Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Firmino and Holgate

Read 47302 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: Firmino and Holgate
      Reply #92: Jan 07, 2018 10:30:33 am
      I think given the fact that the Referee was standing between them the whole time, and would therefore have heard what was said, this should be cleared up pretty quickly.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,687 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #93: Jan 07, 2018 10:36:59 am
      :D Thats is the funny part..by the part of Brazil that Firmino comes from hes mixed Portuguese + native people. Thats why some people are confused sometimes, because he looks like someone from an asian island.

He's the same colour as the c**t for sure or darker.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #94: Jan 07, 2018 10:47:43 am
      also Puto or Putos in Portugal means Boy, Children

True but we don't use "puto" with that meaning in Brazil - we actually find it quite funny when we hear it being used in Portugal ;D
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #95: Jan 07, 2018 11:21:36 am
      We didn't need this not now in the midst of the Coutinho saga.

FA charged Suarez without any proof it was based on evidence provided by Evra so it's irrelevant really whether or not there is video footage of him calling him that.
      Kopite78
      Reply #96: Jan 07, 2018 11:23:51 am

FA charged Suarez without any proof it was based on evidence provided by Evra so it's irrelevant really whether or not there is video footage of him calling him that.

But even they can't do it without somebody else hearing it.

There was the ref between them.. so if Holgate heard it then must have done.

There were also another 2 players around it.. one from each side.

If none of them heard anything and nothing can be seen there's no way they can charge on one man's word
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #97: Jan 07, 2018 11:37:24 am

The ref was right there though!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #98: Jan 07, 2018 12:50:36 pm

If none of them heard anything and nothing can be seen there's no way they can charge on one man's word

They did with Suarez though mate.

A bit hazy the recollection of the incident but I vaguely recall Madley mouthing the words to the effect of he didn't hear it.

Again with the Suarez incident Evra was given the opportunity to raise a formal incident/report with ref something i think Holgate did at half time.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #99: Jan 07, 2018 12:55:18 pm

Let's be quite honest with ourselves here, in the eyes of both the FA and the English press, Firmino is guilty until proven innocent, and in the absence of any will be found guilty.
      Kopite78
      Reply #100: Jan 07, 2018 12:56:21 pm
      They did with Suarez though mate.

A bit hazy the recollection of the incident but I vaguely recall Madley mouthing the words to the effect of he didn't hear it.

Again with the Suarez incident Evra was given the opportunity to raise a formal incident/report with ref something i think Holgate did at half time.

Suarez admitted calling him negrito.

The FA didn't take context or culture into effect in that case

Unless someone else heard something too, and the ref will be the main witness being stood in between them or Bobby admits something I can't see a case in this one

I could always see why they could have a case on Suarez whether I agreed or not.

I can't with Bobby unless someone heard something

Let's be quite honest with ourselves here, in the eyes of both the FA and the English press, Firmino is guilty until proven innocent, and in the absence of any will be found guilty.

I'm Not going to be that paranoid on it.

Surely they will ask their referee if he heard anything. If not they can't go anywhere
      Harrisimo

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #101: Jan 07, 2018 12:57:58 pm
      But surely the issue is how the FA treat the claim. In the Suarez case they banned him for 8 games for making reference to Evra's colour.

That's why in my posts I said we need to know what Firmino said whilst Kenny is blocking our view. The words Firmino used BEFORE that, can be seen and have been interpreted and those word are clearly not racist.

The crux of this case then is clearly what was said during the " Kenny block". And that is precisely when Holgage reacts. If Firmino said anything in English then there are witnesses. If he spoke in his native tongue - Portuguese throughout, it will come down to the "Kenny block"

But even then the Ref, Kenny and Lallana would still be vital witnesses as they should be able to say roughly what Portuguese words were used.

I am not trying to pin the blame on anyone, I'm just saying that when you go up against the FA you can't leave them to judge.
      « Last Edit: Jan 07, 2018 01:03:03 pm by Harrisimo »
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #102: Jan 07, 2018 12:59:12 pm
      Suarez admitted calling him negrito.

