Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Flanagan charged with assault

Read 10187 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Re: Flanagan charged with assault
      Reply #69: Jan 04, 2018 11:38:03 pm
      OK I'm starting to get a much better understanding of you now, condoning assault against woman with the if she didn't report it then it can't be serious bullshit. I don't give a f**k if he was pissed or not a real man never ever lays a hand on a woman, only cowards and bullies do that and to condone it or try to brush it under the carpet is not much better in my opinion.

Flanagan should be released from his contract with immediate effect, he's f**king useless to us anyway.

You literally have no idea what happened and neither do I.

You have no idea if his girlfriend was aggressive in any way or hit him first.

I haven't condoned anything you weirdo.

The cps have the footage of what happened and despite this he won't be facing any serious punishment.

His bird hasn't pressed charges and she's stayed with him.

So no, it doesn't appear THAT serious. This is a one off incident so I won't label him as a wife beater like you have. 

They've had a row and he's taken things too far. He's made a mistake and let himself down. For the reasons above he deserves a second chance in life and not thrown under a bus by people like you who are sat behind your pc screen being a judgmental little tw*t.

Bet you've been an angel all through your life haven't you?

If his bird can forgive him then let him get on with his life. I bet he's apologised like F**k and will try and make it up to her the best he can. Good luck to them.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #70: Jan 04, 2018 11:41:38 pm
      What would have been the reaction if he had been a first team regular ?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #71: Jan 05, 2018 12:34:52 am
      You literally have no idea what happened and neither do I.

You have no idea if his girlfriend was aggressive in any way or hit him first.

I haven't condoned anything you weirdo.

The cps have the footage of what happened and despite this he won't be facing any serious punishment.

His bird hasn't pressed charges and she's stayed with him.

So no, it doesn't appear THAT serious. This is a one off incident so I won't label him as a wife beater like you have. 

They've had a row and he's taken things too far. He's made a mistake and let himself down. For the reasons above he deserves a second chance in life and not thrown under a bus by people like you who are sat behind your pc screen being a judgmental little tw*t.

Bet you've been an angel all through your life haven't you?

If his bird can forgive him then let him get on with his life. I bet he's apologised like f**k and will try and make it up to her the best he can. Good luck to them.

Well I've never hit a woman or defended anyone who has, can you say the same?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #72: Jan 05, 2018 01:02:03 am
      Well I've never hit a woman or defended anyone who has, can you say the same?

Not defending him. Just don't think we should lock him up and throw away the key like you do.

Dont think it's fair to label him as a wife beater for what appears to be a one off, drunken incident that was seen in public either.

He's a made a mistake, a bad one, his bird has forgiven him and doesn't even want to press charges against him. Whatever punishment he receives will be minor. So the incident wasn't brutal or serious.

If his bird can forgive him, then I don't see why anyone else can't. You don't even know the bloke or anything about him. You don't know me or anything about me either or the type of work and things I see on a daily basis so I'd think before you type.

Hopefully nobody in your life gives you a second chance for when you finally slip up in your angel like ways.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #73: Jan 05, 2018 01:38:19 am
      Not defending him. Just don't think we should lock him up and throw away the key like you do.

Dont think it's fair to label him as a wife beater for what appears to be a one off, drunken incident that was seen in public either.

He's a made a mistake, a bad one, his bird has forgiven him and doesn't even want to press charges against him. Whatever punishment he receives will be minor. So the incident wasn't brutal or serious.

If his bird can forgive him, then I don't see why anyone else can't. You don't even know the bloke or anything about him. You don't know me or anything about me either or the type of work and things I see on a daily basis so I'd think before you type.

Hopefully nobody in your life gives you a second chance for when you finally slip up in your angel like ways.
      Certainly not my place to judge anyone's sins...have plenty of my own. I hope all parties involved can move forward and be healed.

