Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Virgil van Dijk Player Thread (D)

Read 231475 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Virgil van Dijk Player Thread
      Reply #1587: Sep 02, 2021 09:18:32 am
      Seeing Van Dijkā€™s name be followed by ā€œdislocatedā€ was a second of stress I didnā€™t need. Luckily it was just his finger.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,987 posts | 222 
      Reply #1588: Sep 07, 2021 09:40:17 pm
      Just gone off injured playing for Holland, need to see how serious it is fingers crossed he will be ok
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #1589: Sep 07, 2021 09:43:04 pm
      For F**k sake! Youā€™re having a laugh
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1590: Sep 07, 2021 09:50:42 pm
      Big man is fine.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,243 posts | 1652 
      Reply #1591: Sep 07, 2021 09:52:07 pm
      5-1 up against 10 men surely you would consider taking care of him a bit . Some sources saying should be fine but wouldn't be surprised if not risked against Leeds with Milan in midweek

Looks like all OK thankfully.  Cannot stand international break
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1592: Sep 07, 2021 09:55:14 pm
      He said after the game that heā€™s fine and already over it. Nothing to worry about.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6692 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1593: Sep 10, 2021 01:53:54 am
      JĆ¼rgen chatted to him, he told the Boss he's ready to go..no problems here!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,139 posts | 1084 
      Reply #1594: Nov 15, 2021 01:28:14 am
      Been letting in goals left an right here lately (for club and country). Netherlands sh*t the bed against Montenegro yesterday. Let 2 in the final 8 to tie. He certainly isn't to blame for all these goals the past few games, but atm he isn't the guy who damn near won the ballon a few seasons ago.

I get his injury was bad, but he's had a good recovery and a ton of games to get up to speed. We need this guy to find his form. I think he will, just hope is Saturday and not January ;D.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1595: Nov 15, 2021 02:49:20 pm
      I thought he was excellent against W.Ham and in general has improved a lot over these past months.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1596: Dec 05, 2021 12:53:37 pm
      That pass 😍
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1597: Dec 05, 2021 01:04:51 pm
      it must have been like laying a ghost to rest at Goodison and done in a very punishing way for the blue sh*te especially as Pickford had a nightmare.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,278 posts | 763 
      Reply #1598: Dec 05, 2021 02:06:08 pm
      Great to see him back. at the heart of the defence !
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 850 
      Reply #1599: Dec 17, 2021 06:02:54 pm
      Okay guys so I'm gonna ask this question here because I didn't see any other thread specifically for it (other than maybe the squad one). So if VVD, Fab and Curtis all get a confirmation of their first positive this means they are out for how long?

I'm kinda lost in all this Covid information circus and I'm still working with my initial notions of the whole thing which is: you get a positive = 14 days of isolation which would mean we're not getting VVD or Fab back until what, after New Year or so? (F**k me)

I'm asking because I feel like everyone seems to be awfully relaxed about this (or at least that's the impression I get and actually everybody is just too fed up to care anymore  which is more than understandable if I'm honest) while I'm over here cursing because we lost 2 of our most important players in the spine of the team.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #1600: Dec 17, 2021 06:45:12 pm
      Okay guys so I'm gonna ask this question here because I didn't see any other thread specifically for it (other than maybe the squad one). So if VVD, Fab and Curtis all get a confirmation of their first positive this means they are out for how long?

I'm kinda lost in all this Covid information circus and I'm still working with my initial notions of the whole thing which is: you get a positive = 14 days of isolation which would mean we're not getting VVD or Fab back until what, after New Year or so? (F**k me)

I'm asking because I feel like everyone seems to be awfully relaxed about this (or at least that's the impression I get and actually everybody is just too fed up to care anymore  which is more than understandable if I'm honest) while I'm over here cursing because we lost 2 of our most important players in the spine of the team.

Believe itā€™s 10 days isolation from first symptoms but Iā€™m not sure if they can restart if they have a negative test 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #1601: Dec 17, 2021 07:13:34 pm

I always thought it was 5 days after symptoms pass (if symptomatic) or 10 days after a positive test (if no symptoms) but not sure. Also, I'm sure if they tested negative a couple of times they would likely be cleared. I could definitely be wrong though.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #1602: Dec 18, 2021 02:48:40 pm

7-10 days if vaccinated.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #1603: Dec 18, 2021 03:56:15 pm
      More than coming out of isolation, it is the after effects that might be worrying. Trent took a long time to come back to normalcy. De Bruyne recently gave an interview suggesting the long term impact of the infection.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1604: Dec 20, 2021 08:28:26 am
      More than coming out of isolation, it is the after effects that might be worrying. Trent took a long time to come back to normalcy. De Bruyne recently gave an interview suggesting the long term impact of the infection.

Didnā€™t think it had actually been confirmed he has Covid? Thought it was just an inconclusive test?
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #1605: Dec 20, 2021 09:11:12 am
      Didnā€™t think it had actually been confirmed he has Covid? Thought it was just an inconclusive test?

If it was inconclusive then he would have had a PCR to confirm one way or the other like Pep did this week. The club would have got that done as soon as the inconclusive test came back

If that was negative heā€™d have been back now

Anyway I thought JĆ¼rgen said all apart from Hendo were out with Covid
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1606: Dec 20, 2021 12:17:48 pm
      If it was inconclusive then he would have had a PCR to confirm one way or the other like Pep did this week. The club would have got that done as soon as the inconclusive test came back

If that was negative heā€™d have been back now

Anyway I thought JĆ¼rgen said all apart from Hendo were out with Covid

This was 2 days ago and whilst I may have missed it since, I donā€™t remember seeing anything that has confirmed positive results.

https://twitter.com/lfc/status/1471828748274130946?s=21
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 850 
      Reply #1607: Dec 20, 2021 12:53:13 pm
      This was 2 days ago and whilst I may have missed it since, I donā€™t remember seeing anything that has confirmed positive results.

It can take time to get test results depending on the type of test but it also might be that Klopp and his staff said F**k it and decided them too will be very conservative with the information since it seems most other teams are acting like its a national secret.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #1608: Dec 20, 2021 01:26:55 pm

Canā€™t see it taking that long for confirmation mate, the general public get pcr resilts in 24hrs so Iā€™m sure the football wonā€™t have to wait longer
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1609: Dec 20, 2021 02:57:54 pm
      Canā€™t see it taking that long for confirmation mate, the general public get pcr resilts in 24hrs so Iā€™m sure the football wonā€™t have to wait longer

I donā€™t know, just posting about the situation from what I have seen so far.

Quick Reply