Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

Liverpool 2-3 West Brom

Read 30222 times
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,534 posts | 242 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v West Brom - January 27th - 19.45 GMT
      Reply #690: Jan 28, 2018 12:50:35 am
      When look utd sh*t players but seem what win more then we do
      Do you have anything positive to say about this great club ?

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v West Brom - January 27th - 19.45 GMT
      Reply #691: Jan 28, 2018 01:46:36 am
      FA Cup was the least important cup, going out now is better than going out later in the competition. It means that we don't need to rotate players as much. Now we can just focus on league and champions league.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,629 posts | 6939 
      Re: Lliverpool 2-3 West Brom
      Reply #692: Jan 28, 2018 01:54:08 am
      Absolute humiliation
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Lliverpool 2-3 West Brom
      Reply #693: Jan 28, 2018 02:08:57 am
      Pathetic. Embarrassing. Shambolic. Unacceptable.

Just a few of the words I can think of to describe that shower of sh*t.

Losing to Swansea and now this completely takes away all the hard work to beat City. Disgrace.

This has nothing to do with losing Coutinho, this was just a complete and utter shower of sh*t.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Liverpool 2-3 West Brom
      Reply #694: Jan 28, 2018 02:21:24 am
      Liverpool’s ability to suck the momentum out of its season by having negligent January transfer windows is unreal.

Never fail.

Now have undoubtedly the weakest bench in the top 6.

Farcical stuff.

No options in the team now.
      Nobody creating in the centre.
      No end to keeper roulette.

Lost for words.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #695: Jan 28, 2018 02:26:06 am
      FA Cup was the least important cup, going out now is better than going out later in the competition. It means that we don't need to rotate players as much. Now we can just focus on league and champions league.

Shut up you bellend.

What a shitty way to look at things.

It's our best chance to win something and were out.

redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,978 posts | 237 
      Reply #696: Jan 28, 2018 02:39:42 am

The league Cup was unimportant when we got knocked out of that competition. Now, the FA cup is unimportant. The league is not going to happen this season (again).

It has been 6 years since we last won a trophy and going by the popular sentiment of the league Cup being unimportant, it has been 12 years since we won a "significant" trophy (And, I don't buy into the sentiment of one kind of trophy being more important than another trophy).

How exactly can we retain players if we fail to win any trophy? More importantly, how does that reflect on the club as a whole? Qualifying for the champions league is the minimum requirement and not a end goal in itself. If that becomes an end goal, which seems to be the requirement of the owners, the club has well and truly metamorphosed into the "Arsenal in the north".
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,740 posts | 6716 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #697: Jan 28, 2018 02:41:08 am
      Still F***ing fuming, whilst our players are probably tucked up in bed over there having a nice F***ing sleep! 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #698: Jan 28, 2018 03:48:49 am
      Quote from Harrisimo
      Var is here to stay. No going back now. I don't like it as it disrupts the flow. But as Klopp said "that had nothing to do with the defeat"

It was a lazy complacent performance. Defensive jitters. Wasn't as if we outplayed them, we didn't. Work rate wasn't up to scratch.

Got to get the basics right, can't bluff yer way thru.

If we didn't have VAR, imagine what the scoreline would have been. Pawson is a poor ref at the best of times, so it's good he has a ref above him to bail him out when he screws it up.

The game had a strange vibe to it. From the morning of the game where a page of "unusual" ko times was posted on the club website, to the team selection on the day, to the crazy start, to VAR digging us out of various holes, to the inability of the team to take penalties, to the stooges who still can't defend properly. Other than all that, it was a day to forget really.

You think that we never had a 7.45pm ko before, from the page on the club website. So they listed them all off, games delayed for tv, traffic congestion, floodlight failures etc etc. Anyone who doesn't like this ko time better get used to it fairly fast, because there'll be plenty more of it from 2019-20 season onwards. And some of the games will be ours.

Another thing they're going to have to get used to is VAR. This is the way football is going and next year, it will be every game. All goals and major decisions are provisional until the VAR ok's it. Personally I don't care how long it takes to correct a wrong decision, if it takes a minute, 3 minutes, 10 minutes or whenever, that's fine by me. We MUST have the correct decision at all times. For too long, the cost of human error on the pitch has been losing games, titles, trophies, going up, staying up or even someone losing their job, not to mention lost prize money/revenue. So if it takes a little bit more time to correct an injustice on the night, that's fine by me. Mistakes ruin football, not the length of time it takes to correct them.

