Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

We need to talk about Henderson...

Read 60314 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,921 posts | 3397 
      Re: We need to talk about Henderson...
      Reply #598: Sep 01, 2018 02:50:29 pm
      So does he get picked for our next game?

Yep i can see him getting picked with either Milner or Gini having a rest - all depends on what happens over the international break
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #599: Sep 01, 2018 02:51:32 pm
      Yep i can see him getting picked with either Milner or Gini having a rest - all depends on what happens over the international break

Have to be Gini in that case given Milner wont be playing internationals.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #600: Sep 01, 2018 02:52:56 pm

Would you rather have Henderson starting than Milner or Wijnaldum based on the game today, if so WHY???
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,921 posts | 3397 
      Reply #601: Sep 01, 2018 02:59:07 pm
      Would you rather have Henderson starting than Milner or Wijnaldum based on the game today, if so WHY???

The season isnā€™t based on one game , judging players isnā€™t based on one game - Far too many reactionary people these days - we win a game 4 out of 4 and some people appear to just want to carry on sticking the knife in because they donā€™t like a player - I have no problems with Henderson playing any game for us because I think he is a great player for us and is highly valued by our manager - Gini looked a bit leggy today and I suspect will get a rest for the next game so Henderson , Milner and Keita will start
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #602: Sep 01, 2018 03:11:26 pm
      Don't think Henderson was as big a problem as some are making him out to be. Gini was far worse today.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #603: Sep 01, 2018 03:18:43 pm
      The season isnā€™t based on one game , judging players isnā€™t based on one game - Far too many reactionary people these days - we win a game 4 out of 4 and some people appear to just want to carry on sticking the knife in because they donā€™t like a player - I have no problems with Henderson playing any game for us because I think he is a great player for us and is highly valued by our manager - Gini looked a bit leggy today and I suspect will get a rest for the next game so Henderson , Milner and Keita will start
      My opinion is based on hundreds of performances where he has only shown Liverpool quality in around a dozen.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,921 posts | 3397 
      Reply #604: Sep 01, 2018 03:21:20 pm
      My opinion is based on hundreds of performances where he has only shown Liverpool quality in around a dozen.

And thatā€™s your opinion - mine is different about we are all entitled to one - right now it appears the manager has an opinion that means Henderson is club captain and will play a lot of games for us

Your bringing up this thread as the game just smacks of vindictiveness - we won the game , Henderson played his part and gave a decent performance ( he isnā€™t ever going to be spectacular) and there were players who played worse out there - I suspect you are waiting to post on threads about them or is it just Henderson
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #605: Sep 01, 2018 03:22:09 pm
      And thatā€™s your opinion - mine is different about we are all entitled to one - right now it appears the manager has an opinion that means Henderson is club captain and will play a lot of games for us

That must be why Henderson got hooked in the game today and why as soon as Keita came on we regained a lot more control.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #606: Sep 01, 2018 04:11:08 pm
      He's still getting back to full fitness, and was nowhere near as bad as the agenda merchants are trying to make out.

The bigger problem was the 2 players in front of him, with confused movement, sloppy passing and dropping too deep.

Wijnaldum got skinned a couple of times when he came deep and Henderson pushed up, and showed that he's not ready to play the role against a team that puts real pressure on him, which isn't a major problem as he's still learning the position.

No doubt we'll see the same sh*t posted by the same people all season long.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but that doesn't mean others have to agree with it or value it.
      Kop_it
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | 13 
      Reply #607: Sep 01, 2018 04:24:13 pm
      His performance today is sub par to where he was at last season. Leicester was pressing high today, and we didn't need sloppy and tight passes at the back. There was hardly and forward passes.

The goal we conceded gave both VVD and Gomez unnecessary pressure leading to the bad backpass to Alisson. Sure they could've booted it out, but a pass to an open player (i.e. Mane) and we wouldn't have that. Mane was open from the Milner pass, hendo had his back too many times to the wrong goal this game.

https://streamja.com/aNO2

Anyways, hope our captain finds his peak form.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,921 posts | 3397 
      Reply #608: Sep 01, 2018 04:25:05 pm
      That must be why Henderson got hooked in the game today and why as soon as Keita came on we regained a lot more control.

Or Henderson is still getting back to full fitness and when he was replaced Keita up higher provided a better outlet than Gini who didnā€™t have a great game but then we won 2-1 and Iā€™m not sure what a witch hunt is trying to achieve
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #609: Sep 01, 2018 05:20:36 pm
      Or Henderson is still getting back to full fitness and when he was replaced Keita up higher provided a better outlet than Gini who didnā€™t have a great game but then we won 2-1 and Iā€™m not sure what a witch hunt is trying to achieve
      So Henderson isn't fully fit, but he started today? On what merit is he not fully fit? World cup was months ago, he's been training, getting minutes and started today. Not fully fit must be code for played sh*te. If that's what you mean I agree.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #610: Sep 01, 2018 05:24:06 pm

If he is not fit, we would have seen a perfect 45 mins then it drops but he was average from 1st second. Wasn't the worst but nothing over 5.5 or 6 from 10.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #611: Sep 01, 2018 05:26:04 pm
      His performance today is sub par to where he was at last season. Leicester was pressing high today, and we didn't need sloppy and tight passes at the back. There was hardly and forward passes.

The goal we conceded gave both VVD and Gomez unnecessary pressure leading to the bad backpass to Alisson. Sure they could've booted it out, but a pass to an open player (i.e. Mane) and we wouldn't have that. Mane was open from the Milner pass, hendo had his back too many times to the wrong goal this game.

https://streamja.com/aNO2

Anyways, hope our captain finds his peak form.

