Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Flanagan charged with assault

Read 10193 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Flanagan charged with assault
      Dec 27, 2017 12:12:23 pm
      https://twitter.com/LivEchonews/status/945984361073168384

Got into some trouble but nothing serious.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Re: Flanagan charged with assault
      Reply #1: Dec 27, 2017 12:50:41 pm
      Probably knocked some knobhead Manc out😉
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2: Dec 27, 2017 01:03:13 pm
      Who got chinned by him then ;D
      redclocker
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42 posts |
      Reply #3: Dec 27, 2017 01:20:14 pm

Just seen this, last Friday at 3:20am in Duke Street. What is a professional sportsman doing out at that time anyway? Even if its not a serious incident I'd get rid.   
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #4: Dec 27, 2017 01:48:35 pm
      Just seen this, last Friday at 3:20am in Duke Street. What is a professional sportsman doing out at that time anyway? Even if its not a serious incident I'd get rid.
      I concur. He's got into a drunk fight obviously.
      « Last Edit: Dec 27, 2017 01:54:39 pm by Ribapuru »
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #5: Dec 27, 2017 02:01:03 pm

I would get rid but not for this reason but because we have Gomez, Trent and Clyne in his place.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #6: Dec 27, 2017 04:45:45 pm
      I would get rid but not for this reason but because we have Gomez, Trent and Clyne in his place.

This.
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #7: Dec 27, 2017 09:41:57 pm
      This time last year Bobby drink driving now this,clubs rules not getting through to individuals or learning to behave as pros for this club
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #8: Dec 27, 2017 09:56:57 pm
      Get rid. Not good enough and now making a name for himself for the wrong reasons.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #9: Dec 27, 2017 10:05:35 pm
      Winds me up these type of stories.

Are footballers not allowed to go into town? Do they have to be home before 10pm? He's not a 14 year old girl.

Some blueshite knobhead would have been winding him up, probably got in his face, and flanno has slapped the c**t and somehow comes out the bad guy.

Anybody else see the video of that feller slapping the train window because firmino was on it with his Mrs? That's the type of sh*te they have to put up with and I'd slap people too if they wouldn't let me enjoy a night out with my bird.

Just because he's a footballer doesn't mean he should locked away forever. He's entitled to a night out
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #10: Dec 27, 2017 10:11:00 pm
      Probably seals his fate this, not going to slate the lad, but he was still a representative of LFC and should have considered the consequences of his actions,
      Sort of feel for him tho, home town club, can't get a game, injuries etc easy to understand his obvious frustration,

I hope he can put this behind him quickly, i also hope he can move to a club that offers him a bit of stability and the use of his obvious talent .

All the best Flanno

YNWA
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #11: Dec 27, 2017 10:25:18 pm
      I concur. He's got into a drunk fight obviously.

Nah, he was probably just putting a tackle in :P
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #12: Dec 28, 2017 06:39:35 am
      Probably knocked some knobhead Manc out😉

Keith hasn't been in Liverpool again has he, maybe he was on a spying trip for Maureen.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #13: Dec 29, 2017 05:26:08 pm

Are footballers not allowed to go into town? Do they have to be home before 10pm? He's not a 14 year old girl.

Some blueshite knobhead would have been winding him up, probably got in his face, and flanno has slapped the c**t and somehow comes out the bad guy.

Anybody else see the video of that feller slapping the train window because firmino was on it with his Mrs? That's the type of sh*te they have to put up with and I'd slap people too if they wouldn't let me enjoy a night out with my bird.

Just because he's a footballer doesn't mean he should locked away forever. He's entitled to a night out

bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #14: Dec 29, 2017 05:38:01 pm
      These guys get paid enough to bite their tongue.
      So hard to feel sorry, stupid to get involved.
      Am sure they get training or whatever about dealing with public, interviews and all that sh*t.
      Still, don't know all the details, so benefit of the doubt for now.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15: Dec 29, 2017 07:05:48 pm
      Keith hasn't been in Liverpool again has he, maybe he was on a spying trip for Maureen.

I was but only shopping in the sales.  :lmao:
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #16: Dec 29, 2017 07:16:09 pm

Is he entitled to assault and a police record too?

None of this is good. He gets paid enough. Maybe avoiding this nonsense is a price of his career choice.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #17: Dec 29, 2017 10:50:23 pm
      Is he entitled to assault and a police record too?

None of this is good. He gets paid enough. Maybe avoiding this nonsense is a price of his career choice.

What does his pay cheque have to do with it?  That's why I said these type of stories wind me up so much.

Why should flanno be treated differently because he's a professional footballer?  He's entitled to go into town and have a few drinks like anybody else. Just because he earns thousands a week doesn't mean he can't go to certain places or he has to be in at a certain time.