I didn't expect a strong line up, last year we made 10 changes to play Wolves and it showed. This time we made 3 changes, including those who have been relegated to second choice, and who may not play for us again. We also need to find a decent penalty taker, we've missed at least 4 at home this season, and it's not good enough. Once it went to 1-3, you knew that was probably it and the usual naysayers were back peppering the forum all second half. And some of them are still at it hours later, still howling at the moon.

The only crumb to take from our first road block at home this season, is that the Watford game will now go ahead as scheduled. An opportunity to steal a march on our rivals on 17 March, while they're all still busy in the cup. We better take advantage of it.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #699: Jan 28, 2018 03:55:45 am
      Was it barry who caught bobby but pawson missed it ? Should be have the opportunity to give out yellows as well
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      Reply #700: Jan 28, 2018 03:57:25 am
      The league Cup was unimportant when we got knocked out of that competition. Now, the FA cup is unimportant. The league is not going to happen this season (again).

It has been 6 years since we last won a trophy and going by the popular sentiment of the league Cup being unimportant, it has been 12 years since we won a "significant" trophy (And, I don't buy into the sentiment of one kind of trophy being more important than another trophy).

How exactly can we retain players if we fail to win any trophy? More importantly, how does that reflect on the club as a whole? Qualifying for the champions league is the minimum requirement and not a end goal in itself. If that becomes an end goal, which seems to be the requirement of the owners, the club has well and truly metamorphosed into the "Arsenal in the north".

Wouldn't take ribs opinion as a guide unless a guide to insanity
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #701: Jan 28, 2018 04:06:32 am

Another thing they're going to have to get used to is VAR. This is the way football is going and next year, it will be every game. All goals and major decisions are provisional until the VAR oks it. Personally I don't care how long it takes to correct a wrong decision, if it takes a minute, 3 minutes, 10 minutes or whenever, that's fine by me. We MUST have the correct decision at all times. For too long, the cost of human error on the pitch has been losing games, titles, trophies, going up, staying up or even someone losing their job, not to mention lost prize money/revenue. So if it takes a little bit more time to correct an injustice on the night, that's fine by me. Mistakes ruin football, not the length of time it takes to correct them.

Singling this part out to say I disagree. Yes, you want to get decisions right, but it DOES matter how long the game is stopped for. After having this kind of replay in North American sports for a while now, I think there is starting to be some backlash against stopping the game for inordinate amounts of time to totally split hairs for several minutes with super slow motion replays to overturn a decision on very tight calls. The system needs to be set up to allow the VAR to review IMMEDIATELY. If he doesn't see enough to overturn the original call in 60 seconds, the call stands and play on. The bit tonight with the referee talking via his headset for a couple of minutes and then going to the monitor to look, that cannot be the way to do this.

I would even argue about using it for penalty decisions. How many times do you see a game, and a player goes down in the area after some contact. We see the replay and the analysis is something like "there was contact there - I've seen them given - but not a penalty for me." The key part of that is "for me." There is a subjective aspect to it more than a letter of the law thing. One referee's penalty is another ref's "play on." - and that's talking about the same incident. Maybe that is where you draw the line - the intentional hand ball or did the ball cross the line or not (and also spotting clear violent conduct like we saw with VAR in the U20 World Cup), but not "was this a foul or not?" The long stoppages are not good for football and unless they can tighten things up so we can get verdicts immediately, they shouldn't implement this.

Oh...and for me, Emre Can was to blame for all three goals tonight. He had help from Gini on the first, Moreno on the 2nd and Moreno, Migs and Matip on the third, but Emre was abysmal tonight. The occasional great performance cannot justify his continued inclusion.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      Reply #702: Jan 28, 2018 04:12:31 am
      Singling this part out to say I disagree. Yes, you want to get decisions right, but it DOES matter how long the game is stopped for. After having this kind of replay in North American sports for a while now, I think there is starting to be some backlash against stopping the game for inordinate amounts of time to totally split hairs for several minutes with super slow motion replays to overturn a decision on very tight calls. The system needs to be set up to allow the VAR to review IMMEDIATELY. If he doesn't see enough to overturn the original call in 60 seconds, the call stands and play on. The bit tonight with the referee talking via his headset for a couple of minutes and then going to the monitor to look, that cannot be the way to do this.

I would even argue about using it for penalty decisions. How many times do you see a game, and a player goes down in the area after some contact. We see the replay and the analysis is something like "there was contact there - I've seen them given - but not a penalty for me." The key part of that is "for me." There is a subjective aspect to it more than a letter of the law thing. One referee's penalty is another ref's "play on." - and that's talking about the same incident. Maybe that is where you draw the line - the intentional hand ball or did the ball cross the line or not (and also spotting clear violent conduct like we saw with VAR in the U20 World Cup), but not "was this a foul or not?" The long stoppages are not good for football and unless they can tighten things up so we can get verdicts immediately, they shouldn't implement this.

