Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: FA Cup 4th Round: Liverpool V West Brom (27th Jan 2018 - 19:45)

Read 7860 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8460 
      Re: Pre-Match: FA Cup 4th Round: Liverpool V West Brom (27th Jan 2018 - 19:45)
      Reply #23: Jan 25, 2018 11:19:39 pm
      Would like to see Solanke or Ings start tbh, they need to start getting games up front.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #24: Jan 25, 2018 11:37:15 pm
      Would like to see Solanke or Ings start tbh, they need to start getting games up front.

Yep, same with me. Woodburn too, we need some F***ing creativity in the middle, and Woodburn is the only playmaker we have in the squad currently.

Even with TAA, Woodburn and Solanke/Ings starting with rest being senior regulars, we should have enough to win!
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #25: Jan 26, 2018 05:06:02 am
      I would rest the front-3 to be honest, and you know what, it might actually work against this kinda opposition. Ings as the support striker for Solanke and Lallana as the #10 in a diamond formation, giving us strength in the middle and also stretching them with our full backs. Put in those crosses, Dom is definitely a capable player!

Solanke Ings
      Lallana
      Milner Chambo
      Can
      Robbo VVD Matip TAA
      Karius

Subs - Mignolet, Lovren, Gomez, Wijnaldum, Mane, Salah, Sturridge

A day off for Bobby!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #26: Jan 26, 2018 07:13:56 am
      I would rest the front-3 to be honest, and you know what, it might actually work against this kinda opposition. Ings as the support striker for Solanke and Lallana as the #10 in a diamond formation, giving us strength in the middle and also stretching them with our full backs. Put in those crosses, Dom is definitely a capable player!

Solanke Ings
      Lallana
      Milner Chambo
      Can
      Robbo VVD Matip TAA
      Karius

Subs - Mignolet, Lovren, Gomez, Wijnaldum, Mane, Salah, Sturridge

A day off for Bobby!

I disagree with you regarding resting players,as far as I am concerned we should treat every match as a cup final and play the strongest team available.After the Swansea fiasco I can't see Jürgen Klopp taking any chances.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #27: Jan 26, 2018 07:42:27 am
      I disagree with you regarding resting players,as far as I am concerned we should treat every match as a cup final and play the strongest team available.After the Swansea fiasco I can't see Jürgen Klopp taking any chances.

Imagine telling Souness or Tommy Smith they weren’t playing - rotation;)

In fairness Jürgen does pretty well balancing that to good effect but I do often smile at that.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #28: Jan 26, 2018 07:51:38 am
      Imagine telling Souness or Tommy Smith they weren’t playing - rotation;)

In fairness Jürgen does pretty well balancing that to good effect but I do often smile at that.

It always amazes me that Bill Shankly went through a whole season and only used 14 players.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #29: Jan 26, 2018 09:20:47 am
      Out of the two Deffo ings for me,
      He knows where the onion bag is ,not that I've anything against solanke I just feel Danny is more assured in front of goal.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #30: Jan 26, 2018 09:31:11 am
      With a game midweek in the PL could see us start:

Mignolet
      TAA Klavan Lovren Robertson
           Gini Henderson AOC
           Lallana Ings Mane

Ings seems to have jumped ahead of Solanke in the striker queue - I'd give him a start anyway. With the speculation about Studge, don't see him in the squad, but who knows.
      Heard Hendo might be available, and if he is, could start.  Milner might be in the running too, but his form has been up and down.
      TAA surely has to come in for Gomez, and could see Jürgen give Migs a run (can't see Ward get a look in).
      And the first choice CBs could be rested (mad that not long ago these two were starting PL matches, decent backups to have tho).
      Lalllana still returning to sharpness could do with a start.
      Then some of the big guns on the bench to come on if needed.

With the rotation changes could see Jürgen make, could be a patchy game. Maybe not tho.
      Just need to win it!!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,237 posts | 752 
      Reply #31: Jan 26, 2018 10:10:36 am
      West Brom obviously, will try to park the bus and snatch a goal. Need to score at least twice, fairly early on. Play a strong side, have four days to recover for the Huddersfield game.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #32: Jan 26, 2018 01:12:25 pm
      i foresee a scrappy boring game ahead, 2-1

YNWA
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #33: Jan 26, 2018 01:22:07 pm
      Onwards and upwards from last weekend. Expect a win, and also Sturridge to be involved.

