Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Sevilla?

Loris Karius
      14 (16.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      5 (5.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (1.2%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      1 (1.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      1 (1.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      8 (9.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (2.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      47 (54.7%)
      Alberto Moreno
      4 (4.7%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      1 (1.2%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: Nov 25, 2017 09:43:11 pm

Sevilla 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 37059 times
      DanRed44
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts | 18 
      Re: Sevilla 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #529: Nov 21, 2017 10:17:17 pm
      The most worrying thing is Klopp has his obvious favourites, Moreno, Henderson, Gini amongst others, and any fan who understands the game knows that LFC are never going to move forward and compete with the elite with players like these, such weak mentality it's frightening, time and time again they fall well below the standards LFC should set, we have improved of late and looked like getting back to a proper LFC side, but a 2nd half like that and we will prob go on another terrible run.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #530: Nov 21, 2017 10:18:10 pm
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #531: Nov 21, 2017 10:18:25 pm
      A game of two halves where we showed how dangerous we are going forward but then how feeble we are at the back. It's nothing we don't already know and it's nothing we haven't seen before.

Moreno is coming in for a lot of criticism and rightly so. I've been impressed with him this season and in my opinion he has been one of our better and more consistent performers but tonight he was back to his old ways and he was just all over the place. Despite praising him this season, I always thought he would eventually go back to his usual reckless out of position self and I wasn't wrong.

Tonight was yet again more evidence of why we need to upgrade on Henderson and why somebody else needs to take the armband once and for all. The responsibility carried too much weight for Jordan. Sevilla score 2 quick goals and are back in the game and where is he? Where is our leader? It's not just leadership either, I've got to say his football is just pure muck, he's average at best. I honestly don't know what people see him in.

To be honest it's irrelevant whether we top the group or not because with that back four we won't go much further anyway and we're likely to get embarsssed by a top team.

Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,363 posts | 1414 
      Reply #532: Nov 21, 2017 10:18:53 pm
      Seems some doubt on qualifying for last 16.

We have 9, Serville 8,Spartak 6

We have a GD of 10 they have 3..so they need to beat us by 8 goals or more at Anfield to go thru.

Goal diff does come into it. We are in the last 16...due to beating Maribor 7-0..
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #533: Nov 21, 2017 10:20:19 pm
      There's a way of doing without sounding like a plazzy fan - see Diego's posts.

Yeah - because saying his interviews now look like satire after that performance really is the nadir isn't it? I know you're a big fan of Alberto's but I think you're just taking a bit personally on his behalf to be honest.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,719 posts | 3941 
      Reply #534: Nov 21, 2017 10:20:29 pm

We have a GD of 10 they have 3..so they need to beat us by 8 goals or more at Anfield to go thru.

Goal diff does come into it. We are in the last 16...due to beating Maribor 7-0..

I swear GD makes no difference?
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #535: Nov 21, 2017 10:21:29 pm

Wonderful, except it's head to head results that matter more.

In the scenario you outline - we're out - even if we don't lose by 8 goals.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #536: Nov 21, 2017 10:23:02 pm

It does not mate, it's head to head results

We drew in Moscow 1-1, if they beat us by any result at Anfield they're ahead
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #537: Nov 21, 2017 10:24:01 pm
      I think Henderson receives a lot of over the top criticism in this forum but tonight he was absolutely horrible, no excuses whatsoever

Didn't think tonight was one of his better nights. And was looking for him to settle things down, get hold of players when we went 1-0 down. But he gets bashed after ever game by some, so not going to be jumping on any bandwagon. He was bashed after the 3-0 win at the weekend for flips sake.

With Cou in the middle, the 2 remaining CMs have their defensive work cut out, no matter who they are.  And when the other side get on top, our attacking formation starts to work against us -- and needed Jürgen to make changes to 'solidify' us.  Our first XI tonite is great when we're on top and going forward, but not if under pressure and need to defend. NOTHING new there.

It may seem lazy - to pick out Moreno - but you have to think Sevilla TARGET his side. And they got success. Is anyone surprised?
      TWO goals he was involved in. He's improved this season - but he's prone to that, and always will be you have to think.

Thought Karius did OK, apart from being a bit wasteful with kickouts. Super save at 1-0 up to parry onto the post. Maybe could have done better for the last? Don't think he's been very good to date, but not gonna single him out tonight.

Harrisimo

• 8,363 posts | 1414 
      Reply #538: Nov 21, 2017 10:24:33 pm
      Some credit has to given to Serville. We had the ref against us as well. And we could of got the 4th to kill it off. Not exactly a disaster, we are unbeaten is this C/L league, we are in the last 16......job done...

