Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Danny Ward
      12 (15.4%)
      Jon Flanagan
      1 (1.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      2 (2.6%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      24 (30.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (5.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      3 (3.8%)
      Marko Grujić
      4 (5.1%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      10 (12.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      4 (5.1%)
      Dominic Solanke
      3 (3.8%)
      Ben Woodburn
      9 (11.5%)
      Danny Ings
      2 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Voting closed: Sep 23, 2017 09:44:52 pm

Leicester City 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30513 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Leicester City 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #552: Sep 21, 2017 12:10:53 am
      We look better without him? Did you watch the match and compare the first and second half when he went off.
      No great surprise that the opposition manager saw the opportunity of Coutinho going off to go more attacking is there any better praise for the threat of one player.

Him cutting in and firing it aimlessly can't be aimed at him last night, it was nothing like against Burnley which I described as moronic at the time.
      Sorry, I meant this seasons starting 11 looks better without him....

But Last night, seriously what did he do...? what did he add to the team, and I do mean trying to weave his way through only to get stopped time after time after time... poor, poor, poor....  Don't know who was worst him or the Ox
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #553: Sep 21, 2017 12:15:15 am
      Come on mate, be serious. It makes for better debate if the post is at least bordering on sensible.
      And with his form at present you would still pay £140 m plus..?? ... I remember Chelsea buying Torres for £50 m when he was out of form and how long did that run last...??
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #554: Sep 21, 2017 12:21:03 am
      This is a silly post. Coutinho was head and shoulders above every other player on the pitch during the first half.
      Really...?? Then why did Klopp sub him..?? And don't say because of Saturday... We weren't leading, hell we weren't even peppering their goals with shots... And If Saturday was the reason, then why Start him and risk injury, why not give him a twenty minute run out instead...? Klopp could see he was under performing and that's was the reason he substituted  him
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #555: Sep 21, 2017 01:04:26 am
      Really...?? Then why did Klopp sub him..?? And don't say because of Saturday... We weren't leading, hell we weren't even peppering their goals with shots... And If Saturday was the reason, then why Start him and risk injury, why not give him a twenty minute run out instead...? Klopp could see he was under performing and that's was the reason he substituted  him

He subbed him because he has played about 100 minutes of football the last 2 months. He doesn't have the match fitness or legs for a full game yet.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #556: Sep 21, 2017 02:55:39 am

He did say in his post match presser, that that was the whole plan all along. he'd just play the first half only.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #557: Sep 21, 2017 09:26:05 am
      At present we look better with him out of the squad than him in the squad

Think the difference between the first and second half on Tuesday night speaks for itself - ie. clearer proof than any of the opposite.

Still annoyed we brought him off. You play the game on it's merits.
      Even so, was surprised we collapsed so tragically after bringing him off.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #558: Sep 21, 2017 09:27:45 am
      Although for posters like me not overly bothered about this Cup what it means is likely less opportunities for the likes of Solanke, Woodburn etc which is always a shame as how do they show they are ready to be given a chance at the top level.

Absolutely, need these guys to get match experience, and that's a good opportunity gone already this season.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #559: Sep 21, 2017 11:04:50 am

He did say in his post match presser, that that was the whole plan all along. he'd just play the first half only.
      Thanks Aussie' Ok If that was his plan I can't argue with that....

But it still does not take away from the fact that he did not play well and nearly everything he was trying failed, And that can not be put down to fitness levels
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #560: Sep 21, 2017 11:07:59 am
      Think the difference between the first and second half on Tuesday night speaks for itself - ie. clearer proof than any of the opposite.

Still annoyed we brought him off. You play the game on it's merits.
      Even so, was surprised we collapsed so tragically after bringing him off.

All it really proves is that the player bought on to replace him had less of a impact than he had...Coutinho was still extremely poor... Here is the thing...
      Saturday we will be playing at full strength, and that will take a lot of the focus off Coutinho
      « Last Edit: Sep 21, 2017 11:12:03 am by The Real Donavan Ried »
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #561: Sep 21, 2017 11:38:48 am
      All it really proves is that the player bought on to replace him had less of a impact than he had...Coutinho was still extremely poor...

I guess that means Woodburn was a fair bit worse than extremely poor ;)

In fairness, good potential though Woodburn has, think he has a ways to go w.r.t. having the same impact on a game as Cou. Which is why it's a real pity we're out of the comp so early as he (and others) need that playing time.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #562: Sep 21, 2017 02:37:29 pm
      I didn't watch this one,i had to watch paint dry...think i had more fun.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 128 
      Reply #563: Sep 21, 2017 02:52:17 pm
      I don't want him bombing into the box at every opportunity but just once in a while try a run forwards, the very best DM's will occasionally play attack when the opportunity presents itself and yesterday there were several such occasions but on each occasion Jordan decided against it. Perhaps that is because of strict instructions from Klopp but I kind of doubt it.

Don't believe there would be such an instruction otherwise Matip would be ignoring it each time he bombs on when the opportunity presents itself.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 128 
      Reply #564: Sep 21, 2017 02:54:43 pm
      All it really proves is that the player bought on to replace him had less of a impact than he had...Coutinho was still extremely poor... Here is the thing...
      Saturday we will be playing at full strength, and that will take a lot of the focus off Coutinho

Would suggest that full strength would include Mane. So in my estimation we won't be at full strength.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #565: Sep 21, 2017 03:51:30 pm
      Running the show...? He was running the show so much he was subbed at half time...How man times did he try his party trick, you know the one where he picks the ball up wide left and cuts in on his right foot and tries to bend it in to the top corner....?? 7 eight times and each time the defender knew what he was going to do and the block him...? And as I pointed out, not just in this game, but he has been poor since he was re-introduced into the team, I don't just blame Coutinho but he was toted as being part of the solution when he was in fact part of the problem.... With his form If i ran Barca I would offer £18-£20 m tops... At present we look better with him out of the squad than him in the squad

He was subbed at half-time to give him a break as he will be starting on Saturday. He was our best player on the pitch in the first half. FACT!!
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #566: Sep 21, 2017 10:18:34 pm
      He was subbed at half-time to give him a break as he will be starting on Saturday. He was our best player on the pitch in the first half. FACT!!
      People who put Fact at the end of a point IMO never really has one
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #567: Sep 21, 2017 11:15:21 pm
      People who put Fact at the end of a point IMO never really has one

This sentence is riddled with grammatical mistakes. FACT  :mixed-smiley-009:

Quick Reply