Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

We need to talk about Henderson...

Read 60310 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: We need to talk about Henderson...
      Reply #529: Dec 14, 2017 07:42:26 pm
      Just a shame he was caught in possession or lost it by trying a Hollywood ball so much.

I thought he was very poor yesterday.

I thought he was very good in the 2nd half, and Klopp moving him to the middle and deeper to dictate improved us vastly.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #530: Dec 14, 2017 07:46:53 pm
      I thought he was very good in the 2nd half, and Klopp moving him to the middle and deeper to dictate improved us vastly.

To a degree I guess we all see what we want to see. I thought he was self indulgent and others copped out and passed the buck to him.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #531: Dec 14, 2017 07:47:08 pm
      Just a shame he was caught in possession or lost it by trying a Hollywood ball so much.

Guess it's how different everybody sees the match...thought he was abysmal myself....trying that same little lob into the box 10x over...how about try something different instead of the same thing over and over....about as creative as a block of wood yesterday.

So much for the captains armband...looked to me like he couldn't be arsed to even be there.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #532: Dec 14, 2017 07:49:15 pm
      Guess it's how different everybody sees the match...thought he was abysmal myself....trying that same little lob into the box 10x over...how about try something different instead of the same thing over and over....about as creative as a block of wood yesterday.

So much for the captains armband...next!

My 14yr old was screaming that at the screen during the game and he’s a massive Cou fan.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #533: Dec 14, 2017 09:37:07 pm

So just to get this straight, in a game where we are playing against a 10 man defence, you would prefer to keep hold of possession rather than see one of our lads try something new, something different, a risky pass perhaps? Just incase he loses the ball?

F**k that.

Coutinho didn't have a great game last night, it was one of those games where nothing came off for him, but atleast he had a F***ing go. He was at least trying to get on the ball and at least trying to make something happen.

Somebody described him as abysmal and thats just not true. He was one of our better performers in a team where nobody played very well.

Wijnaldum and Can played the way you prefer, safe, slow, keep ball. And the two of them were F***ing sh*te.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #534: Dec 14, 2017 10:11:21 pm
      So just to get this straight, in a game where we are playing against a 10 man defence, you would prefer to keep holding of possession rather than see one of our lads try something new, something different, a risky pass perhaps? Just incase he loses the ball?

F**k that.

Coutinho didn't have a great game last night, it was one of those games where nothing came off for him, but atleast he had a f**king go. He was at least trying to get on the ball and at least trying to make something happen.

Somebody described him as abysmal and thats just not true. He was one of our better performers in a team where nobody played very well.

Wijnaldum and Can played the way you prefer, safe, slow, keep ball. And the two of them were f**king sh*te.

Sorry fella - thats not what I said and nowhere near. Not in terms of slow and steady and certainly not in the case of Gini and Can. Gini can influence - not nearly enough though. Can rarely does and plays for himself first, team second.

I totally disagree re Cou last night. He was self indulgent and repetitive. He has those nights and, to me, he’s had more of them this season BUT he’s also gone up a notch from last season in other games.

But hey, we all see what we want to see then process what we actually saw (me as much as anyone).

I’ve coached the game for a long time. It’s about balance.

Yes - I want my players to be expansive and express themselves.

No - I don’t want them to play for a big move to Barca. I think he did last night.

Anyhow - despite a few little  spars re Hendo I thought most of your analysis re last night in the match thread was spot on. 

✌️
      « Last Edit: Dec 14, 2017 10:17:37 pm by Scotia »
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #535: Dec 14, 2017 10:22:59 pm
      Sorry fella - thats not what I said and nowhere near. Not in terms of slow and steady and certainly not in the case of Gini and Can. Gini can influence - not nearly enough though. Can rarely does and plays for himself first, team second.

I totally disagree re Cou last night. He was self indulgent and repetitive. He has those nights and, to me, he’s had more of them this season BUT he’s also gone up a notch from last season in other games.

But hey, we all see what we want to see then process what we actually saw (me as much as anyone).

I’ve coached the game for a long time. It’s about balance.

Yes - I want my players to be expansive and express themselves.

No - I don’t want them to play for a big move to Barca. I think he did last night.

Anyhow - despite a few little  spars re Hendo I thought most of your analysis re last night in the match thread was spot on. 

✌️

Fair enough. It is funny and quite interesting how people see different things.

On another night coutinho might have got an assist or two and we'd all be sat here saying what a magician he is.

I know he lost possession a few times and that is a big hate of mine normally, both when I watch and from when play football myself, but in those bus parking games somebody somewhere has to try something and I felt coutinho was doing his best - just wouldn't come off.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #536: Dec 14, 2017 10:42:56 pm
      Coutinho didn't have a great game last night, it was one of those games where nothing came off for him, but atleast he had a f**king go. He was at least trying to get on the ball and at least trying to make something happen.

