Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Spurs 4-1 Liverpool: In game and Post match discussion

Read 34199 times
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Re: Spurs 4-1 Liverpool: In game and Post match discussion
      Reply #736: Oct 23, 2017 12:38:18 pm
      Hope we will never see Milner - Hendo combo again...We miss Gini big time yesterday...
      Lovren should be sold. We are early october and we are out of title race, carling cup...

Hope Grujic/Solanke will get chance next time against huddersfield. As for defense i would go with Ward in goal, Matip-Gomez CB pair...

btw why we sign Robertson?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #737: Oct 23, 2017 12:59:03 pm
      Just seen this now mate.

Can went to RB and Gomez went to CB.

I genuinely thought they were going to go to a back three of Gomez, Matip and Can but yeah they kept the back four.

This was the average position touching the ball between 0-31 minutes (up till Lovren was subbed)

And this was the average position across 0-90 mins  (apologies it's not 31-90 mins - would have required too much faffing!)

Cover for left back as Milner is now cover for CM.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #738: Oct 23, 2017 01:38:26 pm
      Wow, another shambolic defensive display. Its getting too frequent now and its frankly embarassing.
      We lost that match in the first 15 mins, in no way can we give our rivals such freebies. Usually when another team makes a defensive mistake, there is some cover or the keeper saves them, with us, its inevitably a goal. Every goal conceded is down to some calamity, poor decision making or plain stupidity. Mignolet too, has proven that he simply is not good enough.
      Time for a shake up from back to front.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #739: Oct 23, 2017 04:27:41 pm

I'd be more than happy to take the consequences of not seeing Migs or Lovren play for us again.

Picked this out simply to say- ABSOLUTELY CORRECT OPINION. If Klopp is building for a championship run in some future edition - and man, he'd better be - there is no reason to use either of these two in league games again, because they clearly are not going to be a part of that team. In fact, I'm hoping that's why he brought on Ox instead of Klavan, to give Gomez time at center back (where he might become a fixture some day) and Ox time at whatever variety of positions he was and will be used at in the future.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #740: Oct 23, 2017 04:32:09 pm
      Performance too bad for words, except DIABOLICAL too put it lightly !!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #741: Oct 23, 2017 04:38:32 pm
      Klopp needs help to sort out our defense.
      Alex at manure had Carlos Queiroz who used to do the defensive work, Klopp needs to do the same maybe

1: big Sam would he want to work as a number 2?
      2: ?
      3: ?
      4: ?
      that the only person i can think of at the mo

Thanks but no thanks
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #742: Oct 23, 2017 04:39:22 pm
      Hope we will never see Milner - Hendo combo again...We miss Gini big time yesterday...
      Lovren should be sold. We are early october and we are out of title race, carling cup...

Hope Grujic/Solanke will get chance next time against huddersfield. As for defense i would go with Ward in goal, Matip-Gomez CB pair...

btw why we sign Robertson?

Left back is one position where i am genuinely not concerned
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #743: Oct 23, 2017 04:50:12 pm
      I think it's a big fish in a small pond scenario that we've soon too many times over the years, not just with defenders.

Downing was a good player for villa. Carroll for Newcastle. Adam for Blackpool. Doesn't mean they're good enough for liverpool does it. It just means our standards are different to those three clubs and where they had a good game every two or three matches we can't allow that here. Our players need to have good games every 5 games out of 6.

I know what you're saying, and to use your example then yes I think Rafa could organise us better at the back than what Jürgen can. But, ultimately, the same players would still cost us games at some point and I stand by what I say in that we won't win a thing with that back four - even if we had the best defensive expert on the planet managing us.

im not suggesting these players are world beaters either. But I'm saying their individual errors just make things worse.
      Individual errors can be caused by a number of things. Lack of talent/skill. Lack of Confidence. Lack of understanding of a system. Or All of the above.
      At the end of the day u can still get results with 'non world beaters'.

If we agree that Rafa could get better defensive performances from these guys. (like he's currently doing it at Newcastle) then surely the system is the main, yet larger more difficult problem to solve? Its easy to witch hunt players and call everyone 'crap', but if the owners are stingy and we have to slowly improve our squad. Then you have to be more pragmatic as a manager, till you get the players you want who suit your system.

Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #744: Oct 23, 2017 06:32:06 pm
      I beg to differ. Emre has been one of our most consistent midfielders. In fact, he's been consistently below par for a long period of time now. Al the best on your 1 exit to Juve, Emre.

Just shows how different people see different players. Can plays as though he has diver's boots on. He makes wrong decisions and isn't clever enough for an attacking midfielder. He thinks more about his haircut than his football.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #745: Oct 23, 2017 09:01:59 pm
      Didn't see the match. Don't F***ing want to.

Seen the goals and that's all I could muster to watch.

The only silver lining is that this should be the last time Mignolet plays for Liverpool. Every time he steps on the field from now on I am going to take it as a personal insult. He's a F***ing joke.

Lovren has shown improvements at times, Migs has never been good. He's been the worst keeper in the league for years now and he's not getting any better. Don't want him anywhere near the team anymore, don't even want him training with the reservers or the kids, would only make them worse. Just get him the F**k away from my club Jürgen.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #746: Oct 23, 2017 09:25:54 pm
      Didn't see the match. Don't f**king want to.

Seen the goals and that's all I could muster to watch.

The only silver lining is that this should be the last time Mignolet plays for Liverpool. Every time he steps on the field from now on I am going to take it as a personal insult. He's a f**king joke.

Lovren has shown improvements at times, Migs has never been good. He's been the worst keeper in the league for years now and he's not getting any better. Don't want him anywhere near the team anymore, don't even want him training with the reservers or the kids, would only make them worse. Just get him the f**k away from my club Jürgen.

Lovren is a disaster made no improvement as he keeps making the same mistakes time and time again . A woeful defender end of
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #747: Oct 23, 2017 09:27:19 pm
      Klopp needs help to sort out our defense.
      Alex at manure had Carlos Queiroz who used to do the defensive work, Klopp needs to do the same maybe

1: big Sam would he want to work as a number 2?
      2: ?
      3: ?
      4: ?
      that the only person i can think of at the mo

F***ing hell.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #748: Oct 23, 2017 11:05:13 pm
      Is that Anchelotti on the back row looking just as pissed off as Rushie?...hmmm :-\ just asking like :f_whistle:
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #749: Oct 24, 2017 12:48:21 am
      I don't fully agree that we were "crap" etc.I have more respect for this Spurs team than ever before.We were poor.Crucial mistakes made.Its not the end of the world.Having a proven goalscorer would help.
      Goalkeeper ? Migs as people say was a fantastic shotstopper at Sunderland.Well Sunderland languishing near the bottom obviously would have lots and lots more shots at them.Imho this club is just too big for him, nerves and all.The same can be said of Karius (even more nervous)>That leaves Danny Ward.What a potentially great keeper he WILL become.He is ready now to take on the mantel, again imho.
      AOC,surely that was the best he has shown since his arrival.I would defo be giving him a run in the side.
      Other players that could be given more chances are Grucic.Harry Wilson,Robertson (whats that all about?)Danny Ings.
      Last December we where going so well I thought I might be having a "draw" from Betfred.on my each way bet.Then Mane goes off and we took an almighty dive in form.
      Mane then gets crocked and our game seems to go into a "tailspin"Is it me or is he gonna be another Steve G (carrying the team on his own)Answers on a post card please.Oh and for me IJKW(should)T.Believe me.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #750: Oct 24, 2017 01:22:33 am
      I don't fully agree that we were "crap" etc.I have more respect for this Spurs team than ever before.We were poor.Crucial mistakes made.Its not the end of the world.Having a proven goalscorer would help.
      Goalkeeper ? Migs as people say was a fantastic shotstopper at Sunderland.Well Sunderland languishing near the bottom obviously would have lots and lots more shots at them.Imho this club is just too big for him, nerves and all.The same can be said of Karius (even more nervous)>That leaves Danny Ward.What a potentially great keeper he WILL become.He is ready now to take on the mantel, again imho.
      AOC,surely that was the best he has shown since his arrival.I would defo be giving him a run in the side.
      Other players that could be given more chances are Grucic.Harry Wilson,Robertson (whats that all about?)Danny Ings.
      Last December we where going so well I thought I might be having a "draw" from Betfred.on my each way bet.Then Mane goes off and we took an almighty dive in form.
      Mane then gets crocked and our game seems to go into a "tailspin"Is it me or is he gonna be another Steve G (carrying the team on his own)Answers on a post card please.Oh and for me IJKW(should)T.Believe me.

