Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre match : Arsenal v Liverpool : 22nd Dec, 19.45

Read 6976 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Pre match : Arsenal v Liverpool : 22nd Dec, 19.45
      Dec 20, 2017 08:33:16 am
      In theory like Bournemouth a game which should suit the Reds geggenpressing style.

However Arsenal are no mugs at the Emirates and this will be one of our toughest games of the year because going forward they will cause our back line serious concerns.

Wenger made 11 changes for the game last night showing which game he is taking most serious.

Back line picks itself and although Trent and Gomez have been rotating I think Gomez is a better defender and should be picked for this one.
      I would drop Gini for this one and go with the fab 4 and put greater onus on Coutinho for a greater contribution defensively when needed.

Karius
      Gomez
      Lovren
      Klavan
      Robertson

Henderson
      Ox
      Coutinho

Mane
      Salah
      Firmino
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Re: Pre match : Arsenal v Liverpool : 22nd Dec, 19.45
      Reply #1: Dec 20, 2017 09:40:25 am
      I'd be more nervous if we were playing a Stoke or West Brom at Anfield to be honest.

That being said, Arsenal have an excellent home record bar the hiccup against United who had De Gea to thank for the win!

I will be out for this one after work buzzing for Christmas so we better win or that buzz will disappear!  :lmao:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #2: Dec 20, 2017 09:45:55 am
      Going to be a big test - shouldn't forget that we shipped 9 goals at City and Spurs so we've got to go out there and showed we've learnt something from those games.

I'd go same again (unless Lallana is 100% but don't think he will be yet), don't like the balance of the side when all of the the front four play, especially away from home at a top 6 side. Mane will just have to wait for his opportunity.

The four dropped points at home recently means we could really do with a win here but a draw wouldn't be a disaster.
      newguy
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #3: Dec 20, 2017 10:10:12 am
      I'd go:

Mignolet (Id prefer Karius tho)

Gomez
      Klavan
      Lovren
      Robertson

Hendo
      Can
      Cou

Salah
      Firmino
      Mane
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #4: Dec 20, 2017 11:26:35 am
      In theory like Bournemouth a game which should suit the Reds geggenpressing style.

However Arsenal are no mugs at the Emirates and this will be one of our toughest games of the year because going forward they will cause our back line serious concerns.

Wenger made 11 changes for the game last night showing which game he is taking most serious.

Back line picks itself and although Trent and Gomez have been rotating I think Gomez is a better defender and should be picked for this one.
      I would drop Gini for this one and go with the fab 4 and put greater onus on Coutinho for a greater contribution defensively when needed.

Karius
      Gomez
      Lovren
      Klavan
      Robertson

Henderson
      Ox
      Coutinho

Mane
      Salah
      Firmino

Good lineup, I’d be surprised if you aren’t dead on.

We will win this one 2-1.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #5: Dec 20, 2017 11:39:52 am
      It all depends on Ozil and Sanchez, if they continue to play for their transfers then I think it could be a very tricky game, if they don't then we should romp to a win.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #6: Dec 20, 2017 12:01:41 pm
      If we could breach their midfield, they'll be in big big trouble. I don't hope to see Wijnaldum start. he's too slow and took too long to decide what to do with the ball and often goes missing. I would pair Can and Ox.
      Kopite78
      Reply #7: Dec 20, 2017 12:04:01 pm
      If we could breach their midfield, they'll be in big big trouble. I don't hope to see Wijnaldum start. he's too slow and took too long to decide what to do with the ball and often goes missing. I would pair Can and Ox.

Genuinely don't mean this the wrong way but do you ever go live to the match? Or mainly watch on tv?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #8: Dec 20, 2017 12:19:46 pm
      Arse are decent at home but can be got at if the right tactics are employed, going forward they do have a formidable attack but ours is better and more lethal,
      If Wenger has his wits about him he'll ensure his defence are on their toes to try and deter what in essence is the best attack in the league(arguably)

Its in midfield where the game will be won or lost, very tempted to go with the same aka B'mouth, however I'm concerned Hendo won't have the same freedom so i think he'll revert back to DM with Gini & Can alongside, personally i'd stick with Ox but can't see Jürgen being sympathetic and will prefer strength over flare,

Hope he plays Karius ahead of Migs but probably not......

Mignolet
              Gomez  Lovren Klavan Robertson
                               Henderson 
                 Wijnaldom          Emre Can
                                Coutinho
                          Salah   Firmino   

Bench; Karius, Trent, Milner, Ox, Lallana, Mane, Solanke

Heart says we will teach these kunts a lesson in how to attack,
      My head says don't be a cocky kunt and be happy with a 1-2 😉

YNWA       

PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #9: Dec 20, 2017 12:20:06 pm
      I'd go:

Mignolet (Id prefer Karius tho)

Gomez
      Klavan
      Lovren
      Robertson

Hendo
      Can
      Cou

Salah
      Firmino
      Mane

Articulated lorry.

Quick edit.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #10: Dec 20, 2017 12:35:36 pm
      Let's tw*t this cockney sh*te again Redmen!!

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #11: Dec 20, 2017 12:52:20 pm
      The four dropped points at home recently means we could really do with a win here but a draw wouldn't be a disaster.

I'd take a draw. 

