Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: West Ham V Liverpool (4th Nov 2017 - 17:30)

Read 4674 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Pre-Match: West Ham V Liverpool (4th Nov 2017 - 17:30)
      Nov 02, 2017 05:52:58 pm

Its time we started winning a few on the bounce and this is surely another fixture that will allow us to do so even if we do have a large number out injured. West Ham are piss poor and Bilic is under pressure. I actually think playing them away suits us better with every Hammer in the stadium anxious.

Another clean sheet and a few goals please. 3-0 and the Ox to score first!  ;) :kop5cf8koxp6:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Re: Pre-Match: West Ham V Liverpool (4th Nov 2017 - 17:30)
      Reply #1: Nov 02, 2017 06:06:47 pm
      This is the true test to see if we've turned a corner after the Spurs debacle.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #2: Nov 02, 2017 06:07:13 pm
      I'd go with Sturridge for this particular match, save Firmino for the home game against Southampton. Hammers aren't doing particularly well and we're probably facing another parking of buses and you don't need movement as much as you need a clinical finisher. Other than that I'd keep that team which pretty much picks itself.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3: Nov 02, 2017 06:25:14 pm
      For the life of me, I can't understand how people continue to select Mignolet in their preferred eleven.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #4: Nov 02, 2017 06:34:16 pm

This is probably the team (with Gini out) except Sturridge should return to the starting lineup for Ox.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #5: Nov 02, 2017 06:38:39 pm
      West Ham are a poor team at the moment so we should win this quite easily.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #6: Nov 02, 2017 07:05:19 pm
      Hope we don't see the combo of Hendo, Can and Milner in midfield talk about one paced plods!

Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #7: Nov 02, 2017 09:02:37 pm
      West Ham are a poor team at the moment so we should win this quite easily.

Without Countino, Lallana, Clyne, Mané and even Lovren (who I consider better than Klavan) it's not a gimme. I still hope Coutinho can play or is he out for sure?
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #8: Nov 02, 2017 09:25:56 pm
      As good a time as any to face the Hammers with our current injuries, seeing as they've got quite a few of their own to deal with right now.

They should be without Fonte, Zabaleta, Byram and Antonio. Reid and Cresswell are doubts (both will likely play).

I quite liked how we ended against Huddersfield with a sort of 3 at the back with Matip pushing forward a bit more.

Moreno and Trent (or even Chamberlain) can whip them in like they did against Maribor. Firmino playing central with both Sturridge and Salah as options in front of him.

Guess we're likely to see almost the exact same starting eleven as against Maribor with Henderson coming in for Wijnaldum and Gomez for Trent. Would rather not see that midfield three again though.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #9: Nov 02, 2017 09:42:05 pm
      Was Coutinho training today? If not then he's not going to be playing.

Can't see much change from midweek. Gomez back in. Be tempted to look at Chamberlain as one of the 3 in midfield if Coutinho can play.

He can take the pens as well.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #10: Nov 02, 2017 10:01:02 pm
      Gonna be more difficult than Huddersfield and Maribor!

Karius
      TAA, Gomez, Matip, Moreno
                     Can
             Hendo    Firmino
      Salah     Solanke    Ox

Thats the team I want to see tbh, still think Klopp should take a gamble on Solanke!!!

TorontoRed
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #11: Nov 03, 2017 12:25:38 am
      As good a time as any to face the Hammers with our current injuries, seeing as they've got quite a few of their own to deal with right now.

They should be without Fonte, Zabaleta, Byram and Antonio. Reid and Cresswell are doubts (both will likely play).

I quite liked how we ended against Huddersfield with a sort of 3 at the back with Matip pushing forward a bit more.

Moreno and Trent (or even Chamberlain) can whip them in like they did against Maribor. Firmino playing central with both Sturridge and Salah as options in front of him.

Guess we're likely to see almost the exact same starting eleven as against Maribor with Henderson coming in for Wijnaldum and Gomez for Trent. Would rather not see that midfield three again though.

Don't mind the look of that but I doubt Klopp will start with a 3-4-3. Could see him going there if things don't go well though.
      In terms of Milner, Hendo and Can being our midfield, I'm afraid that Klopp will go with that as long as Wijlnadum is out as he's been reluctant to start our youngsters. Hopefully by the time Couts, Lallana and Mane are back, we wont have to see those three together ever again.

