Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Liverpool v Manchester City Sunday 14/01/18 K.O. 16.00

Read 13866 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Liverpool v Manchester City Sunday 14/01/18 K.O. 16.00
      Reply #69: Jan 10, 2018 12:00:15 pm
      I wonder if Gini or Milner can play as the holding midfielder with Ox and Lallana in front of them.

I think man city knows that Emre Can is not agile and very slow to get rid of the ball and they will press him every time he gets the ball, to force a mistake. Milner and Gini can recycle it better.

Milner?

He is probably the only player in the squad slower with his feet than Can.

Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #70: Jan 10, 2018 03:04:14 pm
      Cant believe Citeh once again scored a very very late winner - how many times have they done that now this season ?

They've played twice now see we smashed the Ev last friday, so I really think we can get the 3 points here
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #71: Jan 10, 2018 03:14:06 pm
      I wonder if Gini or Milner can play as the holding midfielder with Ox and Lallana in front of them.

I think man city knows that Emre Can is not agile and very slow to get rid of the ball and they will press him every time he gets the ball, to force a mistake. Milner and Gini can recycle it better.

I expect Milner to start as well.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,803 posts | 4909 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #72: Jan 10, 2018 04:21:57 pm
      Got to be honest here, i think Citeh will be lucky to escape with a draw, we f***in owe these fuckers big time,
      Mane saw red unluckily when he had every right to go for the ball, the ref bottled it and caved in giving City sway for being the home side,
      This time we're at home, so lets get at the kunts and see how much they swagger when they have to face a proper counter attack,
      Wee Bristol C had a right go at them last night and with a bit more nous could have beat them,
      So their impenetrable, we will win this that i am sure,

4-2 Mighty Redmen

YNWA 
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #73: Jan 10, 2018 04:52:11 pm
      Mignolet - still feels like he's better than Karius, taller than Karius = better odds

TAA - like him more than Gomez for his crosses and offensive input
      Matip
      VVD
      Robertson

Can
      Ox - he's the future, give him self confidence, he's not one beat worse than Gini, so go with him
      Lallana

Salah
      Mane
      Firmino

I see a draw and I'd take it if offered now. If we lose things could fall apart quickly because media and fans will start bitching about the Coutinho deal.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #74: Jan 10, 2018 05:10:26 pm
      Migs is back in. Thats all i know

They're better than us but we can hopefully get at them at Anfield.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #75: Jan 10, 2018 05:35:27 pm
      4-2-2-2
      I reckon (hope)

NB: Team no longer available
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #76: Jan 10, 2018 05:50:30 pm
      Sterling is angling for a new bumper contract upgrade.
      Has his agent run out of money?

Lets put the little c**t back in his box.

Loathsome   .... both of them.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,299 posts | 3868 
      Reply #77: Jan 10, 2018 06:22:25 pm
      Karius

Gomez
      Klavan
      VVD
      Robertson

Can
      Gini
      Lallana/AOC

Salah
      Mane
      Firmino

F**k off City!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #78: Jan 10, 2018 10:15:15 pm
      Why?

If he knows 100% that he didnt say anything which he will then he won't really give it a second thought

He sent a message on Instagram straight after the game celebrating the win, he's been on a few days holiday with his mate (Allan) in Cyprus and looks fine and happy, he's back in training

He's professional and I bet he plays

Is this our Allan? What has happened to him? Know he is still out on loan BUT does anyone have any inside knowledge of how he is doing? Is he gonna come
      home and come good for us?
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #79: Jan 10, 2018 10:21:11 pm
      As for the game...Wow...what perfect timing for us. Genuinely believe that.
      All our players will feel the need to show that we can be successful without phil and will be confident now that we have a damn good centre back marshaling the back line.
      This could be a classic.
      Going for a 3-2 win to us with a line up of:
      Mig
      TAA
      VVD
      Matip
      Robertson
      Milner
      Lallana
      Ox
      Salah
      Firmino
      Mane

Bench:
      Karius
      Gomez
      Lovren
      Can
      Solanke
      Gini
      Studge
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #80: Jan 11, 2018 02:59:49 am
      Could be the first time we see what Jürgen's first choice line-up is for quite some time.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #81: Jan 11, 2018 04:32:28 am
      Could be the first time we see what Jürgen's first choice line-up is for quite some time.

