Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Firmino and Holgate

Read 47213 times
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Re: Firmino and Holgate
      Reply #368: Feb 22, 2018 01:43:50 pm
      Holgate fabricates racism claim to tarnish reputation of Firmino who lashes out obviously by calling the c**t a “son of a b**ch”
      The "son of a b##ch" came before the alleged racism claim, not as a result of.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #369: Feb 22, 2018 09:05:46 pm
      I'm more concern with the push by that idiot on Bobby that can be a career ending thing. What was said by both can be interpreted in many ways but the push was seen worldwide and the FA did nothing and it is nothing but shocking.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #370: Feb 22, 2018 09:11:22 pm
      Pleased this has been sorted.  A little bit surprised it's being reported as 'Firmino will not be charged' as that implies there is some kind of possible guilt that can't be proven.

Typical misrepresentation by the media.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #371: Feb 23, 2018 08:44:00 am
      The FA would never say there was "no evidence", so "lack" is their way of admitting that there was no evidence.

To accuse someone of racism is simple, to clear your name of it as we saw with Suarez, is very difficult. The stereotype is once the complaint is made, there's something to it, even when there isn't as in this case.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #372: Feb 23, 2018 12:47:33 pm
      Typical misrepresentation by the media.

There's no misrepresentation, it's in their statement. The wording of it is not unequivocal and leaves room for doubt by suggesting that whilst there was evidence to suggest racism, the burden of proof was not high enough to charge. In fact I think the media was far more on Firmino's side over this than they ever where with Suarez. He was found guilty in the court of tabloid press before the FA ever charged him. 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #373: Feb 23, 2018 01:39:52 pm
      There's no misrepresentation, it's in their statement. The wording of it is not unequivocal and leaves room for doubt by suggesting that whilst there was evidence to suggest racism, the burden of proof was not high enough to charge. In fact I think the media was far more on Firmino's side over this than they ever where with Suarez. He was found guilty in the court of tabloid press before the FA ever charged him. 

Their statement implies that Firmino, in spite of the lack of any evidence whatever, has got off with something or other, a total misrepresentation.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #374: Feb 23, 2018 01:42:59 pm
      Burden of proof is always on the accuser. This shouldn't have even gotten past match day. That it took so long to remedy only makes it look like the FA was on a witch hunt to find ANYTHING they could to run with against Firmino. Amazingly, with clear evidence for everyone to see, there were no charges brought against Holgate for his misconduct in pushing Bobby though.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #375: Feb 23, 2018 01:46:05 pm
      I would have some respect for Holgate now if he came out with a public statement on the lines of:

"I thought I heard what I heard but I would like to apologise to Roberto Firmino firstly for endangering his safety and secondly for accusing him of racism when I picked it up wrong".
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #376: Feb 23, 2018 02:19:10 pm
      I would have some respect for Holgate now if he came out with a public statement on the lines of:

"I thought I heard what I heard but I would like to apologise to Roberto Firmino firstly for endangering his safety and secondly for accusing him of racism when I picked it up wrong".

He acted like a pr**k - he is a pr**k.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #377: Feb 23, 2018 03:13:39 pm
      Their statement implies that Firmino, in spite of the lack of any evidence whatever, has got off with something or other, a total misrepresentation.

Yes. their - the FA's. Not the Press. You said it was a media misrepresentation.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #378: Feb 23, 2018 03:37:43 pm
      Yes. their - the FA's. Not the Press. You said it was a media
      misrepresentation.

Headline: Firmino will not be charged
      Is that not a misrepresentation of the whole event?
      No word about the F***ing gobs***e who pushed him into the stand and should be facing disciplinary action.

Not even the Echo can be relied on now it is in manchester, the media are biggoted and pro-establishment and will do Liverpool down at every opportunity be it politics or football.

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #379: Feb 23, 2018 03:38:12 pm
      Quote from FL Red
      Burden of proof is always on the accuser. This shouldn't have even gotten past match day. That it took so long to remedy only makes it look like the FA was on a witch hunt to find ANYTHING they could to run with against Firmino.

It took the usual amount of time, 6-8 weeks. By the time they start the investigation, interview those involved, gather all the evidence, analyse all the evidence, and conclude the investigation, that's how long it normally takes. The fact there was really nothing to go on, doesn't make any difference.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #380: Feb 23, 2018 05:26:25 pm
      It took the usual amount of time, 6-8 weeks. By the time they start the investigation, interview those involved, gather all the evidence, analyse all the evidence, and conclude the investigation, that's how long it normally takes. The fact there was really nothing to go on, doesn't make any difference.

Plus it's the dinosaurs at the FA!! They'd have no idea of how this was building up in the world outside their panelled board room at Wembley, they'd care even less. If their meeting went past its allotted time, they'd just stick it down on the agenda next time.
      Redangel

• 8,249 posts | 1000 
      Reply #381: Feb 23, 2018 06:25:31 pm
      Yes. their - the FA's. Not the Press. You said it was a media misrepresentation.

To be fair this has hardly been covered in much of the media, and there is certainly a concerted effort to allow no comment. My brother listens to Talk Sport in work most days, it’s a majority decision and he says he’s not heard anything much despite the fact that they will discuss almost anything and everything!

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #382: Feb 23, 2018 07:09:57 pm
      To be fair this has hardly been covered in much of the media, and there is certainly a concerted effort to allow no comment. My brother listens to Talk Sport in work most days, it’s a majority decision and he says he’s not heard anything much despite the fact that they will discuss almost anything and everything!