We have failed so far in our top 6 away games -  Man City and Spurs - so a point added to the 3 we took off them at home wouldn't be that bad IMO.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #12: Dec 20, 2017 12:52:58 pm
                     Mignolet
               Ox Coutinho Can
             Salah Mané Firminho

This game no rotation, but simply the best we got.       

Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #13: Dec 20, 2017 01:18:30 pm
                     Mignolet
               Ox Coutinho Can
             Salah Mané Firminho

This game no rotation, but simply the best we got.       

This for me, we must not lose.

YNWA
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #14: Dec 20, 2017 02:06:14 pm

Karius
      Gomez
      Lovren
      Klavan
      Robertson

Henderson
      Ox
      Coutinho

Mane
      Salah
      Firmino

Yeah I would play that midfield and attack as well. Good chance to see what Ox is made of against his old team.

Think Jürgen will play Mig instead of Karius, which is ok with me ( although Karius is looking a bit better than he did last season).
      I'm not sure between Gomez and TAA. Gomez is stronger in the tackle etc but he still has a tendency to play people onside - he did again against Bournemouth, when Defoe hit the post. I like him, but he's still learning. Ditto for TAA, but going forward he is more of a threat so I'd maybe go with him.

Jürgen might go with a Crucial 3 rather than the Fab 4, but I'd play them all. I think Coutinho can play in centre midfield for us. At any rate I think we haven't yet found out that he can't.
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15: Dec 20, 2017 02:26:57 pm
      You have to compete in midfield especially between your box to the halfway line. You have to double up on them down the flanks and stay tight thru the middle. You need numbers in there so a solid back 5 would be my choice:

Mig
                                        TAA..................... ...Gomez............Lovr en.........Klaven....... ....Robertson

Can..................Hen derson.........Alex

Salah................Cou tinho

Bit tough on Bob but we need the numbers thru the middle. Alex gives pace from midfield. But I think it will be tight tense game with a lot at stake. We might just be better off keeping a tight close match and try to counter with our pace.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #16: Dec 20, 2017 02:48:31 pm
      You have to compete in midfield especially between your box to the halfway line. You have to double up on them down the flanks and stay tight thru the middle. You need numbers in there so a solid back 5 would be my choice:

Mig
                                        TAA..................... ...Gomez............Lovr en.........Klaven....... ....Robertson

Can..................Hen derson.........Alex

Salah................Cou tinho

Bit tough on Bob but we need the numbers thru the middle. Alex gives pace from midfield. But I think it will be tight tense game with a lot at stake. We might just be better off keeping a tight close match and try to counter with our pace.

Madness, there is no way I would leave both Mane and Firmino out. It has to be full strength.

Mignolet
               Ox Coutinho Can
             Salah Mané Firminho

I would go for this, the only unsure selection is whether Henderson or Can.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #17: Dec 20, 2017 02:54:39 pm
      I'd take a draw. 

We have failed so far in our top 6 away games -  Man City and Spurs - so a point added to the 3 we took off them at home wouldn't be that bad IMO.

Agreed, we’ve been F***ing sh*t away from home against the top boys so far. I’ll take a draw
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #18: Dec 20, 2017 03:09:23 pm
      Agreed, we’ve been f**king sh*t away from home against the top boys so far. I’ll take a draw

In fairness though against Citeh we were competitive until we lost Mane but against Spurs we were sh*te, a really bad day at the office.
      I fancy us to win this one though, just have a good feeling about it, they like to attack and we can exploit that but there will be plenty of goals.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #19: Dec 20, 2017 03:19:41 pm
      We have the momentum and the good form, match is away, fancy us to win this one.
      Would play:

Karius
      Gomez Klavan Lovren Robertson
                  Hendo Gini
             Salah Coutinho Mane
                    Firmino

But think Migs will start.
      Only other question is whether AOC or Mane start. Sometimes players going back to their old clubs can underperform, so would start Mane. In saying that, Jürgen sees them every day, so if Mane's form is way off, maybe AOC gets the start.
      Too early in his comeback to start Lallana. Not sure Can starts based on recent form.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #20: Dec 20, 2017 03:23:15 pm
      This is a massive game one of our direct rivals for top 4.  They are not playing in CL so a huge 6 pointer.  They know that and will be prepared.  We have proven too strong for them under this regime but lets not count our eggs before they hatch.   This is a massive game and 3 points will be gold dust.
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1355 
      Reply #21: Dec 20, 2017 04:40:11 pm
      Madness, there is no way I would leave both Mane and Firmino out. It has to be full strength.

I would go for this, the only unsure selection is whether Henderson or Can.

Well if you think Klopp will play 5 offensive players with Can the only genuine midfielder, I mean well Pip put that team up..

No this is a tough away game against probably our main rival for a top 4 place so we don't want a team that is straight out of * fantasy football*...firstly against these top teams away from home you want to be HARD TO BEAT...and that means  picking a team that is capable of getting a result and not one that goes out there on a wing and a prayer..

Get a draw- nick a win and we have 4/6 points off them.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #22: Dec 20, 2017 04:48:04 pm
      In fairness though against Citeh we were competitive until we lost Mane but against Spurs we were sh*te, a really bad day at the office.
      I fancy us to win this one though, just have a good feeling about it, they like to attack and we can exploit that but there will be plenty of goals.

I had a good feeling about spurs and that went tits up.

Who knows what’s going to happen. Arsenal and their fans will definitely be nervous though which works in our favour.

Quick Reply