Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Stoke?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (1.1%)
      Joe Gomez
      3 (3.3%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      3 (3.3%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      2 (2.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (2.2%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      24 (26.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (2.2%)
      Dominic Solanke
      2 (2.2%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      51 (55.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Voting closed: Dec 03, 2017 09:57:17 pm

Stoke City 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 25781 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Stoke City 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Nov 30, 2017 09:06:37 pm
      How can you criticise him for being slow off his line when he was precisely the opposite? Just don't get it.

I am calling him out for lying...

Edit: actually, you are right, he wasn't slow off his line(ish), but the point I was trying to make was that  he's full of sh*t!
      « Last Edit: Nov 30, 2017 09:29:49 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,170 posts | 1384 
      Reply #415: Nov 30, 2017 09:25:32 pm
      Probably our inconsistent defending is the only thing that will keep us out of a top 4 place. Good job the attack is on blob Mo Sal is the stand out man without a doubt. But we still need a goal poacher predator type, then we really would be in with a shout.

We defended nearly as bad when Suarez & co took us so close, we are not quite as strong in attack as we were then under Rodgers but we are not that far away.

Its down to the defense to earn their money and do a half decent job, if that happens we might have a chance.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #416: Nov 30, 2017 09:41:07 pm
      I haven't seen it but was Mignolet trying to play for the ball?

He swung his foot towards it, I think just as the stoke player poked it past him to the left.

Hart on the other hand, went full length, didn't really get near the ball and cleaned the player out.

No red for either though, so I guess the rules are being evenly applied.
      Harrisimo

• 8,170 posts | 1384 
      Reply #417: Nov 30, 2017 09:55:24 pm
      Its not a good rule change, it gives the Keeper the option of simply cleaning the player out. If in doubt take him out. Goes against the sporting mentality of the game. Not in the right spirit.

Thought the Mig challenge was a red but he just took the man, but he had that option and that's the deal by the look of it.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #418: Nov 30, 2017 11:17:29 pm
      And if he stays in the team will you and the others finally give it a f**king rest?

Stays IN the team? No. I'll voice my opinion which I'm entitled and I'll express my disappointment/annoyance that we keep fielding a player who isn't fit to captain our club.

Just like his supporters continue to express their joy at Henderson playing for and being skipper of Liverpool FC.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #419: Dec 01, 2017 12:31:58 am
      Stays IN the team? No. I'll voice my opinion which I'm entitled and I'll express my disappointment/annoyance that we keep fielding a player who isn't fit to captain our club.

Just like his supporters continue to express their joy at Henderson playing for and being skipper of Liverpool FC.

Voice whatever you want, it doesn't make it any more valid.

Let's be honest here, if it wasn't Henderson, it would be someone else, for you and the other whiny little fuckers who never have a good word to say about anything, and are always looking for the next target/scapegoat.

I've known Everton supporters who are less F***ing whiny.
      Bitter as F***ing lemons some of you lads.

You and your ilk always look for the bad, never the good.
      A 3-0 away win at Stoke, and we draw with the reigning champions at home, and all you can do is whinge.

You lads need to find a different word than "supporter" or "fan" to describe yourselves, because neither of those is true.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #420: Dec 01, 2017 01:16:38 am

Let's be honest here, if it wasn't Henderson, it would be someone else, for you and the other whiny little fuckers who never have a good word to say about anything, and are always looking for the next target/scapegoat.

I've known Everton supporters who are less f**king whiny.
      Bitter as f**king lemons some of you lads.

A 3-0 away win at Stoke, and we draw with the reigning champions at home, and all you can do is whinge.

You lads need to find a different word than "supporter" or "fan" to describe yourselves, because neither of those is true.

Oh the irony :D
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #421: Dec 01, 2017 03:21:37 am

I've known Everton supporters who are less f**king whiny.
      Bitter as f**king lemons some of you lads.

Yes let's be honest, because your post isn't true, is it?

If there is a negative or if we've played like sh*t then I'll f**king say so. If we've played well, likewise, I'll say so.

I'm not one of these reds who buries my head in the sand and pretends everything is ok or watch games in my rose tinted glasses.

I want liverpool back where we belong. Winning titles.

The likes of Henderson and I can only presume you're referring to lovren and Mignolet who are two other players I often bash, aren't that standard. Those three players have been here a long time now, especially Jordan, and guess what arse wipe, most of that time we've been languishing around mid table.

