Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Simon Mignolet
      4 (4.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      3 (3.3%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (1.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (3.3%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      8 (8.7%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      11 (12%)
      Roberto Firmino
      58 (63%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.1%)
      James Milner
      3 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: Dec 26, 2017 09:47:51 pm

Arsenal 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32619 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Re: Arsenal 3-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Dec 22, 2017 09:55:04 pm
      Robertson to blame for the 3rd goal mate, he loses the ball cheaply from our own free kick and they were away. Tough to pin it on Gomez because the touch from Lacazette was sublime.

Fair enough but he could see Ozil in front of him running and didnt track him after the touch
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4972 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: LIVE: Arsenal v Liverpool
      Reply #369: Dec 22, 2017 09:55:14 pm
      Gutted not to win that after being two up, Gomez switched off for their first was bad enough but forgivable he'll learn from it but again how many more times will Migs cost us points, enough is enough now , I'd now make Karius our no 1 and Ward no2
       We should have won but got the draw so i guess we have to take that although it feels like a loss .

Bobby motm for me , once again he was superb both in defence and attack, Kuyt used to be our Duracell bunny now Bobby has that mantel, What a player he is !

YNWA
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #370: Dec 22, 2017 09:55:32 pm
      Migs played Xhaka's long distance shot poorly, but let's not get ahead: it was his only mistake in the game and stuff like that happens once in a while. In fact his one arm box was alright, he just guessed the ball wrong, but that happens sometimes with these modern balls.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,285 posts | 2805 
      Reply #371: Dec 22, 2017 09:55:43 pm
      Lets also not forget we should  have been 4 up at HT and the forwarda equally as culpable

Not for me. Every team misses chances.

We've scored 3 times at the Emirates, if I were one of the attackers I'd be expecting my defence to help us out and get us over the line if we bag three. Can't be expected to score 4 or more every week - not even City do that.

stuff like that happens once in a while

Not exactly once in a while with Mignolet is it?

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #372: Dec 22, 2017 09:56:16 pm
      The less said about the other goal the better and looking at Ozils goal again he basically shows Ozil over 3/4 of the net truly awful keeper whose time needs to come to an end

Actually thought Jürgen might sub Migs off he looked so shaky.
      That miskick by Ozil that he tapped over ... think Carra said decent touch ... just CATCH the F***ing thing !!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #373: Dec 22, 2017 09:57:03 pm
      Migs played Xhaka's long distance shot poorly, but let's not get ahead: it was his only mistake in the game and stuff like that happens once in a while. In fact his one arm box was alright, he just guessed the ball wrong, but that happens sometimes with these modern balls.

Christ...you sound like Simon Mignolet. You only have to add 'I will learn from this' to that and you'd have transfromed yourself into the complete shitbot he is.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #374: Dec 22, 2017 09:57:18 pm
      I also get mad looking at Carra. You see he cares as little as f*ucking Neville, he should look and talk p*ssed.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #375: Dec 22, 2017 09:58:36 pm
      We should have won but got the draw so i guess we have to take that although it feels like a loss .

Thought going into it we'd win, and we probably should have, but after going 3-2 down, guess will settle for equalising and getting the point. And agree, Bob was really good.
      rossyred

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #376: Dec 22, 2017 09:59:06 pm
      Actually thought Jürgen might sub Migs off he looked so shaky.
      That miskick by Ozil that he tapped over ... think Carra said decent touch ... just CATCH the f**king thing !!

Do you know what I am so  glad he didnt try and catch it with hands like Cows tits
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #377: Dec 22, 2017 09:59:32 pm
      Yeah I understand your point ... I'd rather win ugly than be entertained :)

I don't get why people have to make it so black and white.. there are not two extremes in which a team can play.. the Liverpool entertaining way or the Utd boring one.. City showed it that you can be entertaining and solid at the same time.

God knows what the result whould've been if we would have spent 200mil on the defence in the summer :-\
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,165 posts | 514 
      Reply #378: Dec 22, 2017 09:59:38 pm

I have seen some stupid things said on here, but you take the biscuit, Migs should have saved that all day long he is a liability and has to go.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,194 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #379: Dec 22, 2017 09:59:47 pm
      Lets also not forget we should  have been 4 up at HT and the forwarda equally as culpable

But at least they are trying the keeper words fail me
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #380: Dec 22, 2017 10:00:05 pm
      Klopp needs to really self scout his style. He does more harm than good and I get f*cking p*ssed listening to those Nevilles & Co. talking about an "exciting Liverpool team" and anybody knows it's just code for "bunch of immature losers that excite us in their ways to fail".
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #381: Dec 22, 2017 10:00:28 pm
      Robertson to blame for the 3rd goal mate, he loses the ball cheaply from our own free kick and they were away. Tough to pin it on Gomez because the touch from Lacazette was sublime.

Behave.

Tougher to blame on Robertson down the other flank. Gomez was struggling down that right wing all night.

Gomez is our best right back - Clyne excluded - he just isn’t a right back.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #382: Dec 22, 2017 10:00:55 pm
      Mignolet let us down again...

Gomez has made this mistake before and he needs to improve on that, he was good but this kind of mistakes is unforgivable in big games.

Mane has been poor recently, so many lost balls, inaccurate passes, approximate dribbles... He has let us down often recently (remember Everton). Maybe Klopp should stop dropping him so often.
      rossyred

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #383: Dec 22, 2017 10:02:02 pm
      Not for me. Every team misses chances.

We've scored 3 times at the Emirates, if I were one of the attackers I'd be expecting my defence to help us out and get us over the line if we bag three. Can't be expected to score 4 or more every week - not even City do that.

Not exactly once in a while with Mignolet is it?

Sure we scored 3 but should have been 5 they had two chances and scored 3 so the defence will say they kept their chances to a minimum
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #384: Dec 22, 2017 10:02:10 pm
      Where was Lallana? He was a cornerstone once, now it seems he's pretty deep in the depth chart or did he have another set back?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3393 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #385: Dec 22, 2017 10:02:15 pm
      Don't think Mané was as bad as some reckon but when there is a bandwagon to jump on people seem only to happy to join in. Having said that haved tried to defend migs but that was poor
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #386: Dec 22, 2017 10:02:22 pm
      Do you know what I am so  glad he didnt try and catch it with hands like Cows tits

A set of cows tits in goals? Just suspend them in the middle with a bit of string tied to both posts. Will be like having Gigi Buffon himself in comparison to Mignolet.

God - I just wish Firmino, Salah, Coutinho could have got what they deserved. What I worry is that their excellent efforts in matches like these will continue to go to waste because the usual suspects decide to piss it up against the wall. They would question whether their efforts are better served and better rewarded elsewhere.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6926 
      Reply #387: Dec 22, 2017 10:03:00 pm
      A few on here saying they’d be happy with a draw at the Emirates.

I said a few days before the game I'd take a point after what happened at City and Spurs away.

But I certainly wouldn't have taken a point at half time.

But then I would take a point when we were 3-2 down and looking like we were about to get blown apart.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #388: Dec 22, 2017 10:04:09 pm
      Am I being harsh thinking Mignolet should save the third? When the ball goes by him he is pretty much laying along the ground - surely you’ve got to come out and make yourself big.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #389: Dec 22, 2017 10:04:11 pm

Hahahahahahaha

These modern balls!!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #390: Dec 22, 2017 10:04:15 pm
      Yeah I understand your point ... I'd rather win ugly than be entertained :)

Hmmm, not so sure many would agree with that when managers get accused of parking the bus.  :D

Quick Reply