Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Simon Mignolet
      7 (6.8%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (1.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      2 (1.9%)
      Emre Can
      2 (1.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      17 (16.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      57 (55.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      10 (9.7%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      6 (5.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: Sep 27, 2017 07:32:08 pm

Leicester City 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31794 times
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Re: Leicester City 2-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: Sep 24, 2017 08:48:29 pm
      He gets abuse because he should be able to come and retrieve it.

I don't get your point at all. Should he be criticised for not coming to deal with balls in a dangerous area. Yes. Should be criticised for coming and not dealing with them. Yes. In both scenarios he does wrong.

So you are saying 'he gets abuse not matter what bad decision he makes'... Well... No sh*t.

My point is, in every game of football you watch every player on that pitch will make a mistake in the 90 mins. Just feel Migs gets a raw deal at times. I think he is a solid keeper and I will continue to support him and he was not at fault for most things against Leicester. I get that you might not agree with me dude but don't get like that...
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #645: Sep 24, 2017 09:26:46 pm
      My point is, in every game of football you watch every player on that pitch will make a mistake in the 90 mins. Just feel Migs gets a raw deal at times. I think he is a solid keeper and I will continue to support him and he was not at fault for most things against Leicester. I get that you might not agree with me dude but don't get like that...

If a goalkeeper makes a mistake it's far worse. It's the hardest position on the pitch for sure. That still doesn't mean he should be getting off lightly for making them.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #646: Sep 24, 2017 09:52:24 pm
      Didn't see the game, only the highlights on MOTD. Obviously Migs was at fault for both their goals and the penalty ( although thank f**k he did then save that one).

Jürgen now has a big call to make. I think he made a mistake dropping Migs against Arsenal - it was always likely to undermine his confidence. Didn't really see the point in that. If he drops him again now it may well mean the end of Migs for us. I know many will be saying "thank f**k!", but the fact is we don't have a proven alternative, which is why Migs has stayed no1 despite Jürgen clearly having misgivings about him.

On the other hand, Ward looks pretty good to me and, with Migs struggling, I'd be tempted to put him in. It's a big gamble though. If he puts him in and he delivers it could give us a serious boost. If he turns out not to be up to it, then we would be in serious trouble, cos, like I say, Migs confidence may be totally shot by that point ( and, personally, I think Karius is a long shot). There'll be a lot of pressure on Ward too under those circumstances.

Big call for him.

I think I'd gamble on Ward.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #647: Sep 24, 2017 11:31:57 pm
      Didn't see the game, only the highlights on MOTD. Obviously Migs was at fault for both their goals and the penalty ( although thank f**k he did then save that one).

i think its harsh to say he was at fault for the 2nd goal. He saved a very hard shot.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #648: Sep 25, 2017 09:40:00 am
      relief to get the three points. major concerns about our defence and defending.

we seem to give away needless fouls and free kicks and getting through our midfield is far to easy.

Firmino has been off the pace as an attacking force in recent games, courts getting sharper, Salah settling in nicely, Mings not commanding enough and at fault for the first goal and 2nd in my opinion and at fault for the pen (although he saved the poor pen)

the defence individually and as a unit is shocking, they receive the ball square on and have to take 2 touches to play it forward, they dwell on the ball and invite pressure (which they cant deal with well).

Can, Gini and Hendo - as a unit they are not good enough, teams get through them far too easy and they are all pretty non descriptive for far too long in matches
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #649: Sep 25, 2017 12:47:07 pm
      i think its harsh to say he was at fault for the 2nd goal. He saved a very hard shot.

Think he should have been tipping that one over the bar.

Quick Reply