Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Firmino and Holgate

Read 46790 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Firmino and Holgate
      Reply #276: Jan 15, 2018 08:59:07 pm

Yes and nothing is being done about the push

The push should have been a red-card right when it happened; but yeah its probably all going to be swept under.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #277: Jan 15, 2018 09:21:10 pm
      Yeah - the biggest figures in history are never anything other than complex and contradictory. Churchill's career seems to be a series of catastrophic errors and then getting one big thing right. That leadership during WW2 doesn't excuse the horrendous judgements he made beforehand but at the same time it would be equally petty to use that to dismiss his influential role in defeating Nazism. How he is judged is, as in all cases of history, down to the reader!

Even football is littered with them. Our own Tommy Smith - a brilliant, stoic player yet by all accounts a pretty nasty racist off the field. That fact doesn't make me unappreciative of what he did for this club (if just one of our current players was half as influential on the field as he was then we'd be twice the club!) but at the same time his brilliance doesn't make me apologetic of some terrible racist comments he's made.

This alleged 'racist' scandal however continues to be nothing but a joke instigated by, at best, a misunderstanding and at worst, troublemaking on the part of Holgate. It says everything about the scheming and incompetent FA that this continues to be an issue over a week on.

That referee Bobby Madely allowed the situation to fester and the anger to bubble over rather than do the obvious thing and send Holgate off is also at the heart of this issue. It should never have got to the opportunity where Holgate can start mouthing off some serious allegations just to, I suspect, force the referee to try and send Firmino off.

Tommy Smith was a racist even on the training ground, he gave Howard Gayle a hard time, still he will always be Anfield iron.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #278: Jan 21, 2018 06:53:20 pm
      Of Bobby didn’t say anything racsist, he won’t be stressed about anything, but Holgate will be, worrying about possible consequences of his false allegations.

Can't see there being any repercussions. The whole thing seems to have been swept under the carpet in the way only the FA could operate.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #279: Jan 21, 2018 07:15:02 pm
      Can't see there being any repercussions. The whole thing seems to have been swept under the carpet in the way only the FA could operate.

The usual shambles from the FA. If they had anything they would've come after us. The Ref heard nowt. If they haven't sounded out the other players close to the incident by now, then that doesn't make sense.

Lip readers and Portuguese speakers have already said, what could be seen that is, was just abuse. Understandable from Bob as he had just been pushed into the crowd.

It's what can't be seen is surely the point of contention, and it's unlikely that the Ref or Holgate understand Portuguese.

My view is the FA will say not enough evidence and give Holgate a 4 match ban for dangerous play and endangering spectators...eventually.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #280: Jan 24, 2018 05:22:33 am
      ESPN Australia using the footage of Firmino getting in Holgate's face in their advertising for the next round of the Cup. I'm assuming nothing is gonna come of it if that's happening - but then again, ESPN and the FA are both often stupid entities so who really knows.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #281: Jan 24, 2018 06:21:43 am
      i didn't even know there were accusations of racism with this. i guess when your club so obviously fucks up, you have to make up a story so your pathetic player seems like he had a motive for shoving someone into a fence. anyone with a brain knows what really happened, unfortunately there are millions without brains who only absorb what papers say
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #282: Jan 24, 2018 09:33:45 am
      ESPN Australia using the footage of Firmino getting in Holgate's face in their advertising for the next round of the Cup. I'm assuming nothing is gonna come of it if that's happening - but then again, ESPN and the FA are both often stupid entities so who really knows.

Aren't yee Aussies the most racist of anyone though?  :D

Jokes!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #283: Jan 24, 2018 11:53:50 am
      Aren't yee Aussies the most racist of anyone though?  :D

Jokes!

Probably not such a joke to Aborigines who were treated disgracefully in the past.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #284: Jan 24, 2018 08:30:38 pm
      Why the hell have the F.A. Not enlightened us as to the findings in there investigation
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #285: Jan 24, 2018 09:39:03 pm
      Why the hell have the F.A. Not enlightened us as to the findings in there investigation

They’ve had to deal with their own misogynistic sh*t storm thanks to Barry Chuckle.......

