Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Daniel Sturridge (Southampton/Inter Milan/Sevilla)

Read 54263 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Daniel Sturridge (Southampton)
      Reply #115: Jan 23, 2018 05:06:24 pm
      No way should he go on loan, cask only for me
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #116: Jan 23, 2018 05:35:31 pm
      Exactly we are far, very far away from a crisis. If Bobby and/or Ox get injured they would more than likely join Sturridge in the treatment room anyway. We do however have quite a few other players who could step in and fill the gaps, we do after all have quite a few midfielders and attacking talent so in seriousness, no panic, relax.

You do realise WAHS was saying the complete opposite?

If we let Sturridge go and Bobbie gets injured we have Solanke, a raw unproven kid, as our starting CF.

Not a position any club with winning aspirations should be in.

Had enough of that under H and G with N'Gog as next in line if Torres got injured.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #117: Jan 23, 2018 08:29:03 pm

If we let Sturridge go and Bobbie gets injured we have Solanke, a raw unproven kid, as our starting CF.

Had enough of that under H and G with N'Gog as next in line if Torres got injured.

Mane or Salah could also play in Firminio's position, plus you are forgetting Ings and also if push really comes to Holgate also Woodburn.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #118: Jan 23, 2018 08:35:22 pm

But if we don't let Sturridge go, who's to say he'll be fit to start or even be on the bench?

Sell, I'd rather give Solanke the chance to impress or give Ings a go now he's fit.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #119: Jan 23, 2018 09:04:27 pm
      Mane or Salah could also play in Firminio's position, plus you are forgetting Ings and also if push really comes to Holgate also Woodburn.

Haven't forgotten Ings at all mate. Decent Premier League player who again isn't anywhere near the same level as anyone he'd replace in our front three.

But if we don't let Sturridge go, who's to say he'll be fit to start or even be on the bench?

Sell, I'd rather give Solanke the chance to impress or give Ings a go now he's fit.

Fair enough point regarding his injury record but he's fit at the moment mate and has a proven track record.

I wanted us to buy another striker in the summer as I feared an injury would leave us very light.

Haven't changed my mind on that and I just think a club in the latter stages of the CL and and looking to finish as high as possible in the league needs more options than a raw kid and an average League striker.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #120: Jan 23, 2018 09:20:36 pm
      I wanted us to buy another striker in the summer as I feared an injury would leave us very light.

Haven't changed my mind on that and I just think a club in the latter stages of the CL and and looking to finish as high as possible in the league needs more options than a raw kid and an average League striker.

Agreed.  We were short of quality competition at ST in the summer.  That lack of quality depth has gotten worse with Phil's sale.  I honestly can't believe we are going to sit back and do nothing but watch as Arsenal sign Auba -- a proven world class ST who can also play on the wing.  They've already got Miki in the bag.  If they add Auba this window, I'm going to have real concerns that they (or maybe even Spurs) will overtake us in the league.  Then we're out of the top 4 and back in Europa League.

Same sh*t, different window.  1 step forward, 2 steps back....
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #121: Jan 23, 2018 10:17:33 pm
      We always team shot two or three players really have top team
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #122: Jan 23, 2018 10:18:37 pm
      We always team shot two or three players really have top team

Think its time for u bed.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge (Southampton/Inter Milan/Sevilla)
      Reply #123: Jan 24, 2018 11:00:30 am
      I have been wanting us to buy another striker for the last 2 seasons, and I'd still like us to ( I say again - Dries Mertens has a £25m release clause).

However the situation has been alleviated a fair bit by Salah coming in and basically having the instincts of a striker. He is the prolific goal scorer we've missed since Sturridge and Suarez. And if Bobby gets injured, Salah is now our next choice to play that position. Ox takes the right wing, and we are still ok. Our only real problem is if Salah himself gets injured. then we don't have a prolific goal scorer. But still Bobby and Mane mean it wouldn't be disastrous.

So, basically, while I'd still be looking for another striker, it is less urgent than it was. Since Sturridge is always injured, and is probably behind Ings and Solanke in the pecking order now even if he's fit ( cos his pace has gone), I would happily put him out on loan. If Inter are paying a fee for this, plus all his wages, that seems like a pretty decent deal to me. I've said before we will be lucky to get more than a few million for Sturridge if we sell him, so getting something for loaning him is fine with me.

The worst that can happen is that he is back with us at the end of the season having been injured throughout his time on loan. So pretty much what we expect if he stays here too. I think it is fair enough for Inter to want to have a look at him before thinking about buying. I sure as hell would too.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #124: Jan 26, 2018 10:16:15 pm
      No Italian club will buy him. It's always loan with the option of buying and they never buy in serie a. I'd rather we hold on to hi. And wait for some deadline day desperation.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #125: Jan 27, 2018 12:32:39 pm
      Still no word on whether Studge is staying or going.
      If he's named tonight, would think he'll be staying - which would be strange, if he wants to play in the WC, cause the only outside chance of him getting games is if Firmino gets injured, and even then Jürgen might stick Salah in the middle instead. Or Ings who it looks is ahead of him now in the pecking.