Missed that. There's no excuses for the two backpasses there from Henderson. Two bad decisions that just add more to the stereotype about him doing that nonsense.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,921 posts | 3397 
      Reply #612: Sep 01, 2018 05:27:20 pm
      So Henderson isn't fully fit, but he started today? On what merit is he not fully fit? World cup was months ago, he's been training, getting minutes and started today. Not fully fit must be code for played sh*te. If that's what you mean I agree.

You do know it takes players different times to get up to ā€œfull match fitnessā€ and Henderson and other players are just about getting there - Firmino is still off it a little , even AA at times is a bit leggy. Iā€™m sure you are smart lad and can understand the concept of match fitness. By continuing to blurt out that the World Cup finished months ago I guess you are struggling to understand the fact that some players returned to training a significant amount of time after others - some 4 weeks after the start of pre season .

Your witch hunt is a bit embarrassing- im guessing you are still a prepubescent teenager because surely a grown adult wouldnā€™t act like that
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #613: Sep 01, 2018 05:29:57 pm
      You do know it takes players different times to get up to ā€œfull match fitnessā€ and Henderson and other players are just about getting there - Firmino is still off it a little , even AA at times is a bit leggy. Iā€™m sure you are smart lad and can understand the concept of match fitness. By continuing to blurt out that the World Cup finished months ago I guess you are struggling to understand the fact that some players returned to training a significant amount of time after others - some 4 weeks after the start of pre season .

Your witch hunt is a bit embarrassing- im guessing you are still a prepubescent teenager because surely a grown adult wouldnā€™t act like that
      here we go, personal insults because Hendo is not upto standard and you've ran out of excuses for Henderson. Classic smokescreen tactics.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,921 posts | 3397 
      Reply #614: Sep 01, 2018 05:40:21 pm
      here we go, personal insults because Hendo is not upto standard and you've ran out of excuses for Henderson. Classic smokescreen tactics.

Why do i need to find excuses ? You donā€™t rate him - oh well thankfully unless Iā€™m not mistaken it doesnā€™t really matter what we think - what matters is what the manager thinks and it appears he disagrees with you and will play Henderson

Christ we are four games into the season and have won all four - maybe itā€™s a modern phenomenon because to me itā€™s frankly pathetic for people to be looking to create negativity about a squad that looks really good and has a great chance of bringing home trophies. Thankfully though the players are a tight knit bunch and are there for each other - shame canā€™t be said about some of the fans
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #615: Sep 01, 2018 06:00:18 pm
      Why do i need to find excuses ? You donā€™t rate him - oh well thankfully unless Iā€™m not mistaken it doesnā€™t really matter what we think - what matters is what the manager thinks and it appears he disagrees with you and will play Henderson

Christ we are four games into the season and have won all four - maybe itā€™s a modern phenomenon because to me itā€™s frankly pathetic for people to be looking to create negativity about a squad that looks really good and has a great chance of bringing home trophies. Thankfully though the players are a tight knit bunch and are there for each other - shame canā€™t be said about some of the fans

I wouldn't bother getting into it to be honest.

It's one of those things that has happened for years, this scapegoating, and some always find a need to single out a player then bang on about him, no matter how well he plays.
      It used to be Lucas, then when he left, it changed to Henderson.
      They completely ignore the fact that Klopp rates him, and praises him an awful lot, and that every manager has had him in the team, including England managers.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm with Klopp; we win as a team, we lose as a team, but above all else, we're a team, and that includes the fans.
      It's only a pity some don't deserve it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #616: Sep 01, 2018 08:42:05 pm
      Got to admit he was diabolical today, maybe he is not match fit and it doesn't help having Milner alongside but as soon as Leicester realised pressing Henderson would reap rewards we were a train wreck in midfield.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #617: Sep 01, 2018 08:56:22 pm
      Got to admit he was diabolical today, maybe he is not match fit and it doesn't help having Milner alongside but as soon as Leicester realised pressing Henderson would reap rewards we were a train wreck in midfield.

Yeah. Every man and his dog should know that when Hendo plays, you press. I also noticed he got by passed very easily a few times. However, I don't think it was all his fault, the midfield as a collective was disappointing, but that was due to it being unbalanced for me.

It was pretty much the same old midfield we have seen last few seasons under Klopp. I would have thought buying Fabinho and Keita, with Wijnaldum playing as the 6 too, we wouldn't see an unbalanced midfield ever again!
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,257 posts | 1390 
      Reply #618: Sep 01, 2018 10:15:05 pm
      Henderson IS fit enough. He got the nod over Keita today. He wasn't that bad today. Fact is Leicester took the game away from us and they deserve great credit for that. We had to stick at it despite the Allison blunder.

So what he took off Hendo. He also took off our top goalscorer. Nothing to get worked up about. As long as Allison puts a sock in it all in all, to get away with the 3 points was a great result. Move on.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #619: Sep 01, 2018 10:36:27 pm
      The problem he seems to have is an inability to shield the ball and turn with it to play a forward pass. Lucas could do it, Gini does it but Jordan can't.  This indirectly led to the goal we conceded today. He couldn't turn as usual so thumped a bad pass to Gomez I think who was under pressure and had to fizz it to big Virg and the damage was done.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #620: Sep 01, 2018 10:45:40 pm
      If he is not fit, we would have seen a perfect 45 mins then it drops but he was average from 1st second. Wasn't the worst but nothing over 5.5 or 6 from 10.
      I would have thought that having played in the WC, he would have been fitter that those who just sunned thier self on the beaches this summer.... Fatigued maybe, but sorry I am not buying the whole lack of fitness thing

Quick Reply