There was an incident in france a couple of weeks ago when a goal was given when the ball bounced down off the bar and the goalline technology signalled goal to the ref, tv replay showed it hadn't crossed the line so after several minutes the goal was disallowed , the company which wasn't hawkeye was hauled over the coals for it's mistake,  surely getting it right is important
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #703: Jan 28, 2018 04:25:56 am
      Pathetic. Embarrassing. Shambolic. Unacceptable.

Just a few of the words I can think of to describe that shower of sh*t.

Losing to Swansea and now this completely takes away all the hard work to beat City. Disgrace.

This has nothing to do with losing Coutinho, this was just a complete and utter shower of sh*t.

I was trying to think of how best to say how I feel about it, and this sums it up - right down to the Coutinho bit, which I definitely agree with. We were pulling this sh*t with Coutinho, and we're still doing it. It's some kind of psyche thing that's been with us for years now, and it frustrates the living F**k out of me.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #704: Jan 28, 2018 04:44:55 am
      Quote from Robby The Z

We can get verdicts immediately. We can get them within 30 seconds if needed. Unfortunately the host broadcaster often doesn't show a replay, until they've shown celebrations on and off the pitch, then showing the players reactions. Then they give us a replay, and another replay, and another replay. Then the VAR has to liaise with the ref on the pitch, then he has to let it be known that a decision is being reviewed, then watch it himself, and finally reach a verdict. That all takes time, but if it gets the decision right, then that's all that matters. But it can all be done in less than a minute, if necessary.

The length of time it takes is immaterial imo, what's the rush? Plenty of other sports go on for 3-5-8 hours on a given day, and nobody complains about how long it takes. You lose enough time in our sport, through players protesting and cheating and diving and pushing and shoving and feigning injury and wasting time in general. That's what VAR is also designed to cut out and there's been very little of it in the games it has been used. I'd rather take as much time as necessary   to get the right decision, than spend days/weeks/months/years complaining that x game/season was ruined by referees getting major decisions wrong. People still argue the toss over 1966 ffs.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #705: Jan 28, 2018 05:03:55 am
      this maybe beer talk. bu twhat a fuckinghalf assed gobs***e effort that was.LFC F**k off.captain F**k off.should be fuckling ashamed to take ya 50,oo0 a week pay checjk.shocking bad bunch opf cuntts.dep[resssed as F**k as that bunch of gobshites,just F**k off,and good night.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      Reply #706: Jan 28, 2018 06:11:04 am
      this maybe beer talk. bu twhat a fuckinghalf assed gobs***e effort that was.LFC f**k off.captain f**k off.should be fuckling ashamed to take ya 50,oo0 a week pay checjk.shocking bad bunch opf cuntts.dep[resssed as f**k as that bunch of gobshites,just f**k off,and good night.

You know what you may be pissed but even at 6 in the morning in my tired pissed off frame of mind it makes sense
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #707: Jan 28, 2018 06:39:14 am

You evidently  were not around in 1965 when the F.A.CUP came home to Anfield for the first time.It meant a lot then as it would if we had won it this season.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #708: Jan 28, 2018 07:41:31 am
      We can get verdicts immediately. We can get them within 30 seconds if needed. Unfortunately the host broadcaster often doesn't show a replay, until they've shown celebrations on and off the pitch, then showing the players reactions. Then they give us a replay, and another replay, and another replay. Then the VAR has to liaise with the ref on the pitch, then he has to let it be known that a decision is being reviewed, then watch it himself, and finally reach a verdict. That all takes time, but if it gets the decision right, then that's all that matters. But it can all be done in less than a minute, if necessary.

The length of time it takes is immaterial imo, what's the rush? Plenty of other sports go on for 3-5-8 hours on a given day, and nobody complains about how long it takes. You lose enough time in our sport, through players protesting and cheating and diving and pushing and shoving and feigning injury and wasting time in general. That's what VAR is also designed to cut out and there's been very little of it in the games it has been used. I'd rather take as much time as necessary   to get the right decision, than spend days/weeks/months/years complaining that x game/season was ruined by referees getting major decisions wrong. People still argue the toss over 1966 ffs.

The obvious difference is that they are dead ball sports so the delay has minimal impact. I love the NFL and think they have got it absolutely spot on now (don't forget they binned it first time around back in the 90s) and cricket has also done a great job but football is different. In the NFL they review every touchdown but if they start doing that for every goal it kills the spontaneity of the game, goals should be celebrated with gusto. Not muted with a 'let's wait an see what the replay says'. I'm all for replay for goal line technology and for off side decisions but that's where I would leave it.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #709: Jan 28, 2018 07:49:20 am
      Another season gone without a trophy because let's be honest, we aren't winning the CL. We've just shipped in 5 goals at home to West Brom in the space of an hour  :lmao:

This team is still full of bottlers. 3-1 down at half time in a cup match at anfield. Did they come out full of hunger and determination? No did they f**k. They just looked beaten. Gang of shithouses the lot of them.

