Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Amanda Staveley LFC buyout

Read 11265 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Amanda Staveley LFC buyout
      Reply #46: Oct 08, 2017 08:41:45 pm
      If Liverpool have reached their max value the question isnā€™t why not sell, it would be why buy?

Probably the most sensible reply in this thread.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #47: Oct 08, 2017 08:55:26 pm
      If Liverpool have reached their max value the question isnā€™t why not sell, it would be why buy?

Good point, but Reaching its max value under FSG to me means, it's not going to go up further without substantial investment in the team, something FSG
      wont be doing.
      Chelsea and City have overtaken us in income and revenue due to signing top well-known players thus drawing in more glory hunting plastic fans Ā£Ā£Ā£.

The next owners may have to invest in the same way in order to "grow the franchise".
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #48: Oct 08, 2017 08:59:17 pm
      FSG has never been the problem.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 I think you left out the tongue in cheek emoji!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6355 
      Reply #49: Oct 08, 2017 10:52:15 pm
      Good point, but Reaching its max value under FSG to me means, it's not going to go up further without substantial investment in the team, something FSG
      wont be doing.
      Chelsea and City have overtaken us in income and revenue due to signing top well-known players thus drawing in more glory hunting plastic fans Ā£Ā£Ā£.

The next owners may have to invest in the same way in order to "grow the franchise".

But other than expanding the stadium further (not really possible right?) there isnā€™t really another avenue for raising more revenue without either raising ticket prices or selling more shirts (or sponsorships) and we are already a global presence. I just donā€™t see us as an attractive growth proposition as much as a mantle piece.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #50: Oct 09, 2017 01:32:30 am
      https://twitter.com/Corballyred/status/916962979580653568

Now if this is true, this does change things considerably in my opinion.

https://twitter.com/AnthonyIAnson/status/915875441386369024

If anyone could shed light, or insight on who she was the guest of that would turn things one way or the other. Still think she was there for Newcastle. Buy a club on the cheap and make it a big name is a simple way to cash in right now in my opinion.

Sure Ashley isn't going to sell at rock bottom but the inflation rate of this league is ridiculous and as an investment of huge sums and relatively low risk then the Premier League looks incredible. Add in the fact that the pound is at an all time low, then to me things just look prime for mega money to be made. Not that I want that for any owner.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #51: Oct 09, 2017 02:54:37 am
      https://twitter.com/Corballyred/status/916962979580653568

Now if this is true, this does change things considerably in my opinion.

https://twitter.com/AnthonyIAnson/status/915875441386369024

If anyone could shed light, or insight on who she was the guest of that would turn things one way or the other. Still think she was there for Newcastle. Buy a club on the cheap and make it a big name is a simple way to cash in right now in my opinion.

Sure Ashley isn't going to sell at rock bottom but the inflation rate of this league is ridiculous and as an investment of huge sums and relatively low risk then the Premier League looks incredible. Add in the fact that the pound is at an all time low, then to me things just look prime for mega money to be made. Not that I want that for any owner.

Corbs could be on to something there. We will just have to wait and see. It was her who almost brokered the deal with DIC and that's why I can't and won't dismiss this until she either makes a bid for Newcastle or us.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #52: Oct 09, 2017 07:56:39 am
      Corbs could be on to something there. We will just have to wait and see. It was her who almost brokered the deal with DIC and that's why I can't and won't dismiss this until she either makes a bid for Newcastle or us.

Corbally was full of sh*t when he was on here and heā€™s still full of sh*t. Worlds gone barking mad if heā€™s being used as a source

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #53: Oct 09, 2017 08:59:06 am

Would be nice to see a change of owner. Give some ungrateful fans a new name to moan about, hate, and curse.  ;)

Yes it wasn't FSG's fault we signed Borini, Allen, Balotelli etc. they wanted Neymar, Isco, Griezmann etc.  :roll:
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #54: Oct 09, 2017 09:34:00 am
      Corbally was full of sh*t when he was on here and heā€™s still full of sh*t. Worlds gone barking mad if heā€™s being used as a source

:lmao:
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #55: Oct 09, 2017 01:36:13 pm
      FSG have valued LFC at 1billion pounds ready for offer to come from middle east
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #56: Oct 09, 2017 04:05:49 pm
      wont be doing.