Nothing pisses me off more than when people talk about Karius in the same breath as Mignolet...as though he's played the exact same number of games, given 4 years of truly shoddy service to the club and pretty much single handedly denied us a spot in the CL last season (see his 2015-2016 form).

He may not be the answer, but like Mignolet he deserves a full season (or in Mignolet's case 4) to prove himself to supporters.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #751: Oct 24, 2017 10:05:19 am
      Nothing pisses me off more than when people talk about Karius in the same breath as Mignolet...as though he's played the exact same number of games, given 4 years of truly shoddy service to the club and pretty much single handedly denied us a spot in the CL last season (see his 2015-2016 form).

He may not be the answer, but like Mignolet he deserves a full season (or in Mignolet's case 4) to prove himself to supporters.

Agree with this. Karius has not been given a proper chance. Remember DeGea was cr@p for almost 2 years.

Of the little I have seen of Karius, I will say that he is much much better at coming for the ball and 1000000% better at distributing than Misalot.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #752: Oct 24, 2017 10:58:53 am
      Agree with this. Karius has not been given a proper chance. Remember DeGea was cr@p for almost 2 years.

Of the little I have seen of Karius, I will say that he is much much better at coming for the ball and 1000000% better at distributing than Misalot.

Spot on, I think he will prove a lot of the doubters wrong if given a decent run in the team.

I also think it would help the defence too knowing they've got a keeper backing them up should the opponents get through on goal.

As for his catching/coming for the ball. He already punches better than Mignolet and I think after a bedding in period would be better at commanding his area.

I mean we're playing him in the champs league, where a lot of the teams we face are going to be better than half of what Mignolet is playing against.

Plus... If he does get a run of games and his catching is about as bad as Mignolet then his other attributes already put him ahead of him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #753: Oct 24, 2017 11:09:28 pm
      Lovren is not the reason for our defensive problems. The way we play would leave any defender exposed. No Point in signing a new CB if we cant tighten things up ourselves first. We'll be back to square one.

He just makes the same mistakes over and over, they're a big contribution to our defensive problems.

Plus he seems to be the type that once he makes that first mistake, his head goes west and then he just makes more mistakes.

DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Re: Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #754: Oct 24, 2017 11:21:07 pm
      If that was the case then why do so many of the goals we concede come from individual errors? Just look at Lovren at the weekend, trying to play offside on the first goal and then bang, Kane has him in his pocket.

Lovren was not at fault for the first. He correctly played him offside. Unfortunately, he wasn't to know that Gomez was slow moving and played him on. Lovren held the line. Gomez was at fault.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #755: Oct 24, 2017 11:27:10 pm
      Lovren was not at fault for the first. He correctly played him offside. Unfortunately, he wasn't to know that Gomez was slow moving and played him on. Lovren held the line. Gomez was at fault.

Offside trap is a sh*t way to defend. If that is what Klopp is telling them to do he can **** right off. Men behind the ball, zonal or man to man is defending... but playing off side trap is a load of codswallap.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #756: Oct 24, 2017 11:28:19 pm

You've taken 1 screenshot there, a very misleading one at that. How about the fact Lovren, a professional footballer, at International level, was trying to play offside from a throw in. One more time, from a throw in.
      « Last Edit: Oct 24, 2017 11:33:39 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #757: Oct 25, 2017 01:47:21 am
      You've taken 1 screenshot there, a very misleading one at that. How about the fact Lovren, a professional footballer, at International level, was trying to play offside from a throw in. One more time, from a throw in.

To be fair, the ball was already in play, but Lovren had been pulled out of position and then he hoped that Kane would be offside. He was still 100% at fault.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #758: Oct 25, 2017 07:57:47 am
      To be fair, the ball was already in play, but Lovren had been pulled out of position and then he hoped that Kane would be offside. He was still 100% at fault.

Completely agree, what annoyed me more was Lovrens reactions, first he looks at the linesman in disbelief then ambles back to goal and only when migs makes a lame attempt and the ball pops up he finally puts in a sprint

Quick Reply