Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Swansea?

Loris Karius
      4 (6.8%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.7%)
      Joel Matip
      7 (11.9%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      17 (28.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      18 (30.5%)
      Emre Can
      4 (6.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (3.4%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.7%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.7%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      4 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: Jan 27, 2018 12:17:16 am

Swansea City 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31861 times
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Re: Live: Swansea City V Liverpool
      Reply #207: Jan 22, 2018 08:54:59 pm
      Yeah that's one of the reasons I fail to get too excited with Chamberlain as well.

Dont get me wrong, he has been a nice squad addition, but as an automatic starter I'm not so sure he makes that much of a difference. Another player that is more suited to fast counter attacking, but found wanting when teams let us have the ball and sit deep.

We are crying out for midfielders capable of running with the ball in congested areas. Can never will be that player, Gini is too conservative. Lallana has the ability but hasnt quite come back yet. I'd love to have someone in that deeper position capable of bringing the ball from the back, attracting markers to himself and creating some space before passing it forwards, a bit like van Dijk has been trying to do. I feel like van Dijk would have been a better DM than Emre Can.

Yeah, that midfielder was called Coutinho XD
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #208: Jan 22, 2018 08:55:03 pm
      I’m on the same planet as you. Liverpool have been sh*t and Swansea took their chance. They deserve their lead.

They did take the lead, but they didn't deserve it. Let's hope for a quick goal in second half.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,453 posts | 1442 
      Reply #209: Jan 22, 2018 08:55:07 pm
      Their goal was the result of to many red shirts going up...nobody alive for the knockdown....4 of our players going for the ball...
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,016 posts | 228 
      Reply #210: Jan 22, 2018 08:55:50 pm
      Mane doing my head in lately always giving the ball away and looks like he needs 6 chances to score one
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #211: Jan 22, 2018 08:56:10 pm
      Yeah, that midfielder was called Coutinho XD

Haha true, but Coutinho a lot of the time played more as an inside forward from the left, I mean I'd love to have someone with that sort of ability playing a bit deeper
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #212: Jan 22, 2018 08:56:24 pm
      This is the kind of games where a player like Coutinho could have helped. Surprisingly the only player who did that in the first half was Van Dijk.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #213: Jan 22, 2018 08:56:43 pm
      We all don't know that no. Some of the theories on this board are outrages.

Oh come on pal. As theories go it's hardly denying the moon landings ever took place.
      Harrisimo

• 8,453 posts | 1442 
      Reply #214: Jan 22, 2018 08:57:03 pm
      Carra telling Salah to stretch the play....said that 20 minutes ago...but he's right Salah is drifting in to much and Gomez is off blob.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #215: Jan 22, 2018 08:58:21 pm
      Need a bit of magic from somewhere.

Lallana could do a job but let’s all agree now that old Klopp won’t bring him on until 75 mins
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #216: Jan 22, 2018 08:58:56 pm
      Yeah that's one of the reasons I fail to get too excited with Chamberlain as well.

Dont get me wrong, he has been a nice squad addition, but as an automatic starter I'm not so sure he makes that much of a difference. Another player that is more suited to fast counter attacking, but found wanting when teams let us have the ball and sit deep.

We are crying out for midfielders capable of running with the ball in congested areas. Can never will be that player, Gini is too conservative. Lallana has the ability but hasnt quite come back yet. I'd love to have someone in that deeper position capable of bringing the ball from the back, attracting markers to himself and creating some space before passing it forwards, a bit like van Dijk has been trying to do. I feel like van Dijk would have been a better DM than Emre Can.