We have only become a half decent side again since mane and salah have arrived. Two players signed by klopp.

So excuse me for wanting more of klopps own players rather than him persisting with players signed by previous managers who have proven they can't cut it at this level and who consistently let us down.

You can sit in your living room waving your little plastic flag watching the telly saying Go Liverpooooool all you like.

I'll be in my seat scratching my head wondering how we were ranked 1st in Europe only a decade or so ago to now having Mignolet, Lovren and Hendo as our spine and what's worse, fans are sound about it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #422: Dec 01, 2017 06:03:53 am
      Its not a good rule change, it gives the Keeper the option of simply cleaning the player out. If in doubt take him out. Goes against the sporting mentality of the game. Not in the right spirit.

Thought the Mig challenge was a red but he just took the man, but he had that option and that's the deal by the look of it.

Didn't we also have defenders around, hence why Mignolet wasn't given a red.

But It was his first start and if i am correct, did not Steven Gerrard have a stinker of a first start for Liverpool...? And look how he turned out.   ;D

Nope he scored in a 4-1 or 4-0 can't remember which win over Sheffield Wednesday.

Think in next game he played after that he made a goal line clearance which meant we won the derby.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #423: Dec 01, 2017 12:20:04 pm

If there is a negative or if we've played like sh*t then I'll f**king say so. If we've played well, likewise, I'll say so.

I'm not one of these reds who buries my head in the sand and pretends everything is ok or watch games in my rose tinted glasses.

The likes of Henderson and I can only presume you're referring to lovren and Mignolet who are two other players I often bash, aren't that standard. Those three players have been here a long time now, especially Jordan, and guess what arse wipe, most of that time we've been languishing around mid table.

We have only become a half decent side again since mane and salah have arrived. Two players signed by klopp.

So excuse me for wanting more of klopps own players rather than him persisting with players signed by previous managers who have proven they can't cut it at this level and who consistently let us down.

You can sit in your living room waving your little plastic flag watching the telly saying Go Liverpooooool all you like.

I'll be in my seat scratching my head wondering how we were ranked 1st in Europe only a decade or so ago to now having Mignolet, Lovren and Hendo as our spine and what's worse, fans are sound about it.

Of course it's true.
      You and your sort never stop F***ing moaning, and when there's nothing to moan about you invent something.

It's tedious as F**k, repetitive and for the most part, utterly inane.

Bitter as a F***ing lemon.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #424: Dec 01, 2017 12:25:10 pm

Nope he scored in a 4-1 or 4-0 can't remember which win over Sheffield Wednesday.

Think in next game he played after that he made a goal line clearance which meant we won the derby.

Played away at the likes of spurs and derby if i remember before the Wednesday.  Scary to think i was there 18 years ago when stevie came on as sub v blackburn
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      Reply #425: Dec 01, 2017 12:35:11 pm

So let's get this straight, if you don't do a hysterical  outburst running around screaming and shouting asking for everyone to be sold or sacked after heaven forbid a draw at home or an average winning performance you are in denial or not seeting your standards high enough.everyone wants the same goal but the levels of hysteria at times are embarrassing and ridiculous
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #426: Dec 01, 2017 01:04:00 pm
      Of course it's true.
      You and your sort never stop f**king moaning, and when there's nothing to moan about you invent something.

It's tedious as f**k, repetitive and for the most part, utterly inane.

Bitter as a f**king lemon.

What have I got to be bitter about?

In my opinion Henderson, lovren, Mignolet aren't good enough for Liverpool.

You obviously think they are.

'You and your sort' are partly responsible why we've only won one league cup in ten years.

Now run along. Divvy.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #427: Dec 01, 2017 01:27:55 pm
      What have I got to be bitter about?

In my opinion Henderson, lovren, Mignolet aren't good enough for Liverpool.

You obviously think they are.

'You and your sort' are partly responsible why we've only won one league cup in ten years.

Now run along. Divvy.

You'd be F***ing bitter if we smacked in 10 goals a game for the rest of the season, and conceded one.
      You never stop F***ing pissing and moaning.

Everyone gets it; you don't like a couple of players.
      But it's every time you F***ing post, even after we win you have absolutely nothing good to say and instead start ranting about how we only won because Henderson was missing.
      It's a F***ing joke, and so is your so called "support".