Bloody excited myself. The "first team to beat City" cup!

Very much feeling like Jackie Moon right now :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9pFmkeCtNA
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #82: Jan 11, 2018 08:34:44 am
      I feel we are the only team right now who can realistically get close to these.

I feel there defence is ropey, and have been saved by an excellent new keeper, and teams playing with fear against them. Bristol City showed the blueprint on how to play against them.

I honestly think that the Mane sending off in the corresponding fixture was a turning point for both our seasons. Do you think if we won that game (which I was very confident of doing up until the sending off and meltdown) that they would of gone on this mad run?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #83: Jan 11, 2018 08:43:11 am
      I have every confidence that we will beat City. 2-1 to the mighty REDS.City will know that they have been in a match.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,946 posts | 1353 
      Reply #84: Jan 11, 2018 11:47:41 am
      Worth a punt at 2-2. Don't know the Salah injury thing. If it's any kind of risk he shouldn't be in the squad. Can't risk him aggravating the injury and be on the sick for another 4-6 weeks.

Sooner or later Klopp is going to have to give Woodburn a serious chance at this club.
      3rdJune1892
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #85: Jan 11, 2018 01:06:38 pm
      Having watched them huffing and puffing against Bristol City yesterday, with half of their first team on the pitch, I really have the feeling that they are running out of steam a little bit and have been for the last few weeks. If we turn up and play to the best of our ability then I fancy us to win this game

They did huff and puff but noticibly their defence was rested [presubably because they'll be tested most by us] , I expect Ederson, Walker, Otttamendi, Delph and Fernandinho to be back along with David Silva and I expect Aguerro to start.

This will be a difficult game. I'm more nervous about ths than I've been for ages.
      3rdJune1892
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #86: Jan 11, 2018 01:10:48 pm

I feel there defence is ropey, and have been saved by an excellent new keeper, and teams playing with fear against them. Bristol City showed the blueprint on how to play against them.

What does that say about every other team in the PL, they've conceded 3 less than anyone else. If the best defence in the league is ropey how would you describe everone else.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #87: Jan 11, 2018 06:19:19 pm
      No doubt there will be a lot of hype around this one but ultimately games like this won’t be deciding where we finish in the league. Trips to Swansea and Huddersfield after are the bigger games so I’d take a point here.

Saying that though it would still be quality to end their unbeaten run!

Karius; Gomez, Van Dijk, Klavan, Robertson; Can, Gini, Lallana; Salah, Firmino, Mane.

Almost agree with that chats, but think I’d rather have Ox than Can. Never thought I’d hear myself saying that, but Can seems to be just going through the motions lately, with little urgency. Think Ox brings s bit more energy to the middle. Ok, not 100% yet, there’s still more to come from him football wise, but he does seem to make more effort, and shows a lot more passion for the shirt.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #88: Jan 11, 2018 06:45:35 pm
      Almost agree with that chats, but think I’d rather have Ox than Can. Never thought I’d hear myself saying that, but Can seems to be just going through the motions lately, with little urgency. Think Ox brings s bit more energy to the middle. Ok, not 100% yet, there’s still more to come from him football wise, but he does seem to make more effort, and shows a lot more passion for the shirt.
      We know he is capable mate - his performance against Arsenal earlier in the season was faultless. I thought that would be the turning point but he’s certainly not turned in another performance close to it imo.

He might yet come good as a player - in fact I think he more than likely will in Italy - but definitely not consistent enough in his time here.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #89: Jan 12, 2018 09:04:50 am
      we sssoooooo owe these fuckers big time....but I wouldnt be disappointed with a draw.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1464 
      Reply #90: Jan 12, 2018 11:36:55 am
      I'll start crouchinho in coutinho's absence. There's not a lot of difference between the two. I believe he'll do a good job in that role. He's been training well, good with both feet and takes a vicious dead ball.

Great character. Wonderful individual. He already has a strong following amongst Liverpool fans in the largest Liverpool fan forum. I believe he'll be a match winner come Sunday.

;D
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #91: Jan 12, 2018 11:39:25 am
      What does that say about every other team in the PL, they've conceded 3 less than anyone else. If the best defence in the league is ropey how would you describe everone else.

It says exactly the same as it used to with the Mancs. Some teams are scared to attack and feel, in the bigger picture a 1-0 defeat is better for them than 5-1

Quick Reply