: Sep 29, 2017 02:12:53 pm
      Ginger?

Loves his "Strictly" does our Mick  :f_whistle:

Jeez don't get me started on Strictly. The Mrs and my little girl are obsessed with it, front rooms out of bounds while that sh!te is on.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #173: Sep 29, 2017 02:20:07 pm
      Jeez don't get me started on Strictly. The Mrs and my little girl are obsessed with it, front rooms out of bounds while that sh!te is on.

Same as Mick, if I fail to control myself and laugh at the silly fuckers strutting about like Max Wall, they look at me like I've got two heads.
      Beats the hell out of me what people see in it.
      On topic - those Max Wall merchants have got as much chance of winning the Prem as we have.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #174: Sep 29, 2017 02:23:33 pm
      Same as Mick, if I fail to control myself and laugh at the silly fuckers strutting about like Max Wall, they look at me like I've got two heads.
      Beats the hell out of me what people see in it.

Used to watch it for Brucie, loved the old f**ker...

Oh plus the odd revealing dance costumes ;)
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #175: Sep 29, 2017 02:24:39 pm
      Used to watch it for Brucie, loved the old f**ker...

Oh plus the odd revealing dance costumes ;)

Fair play some of the birds on it are smoking.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #176: Sep 29, 2017 02:28:44 pm

How can you buy 'good players' when the means to acquire such footballers is not made available? 
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #177: Sep 29, 2017 03:07:48 pm

I hate it. Thankfully my Mrs does too so we go to the pub Saturday tea-time.

Life is sweet.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #178: Sep 30, 2017 02:49:28 am

I could ... c**t.

They are the initials of my children.

Bad mistake there pal ....... very bad ...for you.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #179: Sep 30, 2017 08:47:44 am

I was talking about how "net spend" seems only to be important when convenient for people like yourself. Rodgers also had a low net spent, yet it has never seemed to bother you - after all he's a "pretender", while Klopp "is trying" under difficult circumstances.

That's what I was talking about.

As for myself - I think net spend is important for all managers, I don't simply pick specific times to care about it.

Talking bullshit in your eyes is a massive compliment.

This is my first post for a couple of months due to being in hospital and what do I find but you throwing insults at MIRO.He has far more knowledge of LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB going back to the early 1960s than you will ever know.He also happens to be one of the kindest members of this forum helping a forum member who later sh*t on him.I suggest you owe MIRO one big apology and better still delete your post.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #180: Sep 30, 2017 08:56:55 am
      This is my first post for a couple of months due to being in hospital and what do I find but you throwing insults at MIRO.He has far more knowledge of LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB going back to the early 1960s than you will ever know.He also happens to be one of the kindest members of this forum helping a forum member who later sh*t on him.I suggest you owe MIRO one big apology and better still delete your post.
      Hope all is well after your stint in hospital @billy1.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #181: Sep 30, 2017 09:04:24 am
      Hope all is well after your stint in hospital @billy1.

Thank you Jim,I think it will be another month or 2 before I get the all clear,cheers.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #182: Sep 30, 2017 12:07:30 pm
      Like I keep saying, net spend without context is worthless, but those with an agenda love to use it because they think it "proves" something.

I have no real idea but I do have a hunch that if we put all the clubs net spends together from since FSG took over Liverpool we'd be about the 4th/5th/6th highest which pretty much correlates to where we finish most of our seasons. The 1st 2nd and 3rd highest spenders probably fight for the top spots consistently.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #183: Sep 30, 2017 12:21:30 pm
      It doesn't shock me that Klopps record with liverpool is worse than Rodgers with regard to win % because Brendan did have Luis and we did nearly win a title. Klopp hasn't had that one great player to lift us beyond the ordinary, but he has dealt with post Suarez Liverpool a lot better than Brendan did.

However there is the transfer window to bring in a top class player to transform us from unlucky to luckier
      100% mate and there's the rub, for many.

One cannot, (without looking like a hypocritical bell-end), spend one's time blowing and boasting that "Jürgen doesn't buy ready made big names... he makes them" only to later cry "but Rodgers had better players and that's why he won more." 😂

I know the place is infested with people who like to apply double standards and hope we are all F***ing stupid but F**k me... it's getting ridiculous.

I'm still hoping that we stay in touch until then add some 'top class' come January btw. 😎

Quick Reply