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #539: Nov 21, 2017 10:24:45 pm
      Dont agree with that at all. The first 2 goals were courtesy of individual errors from Moreno. Klopp then dealt with that situation and took Moreno off virtually straight away, putting on Milner who's spent a season at LB and Can to help steady the midfield. If Klopp hadn't done them changes or done them late on then he'd have been slaughtered.

The Ox change I don't get but to say that it's 150% on Klopp I couldn't disagree with more.
      I think you need to stop hanging players for individual errors they are part and parcel of the game. Look at the game holistically, up 3-0 and cruising  there was a deliberate tactic to sit back and invite pressure on a fragile defense at best when the setup in first half was working. We looked comfortable without having to exert too much pressure.

Don't think too much coaching nous is required to observe we we're completely over run in the midfield for the first 15 minutes of second half. Bring on Can and playing a lower block should have happened after the first goal was conceded.

Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #540: Nov 21, 2017 10:24:48 pm

:mad: Damn it. That makes our last game a do-or-die and a lot can happen in one game. Nobody knows it better than we LFC fans, for the good (2005) and the bad (just minutes ago).
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,719 posts | 3941 
      Reply #541: Nov 21, 2017 10:25:10 pm

If we get beat by Spartak at Anfield then we don’t deserve to be in the competition.

It’s that F***ing simple.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #542: Nov 21, 2017 10:27:08 pm
      If we get beat by Spartak at Anfield then we don’t deserve to be in the competition.

It’s that f**king simple.

Would have no regrets. The sight of seeing some of those players mucking about at the Bernabeu or the Nou Camp in the knock out rounds would scare me.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,597 posts | 1681 
      • YNWA
      Reply #543: Nov 21, 2017 10:28:09 pm
      Tonight was yet again more evidence of why we need to upgrade on Henderson and why somebody else needs to take the armband once and for all.

So who should take the armband. Would that have helped to have someone else wearing it?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,719 posts | 3941 
      Reply #544: Nov 21, 2017 10:30:46 pm
      Would have no regrets. The sight of seeing some of those players mucking about at the Bernabeu or the Nou Camp in the knock out rounds would scare me.

You’re right. It would be embarrassing to watch Henderson chasing shadows and passing to no one
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #545: Nov 21, 2017 10:32:54 pm

Not for me.

Hopefully shows how far off we are and inspires a clean out.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #546: Nov 21, 2017 10:35:56 pm
      So who should take the armband. Would that have helped to have someone else wearing it?

I think it would yes.

How many times did Stevie grab the game by the scruff of the neck when he needed to?

I'm not saying anybody in our squad is as good as Stevie but I think there are better candidates when it comes to leadership than Jordan Henderson.

Stevie was a fantastic footballer, the best of his generation, but he also did basic things well that you would expect from a captain.

For what its worth my captain would be lallana. I think he has it in him to get a boost from his team and from the crowd whether it's a crunch 50-50 tackle, some pressing chasing down the opposition, or even charging forward and having a shot, whatever it takes to get your team and the fans going.

Firmino would probably be my vice, so he would have captained the team tonight for me.

I don't see anything from Henderson. I'm sure his fan boys will still come on here and tell us how great he was tonight though.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,719 posts | 3941 
      Reply #547: Nov 21, 2017 10:36:27 pm
      I’m still in shock. Watched it round my dad’s and even he was in shock and he’s an Arsenal F***ing fan.
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #548: Nov 21, 2017 10:37:33 pm
      Some credit has to given to Serville. We had the ref against us as well. And we could of got the 4th to kill it off. Not exactly a disaster, we are unbeaten is this C/L league, we are in the last 16......job done...

Sadly not - If we lose to Spartak we’re out.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #549: Nov 21, 2017 10:38:19 pm
      I’m still in shock. Watched it round my dad’s and even he was in shock and he’s an Arsenal F***ing fan.

Shocked?

I'd be shocked if Juventus did that. Madrid. Barca. PSG.

Liverpool? Nah. Not shocked.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #550: Nov 21, 2017 10:39:16 pm

Not for me.

Hopefully shows how far off we are and inspires a clean out.

Each to their own - I’d much rather we get through, give it our best shot and surprise people (which we’re more than capable of) than a) fail to or b) get pumped to drive signings.

Jesus fellas talk about letting your frustrations get the better of you.......
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,719 posts | 3941 
      Reply #551: Nov 21, 2017 10:39:47 pm
      I'm sure his fan boys will still come on here and tell us how great he was tonight though.

Not a chance. No F***ing way can anyone say that Henderson did one thing positive or even average. He played a 0/10 and that’s a fact.

Worst captain in Liverpool history

Quick Reply