Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      33 (39.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (3.6%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (3.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (3.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Alex Ox Chamberlain
      5 (6%)
      Dominic Solanke
      0 (0%)
      Mo Salah
      34 (41%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.2%)
      Danny Ings
      1 (1.2%)
      Bobby Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Phil Coutinho
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: Dec 14, 2017 04:33:41 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Neverton: In game and Post Match debate

Read 31949 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,264 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Everton
      Reply #529: Dec 10, 2017 04:22:18 pm
      Questions have to be asked of Klopp it's happened so many times, Migs, Alberto, Lovren. Substitutes all at the wrong times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #530: Dec 10, 2017 04:23:18 pm
      Everyone on Lovren's back again, their forward "won" that penalty by jumping into him(of course it could be argued he could have done better and kept his arm down but it was no penalty), I said in the match thread if we draw or lose I am blaming Sadio if anyone. Oh and another thing, it's got nothing at all to do with the gaffers line up! we absolutely dominated and the tactics were spot on.

The penalty call wasn't wrong. Lovren gave the ref a reason to give it. I'm sick of Dejan Lovren.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,177 posts | 526 
      Reply #531: Dec 10, 2017 04:23:38 pm
      Everyone on Lovren's back again, their forward "won" that penalty by jumping into him(of course it could be argued he could have done better and kept his arm down but it was no penalty), I said in the match thread if we draw or lose I am blaming Sadio if anyone. Oh and another thing, it's got nothing at all to do with the gaffers line up! we absolutely dominated and the tactics were spot on.

Think you need to look at that again fella, the ball was running away from goal, absolutely no need to make the tackle.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #532: Dec 10, 2017 04:23:41 pm
      People blaming Dejan are being ridiculous. He had a great game.
      No he had an OK game until the one time he really had to defend then he had a brain fart
      Tadders

• 6,796 posts | 575 
      Reply #533: Dec 10, 2017 04:23:49 pm
      I can’t remember Solanke doing anything either - the ox? Fucks sake

This all stems back to 3-3 at Sevilla - brainless F***ing defending costs us all the time we can’t rest players in a dead rubber in the easiest cl group ever because we can’t defend
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #534: Dec 10, 2017 04:24:43 pm
      How can you not put it up to the lineup? Yes we dominated but we weren't playing cutting edge football, we barely had any shots on target. We were screaming out for a second goal and the team that was put out simply didn't have enough to get it.

Because we were dominating the game. People are saying it was one of the most 1 sided derby's, we were so comfortable and it was literally a f**k up from Lovren, out of nothing that cost us. He doesn't make that f**k up, we get the win and everyone is suddenly praising the line up and rotation, which when looking back through the match thread, you can see that is exactly what was going to happen.

Unfortunately though, blaming the line up is far too easy for people to do, yet they forget just how in control of the game we were.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #535: Dec 10, 2017 04:25:03 pm
      We gave them a chance with the line up but in the game they had zero chances at all until the penalty, we could have had a comfortable lead regardless of the line up had it not been for greed.

I didn't agree with the line up at the start but the way the game was going, it showed it was more than capable of beating them comfortably, it just so happens that 2 players had two individual moments and it cost us.

Sorry but I am not putting us f**king that up on the line up, that was purely 2 moments from 2 players that cost us that 3 points.

And if our striker could be arsed making himself available. Everytime I saw Solanke he was being marked by 3 players and he just stood there.

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #536: Dec 10, 2017 04:25:09 pm
      I can’t remember Solanke doing anything either - the ox? Fucks sake

This all stems back to 3-3 at Sevilla - brainless f**king defending costs us all the time we can’t rest players in a dead rubber in the easiest cl group ever because we can’t defend

Solanke did what Solanke does hold up play, why we elected for that in a home derby game is beyond me. OX? He actually was probably the best out of the midfield three today, played some nice cross-field passes and was always on the run.
      falkirk_bairn
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #537: Dec 10, 2017 04:25:14 pm
      He didn't make a f*cking tackle that's the point!

Get a grip. How can you defend him.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,177 posts | 526 
      Reply #538: Dec 10, 2017 04:25:38 pm
      He didn't make a f*cking tackle that's the point!

Ok my bad, change tackle to push is that better.
      Arlen Correa
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts | 37 
      Reply #539: Dec 10, 2017 04:26:20 pm
      I dont blame Klopp or the players, was never a penalty, thats just injustice.
      Quoting Marcelo Bielsa:
      - "Guys, it’s very difficult to accept injustice, but listen carefully to what I tell you. If by the end of the championship you play like today, you will receive a reward you deserve. I know that at this point there is nothing to comfort you, I know that you are absolutely broken because you did not receive an award that you deserve. But accept injustice and everything will be alright in the end.
      Swallow the poison now, you have to be strong!"

Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,493 posts | 232 
      Reply #540: Dec 10, 2017 04:26:31 pm
      Our full backs were boss again..Gomez is just incredible and Robbo is coming along very nicely.

We did defend really well and hardly gave them a sniff apart from the contentious penalty.

Our finishing was a let down, it's unusual but we had 23 attempts but only 3 on target. It was a combination of poor shooting and Everton blocking a lot of the shots.