Yeah I agree. That Bernardo Silva catches ny eye every time I see him get minutes for City. But then he's consigned himself to a life of a City sub.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #217: Jan 22, 2018 08:59:03 pm
      Crap 1st half but I still fancy us to win this.
      Harrisimo

• 8,453 posts | 1442 
      Reply #218: Jan 22, 2018 08:59:30 pm
      Above all we need pace...PACEEEEEE....in the game...slow build up isn't our bag. Alex needs to pep it up and get on the ball...go at them...Salah get wider...get TAA on.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #219: Jan 22, 2018 09:00:22 pm
      What planet are you living on? They parked the  for the majority of first half. The ball was in their half for majority of gane. We had more possession, we had more passes and what it counts. We came closer to scores. Not saying we played well but there was only team who deserved to score goal and that was us.
      No what counts is what you do with that possession, and we have done F**k all with it... In open play we are often second to the ball,Swansea's range of passing looks better than our... as for "there was only team who deserved to score goal and that was us." if you think that you need to take off those red tinted spec. Swansea are trying to play football while we are content with just a Sunday morning kick about in the park
      Jimsouse67

• 9,549 posts | 1495 
      Reply #220: Jan 22, 2018 09:00:25 pm
      Dogshit of a half that & im sure klopp will tear into them as that performance isn't acceptable especially against sh*te like Swansea
      Who are at the bottom for a reason.
      I expect a much improved second half that's for sure,45 minutes is plenty
      To get back in the game and get the 3 points,sort it out reds.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #221: Jan 22, 2018 09:00:40 pm
      Haha true, but Coutinho a lot of the time played more as an inside forward from the left, I mean I'd love to have someone with that sort of ability playing a bit deeper

A flamboyant am or forward could also do a job. Doesn't need to be a cm IMO. Just somebody who can create magic from nothing. Burst of pace, close ball control and a good shot on him.
      Nabil fekir? 😁
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #222: Jan 22, 2018 09:00:45 pm
      Above all we need pace...PACEEEEEE....in the game...slow build up isn't our bag. Alex needs to pep it up and get on the ball...go at them...Salah get wider...get TAA on.

It’s hard when you have a team camped in the 18 yard box.

This will show if we really want to challenge City
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #223: Jan 22, 2018 09:01:20 pm
      Don't really need Gomez as there is hardly any defending to be done and he has been a complete liability constantly giving the ball away.
      Get on Trent and we have 45mins to get out of the lethargy.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #224: Jan 22, 2018 09:01:54 pm
      No what counts is what you do with that possession, and we have done f**k all with it... In open play we are often second to the ball,Swansea's range of passing looks better than our... as for "there was only team who deserved to score goal and that was us." if you think that you need to take off those red tinted spec. Swansea are trying to play football while we are content with just a Sunday morning kick about in the park

Agreed, he’s watching a different game I think.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,178 posts | 265 
      Reply #225: Jan 22, 2018 09:02:10 pm
      COYR :scarf:
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #226: Jan 22, 2018 09:02:47 pm
      Anyone want to talk about the shanked clearance by Virgil and the poor defensive header leading up to the goal?

Poor overall no pace and sloppy in possession!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #227: Jan 22, 2018 09:02:49 pm
      Right get that F***ing ball moving red men. This shouls be the hardest 45 these have faced now.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #228: Jan 22, 2018 09:03:25 pm
      No what counts is what you do with that possession, and we have done f**k all with it... In open play we are often second to the ball,Swansea's range of passing looks better than our... as for "there was only team who deserved to score goal and that was us." if you think that you need to take off those red tinted spec. Swansea are trying to play football while we are content with just a Sunday morning kick about in the park

Yeah I watched the first half of Swansea playing football. Their whole team defending.
      I hate losing and I'm not a optimistic type of fan either but some of knee jerking here is mind blowing.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #229: Jan 22, 2018 09:03:26 pm
      A flamboyant am or forward could also do a job. Doesn't need to be a cm IMO. Just somebody who can create magic from nothing. Burst of pace, close ball control and a good shot on him.
      Nabil fekir? 😁

Omg Fekir looks F***ing awesome, watched him last night vs PSG and he was magic

Quick Reply