Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Comedy Gigs

Read 5441 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Comedy Gigs
      Nov 20, 2017 12:16:29 am
      Been to three comedy shows this month, will make it a fourth next week. Tonight was the best of the bunch so far. Richard Herring's Oh Frig I'm 50 was brilliant and I highly recommend anyone who is even vaguely aware of him, try and go and see the show.

The first week was just a local club, but it has made me look up the headliner and I'll be looking to see if the Aussie comic, John Robertson, is doing some gigs near me soon. The support acts were obvious work in progress kind of deals, but entertaining.

Last week I saw Ed Gamble. It was good, despite his own ad-libs occasionally putting him off his stride. It's worth seeing for the Marathon/Massage part of his routine alone.

Next week I'm seeing an Irish comic called Jarlath Raglan and the Comedian's Comedian host, Stuart Goldsmith. Until booking the tickets, didn't reall know much about either, but just wanted to go to four shows, in four different locations.

All in all, enjoyed these nights out and think I'll carry on going to at least a gig a month.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Re: Comedy Gigs
      Reply #1: Nov 20, 2017 12:38:02 am
      Get yourself down to Hot Water Comedy Club on Seel Street for a good laugh.

It's mad though cos one of the lads who owns it (Paul Blair) was in the same school as me. Going back years now like, he must of been four or five years above me but he was one of the lads who'd always ask me to join in their footy game before school cos I got there a bit early then have to politely tell me to F**k off when all the other brats my age arrived. And the MC there (Paul Smith) ran some training course I was on when I was signing on about seven years ago. I remember him telling me he wanted to do stand up for a living and it looks like he is now, he was also very encouraging towards me doing comedy writing.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #2: Nov 23, 2017 10:17:07 pm
      There was a great one at Goodison tonight. :ernaehrung004:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #3: Nov 25, 2017 04:21:38 am
      There was a great one at Goodison tonight. :ernaehrung004:

Weekly shows as well, occasionally in other cities. Bloody brilliant gig that :D

Don't get to many comedy shows but do enjoy them, often watch whatever is on Netflix and all that. Jim Jefferies is well worth the ticket if he ever goes any of your way.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4: Nov 25, 2017 06:21:53 am
      Weekly shows as well, occasionally in other cities. Bloody brilliant gig that :D

Don't get to many comedy shows but do enjoy them, often watch whatever is on Netflix and all that. Jim Jefferies is well worth the ticket if he ever goes any of your way.

Would like to see Jim Jefferies, seen a couple of his live shows when they've been screened over here, one funny f**ker.

Know he has a new series in the U. S but only seen a few episodes of it.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #5: Oct 08, 2019 06:12:03 pm
      Off to see a Bugle Live in Newcastle shortly.

With the inimitable, largely because no one wants to, Andy Zaltzman, and one of Australia's finest, Alice Fraser.

Definitely not going to be a show for those right wing snowflakes.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #6: Nov 09, 2019 03:30:08 pm
      Went to see Ardal O'Hanlon in Armagh. Very funny, very dry, clean as well. Stand up looks very hard but Ardel was brilliant.So relaxed. Wife & daughter met him briefly after the show..I went to get the car..

Good gig...8/10
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #7: Nov 23, 2021 10:13:00 am
      Went to Ricky Gervais in the 3 Arena in Dublin last nite.
      Really good show :)
      Sean McGloughlin was the warm up http://seanmcloughlincomedy.com/about/
      Talk about flying close to the line though, trans, peados, hitler, dwarves among others getting honourable mention.
      Bought the tickets for the show in 2019, so good to eventually get to go.
      Stewarts were checking we were wearing masks throughout, and it was cold, lot of people kept their jackets on.
      Still, was great to be able to get out and have a bit of a chuckle :)

Quick Reply