HOWEVER...there do need to be consequences for heinous acts and putting your hands on a woman (or another human for that matter) in my opinion is a heinous act. As a well known employee of the club, he puts the club's reputation at risk by doing something like this which is why the club shouldn't mess around in dealing with it (whatever that looks like). Honestly I think it would be easy enough for them to tell him to kick rocks. But if you set a precedent you better make sure you are willing to stick to it no matter if it's a bit player like Flanno or a star player.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #74: Jan 05, 2018 10:22:13 am

I think I've got a pretty good read on you and I don't like what I see to be honest, little things like referring to woman as birds are a bit of a giveaway. Here's a tip, try to drag yourself out of the 60's mentality and join us in the slightly more enlightened 21st century, I think after you adjust you might like it, so might your partner, assuming you have one.
      As for do we throw away the key, I say yes, not because of the severity of the incident but because it shows a serious character flaw in the person and therefore player and that isn't good, plus he's a crap defender now anyway who will never properly come back from his injuries.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #75: Jan 05, 2018 06:15:47 pm
      I think I've got a pretty good read on you and I don't like what I see to be honest, little things like referring to woman as birds are a bit of a giveaway. Here's a tip, try to drag yourself out of the 60's mentality and join us in the slightly more enlightened 21st century, I think after you adjust you might like it, so might your partner, assuming you have one.
      As for do we throw away the key, I say yes, not because of the severity of the incident but because it shows a serious character flaw in the person and therefore player and that isn't good, plus he's a crap defender now anyway who will never properly come back from his injuries.

Blimey Heimy you never use slang when your out or chatting ?

Birds, blokes, geeza, boilers....even birds use slang when talking about us blokes it doesn't mean your a Neanderthal knucklehead who should be dragged into the 21st century.

Strange call that one mate.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #76: Jan 05, 2018 07:55:01 pm
      What would have been the reaction if he had been a first team regular ?

He's surplus to requirement now to the mob , as far as i'm concerned he's a club asset i don't know when his contract expires but it's worth something so i can't see the club sacking him. If he was to get himself sorted and got back to regular starter playing out of his socks you wouldn't hear a murmur about this court case from them.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #77: Jan 05, 2018 08:30:44 pm
      "He without sin cast the first stone"...
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #78: Jan 06, 2018 12:53:30 am

You've got a pretty good read on me? Funny that because out of all my 'likes' you're probably about 25% of them.

I've never spoken to you in my life and you don't know anything about me.

I'm from Liverpool. Referring to a woman (and in particular somebody's girlfriend) as a 'bird' is common here believe it or not. It's not offensive.

I was born in 1987. I don't have a 60s mentality. From the sounds of it, it's you who has the older generation mentality.

I do have a partner. Don't ever bring her up in one of your petty little arguments to me again. I wouldn't mention your family so don't f**king talk about mine.

Right so you've said yourself the crime isn't severe so why don't you jog on then?

C ya

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #79: Jan 06, 2018 04:46:35 am

I'm from Liverpool. Referring to a woman (and in particular somebody's girlfriend) as a 'bird' is common here believe it or not. It's not offensive.

Those damn offensive Beatles.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0yZrawWtk4
      JJANT
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #80: Jan 06, 2018 12:43:33 pm
      So you are equating Suarez taking a nibble of another player the same as Flanno kicking seven bells out of a young female?
      wow first of all biting someone is assault something he's done more than once so don't try and downplay it and second her gender is irrelevant to the severity of the assault both are wrong
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #81: Jan 17, 2018 11:31:05 am
      How is he still employed by LFC?

This is what the judge said

'This is an unpleasant episode... as we have discussed at the previous hearing this was not just a single act in that few minutes it was a matter of this lady going to the floor twice and you used your foot on her on one occasion.

If that does not constitute gross misconduct I don't know what does

Kopite78
      Reply #82: Jan 17, 2018 11:34:19 am
      How is he still employed by LFC?

This is what the judge said

'This is an unpleasant episode... as we have discussed at the previous hearing this was not just a single act in that few minutes it was a matter of this lady going to the floor twice and you used your foot on her on one occasion.

