Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Sevilla?

Loris Karius
      14 (16.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      5 (5.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (1.2%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      1 (1.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      1 (1.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      8 (9.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (2.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      47 (54.7%)
      Alberto Moreno
      4 (4.7%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      1 (1.2%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: Nov 25, 2017 09:43:11 pm

Sevilla 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 36466 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Sevilla 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Nov 21, 2017 09:56:01 pm
      Sorry to be a dick, but for those who say Hendo dictates, ;D! Just watch Banega, that's how you dictate from midfield when in possession. Our midfield can't f**king tackle, Moreno should have been subbed off much earlier, and our midfield is sh*t.

Vintage display from Henderson tonight. F**k all in attack, truly detrimental in defence to the point that his presence was as contributing a fact

No he is not a 'scapegoat' - he is a problem. Go and watch how they get that corner at the death and Henderson's complete failure to stick a foot in and get a hold of the ball. Instead Sevilla are allowed to take a pop at goal, it deflects off for a corner. They take the corner, they score from the corner. 3-3. FT. Summed up his whole match. Clumsy fouling, caught in between no one and chasing shadows, inability to stick a foot in it. A F***ing sh*t sh*t sh*t performance from the captain.

He hasn't been much good in our comfortable victories following the Spurs atrocity, a mere passenger riding on the backs of those ahead of him. This season he has been amongst our worst players. At best he's looked average. At worst he's looked cowardly. No other way to put it.

Start performing like the 'captain' he is and the supposed 6 year veteran of Liverpool FC that we 'hallow' him for.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #484: Nov 21, 2017 09:56:32 pm
      Can someone fill us in if Liverpool already made it to the KO stage? In my book they made it. Even if they lose 0-1/0-2 against Spartak they should still advance! True? Only if they lose like 0-4 they'd be stopped which is basically impossible.

Nah we need a point. Uefa countback not goal difference.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #485: Nov 21, 2017 09:56:45 pm
      Why is this question only asked when we have a game like this? It's all well and good when we are winning but the second we aren't, the knives soon come out.

As for the keeper, we'd have been worse off if Karius didn't pull off some big saves tonight. But again, people find it a lot easier to slate him than praise him

In fairness to myself, I'm pretty always complaining about this. I'm consistent as F**k on the fact Liverpool continually find ways of pretending our squad is able to compete at the required level when it clearly isn't.

I've spent two summer and two winter transfer windows pointing this out and being told to shut up because it'll all be fine.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #486: Nov 21, 2017 09:57:07 pm
      I withheld praise for him because I always feared he was going to go off like the arse spraying mayhem grenade he is.

I'm going to go back and read those interviews now and have a good old laugh. There's nothing I love more than a good old satirical read.

Are you for F***ing real?

You're going to go back and read an interview so you can laugh at a Liverpool player who just had a nightmare?

For a good old satirical read?

Tit.

Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #487: Nov 21, 2017 09:57:22 pm
      I think we can all agree that Lallana will help this team going forward. He'd have made the difference in the 2nd half.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #488: Nov 21, 2017 09:57:42 pm
      Moreno is an attacking LB, but when the tide turns, he's a liability. Ideally you have one full back who can do both - instead of Moreno who attacks, and Milly who defends.  Need to melt them down into one player.

We have got one but he doesn't even make the bench. :(
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #489: Nov 21, 2017 09:58:32 pm
      Are you for f**king real?

You're going to go back and read an interview so you can laugh at a Liverpool player who just had a nightmare?

For a good old satirical read?

Tit.

Oh yeah - I'm going to spend the rest of my evening scouring over those interviews. Am I F**k. Get in the real world pal.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #490: Nov 21, 2017 09:58:38 pm
      Moreno as usual the whipping boy. Yes, he made individual errors, but he doesn’t get equal plaudits when he has a good game! As has been said, he became a Dad a couple of days ago, might have been sensible to leave him at home. Some of you need to think what you were like a couple of days after becoming a Dad for the first time.

I don't get this 'just had a kid' excuse that's been perpetuated around here.. isn't this supposed to be a happy moment ??? 
      He should be fully confident and on his best game having one more reason to live and play well.. I would've understood if he had a recent death in his familly but his kid being born  :f_doh:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #491: Nov 21, 2017 09:59:10 pm
      Up until them errors, he's been having a good season and deserved his place in the starting line up.

I don't think he deserves his place at LFC, let alone the startling lineup. He's been OK for a relatively short period of time. Jon Flanagan has had a longer period as a good starting left back for LFC and no one seriously considers him an option either. And no, I'm not being fickle, I've criticised the decision to stick him back into the team from the start. I don't know if Robertson is the answer but Moreno has been at the club long enough for us to know he isn't.

And yeah of course it's easier to criticise Moreno than to praise him. That's because he's been at the club for what, 4 seasons? And not in a single one of them was he what might be described as a good, reliable player. So I don't see the point in exaggerating when he has a half decent perform nor do I think he's "proven the doubters wrong" because he did not f**k it up for five consecutive games.