Our defence did not cost us, some people are over reacting.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,363 posts | 1538 
      Reply #541: Dec 10, 2017 04:26:32 pm
      I am would be elated if Lovren and Henderson never play another game for Liverpool

Here here !
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #542: Dec 10, 2017 04:26:35 pm
      Because we were dominating the game. People are saying it was one of the most 1 sided derby's, we were so comfortable and it was literally a f**k up from Lovren, out of nothing that cost us. He doesn't make that f**k up, we get the win and everyone is suddenly praising the line up and rotation, which when looking back through the match thread, you can see that is exactly what it going to happen.

Unfortunately though, blaming the line up is far too easy for people to do, yet they forget just how in control of the game we were.

Exactly. We were SO in control. Never looked like conceding even with Lovren and Mignolet on the field. And then Lovren reminded us not to think so stupidly.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,264 posts | 927 
      Reply #543: Dec 10, 2017 04:26:50 pm
      A game we totally dominated till one of the usual suspects fu**ed and then what, absolutely nothing no fight no urgency absolutely nothing in a game we totally dominated, why didn't we brush our selves down and go again. Wrong subs again the only forward going to win a game today was taken off whils Solanke done nothing shocking mister
      Klopp
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #544: Dec 10, 2017 04:27:32 pm
      Lovren made it easy for the ref, stay a yard off him no pen, he clearly pushed him albeit minimally but enough for the ref to give the pen,
      If Mane squares it we still win, if Joe timed his header he scores, if Ox had his shooting boots on he bursts the net etc etc,

All ifs and buts, we should be sat in 3rd now but simple fact is Lovren cost us 2 points and although not the end of the world it once again highlights the lack of quality in key areas .

YNWA
      With Hope In My Heart
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,280 posts | 184 
      Reply #545: Dec 10, 2017 04:27:33 pm

Spot on.
      falkirk_bairn
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #546: Dec 10, 2017 04:27:41 pm

Not at all. He is also to blame but time and time again Lovren makes a mess of it and he cost Liverpool today.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,264 posts | 927 
      Reply #547: Dec 10, 2017 04:29:26 pm
      One of the few positives to come out of today was Gomes and Robinson, with the exception of Salah the rest were average, including the manager
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #548: Dec 10, 2017 04:29:36 pm
      Can't accept that. Did so well to get a 1-0 lead after Everton's ultra defensive style and we were so so comfortable. I couldn't blame Klopp - for 75 minutes he looked like the master after an eyebrow raising team selection. Firmino and Couts on the bench, leading 1-0 and firm favourites to get a second. Everton were nowhere. Klopp was confident, I was confident even with Lovren and Mignolet on the pitch. This was going to be the ONE game this season where no one was going to let us down and a big checkpoint for both of them in such a tense and furious game of football.

But no. One of the usual suspects conspires to f**k it all up in a game where even I thought we looked bullet proof. Dejan Lovren, despite working hard to make everyone forget his sinful display against Tottenham in recent weeks has thrown up those horrid memories once more.

Yeah - we can argue about the merits of the penalty and blame the referee. But Lovren makes the referees decision much easier than it should have been by conspiring to find himself in that desperate situation in the first place. To the referee's eye, after missing that header, Lovren has lost control of the situation. In his mind it's a blatant penalty and I can understand the refs viewpoint. It's another shocking, costly error, the price of which is mounting even higher.   

And sadly, when we were pegged back at 1-1, despite the fact we had 15 minutes to go, the same ugly problems reared their head. When chasing the win we don't look assured. Henderson, for my mind, had a really good match up until the 75 minutes. Calm, controlled - ok he had all the space in the world to play in but he certainly wasn't a hindrance at 0-0 or 1-0. But when it comes to the crunch, the desire to chase that glorious winner at 1-1 he let us down.  Hard working yes but far too slow and holding onto the ball for far too long when we NEEDED instinct and quick reactions to get that second goal in that last 15 minutes. And then when presented an opportunity to shoot on goal he does vintage Hendo - skied into the Kop.

For 75 minutes today I thought we had cracked it. Klopp thought we had cracked it. Calm, controlled, confident. Klopp just 15 minutes away from being proclaimed a genius on account of his team selection. If we had held out for 1-0 he'd be just that. He's a great manager and prepared to straddle that fine line between genius and folly but sadly, he ends up on the wrong side of that line again. Folly will always win when you have players the calibre of Lovren in your team.

I'm so f**king tired of watching this every week it seems. If it isn't Lovren then the next week it's Mignolet. Both seem to be in a never ending game of pass the dunce hat. This time Lovren proudly wears that crown of sh*t.

It'd make the f**king Chuckle Brothers squirm in embarrassment.

Yeah This ^
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #549: Dec 10, 2017 04:30:22 pm
      Our full backs were boss again..Gomez is just incredible and Robbo is coming along very nicely.

I would put 4 Joe Gomez in defence if it was possible. He'd handle the Lovren pen incident differently I'm sure.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,309 posts | 768 
      Reply #550: Dec 10, 2017 04:31:18 pm
      Think we should have played, our strongest side from the start. Another two points, dropped !
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #551: Dec 10, 2017 04:31:25 pm
      Said it at the time that Mane chance comes back to hurt you and that's exactly what it did.

Quick Reply