Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Simon Mignolet
      7 (6.8%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (1.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      2 (1.9%)
      Emre Can
      2 (1.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      17 (16.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      57 (55.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      10 (9.7%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      6 (5.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: Sep 27, 2017 07:32:08 pm

Leicester City 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32990 times
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Re: Leicester City 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Sep 23, 2017 07:56:03 pm
      Migs had a rollercoaster game indeed. Great saves and mistakes. Still I think in a game like this Karius would have looked even worse. Migs MOTM for me because of his pen save and another key save.  Klopp has to do something, his idea - a strong offense makes automatically a decent defense - is not working. He either needs to make our offense more deadlier or he has to shift gears back there. I just hope he doesn't try to sit this out and hopes it solves itself (which I am afraid he does).
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #484: Sep 23, 2017 07:58:42 pm
      Vardy is a cheating c*** and that ref was defo taking a bung today

And I cant stand that fatboy shakespeare

Up the reds
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #485: Sep 23, 2017 07:59:39 pm
      Phew!No place for weak hearted among the Reds fans. Just keep accumulating wins like this and we don't care whether 2 are let in or 4. Though tThis GK roulette is really annoying, the best one should play and it's definitely not Simon. How many chances will he get?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #486: Sep 23, 2017 08:00:22 pm
      Migs had a rollercoaster game indeed. Great saves and mistakes. Still I think in a game like this Karius would have looked even worse. Migs MOTM for me because of his pen save and another key save.  Klopp has to do something, his idea - a strong offense makes automatically a decent defense - is not working. He either needs to make our offense more deadlier or he has to shift gears back there. I just hope he doesn't try to sit this out and hopes it solves itself.

If you're giving Mignolet MOTM then you need your head checked.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #487: Sep 23, 2017 08:01:42 pm
      Salah is going to be a big a buy Suarez/Coutinho were. Him and Mane together are going to rip the prem a new one.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #488: Sep 23, 2017 08:02:16 pm
      Migs had a rollercoaster game indeed. Great saves and mistakes. Still I think in a game like this Karius would have looked even worse. Migs MOTM for me because of his pen save and another key save.  Klopp has to do something, his idea - a strong offense makes automatically a decent defense - is not working. He either needs to make our offense more deadlier or he has to shift gears back there. I just hope he doesn't try to sit this out and hopes it solves itself (which I am afraid he does).

Are you on drugs??   :f_doh: :f_doh:
      He almost conceded a silly goal by passing the ball straight to Okazaki. He got easily bullied for the first goal. And finally, he conceded the penalty in the first place just because he was too scared to go down with his hands. Shocking performance but not something we haven't seen before.
      « Last Edit: Sep 23, 2017 08:06:37 pm by green_bear »
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #489: Sep 23, 2017 08:05:30 pm

1. If Migs had kicked the ball out properly there wouldn't have been a pen in the first place (ignoring the c**t ref).

2. If 3 goals aren't deadly enough, I have no words left for the defense. BTW it will be interesting to look at their chances and attempts on the goal.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #490: Sep 23, 2017 08:10:42 pm
      Mightily pleased to see that corrupt, twisted inbred c**t miss that penalty. He is the biggest c**t in Britain with absolutely no redeeming qualities as a human being - quite an achievement so I'll give him that.

Drawing 3-3 with that c**t scoring two would gave been mortifying enough without  having to deal with Mignolet and other wrecking balls this squad has.

Spot on that mate.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8623 
      Reply #491: Sep 23, 2017 08:10:54 pm
      Well the Kamikaze Reds saw it through and got the three points, but F**k me I gonna need a heart transplant by the time this season is over!
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #492: Sep 23, 2017 08:11:29 pm
      Are you on drugs??   :f_doh: :f_doh:
      He almost conceded a silly goal by passing the ball straight to Okazaki. He got easily bullied for the first goal. And finally, he conceded the penalty in the first place just because he was too scared to go down with his hands. Shocking performance but not something we haven't seen before.

At the end he saved the penalty, the rest is all coulda, shoulda, woulda. If his defense does play proper ball he won't be in the awkward situations he was.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,217 posts | 4413 
      Reply #493: Sep 23, 2017 08:14:17 pm

What you smoking?

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #494: Sep 23, 2017 08:22:53 pm
      Ref really tried to screw us with 5 minutes of injury time, with no stoppages in the second half! 💩💩💩

Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #495: Sep 23, 2017 08:34:31 pm

What must Ward be thinking if he keeps getting the nod.

