Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      33 (39.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (3.6%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (3.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (3.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Alex Ox Chamberlain
      5 (6%)
      Dominic Solanke
      0 (0%)
      Mo Salah
      34 (41%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.2%)
      Danny Ings
      1 (1.2%)
      Bobby Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Phil Coutinho
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: Dec 14, 2017 04:33:41 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Neverton: In game and Post Match debate

Read 32335 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Neverton: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #575: Dec 10, 2017 04:46:50 pm
      F**k me.

I thought we had a knee-jerk thread.

Some awful sh*te getting spouted about players and manager tonight.

Some things never change mate.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #576: Dec 10, 2017 04:50:19 pm
      On the other hand though, the likes of Mane have been contributing so much already this season you would think that at some point they shouldn't feel they need to score more than 3 goals every game to make sure we get the win. At 1-0 up and with Everton having no desire to get out of their own half, it should still have been a comfortable win for us. F**k me, we even fu**ed up at 3-0 up against Sevilla so there's really no indication we wouldn't have fu**ed up if we went 2-0 up today.

Word!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,285 posts | 935 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #577: Dec 10, 2017 04:51:02 pm
      Two issues only
      1) mane should have passed
      2) ref gave a penalty when it clearly wasn’t.
      End of

All bollocks about blaming selection or subs or Lovren are utter rubbish.
      We played brilliantly and were none stop from the first to the last whistle.

Your wrong about Lovren he gave the ref the opportunity to give the penalty the lad was going nowhere to Lovren has his usual brain fart
      stooby
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 339 posts | 10 
      Reply #578: Dec 10, 2017 04:53:06 pm
      The manager got it spot on. We created more than enough to comfortably win but we didn’t. Mane should have passed, etc, etc.
      With the chances we created it could have been a result like our last 2 games.
      Just now it feels like a defeat.
      It should have been so, so much different.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,285 posts | 935 
      Reply #579: Dec 10, 2017 04:55:21 pm
      The manager got it spot on. We created more than enough to comfortably win but we didn’t. Mane should have passed, etc, etc.
      With the chances we created it could have been a result like our last 2 games.
      Just now it feels like a defeat.
      It should have been so, so much different.

But like so many times before it wasn't different it was the same old mistakes over again
      DanRed44
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts | 18 
      Reply #580: Dec 10, 2017 04:55:35 pm
      Absolutely gutted with the result, but thought the performance was good, intensity and workrate was spot on, completely dominated the whole game, played some good football, just the one mistake which we unfortunately have in us, cost us, but we have improved massively compared to a couple of months ago, Gomez and Ox had great games, and Robbo played well again, Salah world class
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #581: Dec 10, 2017 04:55:39 pm
      It's a classic case of play your best starting 11, get a decent sized lead and then rest the likes of Salah & Coutinho. What's annoying is I bet they were rested with the midweek game in mind. He's done it backwards and it's wrong.

You can't play your strongest team consistently when you account for the number of games played these days. It's such a simple English tabloidesque argument the likes of which Danny F***ing Mills would be wanking himself over on Match of the Day. We didn't have Europe last season and when the Christmas period passed we looked thoroughly done for and just about crawled over the line into the CL places. We need a bit more nous in navigating the season this time and Klopp is absolutely correct in his strategy as was Rafa a decade or so ago. To say rotation cost us when we were so dominant and in control is a ridiculous thing to say. Lovren doesn't make the stupidest of errors and then allowing the referee to make a decision is what cost us here.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #582: Dec 10, 2017 04:59:40 pm
      This will happen again and again. We will dominate games but if we are only up by one you cannot trust clowns like Lovren to see it out. 
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Everton
      Reply #583: Dec 10, 2017 05:01:09 pm
      That silly push ruined a good result and three points.

You just can't allow this to happen when a team hasn't been near the goal for 70 minutes. Feels like a loss, Evertonians will be made up with a point, but that point was certainly a gift and will aid their survival.

Merry Christmas, Everton 🎁 🎄
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #584: Dec 10, 2017 05:08:58 pm
      You can't play your strongest team consistently when you account for the number of games played these days. It's such a simple English tabloidesque argument the likes of which Danny F***ing Mills would be wanking himself over on Match of the Day. We didn't have Europe last season and when the Christmas period passed we looked thoroughly done for and just about crawled over the line into the CL places. We need a bit more nous in navigating the season this time and Klopp is absolutely correct in his strategy as was Rafa a decade or so ago. To say rotation cost us when we were so dominant and in control is a ridiculous thing to say. Lovren doesn't make the stupidest of errors and then allowing the referee to make a decision is what cost us here.

Not sure you rest players for this one.

Remember Rafa winning at home to Madrid and Home to United around the same point of the 09 season. There was some rotation but our main hitters were out there.

West Brom at home was the day for rotation. We breazed past the Russians in what was no more rigorous than a training session.

No excuse to rest players, in my opinion it went from about an 90% chance of winning to about 70%.

On another day we would have won, but it gave them a bit more of a chance, a bit more belief and Liverpool being Liverpool we will lose goals and points from nothing as sure as death and taxes.

The mentality was wrong and it would have been if we had won as well. We shouldn't even give these a sniff on our patch.