How the F**k are they gonna play this one now 🤨
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #286: Jan 24, 2018 09:49:53 pm

Hahahaha did you honestly think anything would come of this?

They haven't to the best of my knowledge even come out and said both players have nothing to answer, it's just been quietly forgotten about.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #287: Jan 25, 2018 12:35:03 am
      Read somewhere today that they have interviewed Bobby and pr**k face. Now they will interview the players that were near them.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #288: Jan 25, 2018 07:57:01 am
      Read somewhere today that they have interviewed Bobby and pr**k face. Now they will interview the players that were near them.

Just going through the motions to make it look like they're doing something.

I reckon the refs report had everything they needed to see in it.

If there was anything in it they'd have finished the whole investigation by now and Bob would be banned.

They're just making it look like they are doing something now.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #289: Jan 25, 2018 10:27:00 am
      If there was even a hint of something the club wouldn't have played Bobby "while investigations are on going"

This is a non-story running out of legs
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #290: Feb 08, 2018 06:00:09 pm
      Any updates on this incident? Today, Rodriguez (West Brom) faces racist abuse charge.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #291: Feb 08, 2018 06:26:51 pm
      Any updates on this incident? Today, Rodriguez (West Brom) faces racist abuse charge.

No progress apparently
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #292: Feb 08, 2018 06:33:59 pm
      They really can't find anything racial about this incident, can they? I just don't get why they don't come out and say there has been no evidence to suggest anything racist was said? Or maybe they are looking to concoct something against Firmino so they can ban him? Wouldn't be surprised if that happened tbh.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #293: Feb 08, 2018 06:40:21 pm

They really can't find anything racial about this incident, can they? I just don't get why they don't come out and say there has been no evidence to suggest anything racist was said? Or maybe they are looking to concoct something against Firmino so they can ban him? Wouldn't be surprised if that happened tbh.

FA come out now don't drag this any longer please? Do something right for once!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #294: Feb 08, 2018 07:04:07 pm
      It's all about the FA defending the indefensible. 
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #295: Feb 08, 2018 07:10:30 pm
      I have no doubt Firmino will cop the same  fate as Rodriguez. The charges have been categorically denied by Jay which tells you the FA doesn't rely on evidence or logic and they will take extra delight in turning the knife given its LFC.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #296: Feb 08, 2018 07:21:37 pm
      Think Jay Rodriguez has been had off a bit to be honest. After being charged by the FA there will be bo escape for him. Nobody gets an FA charge and reverses their decision.

I think with Firmino the FA would love to find a case to answer but are really struggling to put forward a plausible account.

They're terrified that by nt charging these lads the media will hammer them for not dealing with racism.

Remember with the FA investigation the burden of proof is nowhere near that of a real trial.

Its all on probability and secondary accounts.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #297: Feb 08, 2018 07:25:24 pm
      It truly is a sad world that we live in. If i had a pound for every time i got called a 'bald c**t', 'sheep shagger' or 'taffy b***ard' i would be a millionaire. It's called the real world, in competitive environments thing get heated and people say things all the time, it never bothered me as i understood where it came from. It will never change, when will people realise this?

It's really sad that people spend so much time arguing over comments made in the heat of the moment. Look how many threads veer off on various trajectories when people twist the debate to suit whatever agenda they feel suits their needs?

The world spends so much time and energy kicking off and talking sh*te over situations they can never change, they would be better off spending time on things they can change or even bettering themselves.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #298: Feb 08, 2018 07:33:22 pm
      I hated Thatcher and when she died our mine gave us 2 days off and paid for the celebratory piss up to toast her death. No amount of do gooding bas**rds will ever change my opinion of the slag because she destroyed the community i lived and grew up in and still to this day the country as a whole has suffered because of this. Even though she is now dead i still hate her.

People get called 'racists', 'homophobes', 'fascists' etc. So F***ing what? People hate people for a reason and the reason for that hate is a strong personal emotion, they don't bother me one bit. They are entitled to hate, it is their right to do so if they so wish.

People these days are so quick to jump into business that is none of theirs that they forget who they actually are themselves.

Quick Reply