Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      33 (39.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (3.6%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (3.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (3.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Alex Ox Chamberlain
      5 (6%)
      Dominic Solanke
      0 (0%)
      Mo Salah
      34 (41%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.2%)
      Danny Ings
      1 (1.2%)
      Bobby Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Phil Coutinho
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: Dec 14, 2017 04:33:41 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Neverton: In game and Post Match debate

Read 31463 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,213 posts | 915 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Everton
      Reply #552: Dec 10, 2017 04:32:03 pm
      Gomez is a centre back but is not being played in that position .....why
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 237 
      Reply #553: Dec 10, 2017 04:33:27 pm
      hendo, lovren, milner should all go..
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,741 posts | 882 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Neverton: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #554: Dec 10, 2017 04:34:11 pm
      Today some people realised Solanke is not a better Striker than Sturridge.
      Tadders

• 6,766 posts | 570 
      Reply #555: Dec 10, 2017 04:35:07 pm
      Think we should have played, our strongest side from the start. Another two points, dropped !

Simple but true. We invited them to get something because that’s what we do. Mane staying on salah off / Solanke doing nothing - klopp is not ruthless
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,629 posts | 6939 
      Reply #556: Dec 10, 2017 04:35:17 pm
      hendo, lovren, milner should all go..

Bang average all three. Wasn't a penalty but saying that it was unsurprising Dejan was 'unluckily involved' again.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #557: Dec 10, 2017 04:35:23 pm
      Opportunity lost today..
      Tadders

• 6,766 posts | 570 
      Reply #558: Dec 10, 2017 04:35:40 pm
      Gomez is a centre back but is not being played in that position .....why
      Klopp prefers lovren
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #559: Dec 10, 2017 04:35:49 pm

All ifs and buts, we should be sat in 3rd now but simple fact is Lovren cost us 2 points and although not the end of the world it once again highlights the lack of quality in key areas

Millions of dollars if those two points are the difference between fourth and fifth. I can't emphasize how sick I am of Dejan Lovren. I don't expect him to be Sami Hyypia, but the pen!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #560: Dec 10, 2017 04:35:59 pm
      Said it at the time that Mane chance comes back to hurt you and that's exactly what it did.

The fact there was a whole second half to make amends and expecting your £100,000 Croat genius in defence to do a simple task makes this point totally irrelevant.
      Redangel

• 8,309 posts | 1004 
      Reply #561: Dec 10, 2017 04:36:44 pm
      Biggest mistake for me was taking Salah off, not Mane. Maybe he had a knock, but it seemed daft to take him off when every time he got the ball Everton sh*t themselves.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #562: Dec 10, 2017 04:37:28 pm
      Agreed, but who were we meant to play instead? Had we gone TAA at RB and Gomez at CB, that still wouldn't have been the right call for a lot of people. Unfortunately, the state our defence is in with terms of players or injuries, it's a limited choice.

That's more than a fair point. IMO dropping unreliable players (Lovren, Mignolet, Henderson etc.) in such big games is easier than dropping our best players like Firmino, Coutinho, Salah etc. and that for me is where Klopp seems to get things mixed up. We may have the numbers in attack but the drop off in talent is bigger from Firmino to Solanke, Coutinho to Chamberlain etc. than the drop off from Lovren to Gomez & Gomez to TAA on the right.

Not saying Lovren is solely to blame for today because that's far from the truth but when you raise your hands into the back of another player in the penalty area then the other player is going to react to that and there's only one thing for the ref to do, give the foul. You can't them complain at the ref for giving a penalty and the same goes for the Henderson pen against Brighton.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,012 posts | 523 
      Reply #563: Dec 10, 2017 04:38:03 pm
      F**k that.

Daylight robbery. Everton were an embarassment. Never tried to play football once in the entire game and somehow we gift them a point.

The penalty was really soft, the ref is a F***ing bellend for giving it. But likewise Lovren is a F***ing bellend YET AGAIN for being an utter F***ing choker who just couldn't keep his head and see out a pretty harmless situation without giving the ref a chance to help them out. I am so F***ing tired of him. Mentally he just doesn't have it and we have got to replace him in in the window.

Mane needs a bollocking for going for glory instead of layin on a tap in. Seeing him smiling about the miss pissed me off at the time - the mentality of "ah well there'll be plenty more chances in this game". How many more times do we have to get burned before we wise up and start thinking like winners instead of also rans?