I know your sort well, spend the whole match F***ing whinging, cheer a bit if we score, then go back to F***ing whinging.
      Then people wonder why the atmosphere is bad; well it's because of whinging fuckers who think we have a divine right to win, and start spitting their F***ing dummies out as soon as anything goes wrong.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #428: Dec 01, 2017 01:31:10 pm

Yep, I don't like it at all.
      More ambiguity, more chances for the ref to "manage" the game.

But we're stuck with it for now, so no point moaning I suppose, if the refs apply the rule consistently.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #429: Dec 01, 2017 01:47:55 pm
      The triple punishment rule is for referees who leave their balls at home before a game. Adjusting the game for bottling officials is a sin. A red card is a red card no matter where it happens.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #430: Dec 01, 2017 02:05:44 pm
      The triple punishment rule is for referees who leave their balls at home before a game. Adjusting the game for bottling officials is a sin. A red card is a red card no matter where it happens.

Absolutely.

It pisses me off no end when you hear the ref hasn't given a yellow early on in the match (or a red for that matter) because "he doesn't want to spoil the spectacle".
      If it's worthy of a card, it shouldn't matter what stage of the game it happens.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #431: Dec 01, 2017 02:47:18 pm
      You'd be f**king bitter if we smacked in 10 goals a game for the rest of the season, and conceded one.
      You never stop f**king pissing and moaning.

Everyone gets it; you don't like a couple of players.
      But it's every time you f**king post, even after we win you have absolutely nothing good to say and instead start ranting about how we only won because Henderson was missing.
      It's a f**king joke, and so is your so called "support".

I know your sort well, spend the whole match f**king whinging, cheer a bit if we score, then go back to f**king whinging.
      Then people wonder why the atmosphere is bad; well it's because of whinging fuckers who think we have a divine right to win, and start spitting their f**king dummies out as soon as anything goes wrong.

What are you waffling on about?

What are you dick measuring for and trying to be this liverpool ultra?

As I always say, I don't need people like you telling me if I'm a supporter or not. I have a season ticket, I'm in the auto cup scheme and I manage to get to 4/5 aways each season.

I've been doing it for as long as I can remember.

I know what it takes to play for liverpool and I've seen the standard required from other teams who have come to anfield both domestically and in Europe.

The three players im talking about ARE NOT that standard. So yes, you and that fatkopite are deluded if you think otherwise.

I praise us all the time. Go through my posts.

But what annoys the sh*t out of me is people like you who have forgotten what it takes to play for liverpool and you've accepted mediocrity. I'm f**king sick of coming on here and listening to divvys like you speaking so highly of Jordan Henderson as if he is an elite player. He's far f**king from it.

We do have a right of winning. We are liverpool. One of the biggest clubs on the planet and that's exactly my point.

7th place isn't f**king good enough and I'll keep voicing my opinion over and over again. It might not change anything, but it's how I feel as a supporter who goes the match every f**king week putting my wages into the club. Don't like it? F***ing block me then.

Absolute cretin.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #432: Dec 01, 2017 03:41:39 pm

As I always say, I don't need people like you telling me if I'm a supporter or not. I have a season ticket, I'm in the auto cup scheme and I manage to get to 4/5 aways each season.

I know what it takes to play for liverpool and I've seen the standard required from other teams who have come to anfield both domestically and in Europe.

The three players im talking about ARE NOT that standard. So yes, you and that fatkopite are deluded if you think otherwise.

But what annoys the sh*t out of me is people like you who have forgotten what it takes to play for liverpool and you've accepted mediocrity. I'm f**king sick of coming on here and listening to divvys like you speaking so highly of Jordan Henderson as if he is an elite player. He's far f**king from it.

We do have a right of winning. We are liverpool. One of the biggest clubs on the planet and that's exactly my point.

7th place isn't f**king good enough and I'll keep voicing my opinion over and over again. It might not change anything, but it's how I feel as a supporter who goes the match every f**king week putting my wages into the club. Don't like it? F***ing block me then.

Absolute cretin.

As I said, no wonder the atmosphere is sh*te with people like you there who do nothing but piss and moan, full of self entitlement about where we "deserve" to be.

You'd be best off over the park with all the other bitter deluded fuckwits who think they have a divine right to win.