Bingo, give that man a prize, that's how big business works, its all about risk/reward and how much you are prepared to invest. That why you get Facebook, Microsoft, Google paying what seems like crazy money for smaller startups, but to them its cheap as it adds to their product portfolios and eliminates competition etc, plus they CAN invest more money to take the business to the next level, similar to how huge investment could propel us to the same level as Manure.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #57: Oct 09, 2017 04:23:10 pm

Would be nice to see a change of owner. Give some ungrateful fans a new name to moan about, hate, and curse.  ;)

Says the Victor Moses fan club president!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #58: Oct 09, 2017 04:27:31 pm

Seen him on Twitter and yeah he's still full of sh*t and talking out of his arse as ever!!

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #59: Oct 09, 2017 04:51:20 pm

Annoying and full of and gloom, yes, full of sh*t I'm not too sure.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #60: Oct 09, 2017 05:04:01 pm

That's how I remember him. Definitely a glass half empty bloke.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #61: Oct 09, 2017 06:16:44 pm

Still follow him on twatter, a ray of sunshine as ever
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #62: Oct 09, 2017 06:25:02 pm

He was a ā€œone-offā€ thatā€™s for sure.......I utterly lost my sh*t with him once for sheer negativity.

Told him this place was like an orchestra playing a symphony - trouble was he only turned up to play the low notes then fu**ed off home after dragging everything down.

Not my most mature moment.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6355 
      Reply #63: Oct 09, 2017 06:38:04 pm
      That's how I remember him. Definitely a glass half empty bloke.

You mean a glass completely empty and no bartender there to fill it type of bloke?
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #64: Oct 09, 2017 07:29:12 pm
      You mean a glass completely empty and no bartender there to fill it type of bloke?

Yes. A real doom and gloom merchant.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #65: Oct 09, 2017 10:45:49 pm
      Newcastle is at least 4/5 times cheaper than LFC. With LFC, they would be Ā£1.5bn down just in buying it whle with Newcastle, they can get a proper team for less than Ā£1billion. and make them a force agai (they already have a great manager).

I know what I would buy.

I think this is non story.

It isn't all about money though with these gulf state investors.

It's about power and status and there is probably more to be said in anyone owning Liverpool than Newcastle.

Money is literally no issue for these people. They have a never ending supply of it. In the end they want status and recognition for political and cultural power and that is what draws these people to the game.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #66: Oct 09, 2017 11:20:55 pm
      It isn't all about money though with these gulf state investors.

It's about power and status and there is probably more to be said in anyone owning Liverpool than Newcastle.

Money is literally no issue for these people. They have a never ending supply of it. In the end they want status and recognition for political and cultural power and that is what draws these people to the game.

Throughout the Gulf region you have the Princes competing with one another in who can out do the other by building the tallest building not only in the region but the world..

Just imagine if one were to buy Liverpool FC, they would compete amongst themselves for the best players on the planet & as you stated money means fuckall to these lot..

HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #67: Oct 10, 2017 02:10:15 am
      Throughout the Gulf region you have the Princes competing with one another in who can out do the other by building the tallest building not only in the region but the world..

Just imagine if one were to buy Liverpool FC, they would compete amongst themselves for the best players on the planet & as you stated money means fuckall to these lot..

Where were these Princes in the pre-FSG days when the club was on the market for Ā£300m?

We were ripe for an Arab purchase then but it came down to FSG or Phillip Lim.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #68: Oct 10, 2017 06:34:40 am
      Where were these Princes in the pre-FSG days when the club was on the market for Ā£300m?

We were ripe for an Arab purchase then but it came down to FSG or Phillip Lim.

DIC... Remember them & FSG have been open to investment for a slice of the club..

Quick Reply