Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Firmino and Holgate

Read 47324 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Re: Firmino and Holgate
      Reply #138: Jan 10, 2018 01:05:59 am
      Oh oh, oh....seeing reports on Twitter that Holgate is going to be charged by the FA for homophobic tweets....anyone got any other info?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #139: Jan 10, 2018 01:48:53 am
      He gives the penalty away which we score, firmino makes him look like an idiot a few minutes later and takes the ball from him, he then sees his arse and purposely pushes firmino into the crowd, firmino then reacts and gets in his face, he's worried now thinking he could be sent off so he stoops to the lowest levels of low and accuses him of racism.

The referee didn't hear firmino use any racist language even though he was standing in between both players, no other player on the pitch did, no camera shot has picked it up and professionally trained lip readers have denied any racist language used too.

Firmino will be cleared no question about it but the FA won't make an example out of Holgate because it will completely damage the kick it out campaigns which they've worked tirelessly on for years now. If Holgate was punished by way of ban or fine it would stop other black players coming forward.

Absolute disgrace from Holgate and Everton FC.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #140: Jan 10, 2018 02:14:06 am
      Is Bobby still hanging out in Cyprus rather than with the squad in Dubai?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #141: Jan 10, 2018 04:38:19 am
      Oh oh, oh....seeing reports on Twitter that Holgate is going to be charged by the FA for homophobic tweets....anyone got any other info?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/mason-holgate-facing-ban-threat-over-homophobic-tweets-z8dkh3xd5

How lovely!!!!
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #143: Jan 10, 2018 05:48:34 am
      If he's lied then he's a massive c**t but seriously? A ban for that?

The Andre Gray controversy was justified. His tweets were shocking. But this...?
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #144: Jan 10, 2018 07:16:44 am
      There's 80 pages on this on one of the bitter forums. They really are a sick, twisted, and obsessed bunch.

They are also saying on there Holgate shouldn't be charged as he was a minor at the time.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,409 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #145: Jan 10, 2018 07:42:42 am
      Is Bobby still hanging out in Cyprus rather than with the squad in Dubai?

The squad are back in the uk
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #146: Jan 10, 2018 07:57:55 am
      Got to say my initial thought was that Holgate was wound up and misheard or misunderstood what Bobby was saying. If he really did fabricate it that is shockingly stupid and damaging to those people who do genuinely suffer racist abuse in the game.

The homophobic thing is separate and should be dealt with as such.

Whatever happens with the racism allegation and the homophobic tweets, Holgate has to get banned for instigating it all by endangering a fellow professional with a completely unnecessary push.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #147: Jan 10, 2018 08:04:15 am
      Got to say my initial thought was that Holgate was wound up and misheard or misunderstood what Bobby was saying. If he really did fabricate it that is shockingly stupid and damaging to those people who do genuinely suffer racist abuse in the game.

The homophobic thing is separate and should be dealt with as such.

Whatever happens with the racism allegation and the homophobic tweets, Holgate has to get banned for instigating it all by endangering a fellow professional with a completely unnecessary push.
      if you were in China and heard a Chinese person talking Chinese language would you think they are being racist? He obviously did it to avoid being sent off to shift the focus off himself. Really surprised people are so gullible they can't understand that for themselves. As for Firmino, I'm guessing that this has shook him enough to say he'll be unprepared for Man City and since Coutinho has gone, expect Solanke starting.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #148: Jan 10, 2018 08:07:09 am
      There's 80 pages on this on one of the bitter forums. They really are a sick, twisted, and obsessed bunch.

They are also saying on there Holgate shouldn't be charged as he was a minor at the time.

Age of criminal responsibility is 10 😳
      No getting away with that line.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #149: Jan 10, 2018 08:14:52 am
      Age of criminal responsibility is 10 😳
      No getting away with that line.

Age 10 that would be about Holgates mental age,also the ref should not escape any charges for not RED carding Holgate.
      Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1390 
      Reply #150: Jan 10, 2018 08:15:26 am
      If you look closely at the footage, in the aftermath the Ref can be clearly seen to be saying " I didn't hear anything" and points toward his ear. On about the 50 second mark of the video, just as Milner goes over to the Ref and Holgate is complaining. So whatever Bob said , the bit we can't see as Kenny is blocking the view, could not have been in English, as the Ref would've heard it and understood it.

The FA might do Bob for excessive retaliation as when he dashes back on the Ref has to get in his way to stop him getting at Holgate. They will ban Holgate for the push. But they probably won't do him for lying as he could just say " I misunderstood".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqlpSYDe7p0

« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2018 08:20:37 am by Harrisimo »
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #151: Jan 10, 2018 08:37:56 am
      Doesn't seem like the nicest of people, now with these homophobic tweets have come out it just shows what kind of person he really is, like others have said he will not get done for lying as he can say he misunderstood, however clearer trying to injure a player by sending him flying in to the stands is as bad as a high footed challenge so a 3 game ban would be justified.
      Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1390 
      Reply #152: Jan 10, 2018 08:47:16 am
      Doesn't seem like the nicest of people, now with these homophobic tweets have come out it just shows what kind of person he really is, like others have said he will not get done for lying as he can say he misunderstood, however clearer trying to injure a player by sending him flying in to the stands is as bad as a high footed challenge so a 3 game ban would be justified.