By your own admission, you didn't see the game, but came straight on whinging, pissing and moaning, like you do after every single F***ing match, no matter what the result is.

I did say I didn't see the game so I can't comment on the match.

I'm just not surprised one bit we slapped another side without Henderson playing. Doesn't come as a coincidence to me.

Our stats of us conceding with and without Henderson are there to see. I'd also guess we score more goals without him too? Maybe somebody can confirm?

But yeah, I'm talking bollocks obviously to you hendo fan boys.

I'll tell you what's bollocks. Whoever said - If Henderson was playing he would have brought much calmness and composure and we would have passed it around much better - or words to that effect  :lmao:

But yeah. Keep saying it's people like me who are deluded. We'll soon see once Keita arrives won't we.

The F***ing state of it.

"Most knowledgeable" supporters my F***ing arse.
      « Last Edit: Dec 01, 2017 03:45:43 pm by Swab »
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #433: Dec 01, 2017 04:05:24 pm

Ok maybe not his first start, but definitely his first appearances
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #434: Dec 01, 2017 07:18:53 pm
      It seems to me, if migs doesn’t chop him down, he scores. Should have been a red, but how many have we seen against us not given in the past.
      Expect we’ll see a few more either way before the end of the season as well. Weather the ref bottled it, or wether he thought migs genuinely went for the ball, who knows !
      Let’s just count our chickens on this occasion, we dodged a bullet and got 3 points.
      We’ll soon have one to moan about against us so let’s ssve some energy for that.
      Nothing’s gonna change, be thankful and move on.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      Reply #435: Dec 01, 2017 08:57:41 pm

Absolute cretin.

Where did i comment about individual players in my post ? Stop putting words in my mouth. For what it's worth i don't think amy of the 3 in question are good enough for a title winning team,  there is a difference in thinking that in slaughtering them and the team, manager , owners, tea lady etc to the hysterical levels that some people reach. Would i be happy with 7th no, do we have a divine to win things, absolutely not. No one on here is accepting mediocrity. You talk about dick measuring and then bang on about how many games you go to blah blah blah. The word hypocrite springs to mind. Just because i don't choose to my express my views in the same way as you doesn't mean i don't care as much or even have the same opinions why the hell you think i am deluded is beyond me
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #436: Dec 01, 2017 10:47:03 pm
      Where did i comment about individual players in my post ? Stop putting words in my mouth. For what it's worth i don't think amy of the 3 in question are good enough for a title winning team,  there is a difference in thinking that in slaughtering them and the team, manager , owners, tea lady etc to the hysterical levels that some people reach. Would i be happy with 7th no, do we have a divine to win things, absolutely not. No one on here is accepting mediocrity. You talk about dick measuring and then bang on about how many games you go to blah blah blah. The word hypocrite springs to mind. Just because i don't choose to my express my views in the same way as you doesn't mean i don't care as much or even have the same opinions why the hell you think i am deluded is beyond me

Im not a hypocrite at all. I just don't need anybody on here questioning my loyality or stating I'm not supporter.

Shabs is the type of bellend who will say 'go and support Man City then' if you don't think Dejan Lovren is good enough for Liverpool for example.

So because I don't rate a player or two that means I'm responsible for the anfield atmosphere? What a ridiculous thing to say.

I support Liverpool. Liverpool FC. Liverpool Football Club. I don't support individual players. If they aren't good enough they shouldn't be here, simple. I'm not one of those fans who says awww he's a nice guy and a good professional though so let's give him a shirt.

You've just said yourself the three players in question aren't good enough for a side with title ambitions so why get knickers in a twist over it?

All I originally said was, I haven't seen the game so I can't comment on the match, but it doesn't surprise me that we won the game 3 goals to nil without Henderson in the team.

By all means, somebody shut me up and prove me wrong. I might well be wrong. It just seems to me that we win more without him than we do with him. We seem to keep more clean sheets without him. We even seem to score more goals without him.

Whether I am wrong or not, it doesn't change anything anyway, we are still a mile away from winning the title and it's because we have players like him on our books.

That Shabs goes on about how negative I am but hes involved in some sort of argument every day him. Talks out his arse every week and all he does is argue.

Some of you have forgotten what it takes to play for Liverpool. More of you need a much more ruthless mindset and have to accept that we need to ship some of this garbage out and bring in much better players if you want to see Liverpool winning titles again.

Quick Reply