Can you see LFC challenging for trophies with Alberto Moreno, I personally can't, but I hope Jürgen Klopp is even more of a genius than I think he is
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #492: Nov 21, 2017 09:59:52 pm
      We drawed on the road against a good team, made the KO stage.
      This is the group stages, do that in the KO rounds and we are going home. And five we lose to Spartak I don't like the look of any teams leading their groups or even some of the second places that could end up top
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #493: Nov 21, 2017 10:00:12 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #494: Nov 21, 2017 10:01:12 pm
      I don't think he deserves his place at LFC, let alone the startling lineup. He's been OK for a relatively short period of time. Jon Flanagan has had a longer period as a good starting left back for LFC and no one seriously considers him an option either. And no, I'm not being fickle, I've criticised the decision to stick him back into the team from the start. I don't know if Robertson is the answer but Moreno has been at the club long enough for us to know he isn't.

And yeah of course it's easier to criticise Moreno than to praise him. That's because he's been at the club for what, 4 seasons? And not in a single one of them was he what might be described as a good, reliable player. So I don't see the point in exaggerating when he has a half decent perform nor do I think he's "proven the doubters wrong" because he did not f**k it up for five consecutive games.

Can you see LFC challenging for trophies with Alberto Moreno, I personally can't, but I hope Jürgen Klopp is even more of a genius than I think he is

It's always the same brain dead players who are doing this for us. Time and again. I'm just glad Mignolet wasn't playing because then for sure we would have lost. The actual notion of hoping that Lovren, Moreno, our goalkeeper whoever he is, Henderson all playing well and not making mistakes in just ONE match is so far fetched that it can only be considered fantasy.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #495: Nov 21, 2017 10:01:16 pm

Excellent post, same logic can be applied to plenty of others who should have been bombed out before now.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #496: Nov 21, 2017 10:01:18 pm
      I think Henderson receives a lot of over the top criticism in this forum but tonight he was absolutely horrible, no excuses whatsoever
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #497: Nov 21, 2017 10:01:35 pm

I can't see us challenging for trophies with a piss poor and weak midfield, incredibly vulnerable CB's and a nervous wreck of a keeper but hey, Moreno is the main reason I guess...
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,127 posts | 127 
      Reply #498: Nov 21, 2017 10:02:12 pm
      He told them to go out and give away a cheap free kick, lose their man and then give away a penalty.

Christ, holding the manager for individual errors like that amazes me.

No, its the way he has no answer, surely he knew Seville would come back at us,...... come on?,  reminds me of the final, 18 months ago, have you forgotten?
      So you say 1 player makes an error, and the team capitulates?
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #499: Nov 21, 2017 10:02:19 pm
      Typical
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #500: Nov 21, 2017 10:02:38 pm
      Oh yeah - I'm going to spend the rest of my evening scouring over those interviews. Am I f**k. Get in the real world pal.

Well you took the time to write and post it, pal. 

Jumped up little blurt.

Go ed.

The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #501: Nov 21, 2017 10:03:18 pm
      Here is another positive: play as in the 1st half for 90min. and we win PL and CL next year. :)
      Pippen PLEASE!!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #502: Nov 21, 2017 10:03:56 pm
      Why is this question only asked when we have a game like this? It's all well and good when we are winning but the second we aren't, the knives soon come out.

As for the keeper, we'd have been worse off if Karius didn't pull off some big saves tonight. But again, people find it a lot easier to slate him than praise him

For what it's worth, City are playing Delph, a CM at LB and storming through the season so it can work...

I thought Karius was sh*t tonight. He does some really loose things and he's i'm quite unorthodox. I'm pretty sure that goals 1 and 3 could have been stopped with a more traditional style than his.

As ever though the keeper has very little protection. Moreno was all over the joint from the first minute and it took Klopp far too long to see it. Lovren kept punting the ball back to them, the midfield was passive as F**k and we stopped being so  clinical on the break as well.

Not the first time we have blown a 3 goal lead, it won't be the last either. We are incapable of seeing a game out when the chips are down.

Sevilla new as soon as they got 1 early that they were on to a good thing. They got the least they deserved while we can be thankful there wasn't another 5 minutes to go.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #503: Nov 21, 2017 10:04:05 pm
      Henderson and Gini can stay there.

We'll take a paella and Ever Banega in return.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #504: Nov 21, 2017 10:04:08 pm
      Well you took the time to write and post it, pal. 

Jumped up little blurt.

Go ed.

Jumped up little blurt?

Are you referring to me or Alberto Moreno's second half display tonight?

Apologies if I feel the need to take it out on someone who cost us the chance of qualifying tonight like he did when he cost us the chance of the Europa League last year.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #505: Nov 21, 2017 10:04:11 pm
      No, its the way he has no answer, surely he knew Seville would come back at us,...... come on?,

And what did he do? He addressed the situation and took off Moreno and a passenger in attack. Something he gets slated for not doing until late in the game so I'd say he was trying to contain the situation

Quick Reply