Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Virgil van Dijk Player Thread (D)

Read 232623 times
      KeepTheFaith and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,348 posts | 2818 
      Re: Virgil van Dijk Player Thread
      Reply #759: Mar 28, 2019 09:03:44 pm
      The reaction to that Gnabry goal where he didn't even get properly beat has been absolutely hilarious.

Any other centre half in the world and they'd be going on about what a great it goal it was (and rightly so, it was a top goal) but everyone seems a bit obsessed with bringing Van Dijk down.

Don't give a F**k myself, just shows we have the best centre half in the world.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #760: Mar 28, 2019 09:31:01 pm
      Mate If read my original post I was say just because others were saying he had a hard time it takes nothing away from how good he is and how good he reads the game... Most defenders are going too find attackers paces, but the good ones, the real good ones find away to deal with them and negate that pace

I wasn't really commenting on your post mate I was just saying what I think about him.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #761: Mar 28, 2019 09:34:15 pm
      I wasn't really commenting on your post mate I was just saying what I think about him.
      Sorry... ;D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #762: Mar 29, 2019 12:28:18 am

It has nothing to do with the amount of football I watch..,

Over what distance were they running...?

I ran 100m for Berkshire and the south of England while at School, I was slow out of the blocks and would often be down over the first 20-25 meters or so, 40-45m level and come the 60 meter mark I would be in front and often be drawing away...
      As in football the distances  traveled when chasing the ball is short, and you can only begin to judge some ones pace over 40 meters or so i.e. If they had ran from the half way line to  lets say about level with the penalty spot outside the goal area and he had kept level with him...

Another example Is Peter Crouch he would out pace most players over the first 10 or 15 meters due to his stride, are you sure that you are not witnessing this in VVD...?

No he wouldn't.

I've seen gone off milk move quicker than Crouchie, and cruise ships turn quicker.

VVD is a pure athlete, he's quick off the mark, strong, quick over distance and has an incredible jump from standing with no run up.
      I don't give a F**k about what he's like over 100 metres, he doesn't have to run it.

This is surreal.
      It's like I've entered the F***ing Twilight Zone.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #763: Mar 29, 2019 04:17:17 am
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #764: Mar 29, 2019 07:58:38 am
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #765: Mar 29, 2019 08:18:06 am

I can't wait for the explanation of how  Willian is generally slow or how Willian had headwind whilst the others had tail wind or some other such bollocks.
      The reality is that VVD is more or less the complete CB, he ticks every single box including speed. He is quite possibly one of the best CB's to have ever played the game and we are incredibly lucky to have him in our team.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #766: Mar 29, 2019 08:24:20 am
      That’s not over the 100 though so don’t count 🙈
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #767: Mar 29, 2019 11:46:19 am

We've got 2 properly rapid CB's who are also excellent players.

That can only be good for us.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #768: Mar 29, 2019 12:24:50 pm
      No he wouldn't.

I've seen gone off milk move quicker than Crouchie, and cruise ships turn quicker.

VVD is a pure athlete, he's quick off the mark, strong, quick over distance and has an incredible jump from standing with no run up.
      I don't give a f**k about what he's like over 100 metres, he doesn't have to run it.

This is surreal.
      It's like I've entered the f**king Twilight Zone.

This still going on.........?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=POzSXzwbwIc
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #769: Mar 29, 2019 01:32:36 pm
      I reiterate, "Would the Real Donovan Ried, please...."
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #770: Mar 29, 2019 09:09:13 pm
      I can't wait for the explanation of how  Willian is generally slow or how Willian had headwind whilst the others had tail wind or some other such bollocks.
      The reality is that VVD is more or less the complete CB, he ticks every single box including speed. He is quite possibly one of the best CB's to have ever played the game and we are incredibly lucky to have him in our team.
      He maybe faster than Gomez and William so it really proves nothing

The top 15 fastest players in the Premier League -2 Sep 2018

Please not there is no mention of Traore of Wolves or VVD of LFC in the top 15 fastest

https://talksport.com/football/417949/fastest-players-in-the-premier-league-this-season-sane-richarlison-aubameyang/

It is funny how I started off my post defending VVD and how I have ended defending my defense of him  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I guess some here have replace their Red Tinted Spec with Red eye ball implants...