Is that klopps fault today? In my opinion, no it's not. Some of these players just aren't consistent enough to play for liverpool. It's as simple as that. They have a good game every three or four matches and then hope salah will carry them and bail them out when they don't.

Wijnaldum is a fine example. He frustrates the sh*t out of me. I actually think gini is a very good footballer and sometimes he bosses that midfield for us. But then literally the week after he's a ghost and doesn't involve himself at all. He can't do that at liverpool. Either play to you top level week in, week out or go back to Newcastle and have a good game every 4 or 5 matches there.

I don't even want to talk about tonight's game that much because I'm that angry but I just want to say that I hope tonight is the last time I see Mignolet play for liverpool. I know karius has struggled but I'd still prefer him all day over Mignolet. Nobody can be any worse than him. He is f**king woeful. It would be unfair to completely write off karius at the moment but it's not unfair to write Mignolet off. He's been here for years. It's time to go. He's bottom 6 Prem / top 6 championship standard.  Look at foster today, he's just your average premiership goalie and he shits on Mignolet.

Also emre can. He runs around and shoulder barges people a lot, which usually results in a foul, but he is one terrible footballer him. I honestly don't give a f**k if he goes because we should be looking to upgrade anyway.

How have we gone from alonso masch and Gerrard to hendo can and gini. None of our cms are good enough and we need to bring in another to partner Keita.

I think I'm gonna have to admit that I was wrong about matip too. Always thought he was a fine centre half. But he is becoming a huge liability for us now. Can't remember the last time he had a good game for us, or even a half decent one. Seems to be making mistakes week in week out but somehow gets away with it because of the other clowns around him. He's had an awful season.

The only criticism I have of klopp is for showing too much faith in some of these bottlers. They'll never be elite players because they're just not consistent enough and they go missing when we need them most.

He has to be ruthless this summer. It's his final chance for me. Persist with this squad and we won't win a thing and then the fans will really turn on Jürgen/FSG.

Summed up perfectly mate,  we go 1 up early, concede immediately and from there capitulate, this was a Pardew team scoring five, FIVE goals at Anfield, has that actually ever happened in our history, its not as if WBA played out of their skins either, we were simply f***in awful and quite frankly unacceptable,

Bottlers is exactly what they are, no fight, nothing, it F***ing irks me to see such a feeble lily livered midfield in our central areas, Can, Gini, Ox, Milner, Henderson not f***in one of them are good enough, not really,
      Gini too inconsistent, Ox bang average, Milner too old now, Can his head is elsewhere and is all but gone, and Henderson has never been good enough, well not in a Klopp side anyway and again bang average,
      There is absolutely no creativity in any of them in any combination, and we just sold the only one who had,

Once again our defence were unbelievably pathetic, all of them like fish up a tree, young Trent despite his youth got found out, Matip worse performance I've seen from him and proof we need another top drawer CB  next Virgil, talking of which looked lost and bewildered, and good old Bertie, the one chance he had to convince Jürgen he would/ could be his no1 LB  and he fu**ed it, no only did he F**k it up, he gave Klopp the thumbs up that he needs back up for Robbo, and it ain't f***in him, out you go Alberto careful that door handle don't hit your arse on the way out, and just like that f***in clown behind you i don't ever want to see you wearing our colours ever again.
      There should be crime of imitating a goalkeeper, if there were Mignolet would get life.

Our only glimmer of light from last nights total sh*te was our front three, and if we're honest they weren't that good either.

PATHETIC , WOEFUL, GUTLESS, SHAMBOLIC, AND UTTER f***in PISH, that's what we were and not forgetting....
      .....UNACCEPTABLE  !!

YNWA
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,970 posts | 3054 
      Reply #710: Jan 28, 2018 08:36:01 am
      The morning after the sh*te before.....
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,039 posts | 336 
      Reply #711: Jan 28, 2018 08:42:15 am
      Phhfffaaaaarrttttt.
      There, that’s out of my system. Nothing much else to say after that horror show. Better out than in.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #712: Jan 28, 2018 08:44:02 am
      I can not believe how badly we defended last night. In utter shock. Sunday league defending and we’ve just spent £75m to upgrade?

Conceded 7 goals in our last 3 games.

F***ing putrid dogshit.

Quick Reply