Jimsouse67

• 9,538 posts | 1489 
      Reply #496: Sep 23, 2017 08:37:52 pm
      At the end he saved the penalty, the rest is all coulda, shoulda, woulda. If his defense does play proper ball he won't be in the awkward situations he was.
      While your defence ( no pun intended ) of migs is commendable mate he isn't a great keeper by any stretch of the imagination,he makes mistakes more often than not,as has been proven game in game out,the cons far outweigh the pros
      He may be the TC / FSG standard & obviously the gaffer sees something in him but personally speaking he Is a sub standard keeper & i would go as far as saying that a great  many of his performances between the sticks for us would suggest to me that he's been smoking the same gear as yourself.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #497: Sep 23, 2017 08:38:40 pm
      Deserved 3 points, thought we done well to get through that with the crap refereeing.
      Similar to Tuesdays game. All good for the first 45, then the usual brain fart, then the negative subs.
      Apart from Studge, the side was weskened. Lucky to holdout. I know mid week in Moscow was on Klopps mind, but come on, get the game won first. Was still in the balance and we could easily have conceded following the subs.
      Couts motm for me, back to his best.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #498: Sep 23, 2017 08:40:18 pm

Whatever it is it should be compulsory for all reds this season
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #499: Sep 23, 2017 08:53:35 pm
      When you're in a slump you need to just get it done and we did that today. Not saying we didn't deserve it, because we most clearly did but Leicester did everything nasty, horrible and downright cheating in my book as they could get away with and Anthony Taylor just gave them more and more encouragement. To get the 3 points while contending with that level of officiating bias was meaningful and momentum grabbing in my opinion.

Ratings:

Migs: Has to be dropped. At fault for their first, don't care that Okazaki is hanging off him, if a keeper comes they have to clean house and flapping like that is just all too familiar. Also can't be forgiven for saving a shot by parrying it just 5 yards out and in front of goal, it wasn't as if it was fingertip stuff. Really poor, shocking when they had that offside, thankfully for him he was bailed out there and then the pen he gave away was diabolical cowardice. Thankfully he saved the poor pen from that horrible f**ker Vardy straight after but that only redeems the challenge not the rest that came before. 4

Moreno: Excellent, thought he played really well and was a clear contender for MotM. 7.5

Lovren: Shaky, poor offside lines and generally looked nervous. 6.5

Matip: Easily our best CB and it was never a yellow or free-kick that led to their first goal. Didn't get done by Vardy for the pen, it was simply a good pass, his keeper let him down is what happened. If you can't rely on your keeper to marshal the penalty area when they're on the half-way line then f**k knows what you can rely on him for. 7.5

Gomez: Thought he was a little too weak and got beaten too easily on this side on a few occasions. 6

Henderson: I thought he was excellent and deserved his goal, wont lie in thinking he'd fu**ed the chance up when he stepped back inside after having a clear sight on his left peg. Got the job done though and in the end no matter how it goes in, if it ends up in the back of the net you really can do no more. Was always in the ear of the ref and was clearly fighting a losing battle all day on that because the ref was absolutely useless. Thought he should have put a weakener on Vardy though, the little pr**k was risking our lads health with some of those cuntish challenges and you need your captain to just show him who is boss there. Other than that I thought he was good again 8

Gini: Went missing in the first half, poor finishing attempts too and I dunno if he's sponsored by military grade camouflage for our away games but his disappearing act is consistent and it's mind boggling. 5

Can: Didn't think he helped us out that much to be honest, would like to see someone else given his shirt right now as I find him very frustrating and very selfish indeed. Think it should be him that's dropped when Mane returns. 5

Salah: He's awesome, best of our attackers and I just love how he destroys defenders so effortlessly. Should have picked out men once he'd created the chance because in the first half we had a couple of occasions where Bobby was free and in the second we had Sturridge alone at the back stick but still that was a top performance by the lad and his header alone was a thing of absolute beauty. 8.5 MotM

Bobby: Can feel another "we need a striker" post coming from the usual suspects, but this was a poor game by Bobby's top standards. He was decent in the first half winning the ball back time and time again, making the space with great runs but has to do more with the ball when he gets it than he did today. I thought he looked jaded and must admit I'm wondering if he's carrying a knock because he just wasn't as dynamic as usual when he had possession. As if he was on his heels and lacked that initial acceleration or initial burst he always has, hence he was giving defenders more of a look at the ball and not actually getting beyond them as usual. Cut a frustrated figure a couple of times and that frustration was clearly bubbling, having said that he probably still won the ball back more times than Gini and Can combined and created a few decent chances. 6.5

Coutinho: (Almost left him out) Top assist and world class free-kick. Good to see him get back to form and this is what we need from now on. It wasn't simply "Coutinho shoots" and I enjoyed watching the interplay with him and Moreno. Should now be up to speed so we can expect full matches from him from now on. Contender for MotM but didn't play the full game so just an 8

Sturridge: Excellent impact, a couple of great passes early on and a nice shot which just flew over, thought he'd score that one to be fair. Looking sharper again in terms of his touch and passing and made the right choice squaring for Hendo with a nice pass and picked up his assist. 7

Milner: Never really had a chance to make an impact.