The FA didn't take context or culture into effect in that case

Unless someone else heard something too, and the ref will be the main witness being stood in between them or Bobby admits something I can't see a case in this one

I could always see why they could have a case on Suarez whether I agreed or not.

I can't with Bobby unless someone heard something

I'm Not going to be that paranoid on it.

Surely they will ask their referee if he heard anything. If not they can't go anywhere
      Hope your right but I'm not sharing your optimism.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #103: Jan 07, 2018 01:16:49 pm
      So it’s evident that words were spoken, an accusation looks to have been made. If it becomes clear that nothing Racist was said, will Holgate get charged with making a false accusation of racism, to deflect from his original offence of assaulting Firmino ?
      I would personally hope so. And if a racist comment carries an eight match ban, then a deliberate false accusation should carry the same sentence ! Minimum.
      Harrisimo

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #104: Jan 07, 2018 01:29:23 pm
      Suarez admitted making reference to Evra's colour. The FA made a ridiculous statement in their verdict saying " Suarez damaged the image of English football around the world"...Then gave John Terry a ban half the length of Suarez's ban, even tho John Terry an English man, and an England captain...was caught on camera making racist remarks during a match.

So the FA will need to be 100% convinced Firmino made no reference to colour and even then they will come up with some concocted reference to some kind of incitement charge or anything they can think of.

They will give Holgate a 3 match ban but I doubt they will clear Firmino of any blame. They might concoct a charge of excessive retaliation. Wouldn't be surprised.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #105: Jan 07, 2018 05:45:29 pm

Haha not a great lip reader there. He said "cê tá louco?", not "és maluco?". They both mean the exact same ("louco" and "maluco" are synonyms), but the latter phrase would've been too formal (the use of "és") for a Brazilian.

Anyway, one thing is for sure though, the part caught on camera was awfully easy to understand and was no big deal.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #106: Jan 07, 2018 05:48:49 pm
      Holgate crying wolf deserves a huge punishment. Accusations like this cannot be thrown around lightly. 5 game ban minimum.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #107: Jan 07, 2018 07:55:14 pm
      Holgate crying wolf deserves a huge punishment. Accusations like this cannot be thrown around lightly. 5 game ban minimum.

They won't though, they won't even force him to apologise. They'll just chalk it up as a mistake that they dragged someone's name through the mud. Shithouses.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,213 posts | 915 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #108: Jan 07, 2018 08:29:42 pm

If that is the case with Firmino, then this time we don't put up with the F.A. One sided whitewash so to speak, we take them to court were they will have to prove beyond reasonable doubt what Holgate has accused Firmino off
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #109: Jan 08, 2018 03:50:50 am
      I can see us getting fu**ed over by the FA again, here. cu*ts
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6374 
      Reply #110: Jan 08, 2018 04:02:28 am
      Reports saying Madley put in his report that he didn’t hear what Holgate claimed was said.

If true that should be case shut.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #111: Jan 08, 2018 06:58:44 am
      Reports saying Madley put in his report that he didn’t hear what Holgate claimed was said.

May depend on whether he just didn't hear what was said, or if he heard what was said and it wasn't what Holgate claimed.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #112: Jan 08, 2018 08:16:01 am
      Ref was right there, did nothing, so f**k all should come out of this apart from the world now knowing Holgate is a C**t.

Ian you are far too kind in your description of Holgate as a c**t,he is far worse than that.Without a doubt the tw*t should of been sent off for that dangerous deliberate push/shove in the back on our Bobby.How I wish for a Tommy Smith type player to deal to the likes of Holgate.
      Redangel

• 8,309 posts | 1004 
      Reply #113: Jan 08, 2018 09:25:11 am
      Just had a quick glance at some of their forums, my God what a truly pathetic lot they are. My advice is steer clear if you don’t want your blood pressure to go sky high!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #114: Jan 08, 2018 12:57:59 pm

That is indeed case closed, he was standing right there and if he didn't hear it then it wasn't said and we can move onto punishing Holgate for violent conduct and endangering spectators.

Quick Reply