I'm just speculating but I wouldn't be surprised one bit if a gang of dick heads were provoking him and he eventually snapped.

I earn a decent wedge, and if I was on a night out with my mates or with my mrs and I had some tit in my face then believe me I'd give them a slap as well even though I get 'paid enough' too.

Don't know why it's ok for a bin man  to defend himself perhaps but it's not ok for a professional footballer.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #18: Dec 29, 2017 11:20:43 pm
      Forgetting the incident for now (because we have no idea what happened other than possibly breaking some team rule re hours kept), I would expect Flanagan to want out because he's not getting a sniff of the first team. He shouldn't be content to soak up club salary while he never gets a game. Didn't he turn down a loan in the summer?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #19: Dec 30, 2017 01:00:15 am
      Sometimes the fuckers won’t let you walk away! They only approach you in the sorts place to get a reaction. You can only take so much and if it’s persistent they deserve what they get.
      In those circumstances, there’s sometimes only one way out, and that’s to defend yourself.
      All I wish is if it is due to harassment, hope who he hit got it good and hard.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #20: Dec 30, 2017 11:05:35 am
      Sometimes the fuckers won’t let you walk away! They only approach you in the sorts place to get a reaction. You can only take so much and if it’s persistent they deserve what they get.
      In those circumstances, there’s sometimes only one way out, and that’s to defend yourself.
      All I wish is if it is due to harassment, hope who he hit got it good and hard.

Yep seem to remember a certain Stevie G doing something similar too.

I used to get it every single week in St Helens when I was younger simply because I was Scouse.

99% of the people out there are great fun an can and will have a good night of fun banter and piss taking.

But there is always that 1% minority who just push and push and push in a nasty vindictive way and you end up just having enough.

It's how I met my wife, one of the lads in her group was that dick head in the 1% and I told him and their group about 50 times to to just get the F**k away.

But he wouldn't and then my mates (some were real nasty fuckers when they needed to be) said you need to knock him out.

I still carried on brushing it off but the stupid c**t followed us all the way to the taxi rank giving it the big man.

In the end I said to him no more chances now come at me again with sh*t and I'll knock your teeth out.

Well my now wife must have sensed the change in me going from slightly pissed off but still a bit joking fun guy off his barnet on the garys to no more sh*t mode rage fuelled angry get the F**k away from me now off my barnet gary head.

Anyway she tried to pull him back but he pushed her over and i just lost it and give him a brutal beating in about 7 seconds.

I guess he didn't know I had been practicing wing chun for the past 6 years and was very fast and pretty handy.

Could have been a similar situation for flanno. Or he could have been the dick head haha.

Oh and in case you wanted to know, I got arrested and the girl he pushed over walked over to the police station with her mates and gave a statement telling them that he had been pushing me all night and it was his own fault.

Been with her ever since, now married with 4 kids haha.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #21: Dec 30, 2017 11:29:08 am
      What does his pay cheque have to do with it?  That's why I said these type of stories wind me up

He is in contract and he gets paid. Part of that contract will stipulate that he has to be an example and his conduct to be exceptional.

So Yes, his career requires that he keeps himself out of this nonsense. He is happy to take the money (for doing nothing) so he ought to be content to live it too.

Just like the police force require you to be in good conduct out of work too as part of the contract.

Have to see what details come out of this one.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #22: Dec 30, 2017 11:30:57 am
      Yep seem to remember a certain Stevie G doing something similar too.

I used to get it every single week in St Helens when I was younger simply because I was Scouse.

99% of the people out there are great fun an can and will have a good night of fun banter and piss taking.

But there is always that 1% minority who just push and push and push in a nasty vindictive way and you end up just having enough.

It's how I met my wife, one of the lads in her group was that dick head in the 1% and I told him and their group about 50 times to to just get the f**k away.

But he wouldn't and then my mates (some were real nasty fuckers when they needed to be) said you need to knock him out.

I still carried on brushing it off but the stupid c**t followed us all the way to the taxi rank giving it the big man.

In the end I said to him no more chances now come at me again with sh*t and I'll knock your teeth out.

Well my now wife must have sensed the change in me going from slightly pissed off but still a bit joking fun guy off his barnet on the garys to no more sh*t mode rage fuelled angry get the f**k away from me now off my barnet gary head.

Anyway she tried to pull him back but he pushed her over and i just lost it and give him a brutal beating in about 7 seconds.

I guess he didn't know I had been practicing wing chun for the past 6 years and was very fast and pretty handy.

Could have been a similar situation for flanno. Or he could have been the dick head haha.

Oh and in case you wanted to know, I got arrested and the girl he pushed over walked over to the police station with her mates and gave a statement telling them that he had been pushing me all night and it was his own fault.

Been with her ever since, now married with 4 kids haha.

Love a bit of Wang Chung me....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V-xpJRwIA-Q

Quick Reply