AOC: Did more in the few minutes he was given than he did a few days ago, set up a nice chance which was wasted.

Klopp: Will mean plenty to him these 3 points, stops the flow of negativity and he can talk about all the bullshit decisions from the ref without it sounding like an excuse as it would have done if we'd drawn or lost that. There's no arguing we got much worse than just the poor rub of the green, it was a disgraceful performance by Anthony Taylor and Klopp should lodge a personal complaint or something against him because on the back of that the c**t should never be allowed to officiate our games again.

Did well to keep his cool, I'd have lost it after a few of those calls and overall I thought he did well. Will feel good and you could see the sheer joy as he was walking off with a swagger down the tunnel, don't underestimate how much that result meant when the media and the narrative is clearly willing you to trip up again. 8

GET THE F**k IN THERE BOYS!!

I thought Matip was excellent. Always first to the header, made his clearances - yeah he gave away the free kick (or rather Vardy was looking for it) but that was an indirect moment to their goal. Some said he was thinking 'sh*t it's Vardy!' when he gave it away but it's probably more accurate that he was thinking 'sh*t it's Mignolet!'  ;) Anyone saying that he is as culpable or as bad a defender as Lovren or Klavan are trying too hard to rope Klopp into their firing line - quite frankly it's so pathetic that it equates to being an apologist for the real culprits...which critics of Matip usually are. He may not be the cure to our issues at the back but he's certainly not part of the disease. See Mignolet for that.

Agree with you on Moreno as well. It was very good tonight bar one sloppy clearance in the first half. Sarcastically joked at the start with Donavan Ried regarding him v Moreno but he was really good throughout.

Loved what I saw from Henderson tonight in that second half especially given that I've been critical of him recently. He was clearly driven, possessed even in his work rate and his direct runs through the middle when he was off the ball - stood up for what he saw was injustice on the field and clearly was going to do something about it and indeed he did. Get those angry juices flowing more Jordan!
      « Last Edit: Sep 23, 2017 09:03:37 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      DanRed44
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts | 18 
      Reply #500: Sep 23, 2017 08:54:01 pm
      Great win today, certainly wasn't pretty at times, but will take 3 pts any way we can get them at the no, never felt comfortable until the final whistle was blown, why on earth did we allow them time to sling long balls into our box, I was screaming at the TV, but thought we were a threat going forward and were the superior team, negatives were Mignolet, horrendous as always, bar the penno save, Gomez, absolutely terrible, so weak defensively, got beat 1 on 1 every bloody time, and was awful on the ball, god we miss Clyne, and Gini was his usual self, slowed us down, and offered us absolutely nothing.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #501: Sep 23, 2017 08:54:02 pm
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,673 posts | 6967 
      Reply #502: Sep 23, 2017 08:55:41 pm
      Ref really tried to screw us with 5 minutes of injury time, with no stoppages in the second half! 💩💩💩

To be fair, there was 6 subs.  30 seconds each.  A fair number of yellow cards and the penalty.  Think 5 minutes was fair enough.  It was the nearly 4 minutes he played in the first half that was a piss take.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #503: Sep 23, 2017 09:06:24 pm
      I thought Matip was excellent. Always first to the header, made his clearances - yeah he gave away the free kick (or rather Vardy was looking for it) but that was an indirect moment to their goal. Some said he was thinking 'sh*t it's Vardy!' when he gave it away but it's probably more accurate that he was thinking 'sh*t it's Mignolet!' Anyone saying that he is as culpable or as bad a defender as Lovren or Klavan are trying too hard to rope Klopp into their firing line

Sorry to just stop the quote there mate but I'd plus that part many more times if I could, absolutely bang on and it's screaming out of some people's posts and it's sad. Exactly why this result means so much more because they're just waiting for the man to fail and today was a big f**k you sign to those same people. Well said!
      « Last Edit: Sep 23, 2017 09:45:33 pm by KopiteLuke »
      Harrisimo

• 8,363 posts | 1414 
      Reply #504: Sep 23, 2017 09:08:36 pm
      Mig is what he is...a shot stopper. He make great acrobatic saves almost week in week out..but you have to accept he doesn't dominate the 6 yard box and his decision making is often poor.

Today was typical Mig..
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #505: Sep 23, 2017 09:11:17 pm
      To be fair, there was 6 subs.  30 seconds each.  A fair number of yellow cards and the penalty.  Think 5 minutes was fair enough.  It was the nearly 4 minutes he played in the first half that was a piss take.

Inless the rules have changed, subs are part of the 90 mins, not additional, unless of course the ref sees them as deliberate time wasting. So why the F**k would time be added ?

Quick Reply