Once the dust has settled on this Everton should get shut. He's more trouble than he's worth. Borderline devious for sure.

The Suarez case was totally different in that Suarez admitted making reference to Evera's colour. The FA would need some form of corroboration of Holgate's claim. Failing that they will have to dismiss his allegation. And as I pointed out, the footage shows the Ref saying he didn't hear anything.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #153: Jan 10, 2018 09:17:31 am
      if you were in China and heard a Chinese person talking Chinese language would you think they are being racist? He obviously did it to avoid being sent off to shift the focus off himself. Really surprised people are so gullible they can't understand that for themselves. As for Firmino, I'm guessing that this has shook him enough to say he'll be unprepared for Man City and since Coutinho has gone, expect Solanke starting.

No gullibility here, I can believe he might have reacted as he did to deflect attention from his actions, which as I said deserved a straight red there and then.

That said, there is an element of doubt. It's clear bobby speaks first in Portuguese, and then says something after, when Kenny's head is in the way. If the ref didn't hear anything then it seems like nothing serious was said, which leaves two options, either holgate misheard or has made it up.

Either way the little sh*t needs to be banned for instigating the whole thing with the unnecessary and dangerous push.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #154: Jan 10, 2018 09:20:43 am

Yes you are guessing and I have no doubt he will start.

Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #155: Jan 10, 2018 09:39:18 am
      Holgate is a n*b jockey..

He got embarrassed and lost his head.

He was desperate for Bobby to do something equally as stupid and he never.

It wasn't a premeditated accusation of racism, it was absolute desperation thinking he was going to get sent off. All in 0.3 seconds he was praying Bobby evened it up or said something.

I honestly thought he was exaggerating the whole spitting thing when the word "puta" was said..

If Bobby poked him with a finger he'd have dropped.

If he'd have gone forehead to forehead with Holgate he'd have dropped like Amir Khan.

ANYTHING, please Bobby do something but, he never and this is why he looks muggy..   
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #156: Jan 10, 2018 09:41:43 am
      You can see the concentration on his face when he's looking for ANYTHING that can help him be a fake victim..

Embarrassing..
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #157: Jan 10, 2018 10:08:42 am
      Anyone seen the recent H&M advert? I have black friends embarrassed with how people are over reacting to it.

If people cry wolf over every little thing and especially when there is no racism at all, we have a new problem!
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #158: Jan 10, 2018 10:36:32 am
      Anyone seen the recent H&M advert? I have black friends embarrassed with how people are over reacting to it.

If people cry wolf over every little thing and especially when there is no racism at all, we have a new problem!

I saw the image and couldn't see anything wrong at first, then when I realized I could see what the fuss was about but in all honesty it is innocent, yet someone somewhere decided to take offence to it and now people are jumping on the bandwagon.

like yourself I have a black friend who cannot stand the over reaction to these sorts of things, its not something meant to cause offence or hurt anyone, the people who take offence to these things cause more trouble.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #159: Jan 10, 2018 10:49:54 am
      I saw the image and couldn't see anything wrong at first, then when I realized I could see what the fuss was about but in all honesty it is innocent, yet someone somewhere decided to take offence to it and now people are jumping on the bandwagon.

like yourself I have a black friend who cannot stand the over reaction to these sorts of things, its not something meant to cause offence or hurt anyone, the people who take offence to these things cause more trouble.

Wow for once I agree with you on something, of course this was not meant in a racist way unless H&M have a desire to lose customers and money. A Swedish company would quite simply not know the old racist link between monkey and black person as that is a reference from more than 20-30 years ago, I mean is it ever used as an insult these days??

People really need to stop taking offense so easily these days, its becoming absurd and is stifling free speech and opinion.
      Liverpool1990
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 106 posts | 19 
      Reply #160: Jan 10, 2018 10:56:25 am
      Wow for once I agree with you on something, of course this was not meant in a racist way unless H&M have a desire to lose customers and money. A Swedish company would quite simply not know the old racist link between monkey and black person as that is a reference from more than 20-30 years ago, I mean is it ever used as an insult these days??

People really need to stop taking offense so easily these days, its becoming absurd and is stifling free speech and opinion.

Exactly, and even if it is used as an offence H&M certainly weren't deliberately using it in a racist way, things get taken out of context so often these days, people will be afraid to do or say anything soon, the world is going mad, and its not just with racism.

I remember the Paddington bear Christmas advert getting thousands of complaints because they thought they heard a swear word on it, once again its people believing what they think and blowing things out of proportion.

Quick Reply