2-0 to the Reds.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #34: Jan 26, 2018 02:09:49 pm
      I'd like Ings or Sturridge involved to be honest. See what they can do and if we're struggling throw Bobby or Mane or Salah on then at the hour mark. (Whichever one isn't already playing)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #35: Jan 26, 2018 02:10:49 pm
      Looks like we can forget about Lallana. Klopp says he has a "little" issue. He's out for at least a game but they aren't sure if it will be only one.

I love Adam, one of my favorite players...but if he can't stay fit.....we surely have to bring in some reinforcements. This is getting ridiculous.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #36: Jan 26, 2018 03:11:26 pm
      Looks like we can forget about Lallana. Klopp says he has a "little" issue. He's out for at least a game but they aren't sure if it will be only one.

I love Adam, one of my favorite players...but if he can't stay fit.....we surely have to bring in some reinforcements. This is getting ridiculous.

Me too. Exasperating to hear. Big fan of what he's done under Klopp but as you say if he can't stay fit then not only should we be looking for reinforcements but we should maybe look at replacing him as well.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #37: Jan 26, 2018 04:02:47 pm
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #38: Jan 26, 2018 04:57:09 pm
      Looks like we can forget about Lallana. Klopp says he has a "little" issue.

Torn something hasn't he.  Unless it's a toenail then I'm not sure how little it will be.

Sturridge is available - not sure what is going on behind the scenes regarding a move away for him but it will be interesting to see if he gets used or not.

Would also have expected Solanke to have played in this but it looks like he has fell behind Ings in the pecking order now.  Either of them two lads need to get themselves on the scoresheet and get a bit of confidence because lets face it if they don't - if Firmino gets injured the wheels are coming off the second half of our season.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #39: Jan 26, 2018 06:16:52 pm
      I don’t think we’ll go full strength due to the spuds game coming up. That will only mean the bus Parker’s will be more difficult to break through. Hoping we can secure a win, especially at Anfield, but a draw wouldn’t surprise me, unfortunately. 😕
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #40: Jan 26, 2018 06:59:48 pm
      Jeez, just heard about Lallana, not much of a season for him so far. Hope he's not gonna turn into the 'new Sturridge'.
      Personally would be looking to loan Studge out with a view to a transfer in the summer, wouldn't play him tomorrow, he's pretty much finished at our level imho.
      rossyred

• 9,097 posts | 1637 
      Reply #41: Jan 26, 2018 07:11:58 pm
      See Danny Ings getting some stick in another thread has made 3 starts in league and scored two goals and had two career threatening injuries. Done well to get back playing never mind anything else. Never going to score pan full of goals but works his ass off and another who is probably bursting with pride when he pulls the jersey on. A few on her need to remember that when they think of their favourites who have been given ample opportunities but are not pulling up trees.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #42: Jan 26, 2018 07:20:02 pm
      Just read that Mignolet is starting tomorrow, don't get it really, probably should change my prediction to 2-1 now.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #43: Jan 26, 2018 10:02:37 pm
      Just read that Mignolet is starting tomorrow, don't get it really, probably should change my prediction to 2-1 now.

It's not that complicated. He's the backup now. When Klopp rotates (FA Cup matches I guess), Migs gets the call now. I suspect this means Karius will play in both league AND European matches.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #44: Jan 26, 2018 10:04:28 pm
      Jeez, just heard about Lallana, not much of a season for him so far. Hope he's not gonna turn into the 'new Sturridge'.
      Personally would be looking to loan Studge out with a view to a transfer in the summer, wouldn't play him tomorrow, he's pretty much finished at our level imho.

If he gives all of the first XI a rest somewhere over these next two matches, I wonder if now it means Woodburn will get a start where Lallana would have.

Klavan also set to miss out tomorrow, apparently he lost a lot of weight when he was ill.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #45: Jan 27, 2018 02:22:35 am
      It's not that complicated. He's the backup now. When Klopp rotates (FA Cup matches I guess), Migs gets the call now. I suspect this means Karius will play in both league AND European matches.

Yeah, it’s just that I don’t really see the need to play Migs, since I’m not into rotating keepers.

Quick Reply