Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Ticket Price Freeze

Read 1953 times
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Ticket Price Freeze
      Jan 04, 2018 01:42:44 pm
      Not sure if this is right forum (mods move as needed)

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/286253-liverpool-fc-to-freeze-ticket-prices-for-2018-19

Excellent news for the fans (as lets face it, no club is going to cut ticket prices, so a freeze is best you can hope for)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Ticket Price Freeze
      Reply #1: Jan 04, 2018 01:43:47 pm
      If right  ... again well done FSG.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2: Jan 04, 2018 02:12:50 pm
      Call me a cynic and to be honest I hate looking at it cynically but

Why have they announced this now? Good news story?

Season ticket renewals don't happen until April

Like i say it may be my cynical nature but I'm also involved in PR and this strikes me as a good news story at the right time let's just say
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #3: Jan 04, 2018 02:29:25 pm

Like i say it may be my cynical nature but I'm also involved in PR and this strikes me as a good news story at the right time let's just say

I agree the timing is a bit suss to say the least

Race is on now for Can v Coutinho first departure to be announced

Kopite78
      Reply #4: Jan 04, 2018 02:36:20 pm

There's been loads of research done about when to release a good news story in relation to a bad news story

Basic rule of thought is that if you release the bad news first then the  good news is just swallowed

So if in this example (being a cynic on it)
      If we announce Phil is gone and then the price freeze, the price freeze gets no traction because of the fume

If you release the price freeze first and then the  sale, along with other 'leaks' then even within the fume the good news is in people's minds as it's been there before. So the desired reaction would want to be that they didn't have a choice  (leaks) and that they are doing well by us.. You  know , they are freezing the price on tickets and stuff.

Can't believe they sold Phil... but sh*t what choice did they have.. they're alright though, not milking us on ticket prices and stuff
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #5: Jan 04, 2018 02:36:52 pm

Corballyred (formerly of this parish 😉) has been all over that on Twatter.......
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #6: Jan 04, 2018 03:53:15 pm
      A decision that should be welcomed.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #7: Jan 04, 2018 03:54:46 pm

It's not really good news story is it?still way to F***ing expensive for the ordinary match goer.There's no reason why the fuckers couldn't drop the lowest priced tickets.And to be fair there's a case to be made that getting 130 million odd for that stroppy Brazilian would be the good news story!  ;)
      Kopite78
      Reply #8: Jan 04, 2018 04:12:45 pm
      A decision that should be welcomed.

Agree. I just wonder the timing. A decision like this wouldn't be 'made' now, it would be within a 2/3/4 year plan. But it's 'announced' now

Welcomed though Yeah, I know what I'm paying next year.

It's not really good news story is it?still way to f**king expensive for the ordinary match goer.There's no reason why the fuckers couldn't drop the lowest priced tickets.And to be fair there's a case to be made that getting 130 million odd for that stroppy Brazilian would be the good news story!  ;)

Yeah... but never gonna happen so I would never expect it
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,415 posts | 3408 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #9: Jan 04, 2018 04:20:17 pm
      Corballyred (formerly of this parish 😉) has been all over that on Twatter.......

Following corbs on Twitter myself, going to do himself an injury
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #10: Jan 04, 2018 04:21:45 pm
      Agree. I just wonder the timing. A decision like this wouldn't be 'made' now, it would be within a 2/3/4 year plan. But it's 'announced' now

I remember the ticket price protest at Anfield was in the winter wasn't it so I just assume that Jan/Feb is when they announce it.

Maybe I'm wrong?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #11: Jan 04, 2018 04:23:35 pm
      Following corbs on Twitter myself, going to do himself an injury

The only thing that’d ever hurt Corbs was if he got caught off-guard smiling.........

He’s not so much “glass half empty” as “some c**t has poisoned the half they’ve left”....

His heart is in the right place I believe.

Anatomically 😉
      Kopite78
      Reply #12: Jan 04, 2018 04:28:50 pm
      I remember the ticket price protest at Anfield was in the winter wasn't it so I just assume that Jan/Feb is when they announce it.

Maybe I'm wrong?

It was the Sunderland game in the Feb of 2016 if I remember rightly

I'd be surprised if that's a year on year decision though. Tv deals, sponsorship deals etc aren't a rolling 12 month arrangement and I wouldn't think ticket prices are either

Like you say it's good news, I'm just a cynic with big business timing of announcements 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #13: Jan 04, 2018 11:50:31 pm
      They announce something like this and the conspiracy theories still come out.

Kopite78
      Reply #14: Jan 05, 2018 08:49:24 am
      They announce something like this and the conspiracy theories still come out.

Ben (I think)  don't get me wrong I'm not having a go at them, I'm really Not. It just gave me a wry smile.

I work in this type of business and I'm telling you it's no coincidence

I'm pleased they're doing it, I personally am not an fsg hater, I know why they're here and I also think there are many many worse owner in football.. may be there are better (in a sense) but there are definitely worse

I personally just don't like being treated like we're idiots, the timing is clear and as i said earlier there has been thousands of research studies done in this type of business about when to release certain news releases.

My season ticket renewal is April  time, why not release it just prior to that? Within any business you have strategic roles that choose when to and how to  drip feed news.. I guarentee you that the people who make these decisions are fully behind when to make these announcements to have the maximum effect

It's good news, I'm not saying it isn't, it just strikes me a commercial release of news at this time. If I worked for them and the marketing/commercial people came to me and said we're going to release this news in January. I'd advice against that in any January window let alone with the coutinho story.. I'd advise that it could always look as pr. That novemeber/December or late Feburary onwards strategically is the better time.
      But that's just my opinion

If you want to take that as me having a go at them, by all means do but I'm not because I also guarantee you that John Henry, Tom Werner or Mike Gordon don't make these decisions on releasing this information now, it will all be left with the commercial brand leaders, marketing and strategic group within the club

Those I personally a bit disappointed in because I think it's such basic business practice, I thought they'd be smarter

It was an observation. I dont understand at times on here why we can't just discuss things, that was all i put it on for, if anyone wanted to discuss it, it wasn't meant as a pop, I said it was me being a cynic. I just dont understand why people have to read things so black and white.
      Oh you've said that, you hate them and are having a go
      Or even an element of.. Yeah fair point but I think its coincidence, like JD did and made the absolutely fair point of saying about the ticket protest a couple of years ago
      « Last Edit: Jan 05, 2018 09:01:40 am by Kopite78 »

Quick Reply