Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Amanda Staveley LFC buyout

Read 11196 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: Amanda Staveley LFC buyout
      Reply #23: Oct 04, 2017 01:47:35 pm
      Pulled out once the deal was leaked..

If you listen to the
      Podcast the guy claims
      It was Werner who
      Leaked the info.

FSG’s very own Peter Lorre.

He’s a creepy c**t.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #24: Oct 04, 2017 03:53:18 pm
      EDIT: Q...Who would you do first ?.....

Linda or Amanda ?
      Which ever one won the fight. 😉
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #25: Oct 04, 2017 05:49:54 pm

Yeah love a cat fight...then do them both after.....Spit roast anyone ? 😉

YNWA
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #26: Oct 04, 2017 06:10:17 pm
      Yeah love a cat fight...then do them both after.....Spit roast anyone ? 😉

YNWA

Food then a threesome !
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #27: Oct 04, 2017 06:11:28 pm
      Pulled out once the deal was leaked..

If you listen to the
      Podcast the guy claims
      It was Werner who
      Leaked the info.

Another fantasist, am i the only one who is sick of this sh*t, seems unusually common on international breaks, just builds people's hopes up for no reason
      « Last Edit: Oct 04, 2017 06:17:52 pm by FATKOPITE10 »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #28: Oct 07, 2017 10:57:23 pm
      Liverpool owners slap £1BILLION price tag on club as leading financier begins takeover talks
      Liverpool’s American owners have slapped a stunning £1billion price tag on the club after preliminary buy-out talks.

Sunday Mirror Sport can reveal that leading financier Amanda Staveley, who has strong links to billionaires in the Middle East, made initial soundings about the club’s availability on Sunday.

Staveley, who runs PCP Capital Partners, a fund with global assets of more than £28billion.

She was at the 1-1 draw between Newcastle and Liverpool on a fact-finding mission - and has made previous attempts to acquire the Mersey giants.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-takeover-amanda-staveley-price-11303882

Don't believe it at this stage, but I wont lie in hoping it could be true.
      « Last Edit: Oct 07, 2017 11:58:41 pm by JD, Reason: Added some context to the link »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #29: Oct 07, 2017 11:03:21 pm

Pretty sure it's a takeover of Newcastle she's meant to be brokering. If it was us then why turn up at an away game? A game involving a team she's been linked to for months. She'd be at the United game next week if it was us.

Then again who the F**k knows anymore :D
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #30: Oct 07, 2017 11:04:43 pm

Be careful what you wish for. New ownership could result in less money being spent, even if they're richer than our current owners. They're going to want a return on their investment and not all owners see spending more money on the squad after spending it on the club, as a return on their investment. The last thing we want is owners who are genuinely out to milk the club rather than invest in it.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #31: Oct 07, 2017 11:04:58 pm
      Pretty sure it's a takeover of Newcastle she's meant to be brokering. If it was us then why turn up at an away game? A game involving a team she's been linked to for months. She'd be at the United game next week if it was us.

I thought the same, although a good way to throw off the scent would be go to an away game I suppose. However, the sensible part of me thinks it is for Newcastle rather than the hopeful part which thinks they were being clever to throw off the scent.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #32: Oct 07, 2017 11:13:28 pm
      I thought the same, although a good way to throw off the scent would be go to an away game I suppose. However, the sensible part of me thinks it is for Newcastle rather than the hopeful part which thinks they were being clever to throw off the scent.

Yeah that's a fair shout if she's trying to be discreet.

I didn't know she'd tried brokering takeover/investment deals in the past regarding Liverpool. Seems to be that the Mirror have found out about her history with takeover bids for the club and put 2 & 2 together and got 26.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #33: Oct 08, 2017 12:03:52 am
      £1 billion is a snip for the most prestigious club in the country.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #34: Oct 08, 2017 12:26:36 am
      Newcastle is at least 4/5 times cheaper than LFC. With LFC, they would be £1.5bn down just in buying it whle with Newcastle, they can get a proper team for less than £1billion. and make them a force agai (they already have a great manager).

I know what I would buy.

I think this is non story.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #35: Oct 08, 2017 01:56:06 am
      Have Liverpool fc reached their maximum value? If the answer of yes FSG will sell, if not then there's no chance of a sale.

As far as The fans are concerned though......

FSG can F**k off!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #36: Oct 08, 2017 07:19:07 am
      Think this has legs,
      why would a business woman of her standing want to invest in a club with a limited fan base, lets be honest here Newcastle utd  is hardly the global brand  and certainly doesn't hold up to being very successful in its entire history......

Whereas Lfc on the other hand is quite the global brand and has a history of success other clubs can only dream of, not only that its value is far more likely to increase  with the potential of being one of the best club sides on the fooking planet.....with the right investments its possible LFC could make the likes of  PSG look like  F***ing  paupers.

Perhaps a tad exaggerating but you get my drift, One BILLION Smackeroonies ?  sh*t thats a proper shed load and to be honest who's eyebrows wouldn't be raised at the Boston tea party....£700m profit isnt a bad return after 8 yrs is it ?

I reckon Linda's eye's will be fluttering as we type, and there will be definitely some twitching going on in J W's trouser department  !

So F**k it I'm a new member of the Amanda Steveley supporters club  !

YNWA

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37: Oct 08, 2017 10:13:08 am
      Newcastle is at least 4/5 times cheaper than LFC. With LFC, they would be £1.5bn down just in buying it whle with Newcastle, they can get a proper team for less than £1billion. and make them a force agai (they already have a great manager).

I know what I would buy.

I think this is non story.

LFC has the potential to be every bit as big as ManUtd in a commercial and revenue sense as it already has a massive fanbase around the world so its by far the better investment, even at £1bn. Newcastle has a very limited fan base and would take a hell of a lot more work before you turned a good profit but for the budget investor it might make sense.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #38: Oct 08, 2017 02:15:47 pm
      Don't think there is much in this story, classic international break stuff
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #39: Oct 08, 2017 02:30:27 pm
      Have Liverpool fc reached their maximum value? If the answer of yes FSG will sell, if not then there's no chance of a sale.

FSG can f**k off!

dead right mate.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #40: Oct 08, 2017 06:52:29 pm
      Wish was true fsg we never win anything with them OK done few good things to be fair but always sell best players in end spent money on cheaper players we need better owners lf we ever going win league or up their more often
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #41: Oct 08, 2017 07:04:25 pm
      Don't think FSG would have any problem offloading for the right price.
      Someone would have to stump up the cash though.
      Not sure how much credibility to give this, but it's deffo getting publicity.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #42: Oct 08, 2017 07:56:43 pm
      Think this has legs,
      why would a business woman of her standing want to invest in a club with a limited fan base, lets be honest here Newcastle utd  is hardly the global brand

Neither was Man City though. In fact possible that Newcastle now are better supported than Man City were back in pre-Sheikh times.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #43: Oct 08, 2017 08:27:17 pm

FSG can f**k off!

If Liverpool have reached their max value the question isn’t why not sell, it would be why buy?
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #44: Oct 08, 2017 08:32:54 pm
      FSG has never been the problem.

Would be nice to see a change of owner. Give some ungrateful fans a new name to moan about, hate, and curse.  ;)
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #45: Oct 08, 2017 08:35:00 pm
      I know f*** all about global business, but given the emerging markets and how much they love their football a billion quid will probably look cheap in about ten years time. If I had a billion quid I'd buy it in a heartbeat, which probably explains why I'll never have a million quid never mind a billion  :laugh:.

Quick Reply