Wijnaldum and Can played the way you prefer, safe, slow, keep ball. And the two of them were f**king sh*te.

Might not agree on Hendo, but completely agree on Cou :)
      He plays on the edge, always probing and trying things, and if his accuracy is a bit off he can be/look a bit wasteful.
      In saying that he gets his pass right way more often than not.
      He's takes responsibility and is always positive and looking for the forward pass.
      Gave him my MOTM last night, though it was one of those nights were you could pass on voting at all.
      Harrisimo

• 8,256 posts | 1390 
      Reply #537: Dec 14, 2017 11:21:52 pm
      Thought Can would've played better with Henderson rather than Wijnaldum. Can would do well to sign a new contract here as he won't walk into Barca or Real. He can be spectacular but he's not consistent. Get him to sign then sell him.

Henderson continues to be misjudged.He's not world class or even anywhere near a regular for England but he's just about better than Can, Wijnaldum or Milner. He's not an attacking midfielder, he's somewhere between a playmaker and a holding player.He doesn't quite have the technique to take the eye.

Lallana is a different type of player than Henderson but having Henderson in there you get reliability, half decent passer, high energy, solid play. Generally what he does he does well. Yes obviously he could be improved upon but in most teams you need a Henderson type. United had Carrick for a long time.

Has to be a balance in midfield. Henderson is the counterweight. I've said before Klopp knows what he gets from Henderson and it's his job to get the other 4/5 in the front 6 right. But obviously Henderson is not irreplaceable.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #538: Dec 14, 2017 11:39:58 pm
      Lost the argument right there.....what Captain til he fucks off to Barca?
      I’m not referencing the players longevity at the club, I’m just stating the various qualities of suitable players.
      We carry on with this side without serious reinforcements, we’ll see most of the quality players move on soon, to a club that has ambition to win things by serious investment in quality. Hendo was well suited to Sunderland, and his standard is well below what is required by a club seriously aiming to win trophies !
      « Last Edit: Dec 14, 2017 11:48:15 pm by GERNS »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #539: Dec 15, 2017 02:21:15 am
      He's takes responsibility and is always positive and looking for the forward pass.

Exactly, he initiate attacks, looks to pass between and behind the lines more often than not, and it's something Hendo and Can are poor at.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,013 posts | 523 
      Reply #540: Dec 15, 2017 10:42:20 am
      Might not agree on Hendo, but completely agree on Cou :)
      He plays on the edge, always probing and trying things, and if his accuracy is a bit off he can be/look a bit wasteful.
      In saying that he gets his pass right way more often than not.
      Gave him my MOTM last night, though it was one of those nights were you could pass on voting at all.

Yeah, his touch was a bit off, along with everybody else, but he was trying to make things happen. Too many in the team were happy just to pass the buck.

[Edit - Also, since it's Hendo thread, he gets slated for always passing sideways. Well Gini and Can made him look like Fabregas the other night, they played it so safe.]
      « Last Edit: Dec 15, 2017 10:46:51 am by sore monad »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #541: Dec 15, 2017 06:16:32 pm

... by trying a Hollywood  ...

Now theres a name .

Whatever happened to him and his alter ego the Eggman ?

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #542: Dec 15, 2017 09:17:41 pm
      Now theres a name .

He 'Cracked' mate, now his brain is 'scrambled' and is probably 'poaching' his sh*te on another forum which is eggcellent news for us....no ? 😉😁

YNWA
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #543: Dec 15, 2017 09:34:12 pm

He 'Cracked' mate, now his brain is 'scrambled' and is probably 'poaching' his sh*te on another forum which is eggcellent news for us....no ? 😉😁

YNWA

You must be yoking
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #544: Dec 15, 2017 10:17:54 pm

YNWA

I don't like to eggsaggerate but that's a bit eggstreme lads.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #545: Dec 15, 2017 10:34:33 pm
      Crack on lads.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #546: Dec 16, 2017 12:46:48 am

Exactly, great to have a bit of fun around the Christmas Hollandaise
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #547: Dec 16, 2017 08:29:12 am
      Exactly, great to have a bit of fun around the Christmas Hollandaise

Eggstra marks for that one.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #548: Dec 16, 2017 09:10:28 am
      Now theres a name .

Joined a c**t commune and consummated with Littleface.
      Harrisimo

• 8,256 posts | 1390 
      Reply #549: Dec 16, 2017 12:21:05 pm
      If Hendo is benched again today, then he's definitely a squad player, only picked 1 out of the last 4 games.

I would play him. For me he's the best we have in the position he plays.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #550: Dec 17, 2017 12:44:04 am
      He one worse players see in Liverpool team players like him reason we 7 in league
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #551: Dec 17, 2017 01:19:01 am
      This thread needs binning 19 pages dedicated to crucifying one player is embarrassing.

To lay the blame of our demise on one single player which is what the tone of the thread suggests is madness.

Quick Reply