Days have surely got to be numbered now. UNLESS he goes on loan somewhere and completely transforms into a guy with more pace, covers more ground, starts scoring again - and stays fit longer than a chicken's micky.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #126: Jan 27, 2018 12:47:22 pm
      Still no word on whether Studge is staying or going.
      If he's named tonight, would think he'll be staying - which would be strange, if he wants to play in the WC, cause the only outside chance of him getting games is if Firmino gets injured, and even then Jürgen might stick Salah in the middle instead. Or Ings who it looks is ahead of him now in the pecking.

Days have surely got to be numbered now. UNLESS he goes on loan somewhere and completely transforms into a guy with more pace, covers more ground, starts scoring again - and stays fit longer than a chicken's micky.
      a loaf of crap right there. If sturridge is on form he gets rorated, we have a load of games left and Coutinho has gone. If he's not on form why would England even want him? Loan has naff all to do with his chances. How often do players go on loan to sit on bench? Like all the time.
      « Last Edit: Jan 27, 2018 01:00:05 pm by Ribapuru »
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #127: Jan 27, 2018 01:16:18 pm
      a loaf of crap right there. If sturridge is on form he gets rorated, we have a load of games left and Coutinho has gone. If he's not on form why would England even want him? Loan has naff all to do with his chances. How often do players go on loan to sit on bench? Like all the time.

If someone is willing to take him and pay his wages, they have plans to play him. If he has any chance to play in WC, he needs to play games. It's not rocket science.
      He's not getting his game with us - OK, he 'might' get the odd one, but that's it. He's fallen down the order in recent times.
      Plus, its only a matter of time before he's crocked again.
      For all his ability, he's contributed next to nothing since the end of last season.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #128: Jan 29, 2018 02:05:34 pm
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #129: Jan 29, 2018 02:16:03 pm
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #130: Jan 29, 2018 03:22:05 pm
      I thought we was holding out for 30 mill

now its a run down your contract loan.

we seem to be easy to shaft, we still got Bogdan and Markovic on our books too
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #131: Jan 29, 2018 04:54:03 pm
      I must admit my first thoughts after letting Coutinho leave and then watching us lose to numbers 19 and 20 in the league table was; i really hope we lose another forward option.

Never mind though because if by some freak occurrence one of our forwards misses a game for the rest of the season we have proven class in Danny Ings and Dom Solankie to fall back on.

Spoilt for F***ing choice.

:oranje: :oranje: :oranje:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #132: Jan 29, 2018 04:58:22 pm
      If only we could get rid of our sh*t players as easily as our quality players.

Sturridge was nowhere near good enough to start anymore but I still think he could contribute with a few goals here, a few assists there during the season.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #133: Jan 29, 2018 06:37:25 pm
      If only we could get rid of our sh*t players as easily as our quality players.

Sturridge was nowhere near good enough to start anymore but I still think he could contribute with a few goals here, a few assists there during the season.

Exactly, he was a decent option. Fair fucks to move him on if a replacement is brouggt in, but all we are doing is weakening our hand further.
      Kopite78
      Reply #134: Jan 29, 2018 06:54:42 pm
      Exactly, he was a decent option. Fair fucks to move him on if a replacement is brouggt in, but all we are doing is weakening our hand further.

Mental isn't it

We sell one of our best players, then we sell another option

How does that help us?
      Apparently a 1.5m loan fee.. so a million and a half and maybe a 2m wage saving.

What benefit for Liverpool football club?

We are down to Ings and Solanke as options if we have an injury

I love Klopp but I'm genuinely annoyed with him over this window, all we have done is weaken ...
      So we have options but they can't be done until the summer? So force them, why can we sell our best and a backup but can't force others to do so?

So we can hardball if they feel they have with   coutinho but won't pay over for a target? You can't have it both ways if we want to be successful?

So we hardballed Barca? But won't be hardballed? Who's happier? Barca and their fans or us and ours? Who's improved? Barca or us?

Or we can't be hardballed because we rolled over for Barca?
      Again they can't have it both ways

So Sturridge isn't often fit? He's fit now..  what if he only plays 6 more games for us? It's 6 more than he plays if he's at Newcastle or Inter Milan or whatever. There he can do nothing that benefits Liverpool football club

I was bouncing coming through December..  I'm flat as a pancake coming out of January

Both Klopp and FSG have let us down badly over the last two windows

We were told we had 150m to spend in the summer regardless of outgoings.
      Now we've sold Coutinho and Sturridge going as option from our attacking options of 12 months ago having only brought in Salah and a very very raw kid who's never scored a senior goal in football and hadn't played a senior minute until he got here

One step forward two steps back

I can't see anything other than us going backwards again over the next 4 months and that's sh*te

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #135: Jan 29, 2018 07:58:32 pm
      With the way this window is turning out, we’ll end up 6th at seasons end...
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #136: Jan 29, 2018 08:00:09 pm
      Title should be 'Daniel Sturridge (Southampton/Inter Milan/Sevilla/Newcastle/WestBrom)'
      He's a bit of a slut ;)

Why'd he go for WB ahead of Newcastle ?
      Would've thought he'd be more likely to get playing time with Rafa?  WB have Rodriguez in good form.

What's the bettin he starts banging them in and there's a meltdown in here ...
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #137: Jan 29, 2018 08:17:30 pm
      No way tight arse Newcastle are going to pay all his wages.

Quick Reply