I think Klopp will go for:

Migs
      Gomes     Matip      Klavan    Moreno
                            Hendo
                Can                    Milner
           Salah                         Firmino
                         Sturridge

I wouldn't mind seeing

Karius
            Gomes     Matip     Klavan
                          Hendo
         TAA                            Moreno
                        Woodburn
                          Firmino
          Salah                       Sturridge

RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #12: Nov 03, 2017 08:47:26 am
      For the life of me, I can't understand how people continue to select Mignolet in their preferred eleven.

Because Klopp will always select him. :(
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #13: Nov 03, 2017 08:48:20 am
      Without Countino, Lallana, Clyne, Mané and even Lovren (who I consider better than Klavan) it's not a gimme. I still hope Coutinho can play or is he out for sure?

We are exact opposite. I think Klavan is better than Lovren. Not only that but Lovren induces panic in Matip.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #14: Nov 03, 2017 10:11:32 am
      Won't be as tight as the Huddersfield and Maribor games in terms of the amount of double decker's on the pitch but that doesn't mean it's a god given 3 points to us.
      They will come at us which will leave gaps so we have to punish them and make sure fingertips Hart doesn't play a blinder.

Put our chances away when we get them and we should gather the points against this lot..
      Fanny about across the back, allow them in and it could all go horribly wrong..

2-1 Chamberlain with the winner !
       :kop5cf8koxp6:
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #15: Nov 03, 2017 11:38:15 am
      These are the type of games I fear. Games that we are expected to win comfortably against a side at the bottom end of the table in dire form. Maybe its my imagination but it always seems to be bloody Liverpool who these sh*te teams decide to raise their game against.

From what I've seen of west ham for the past year or so, it looks as if Bilic has lost his dressing room so they say, and its only a matter of time before he gets the bullet. I did see them at Tottenham in the league cup a week or two ago though. Even though they were their usual dire selves in the first half, they came out a completely different animal in the second half and looked like the side they were when Bilic first started managing them. They fully deserved their win and they proved that they are still a very capable side if they play to their potential.  If they come out like that against us, we're in for a very tough game.

We all know about Andy Carroll and if he's fit and they play to his strengths then I worry he will cause us all kinds of problems. I can just picture Mignolet now refusing to collect crosses and Klavan and Matip flapping as a consequence.

But that's enough worrying about them. If we turn up and play to our maximum then it doesn't matter what West Ham do, we will win this game. I just hope our boys don't turn up thinking the game is already won before a ball is kicked. They might have to roll their sleeves up for this one....

I'd continue with Karius personally who hasn't put a foot wrong this season that I can recall, but I'm pretty sure Jürgen will bring Mignolet back.

Back four of Gomez, Matip, Klavan, Moreno.

Midfield three of Henderson, Can, Ox.

Front three of Salah, Sturridge, Firmino.

Mignolet

Gomez           Matip         Klavan           Moreno

Hendo          Can

Salah              Ox              Firmino

Sturridge

Going for a 2-0 win for the reds.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #16: Nov 03, 2017 11:49:47 am
      Because Klopp will always select him. :(

And until he stops doing so and over the long term replaces him, along with the rest of the spine, we will continue to win F**k all.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #17: Nov 03, 2017 12:08:43 pm
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #18: Nov 03, 2017 12:11:49 pm
      NB: Team no longer available
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #19: Nov 03, 2017 12:14:57 pm
      fingertips Hart doesn't play a blinder.

Standard that the opposition keeper has a blinder against us.

Don't think much of West Ham these days - they do seem to have gone backwards in the past 18 months.  I do think they're unpredictable though.  That game against Spurs summed them up.  Completely hopeless first half then come from 2-0 down to win 3-2 in the second half.

I really hope we get the win to give us all a sense of peaceful inner tranquility during the following 2 weeks of international 'friendlies' FFS!

You'd like to think that the team might have an eye on the gang of Lallana, Clyne, Mane, Coutinho all probably returning after this game so this weekend will not be a game for them to go AWOL.

This is what I'd like

And this is what I expect

Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #20: Nov 03, 2017 01:22:42 pm
      Can see us winning this one.  Wham cannot just sit and wait, they will have to come at us, which should leave plenty of space for Salah to miss half a dozen before he slots one home.

CMON you REDMEN

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #21: Nov 03, 2017 01:58:17 pm
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #22: Nov 03, 2017 02:04:02 pm

Quick Reply