Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Pre match : Arsenal v Liverpool : 22nd Dec, 19.45

Read 7032 times
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,989 posts | 516 
      Re: Pre match : Arsenal v Liverpool : 22nd Dec, 19.45
      Reply #23: Dec 20, 2017 10:17:56 pm
      You have to compete in midfield especially between your box to the halfway line. You have to double up on them down the flanks and stay tight thru the middle. You need numbers in there so a solid back 5 would be my choice:

Mig
                                        TAA..................... ...Gomez............Lovr en.........Klaven....... ....Robertson

Can..................Hen derson.........Alex

Salah................Cou tinho

Bit tough on Bob but we need the numbers thru the middle. Alex gives pace from midfield. But I think it will be tight tense game with a lot at stake. We might just be better off keeping a tight close match and try to counter with our pace.

F**kin hell mate, do you think Hodgson is still in charge?

I fancy us to beat Arsenal. They are the softest touch of our big rivals and they don't like teams that hustle them out of their stride.
      Obviously they have talent, but if we come out guns blazing I think we will cause them more problems than vice versa.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,170 posts | 1384 
      Reply #24: Dec 20, 2017 10:35:47 pm
      F**kin hell mate, do you think Hodgson is still in charge?

I fancy us to beat Arsenal. They are the softest touch of our big rivals and they don't like teams that hustle them out of their stride.
      Obviously they have talent, but if we come out guns blazing I think we will cause them more problems than vice versa.

F**king hell mate...can't you see that I have effectively only made one change from the team that beat Bournemouth...and that is TAA in as a wing back/full back, Firmino misses out....Can comes in for Wijnaldum...but the only real change is TAA in at the expense of Bob.

F**king hell mate...Arsenal are a better team than Bournemouth. Klopp may not play the side or the set up I have outlined but he will consider playing 3 across the center with 2 wing backs....but f**king hell mate just because we bang the goals in against poor teams doesn't mean we will just carry on banging them in..we have to actually think things thru when we play one of the top teams in Europe.

Harrisimo

• 8,170 posts | 1384 
      Reply #25: Dec 20, 2017 10:39:02 pm
      I had a good feeling about spurs and that went tits up.

Who knows what’s going to happen. Arsenal and their fans will definitely be nervous though which works in our favour.

Arsenal and Wenger will not be nervous.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #26: Dec 20, 2017 10:47:40 pm
      F**king hell mate...can't you see that I have effectively only made one change from the team that beat Bournemouth...and that is TAA in as a wing back/full back, Firmino misses out....Can comes in for Wijnaldum...but the only real change is TAA in at the expense of Bob.

F**king hell mate...Arsenal are a better team than Bournemouth. Klopp may not play the side or the set up I have outlined but he will consider playing 3 across the center with 2 wing backs....but f**king hell mate just because we bang the goals in against poor teams doesn't mean we will just carry on banging them in..we have to actually think things thru when we play one of the top teams in Europe.

He's not going to pull the trigger to his press in Firmino against Arsenal...might do it against Swansea no way he does against a team that is not going to sit back and will actually play football. He is also not going to play Trent and Gomez at the same time going up against Sanchez and co......expect to see Gomez at FB as part of a back 4 that is not going to be very adventurous; probably only 1 of Gomez/Robinson bombing on with the other one staying home.

They have a soft mid and would expect to see us trying to muscle them so I agree it very well might be Hendo/Can...however I expect to see Coutinho at the tip of the mid-field with Mane Firmino Salah up top if all are fit and firing. He is no way going to play Coutinho as part of a 2 man front line.

He's going to rotate Swansea/LC I think but go full on this match.

The last two matches we played them we have beaten them soundly playing attacking high pressing footy...don't think that is going to change in this match.
      « Last Edit: Dec 20, 2017 10:56:01 pm by AZPatriot »
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #27: Dec 21, 2017 10:50:47 am
      You have to compete in midfield especially between your box to the halfway line. You have to double up on them down the flanks and stay tight thru the middle. You need numbers in there so a solid back 5 would be my choice:

Mig
                                        TAA..................... ...Gomez............Lovr en.........Klaven....... ....Robertson

Bit tough on Bob but we need the numbers thru the middle. Alex gives pace from midfield. But I think it will be tight tense game with a lot at stake. We might just be better off keeping a tight close match and try to counter with our pace.

