Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Stoke?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (1.1%)
      Joe Gomez
      3 (3.3%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      3 (3.3%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      2 (2.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (2.2%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      24 (26.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (2.2%)
      Dominic Solanke
      2 (2.2%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      51 (55.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Voting closed: Dec 03, 2017 09:57:17 pm

Stoke City 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 25598 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Stoke City 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Dec 01, 2017 10:55:27 pm
      Im not a hypocrite at all. I just don't need anybody on here questioning my loyality or stating I'm not supporter.

Shabs is the type of bellend who will say 'go and support Man City then' if you don't think Dejan Lovren is good enough for Liverpool for example.

So because I don't rate a player or two that means I'm responsible for the anfield atmosphere? What a ridiculous thing to say.

I support Liverpool. Liverpool FC. Liverpool Football Club. I don't support individual players. If they aren't good enough they shouldn't be here, simple. I'm not one of those fans who says awww he's a nice guy and a good professional though so let's give him a shirt.

You've just said yourself the three players in question aren't good enough for a side with title ambitions so why get knickers in a twist over it?

All I originally said was, I haven't seen the game so I can't comment on the match, but it doesn't surprise me that we won the game 3 goals to nil without Henderson in the team.

By all means, somebody shut me up and prove me wrong. I might well be wrong. It just seems to me that we win more without him than we do with him. We seem to keep more clean sheets without him. We even seem to score more goals without him.

Whether I am wrong or not, it doesn't change anything anyway, we are still a mile away from winning the title and it's because we have players like him on our books.

That Shabs goes on about how negative I am but hes involved in some sort of argument every day him. Talks out his arse every week and all he does is argue.

Some of you have forgotten what it takes to play for Liverpool. More of you need a much more ruthless mindset and have to accept that we need to ship some of this garbage out and bring in much better players if you want to see Liverpool winning titles again.

Shabs is not Swab   :D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #438: Dec 01, 2017 10:59:10 pm

This is awkward
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #439: Dec 01, 2017 11:05:36 pm
      Waiting for Shabs' response now.... :D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #440: Dec 01, 2017 11:07:27 pm
      Im not a hypocrite at all. I just don't need anybody on here questioning my loyality or stating I'm not supporter.

Shabs is the type of bellend who will say 'go and support Man City then' if you don't think Dejan Lovren is good enough for Liverpool for example.

So because I don't rate a player or two that means I'm responsible for the anfield atmosphere? What a ridiculous thing to say.

I support Liverpool. Liverpool FC. Liverpool Football Club. I don't support individual players. If they aren't good enough they shouldn't be here, simple. I'm not one of those fans who says awww he's a nice guy and a good professional though so let's give him a shirt.

You've just said yourself the three players in question aren't good enough for a side with title ambitions so why get knickers in a twist over it?

All I originally said was, I haven't seen the game so I can't comment on the match, but it doesn't surprise me that we won the game 3 goals to nil without Henderson in the team.

By all means, somebody shut me up and prove me wrong. I might well be wrong. It just seems to me that we win more without him than we do with him. We seem to keep more clean sheets without him. We even seem to score more goals without him.

Whether I am wrong or not, it doesn't change anything anyway, we are still a mile away from winning the title and it's because we have players like him on our books.

That Shabs goes on about how negative I am but hes involved in some sort of argument every day him. Talks out his arse every week and all he does is argue.

Some of you have forgotten what it takes to play for Liverpool. More of you need a much more ruthless mindset and have to accept that we need to ship some of this garbage out and bring in much better players if you want to see Liverpool winning titles again.

I know this wasn't addressed to me, but let me start by apologising for doubting your support and your passion.

I just happen to think that the passion you show in defending your opinion would be better supporting the team, but that's just how I see it.
      You admitted you didn't see the game, but the first thing you did was weigh in and call out our Captain, immediately slating anyone who disagreed.
      You insist that your opinion is valid, so why not give other peoples opinion the same respect that you want for your own?
      You can't have it both ways mate.

Cards on the table here;
      Lovren is a very good player, and his problems are between the ears. So many times we see him make a mistake, but instead of getting on with it, he tries so hard to make up for it that he makes more mistakes.

Mignolet, I've always said is a reserve keeper, and I stand by that. We can do better.

Henderson is playing exactly how Klopp wants him to, except he's struggling for form right now. If anyone thinks Henderson just rocks up on matchday and does his own thing, then they are wrong. He plays to instructions. We all know he has more in his locker, but for now he's doing the job Klopp wants him to.
      I happen to think he's underrated, you don't. Fine, move on.

I've been watching Liverpool since the 1960's, I know exactly what it takes to win titles, and I haven't forgotten that it took Shanks 7 years to rebuild his team.
      Nor have I forgotten some truly woeful performances and results.
      I haven't forgotten the crowd boo'ing some players either, most notably, Carra and Lucas.
      That never used to happen.

The difference is that the game has moved on.
      If a player doesn't go to ground to make a tackle these days, it's because the game is different.
      I don't like it, and I prefer the "old days", but comparing now, to the last time we won the league is comparing apples and oranges.

You don't like certain players, I get it, but come on mate, you did yourself no favours with "I didn't see the game, but...."

I'm old school.
      When I first started going, you didn't hear the crowd boo'ing players.
      For one thing, Shanks would never have stood for it, and for another, neither would the people around.
      I've seen people get a clump for saying a player was a w**ker.
      My attitude is simple; while they're wearing the shirt, I'll support them if they are doing their best.
      It's what we've always done as a club; if they give it their all, we show some appreciation, even if we don't think they're good enough.

I think a few more people would do well to remember that this approach is a big part of our clubs traditions.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #441: Dec 01, 2017 11:11:29 pm
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #442: Dec 05, 2017 07:34:43 am
      Didn't we also have defenders around, hence why Mignolet wasn't given a red.

Nope he scored in a 4-1 or 4-0 can't remember which win over Sheffield Wednesday.

Think in next game he played after that he made a goal line clearance which meant we won the derby.

https://twitter.com/lfc/status/937939619051585538

Quick Reply