We're obsessed as fans sometimes at being 'the better team' 'all over them' 'dominating them' but Fat Sam would have been happy 1-0 with 15 to go. I knew they would get a chance.

Klopp changed the game again taking Salah off over Mane who was sh*t all game. We had nothing when he went off and Everton had nothing to lose.

Bad selection, bad subs, bad attitude, bad result. Didn't have to be fatal, we cod have still won, but there was no need for the gamble.
      « Last Edit: Dec 10, 2017 05:13:12 pm by fields of anny rd »
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #585: Dec 10, 2017 05:09:34 pm
      Thought Solanke should have come off earlier for Firmino. Mane chance a big one but Salah and Gomez had chances as well. At 1-0 always susceptible and although very soft penalty he gave the ref a decision when he didnt need to  . Individual errors cost us not the boss.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,285 posts | 935 
      Reply #586: Dec 10, 2017 05:11:14 pm
      Thought Solanke should have come off earlier for Firmino. Mane chance a big one but Salah and Gomez had chances as well. At 1-0 always susceptible and although very soft penalty he gave the ref a decision when he didnt need to  . Individual errors cost us not the boss.

The boss took Salah off and kept Solanke on, and has stuck by Loveren
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #587: Dec 10, 2017 05:14:41 pm
      Not sure you rest players for this one.

Remember Rafa winning at home to Madrid and Home to United around the same point of the 09 season. There was some rotation but our main hitters were out there.

West Brom at home was the day for rotation. We breazed past the Russians in what was no more rigorous than a training session.

No excuse to rest players, in my opinion it went from about an 90% chance of winning to about 70%.

On another day we would have won, but it gave them a bit more of a chance, a bit more belief and Liverpool being Liverpool we will lose goals and points from nothing as sure as death and taxes.

The mentality was wrong and it would have been if we had won as well. We shouldn't even give these a sniff on our patch.

Fair enough and I can definitely see your point. As strange as it sounds though I wouldn't feel that confident playing the team sent out against West Brom at Anfield. The atmosphere would sure have been tuned down quite a bit on Wednesday due to the fact it is West Brom! But I definitely think the team that was sent out today did a really good job and were certainly spurred on by a great atmosphere. The men, women and children in the stands really did a good job to underline just how important the game was and I think they rose to that. It stalled when Salah came off in all honesty and while he's played a lot of games lately I still would have preferred to see him stay on the field. That to me is where criticism of Klopp may seem warranted.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #588: Dec 10, 2017 05:18:05 pm
      2 players cost us that game. Mane and Lovren.
      When you have so much of the ball and the game it's not fair to pick on individual mistake.

Mane fu**ed up!, if he had layed the ball of we were are 2 up.

I don't think Lovern has any blame for the penalty

This is a case where we should of win easily
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #589: Dec 10, 2017 05:19:56 pm

Missed the header and then put his hands on Lewin's back. He has plenty of blame
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,285 posts | 935 
      Reply #590: Dec 10, 2017 05:20:26 pm
      When you have so much of the ball and the game it's not fair to pick on individual mistake.

Mane fu**ed up!, if he had layed the ball of we were are 2 up.

This is a case where we should of win easily

You don't think Loveren has any blame for the penalty...what the f**k. He should be well gone only Klopps stubonness keeps him here
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #591: Dec 10, 2017 05:20:31 pm
      When I heard that sleazy, egomaniac pervert Max Clifford had died in prison I thought it'd be a good day where all sleazy, egomaniac pervs would get their comeuppance.

Maybe next time for 'Big Sam' though.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #592: Dec 10, 2017 05:21:59 pm
      F**k me.

I thought we had a knee-jerk thread.

Some awful sh*te getting spouted about players and manager tonight.

I'd rather we rested some in the next match though myself.

Two teams I absolutely want to see the strongest line up against... Everton and the Mancs.

Give people a rest in the other games, but in any match against these two it's got to be the strongest team.

I think we'd have had a bag full today with the front 4 on, we'd certainly have worked their keeper more.

Like others are saying bag a few goals then take them off.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,285 posts | 935 
      Reply #593: Dec 10, 2017 05:23:00 pm
      When I heard that sleazy, egomaniac pervert Max Clifford had died in prison I thought it'd be a good day where all sleazy, egomaniac pervs would get their comeuppance.

Maybe next time for 'Big Sam' though.

That's a bit strong on Clifford
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #594: Dec 10, 2017 05:24:11 pm
      Lovren might be a footballer if he had a brain.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #595: Dec 10, 2017 05:25:36 pm
      Missed the header and then put his hands on Lewin's back. He has plenty of blame
      It was a very soft penalty - and my honest opinion is Lovern did nothing wrong.

He didn't push him, there is nothing in the rules about placing hands on players
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,326 posts | 773 
      Reply #596: Dec 10, 2017 05:27:34 pm
      My only complaint, why didn't Klopp play his strongest side ? Another f**k up, one way or another !
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #597: Dec 10, 2017 05:29:14 pm

You don't think Loveren has any blame for the penalty...what the f**k. He should be well gone only Klopps stubonness keeps him here
      I have said many times Lovern isn't good enough but I don't think he did anything wrong for the penalty

Quick Reply