Thank F**k, last thing needed is the bellends at Talkshite weighing in on the situation.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #383: Feb 24, 2018 04:00:56 am
      So, what's next? Can we start telling all our players we can start pushing opposition players to the stand as hard as they could because the FA is  in agreement with colgate's act. Common, lets start the act immediately. The FA says we can. 
      Redangel

• 8,249 posts | 1000 
      Reply #384: Feb 24, 2018 08:53:47 am
      Thank f**k, last thing needed is the bellends at Talkshite weighing in on the situation.

I agree, the point is though, that there seems to have been a decision that no comments will be allowed on it. When this happened it was all over every back page, prominently displayed. Now, however, you’ll be lucky to have found any mention til you get to the bottom of the page! Had this gone the other way they’d be all over it like a rash.
      Hope he gets a hat trick today!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #385: Feb 25, 2018 10:56:52 pm
      In my book, a deliberate false accusation of racial comments, is a more severe form of racial abuse, and should be dealt with accordingly.
      Similar behaviour in the public domain, affords an arrest and charges against the perpetrator.
      Why has this been allowed to go unpunished?
      Doesn’t it take a member of the public, who witnessed the incident, to formally report it, for a police investigation to be launched.
      I thought that was the basic requirement.
      While the lack of action is clear, nothing will be done unless there’s a formal complaint. So here’s your chance, anyone who was present.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #386: Feb 26, 2018 07:23:06 am
      As well as investigating Bobby the F.A. should of investigated the dangerous play by Holgate. They should of also investigated the lack of action by the REF.Then again over the years how many times has Big Fat Sam been manager of a club that has played us and our players have suffered serious injury.
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #387: Feb 27, 2018 12:00:23 am
      Typical sidestep by the FA...pile of incompetent, obtuse,inept blunddering shambolic bunch of southern biased pen-pushing bluffers that they are.

I mean the club won't quibble it. Klopp doesn't want the hassle, don't blame him. Firmino showed his class thru the whole ludicrous episode. Holgate hasn't helped the "kick it out campaign". I'd stop short of calling him a liar...just say he misunderstood or whatever.

It's the FA that gets on my wick. What a cheap snide way to end the dispute. It took them weeks to come to the obvious decision. Yet they add an insult on top of their blatant incompetence.

" Not enough evidence".....there's plenty of evidence for a charge of the FA being a bunch of tossers...open 'n' shut case M'lud.
      grayfriars
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #388: Feb 27, 2018 10:58:56 am
      Very fair point, in my view. No need to go over old ground but this whole incident, and especially the way the FA have dealt with the matter leaves a very nasty taste in the mouth.

The FA in their usual sanctimonious way believe that they have delivered the final definition of the situation but we know that they have most emphatically not.

Do the FA read these forums and see the other alternative definitions? I am not sure.  I take the view that if you do not tell people what you think then how can you expect them to know.

So I take the trouble to write to the FA and point out what I think of their actions, which is basically what has been written above.

I wrote to them during the Suarez episode and pointed out that they were putting Luiz safety at serious risk by stirring up their hornets nest and creating huge hostility towards him. I said they had a duty of care towards Luiz and it would be their fault if Luiz' safety was compromised in any way.

I did get a reply so someone at the FA read it and they know that not everyone swallows their propaganda. The letter goes on file.

The FA like to believe that they are the guardian angels protecting the innocent and vulnerable. They are basically just like any other bunch of haters who wont hesitate to destroy an individual if it means that they can take the moral high ground and come out appearing to look squeaky clean in this perverse, false,  politically correct society.

« Last Edit: Feb 27, 2018 12:59:37 pm by grayfriars »
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #389: Feb 27, 2018 07:25:45 pm
      Very fair point, in my view. No need to go over old ground but this whole incident, and especially the way the FA have dealt with the matter leaves a very nasty taste in the mouth.

The FA in their usual sanctimonious way believe that they have delivered the final definition of the situation but we know that they have most emphatically not.

Do the FA read these forums and see the other alternative definitions? I am not sure.  I take the view that if you do not tell people what you think then how can you expect them to know.

So I take the trouble to write to the FA and point out what I think of their actions, which is basically what has been written above.

I wrote to them during the Suarez episode and pointed out that they were putting Luiz safety at serious risk by stirring up their hornets nest and creating huge hostility towards him. I said they had a duty of care towards Luiz and it would be their fault if Luiz' safety was compromised in any way.

I did get a reply so someone at the FA read it and they know that not everyone swallows their propaganda. The letter goes on file.

The FA like to believe that they are the guardian angels protecting the innocent and vulnerable. They are basically just like any other bunch of haters who wont hesitate to destroy an individual if it means that they can take the moral high ground and come out appearing to look squeaky clean in this perverse, false,  politically correct society.

I've mailed the FA numerous times. I was a registered fan for a while. They do, on occassion reply, mostly just to say we have noted your remarks.

Far as the Firmino case is concerned all they had to say was that there was no case to answer. In saying they did not have enough evidence to take the case forward seems to indicate they suspected something of a racists nature was said but they could not prove it.

More likely is they fudged it. Means they don't have to pull in Holgate over his accusations. Even more ludicrous was claiming the push was accidental. That decision was just stupid. Nobody in there right mind, looking at the footage can say it was accidental. It was serious foul play and endangered Firmino's safety as well as 2/3 fans in the front row. That's a clear Red card. And if they can't get that right after looking at it for 2 months or more then they are a total joke.

It's certainly no accident that the vast majority of fans have such a low opinion of the FA.
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #390: Mar 03, 2018 01:19:30 pm
      Dickhead Holgate is on the bench...Everton winning 0-1....come on Burnley...do something..
      « Last Edit: Mar 03, 2018 02:22:37 pm by Harrisimo »

Quick Reply