Terrible team selection.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #28: Dec 21, 2017 10:56:26 am

Glad he isn’t picking the team
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #29: Dec 21, 2017 11:22:46 am
      Manè will be Motm for this, I don't.know why but got the feeling he is going to do something special...
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #30: Dec 21, 2017 11:55:53 am
      I'd play the same line-up that beat Bournemouth. Ox deserves to keep his place and Mane's form has not been so good recently so i'd start him on the bench plus I liked the balance of the Hendo-Gigi-Ox midfield.

It'll be interesting to see if we can maintain our excellent defensive form in the EPL since the Spurs loss. I saw some interesting stats that has us sitting first or second in a range of categories during that time including: Goals conceded, shots conceded, shots on target and opposition touches in our penalty box.

would be massive to win this one but I've got a feeling it'll finish 2-2.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #31: Dec 21, 2017 12:19:00 pm
      I'd play the same line-up that beat Bournemouth. Ox deserves to keep his place and Mane's form has not been so good recently so i'd start him on the bench plus I liked the balance of the Hendo-Gigi-Ox midfield.

It'll be interesting to see if we can maintain our excellent defensive form in the EPL since the Spurs loss. I saw some interesting stats that has us sitting first or second in a range of categories during that time including: Goals conceded, shots conceded, shots on target and opposition touches in our penalty box.

would be massive to win this one but I've got a feeling it'll finish 2-2.

Went for a desmond in the predictor
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #32: Dec 21, 2017 12:48:18 pm

Bobby should be first name on the teamsheet, his work rate alone cements a place on it's own, also why play two LB's next to two CB's and a RB we won't be parking a fookin bus , give it some thought fella, too much negativity and very much a losing mentality.

Are you Pulis in disguise?

YNWA
      Tadders

• 6,723 posts | 566 
      Reply #33: Dec 21, 2017 01:10:38 pm
      someone said it earlier - swansea at home with a new manager will be more difficult than this- I think a high scoring 3-3 draw
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #34: Dec 21, 2017 04:14:38 pm
      I'd say we have to get three points in this one. Last thing we need on a hungover Boxing Day to Swansea is desperation.

All depends on our midfield. If we're sharp enough in the middle, we'll get the three points.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,277 posts | 762 
      Reply #35: Dec 21, 2017 04:33:06 pm
      Just go out and beat the Arse' it would be the ideal Christmas present, for all Reds fans.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #36: Dec 21, 2017 05:25:55 pm
      Can for gini, otherwise same again, sorry sadio
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,437 posts | 1462 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #37: Dec 21, 2017 06:07:08 pm
                       Karius
      Gomez Lovren Klavan Robbo
                      Hendo
                Lallana   Couts
          Salah    Firmino   Mane
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #38: Dec 21, 2017 08:16:06 pm

Mig

Hello Brendan Rodgers, How is it in Scotland? Missing Joe Allen much?
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #39: Dec 21, 2017 09:29:55 pm
      What is all this love for Karius about or did your spouses hack your accounts? Where is some actual proof that Karius is better? Karius played a lot less minutes for us against a lot less quality overall. I still don't trust him.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #40: Dec 21, 2017 11:49:44 pm
      What is all this love for Karius about or did your spouses hack your accounts? Where is some actual proof that Karius is better? Karius played a lot less minutes for us against a lot less quality overall. I still don't trust him.

Quicker off his line
      Quicker to release the ball
      Better kicker
      Pretty much as good at shot stopping

So just those three other things makes him a better keeper.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41: Dec 21, 2017 11:56:47 pm
      Betting Sadio plays from the start.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #42: Dec 22, 2017 02:43:46 am
      Curse of a new fcuking boss. Fat Sam,cnut pardew now this sh*te..? FFS
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6355 
      Reply #43: Dec 22, 2017 03:00:17 am
      Curse of a new fcuking boss. Fat Sam,cnut pardew now this sh*te..? FFS

What are you talking about?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #44: Dec 22, 2017 03:29:17 am
      Mane to score a hat trick.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #45: Dec 22, 2017 03:59:21 am
      Think we are in for a Christmas Cracker of a match.
      One that will showcase the excitement of the premier league and will entertain all non Liverpool and Arse fans but will have both sets of fans bitting their nails.
      Going for a 4-4 classic
      Think klopp may go for three at the back but hope not.
      I would select:
      Mig
      Gomez
      Lovren
      Klaven
      Robertson
      Henderson
      Can
      Coutinho
      Mane
      Firmino
      Salah