If that does not constitute gross misconduct I don't know what does

I'd imagine the club don't want to and are advised against getting involved until the case is heard in court fully and a judgement is passed

You'll notice nothing has been said, no two week fine or anything.

I'd imagine once legal proceedings are completed you'll hear from the club
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #83: Jan 17, 2018 11:51:31 am
      You've got a pretty good read on me? Funny that because out of all my 'likes' you're probably about 25% of them.

I've never spoken to you in my life and you don't know anything about me.

I was born in 1987. I don't have a 60s mentality. From the sounds of it, it's you who has the older generation mentality.

I do have a partner. Don't ever bring her up in one of your petty little arguments to me again. I wouldn't mention your family so don't f**king talk about mine.

Right so you've said yourself the crime isn't severe so why don't you jog on then?

C ya

You were more or less saying that you had no issue with him attacking his partner because it just happens and because she didn't complain then its no big deal. I'm sorry and I don't care how many people agree with you and give you upvotes on that point, but I don't and I never will agree that it's no big deal to repeatedly kick a woman or a man or child unless its last option self defence, and it does speak badly of your character that you make apologies for Flanagan's behaviour and I would think that quite a few Scousers would want to distance themselves from your views on this, I'd certainly hope so anyway.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #84: Jan 17, 2018 11:53:41 am
      I'd imagine the club don't want to and are advised against getting involved until the case is heard in court fully and a judgement is passed

You'll notice nothing has been said, no two week fine or anything.

I'd imagine once legal proceedings are completed you'll hear from the club

IF found guilty, and the evidence looks fairly damning at this stage, then the club must terminate his contract with immediate effect, I'd be shocked if Jürgen, if not the owners, don't insist on that.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #85: Jan 17, 2018 11:53:59 am
      I would imagine that's the end of him at LFC not that he would have got a game anyway.

https://twitter.com/livechonews/status/953584528089600000
      « Last Edit: Jan 17, 2018 11:58:25 am by HScRed1 »
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #86: Jan 17, 2018 12:11:23 pm
      Bad tit.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #87: Jan 17, 2018 12:11:50 pm
      Blimey Heimy you never use slang when your out or chatting ?

Birds, blokes, geeza, boilers....even birds use slang when talking about us blokes it doesn't mean your a Neanderthal knucklehead who should be dragged into the 21st century.

Strange call that one mate.

Complete waste of time replying to the nobhead.
      His attempted wind ups really do insult the intelligence.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #88: Jan 17, 2018 12:15:23 pm
      Winds me up these type of stories.

Are footballers not allowed to go into town? Do they have to be home before 10pm? He's not a 14 year old girl.

Some blueshite knobhead would have been winding him up, probably got in his face, and flanno has slapped the c**t and somehow comes out the bad guy.

Anybody else see the video of that feller slapping the train window because firmino was on it with his Mrs? That's the type of sh*te they have to put up with and I'd slap people too if they wouldn't let me enjoy a night out with my bird.

Just because he's a footballer doesn't mean he should locked away forever. He's entitled to a night out

Sorry bro, disagree. Of course he's allowed a night out or two, but not getting drunk in public. He's not only an ambassador for the club, but a role model for thousands of youngsters in the city. Gotta be on your best behavior in public at all times. I know that's a huge task to ask, but that's the price of fame, fortune and the privilege to play for a club like LFC these days. You can't hold a pro footballer to the same standards as the likes of you and I.

We live in a modern era and the modern professional sportsmen have to learn to cope with the pressures like this, and the provocations from village idiots when out in town. if he is to go out in town, learn to walk away from these idiots no matter how much the guy deserved to be punched in the face. Gotta grow up, be a man and rise above it. That's how top players prosper.

Such a shame, he's put his career in jeopardy, got himself a criminal record and tarnished the club's name.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #90: Jan 17, 2018 02:34:05 pm
      Complete waste of time replying to the nobhead.
      His attempted wind ups really do insult the intelligence.

Hey there stalker, how's it going, still a miserable git I see with an unhealthy obsession about me.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #91: Jan 17, 2018 02:38:09 pm

Quick Reply