As for Jürgen? Well, I actually had no problem with the selection. I think Solanke deserved a chance, and the options on the bench were always there if we needed them. The problem was our use of those options. Salah coming off with only 1 goal in it was just bizarre. Coutinho should've been on for Ox way earlier. We needed to get the 2nd cos we know we've got dodgy CBs. Again - how does Jürgen not know this yet? How many times do we have to be taught the same lessons?

Really pissed off with this result because Everton were so sh*te, and it was so easy, and we still managed to throw it away for no reason whatsoever.

And that will no doubt be Lovren back on full cat-on-a-hot-tin-roof mode until the window, with Matip still out. F***ing great.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #564: Dec 10, 2017 04:39:22 pm
      Simple but true. We invited them to get something because that’s what we do. Mane staying on salah off / Solanke doing nothing - klopp is not ruthless

It's a classic case of play your best starting 11, get a decent sized lead and then rest the likes of Salah & Coutinho. What's annoying is I bet they were rested with the midweek game in mind. He's done it backwards and it's wrong.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #565: Dec 10, 2017 04:41:18 pm
      What's annoying is I bet they were rested with the midweek game in mind. He's done it backwards and it's wrong

Thinking the same mate.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,970 posts | 3054 
      Reply #566: Dec 10, 2017 04:42:06 pm
      F**k me.

I thought we had a knee-jerk thread.

Some awful sh*te getting spouted about players and manager tonight.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,213 posts | 915 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #567: Dec 10, 2017 04:42:25 pm
      It's a classic case of play your best starting 11, get a decent sized lead and then rest the likes of Salah & Coutinho. What's annoying is I bet they were rested with the midweek game in mind. He's done it backwards and it's wrong.

Just posted the same under the Klopp thread
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #568: Dec 10, 2017 04:42:45 pm
      What's doing my head in too is we've seen Chelsea get beat and Arsenal draw this weekend before our game. A win today would have seen us jump to 3rd in the table and with a Man United loss would have seen us go 3 points behind them. That should have been a huge motivator. Instead, we only had a 1-0 lead and we sh*t the bed.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #569: Dec 10, 2017 04:43:02 pm
      F**k me.

I thought we had a knee-jerk thread.

Some awful sh*te getting spouted about players and manager tonight.

You mean you don't think Mane and Klopp should be executed aswell?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,970 posts | 3054 
      Reply #570: Dec 10, 2017 04:43:54 pm
      You mean you don't think Mane and Klopp should be executed aswell?

You know me mate - I like a public flogging as much as the next Tory minister, but........
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #571: Dec 10, 2017 04:45:10 pm
      Two issues only
      1) mane should have passed
      2) ref gave a penalty when it clearly wasn’t.
      End of

All bollocks about blaming selection or subs or Lovren are utter rubbish.
      We played brilliantly and were none stop from the first to the last whistle.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #572: Dec 10, 2017 04:45:15 pm
      Look Lovren is sh*t we know that. Klopp has to take responsibility because he decided on VVD or bust and now we barwly have two centre backs to put on a pitch.

Mane though is not sh*t, he was worse he was sellfish and put himself above the team. When that happens alarm bells ring because if you take liberties it will bite you on the arse and it did.

But the only reason that was such a big issue is because we didn't actually creat that much and that was because of Coutinho and Firminos absence. With those two, Salah and Mane we would have blown them away.

I had been looking forward to seeing it all week, but Klopp decided to hold them back.

If we drop points now to West Brom then it's very much gamble failed. But this game had to take precedent. It's Everton and they are our derby. It is a big deal and nothing ahould have been left to chance.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,181 posts | 4403 
      Reply #573: Dec 10, 2017 04:46:12 pm
      Klopp. Easy choice out of that.

Well obviously as he didnt start Sturridge  :D
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #574: Dec 10, 2017 04:46:32 pm
      Said it at the time that Mane chance comes back to hurt you and that's exactly what it did.

On the other hand though, the likes of Mane have been contributing so much already this season you would think that at some point they shouldn't feel they need to score more than 3 goals every game to make sure we get the win. At 1-0 up and with Everton having no desire to get out of their own half, it should still have been a comfortable win for us. F**k me, we even fu**ed up at 3-0 up against Sevilla so there's really no indication we wouldn't have fu**ed up if we went 2-0 up today.

Quick Reply