VVD is a great player and our best defender, but just because he plays for LFC it does not make him the fastest out their he has limitations,same goes for Klopp and any LFC players; but we are luck to have VVD
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #771: Mar 29, 2019 10:02:31 pm

Please not there is no mention of Traore of Wolves or VVD of LFC in the top 15 fastest

https://talksport.com/football/417949/fastest-players-in-the-premier-league-this-season-sane-richarlison-aubameyang/

It is funny how I started off my post defending VVD and how I have ended defending my defense of him  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I guess some here have replace their Red Tinted Spec with Red eye ball implants...

VVD is a great player and our best defender, but just because he plays for LFC it does not make him the fastest out their he has limitations,same goes for Klopp and any LFC players; but we are luck to have VVD

Nobody has said he is the fastest player around. You did however say he isn’t blessed with pace, that is why you are on the defence, because you’ve been called out on it basically.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #772: Mar 29, 2019 10:47:14 pm
      Well that’s it close the thread he has quoted the gospel of sports science...........talk sport  :lmao:

Have a f**king word with yourself soft lad.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #773: Mar 29, 2019 10:52:34 pm
      Nobody has said he is the fastest player around. You did however say he isn’t blessed with pace, that is why you are on the defence, because you’ve been called out on it basically.

yeah, whatever
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #774: Mar 29, 2019 11:37:29 pm
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #775: Mar 30, 2019 06:33:28 am

"Really proves nothing" or "I don't want to admit, that I'm wrong"
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #776: Mar 30, 2019 08:36:01 am

If you don't see that VvD has exceptional pace for a centre back then you're crazy. I can't find the clip but against Arsenal Aubaumayang (granted with the ball) could not run away from him and ended up being caught.

The 'player speed' charts have been proven to be bogus for what might be a decade now, so using those has no bearing really. The only centre back in the league with more pace than him may well be Joe Gomez.

Your stance is indefensible. Also, you don't keep up with Traore, known for pace and pace alone without being very fast yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0Z3kRD1Am0
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #777: Mar 30, 2019 11:15:55 am

Sometimes it's just easier and a bit more of a grown up thing to do to admit that you were wrong
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #778: Mar 30, 2019 12:01:26 pm
      There are a few lesson i life that you should learn... The most important one's are servility and that you should will not always be right one things you say or think...

Pace is very different from Speed...

It seems to me that you take anything i say about LFC,Players and Manager as a slur and a personal insult "Even" in the case of me trying to defend VVD you take that as a insult...He may have the speed and pace to cope with some but saying VVD is not blessed with paste is hardly insulting him, and in fact in my books shows how talented a defender he truly is....

If players A is not quick over a short distance as players B,C, and  player E is quicker than players A,B,& C how is it at all a slur to state that players B&C are not blessed with pace...?

Unless you are one of them out there that believes that if a decent player signs for the club, has a couple of good games that it makes him "World Class"

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #779: Mar 30, 2019 12:04:38 pm
      If you don't see that VvD has exceptional pace for a centre back then you're crazy. I can't find the clip but against Arsenal Aubaumayang (granted with the ball) could not run away from him and ended up being caught.

The 'player speed' charts have been proven to be bogus for what might be a decade now, so using those has no bearing really. The only centre back in the league with more pace than him may well be Joe Gomez.

Your stance is indefensible. Also, you don't keep up with Traore, known for pace and pace alone without being very fast yourself.

This whole thing is because he doesn't understand you can be good positionally and have pace.

VVD has both, and hopefully Gomez will as well.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #780: Mar 30, 2019 12:20:38 pm

If you are going to put Videos up in defense of VVD first look at the angle of the run Traore make (First stride are toward the touch line before straightening up), secondly VVD starts his run ahead of Traore by at least 8-12 meters and as I stated earlier speed (How quick you can hit your fastest) vs Pace (How long you can maintain that speed) can see a runner come out of the blocks behind but by the end of the race see him a head and going away....

Justin Gatlin lane 7 case in point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxOoPEhy9T8
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #781: Mar 30, 2019 12:25:42 pm
      If you are going to put Videos up in defense of VVD first look at the angle of the run Traore make (First stride are toward the touch line before straightening up), secondly VVD starts his run ahead of Traore by at least 8-12 meters and as I stated earlier speed (How quick you can hit your fastest) vs Pace (How long you can maintain that speed) can see a runner come out of the blocks behind but by the end of the race see him a head and going away....

Justin Gatlin lane 7 case in point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxOoPEhy9T8

The speed of a footballer is not comparable to the speed of a professional sprinter in any way, shape or form.

It's a ridiculous argument, like comparing apples and spaceships.

Quick Reply