Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

FIFA 18

Read 6230 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      FIFA 18
      Sep 30, 2017 05:13:05 am

Guess it says a lot about current day social media, years ago this thread would have started months before the release :D

Anyone on this yet? I was down at the store getting a copy an hour after it was released, played a bit with Liverpool yesterday in career mode. Some nice updates to transfer negotiations, as in there's an actual video bit where you go back and forth with the opposing manager to try and come to agreement. I had the Southampton manager storm out after I tried to lowball on VvD and I couldn't go back and negotiate for a little while - art imitating life? :lmao: Also weird shaking hands with Mourinho after buying a 16 year old starlet from United, but looking like a good deal with the little bit of time I've put into him!

The pace is amazing to play with, Salah is an absolute beast which is great, Mane and Coutinho better than ever. A good fun LFC team to play with, which has been hard to get in some editions over the past decade. If you're doing career mode, highly recommend going and getting Donnaruma from Milan straight away and binning Migs :D Dude is 18 and already better, and his projection is likely to get close to 90 I'd think.

Anyway, just thought I'd put this out there for anyone who's playing and feels like having a say.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: FIFA 18
      Reply #1: Sep 30, 2017 12:05:16 pm
      I have it.

Really enjoying it so far. Might get stuck into The Journey soon to see what it's like. Thought the last one was a mediocre at best but heard this version is much better.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #2: Sep 30, 2017 03:15:52 pm
      Can honestly say this is the most I've enjoyed FIFA in years.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #3: Oct 01, 2017 09:47:27 am
      Apart from ordering it for download on the PS4 and the severs going down on Friday I'm generally happy with it so far. Don't like a lot of the colour on the pitches/stadiums though. Don't look natural enough and I'm finding the change man a little tricky when defending so far.

trefmactavish is my username on PS4 if anybody wants to add me
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4: Oct 01, 2017 05:29:39 pm
      Don't like a lot of the colour on the pitches

Seem like a ridiculously bright green.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #5: Oct 01, 2017 10:08:05 pm
      Seem like a ridiculously bright green.

You guys do realize that could be the color settings on your TVs?

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6: Oct 01, 2017 10:14:32 pm

:couch:

Surely not, I played Fifa 17 like a couple days before and didn't have that problem.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #7: Oct 02, 2017 01:59:08 am
      It’s not, it’s a known thing, some pitches look black and white, some look over saturated, it’s a lot to do with the bloom effect of engine.

I’ve played quite a bit of it now, almost finished The Journey, played some career and a few games online...

My impressions.... it’s good, but it has, for the first time, got absolutely nothing on this years Pro Evo. Pro Evo is easily the better game, once patched with all the real kits (5 min job).

Apart from some cutscenes in transfers, which get boring after the second one, Ronaldos ‘ohhhh’ voice during celebrations and a few more tweaks, there’s not much there, still a very unrealistic and arcadey experience... the graphics for me apart from a few player faces have took a downgrade because of the silly bloom effect on the frostbite engine cranked way up. As someone said above is nice that Mane is finally a beast, and with still the best commentary from the two football games... that is probably the only thing better in Fifa this year... also it is just way too easy! On the highest difficulty 5-0 scorelines every game should not be happening!

I’d totally recommend the new Pro Evo though if you are a PC or Playstation user, download and install the Kit and League files, easy job but unfortunately not available on Xbox.
      It’s a much more polished game this year, it feels amazing, realistic and a proper challenge! No two goals are the same! Even two settings away from the top one I struggle to beat the ‘lower’ teams by two goals or more...

I’d give FIFA an 8/10 this year, more of the same, with little uneeded upgrades, but still the much superior commentary.

Pes I’d give a solid 9/10, back to its best, haven’t liked one like this since it was king in the PS2 day’s! Apart from the always atrocious commentary and lack of licences (easy fix) it’s just a much better football experience.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #8: Oct 03, 2017 01:02:06 pm
      Insigne on this is a F***ing little beast.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #9: Nov 09, 2017 04:22:20 am
      Problem I have had, since the very first fifa in 1994 (I have bought and owned every one since) is that I always prefer the older version and have to make myself get used to the newer one for a good 4 months before I eventually really rate the new one.
      The main issue I always have is the focus upon individual skill above team performance.
      I am a “pass and move” lover...my tactics and style of play are all about quickness of passing and catching an opponent unaware BUT over the last 10 years, fifa has fallen into the trap of modern “game players” as opposed to “football player” and there is far too much focus and advantage to silly flicks and tricks as opposed to what the game really is.
      Saying that, I will once again play fifa 18,19 and beyond for many years to come
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #10: Nov 10, 2017 01:27:14 pm
      Problem I have had, since the very first fifa in 1994 (I have bought and owned every one since) is that I always prefer the older version and have to make myself get used to the newer one for a good 4 months before I eventually really rate the new one.
      The main issue I always have is the focus upon individual skill above team performance.
      I am a “pass and move” lover...my tactics and style of play are all about quickness of passing and catching an opponent unaware BUT over the last 10 years, fifa has fallen into the trap of modern “game players” as opposed to “football player” and there is far too much focus and advantage to silly flicks and tricks as opposed to what the game really is.
      Saying that, I will once again play fifa 18,19 and beyond for many years to come
      Yeah if individual players is what you’re after Fifa is your game, especially with FUT... but PES, especially the last two years, is a cut obove for gameplay.

Also the scripting in this years FIFA is the worst it’s ever been, you can feel when the game has shifted the balance and it makes for a frustrating game once it kicks in.

Quick Reply