Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Alisson Becker (AS Roma)

Read 126524 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Alisson Becker (AS Roma)
      Reply #138: Apr 25, 2018 04:58:53 pm
      I would stick with Karius for the moment. He was at fault yesterday plus Alisson did nothing special.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #139: Apr 25, 2018 07:39:16 pm
      I think he has been a marked improvement on Mignolet and it was surely Lovren's fault for the goal yesterday for not clearing that ball.
      For decades we have been two or three players short of having a league winning team we may well be down to just one this summer.
      Winning the CL would be a massive statement for the club and I would only be happy to replace Karius with the quality of someone like DeGea.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #140: Apr 25, 2018 09:07:25 pm
      I thought he was good, but not as good as his YouTube bio funnily enough.

For the record - I donā€™t agree Karius made a bigger error. He misjudged BUT touched onto bar........Alisson dropped right in middle of the box.

He might well be better than Lorus.......but it wasnā€™t obvious last night.

Iā€™ve given Migs a lot of stick over the years, all be it deserved, so I try to be consistent if I can with all our players. Lovren I have slated time and again but given credit where due, or at least hope I have done.
      Iā€™ve been a supporter of Karius and think he should have been given a chance sooner but in keeping with how Iā€™ve slated Migs, Iā€™d have said he should have done better with the shot and how had it not been for the bar, weā€™d have been 1-0 down due to a keeper f**k up. In no circumstances should the ball be going through Kariusā€™ hands as easily as that.

Alisson made a f**k up dropping the ball but we were much closer to conceding as a result of the Karius error than what Roma were from the Alisson one.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #141: Apr 25, 2018 09:17:45 pm
      Exactly my point mate - as I said before Iā€™ve no idea if Lorus is the long term answer but I know he isnā€™t the immediate problem.......we donā€™t have one, just bits and bobs we could improve ;)

Iā€™d be more inclined to go after someone like Casillas so weā€™d have a mentor and someone that could step in and not have the situation be too big for him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #142: Apr 25, 2018 09:25:33 pm
      The way you guys are slating Alisson you just know that he will be immense next Wednesday and shut us out, lets instead start saying that he is the best keeper ever and jinx him :-)

Just my impression from going the match last night.

Hahaha not a chance, I'd have good money on Bobby or Salah scoring past them in Rome.

We're going to Kiev!!

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #143: Apr 25, 2018 09:40:25 pm
      Iā€™ve given Migs a lot of stick over the years, all be it deserved, so I try to be consistent if I can with all our players. Lovren I have slated time and again but given credit where due, or at least hope I have done.
      Iā€™ve been a supporter of Karius and think he should have been given a chance sooner but in keeping with how Iā€™ve slated Migs, Iā€™d have said he should have done better with the shot and how had it not been for the bar, weā€™d have been 1-0 down due to a keeper f**k up. In no circumstances should the ball be going through Kariusā€™ hands as easily as that.

Alisson made a f**k up dropping the ball but we were much closer to conceding as a result of the Karius error than what Roma were from the Alisson one.

Shot was going in, shot didnā€™t go in = save mate.

I too was ā€œF**k was that?ā€ At the time but thatā€™s the facts - whether he misjudged or not it DIDNā€™T go in so itā€™s a save.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #144: Apr 25, 2018 10:11:01 pm
      Shot was going in, shot didnā€™t go in = save mate.

I too was ā€œf**k was that?ā€ At the time but thatā€™s the facts - whether he misjudged or not it DIDNā€™T go in so itā€™s a save.

Likewise nothing came of the Alisson mistake either though.

Maybe Iā€™m not coming across right, I know at the end of the day itā€™s a save, but for me he just has to be more convincing with that. He turned an easy situation into a brief moment of dread that weā€™d gone 1-0 down. Heā€™s shown over the last few months heā€™s more than capable of dealing with that confidently and with no trouble, which is the reason why I expected better from him there. Itā€™s something I expect Migs to have done.
      The way Iā€™m seeing it is, if it was Salah having a glorious scoring opportunity, Iā€™d expect nothing less than him to take it, not because itā€™s his job but because itā€™s what heā€™s been doing consistently.

But either way, we won, nothing came of it and it didnā€™t have a negative impact on his game, something that wouldnt have been the case with Migs.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #145: Apr 25, 2018 10:19:15 pm
      I think the difference is that one stops it going in and one puts it in danger.

Wasnā€™t really aimed at you earlier just think too much wailing and gnashing of teeth about him because of years of Migs has just made us uneasy and some fans just wanna see Ā£40m spunked to feel better.

Defence is in good nick - yes we could do with another quality keeper, lb and cb but other than cb itā€™s just depth.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,152 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #146: Apr 26, 2018 12:38:25 pm
      This is a tough decision to be honest. I do like Alisson and think he is a great keeper but i am happy with Karius so far, he has been a massive improvement on Mignolet, of that there is no doubt. Karius is still only 24 years old, he is still a puppy in goalkeeping terms.

It is a big risk to take if we don't go for a top class keeper and Karius fails next Season.

Alisson is keeping Ederson out of the Brazil side and Ederson is an outstanding keeper.

Personally i'd love to see us sign Alisson.

Don't think FSG will authorise Ā£40 million plus for a keeper though.

Possibly a swap deal??

Mignolet plus Ā£39 million, 999thousand and 999 pounds and 99 pence?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #147: Apr 26, 2018 12:56:26 pm
      This is a tough decision to be honest. I do like Alisson and think he is a great keeper but i am happy with Karius so far, he has been a massive improvement on Mignolet, of that there is no doubt. Karius is still only 24 years old, he is still a puppy in goalkeeping terms.

It is a big risk to take if we don't go for a top class keeper and Karius fails next Season.

Alisson is keeping Ederson out of the Brazil side and Ederson is an outstanding keeper.

Personally i'd love to see us sign Alisson.

Don't think FSG will authorise Ā£40 million plus for a keeper though.

Possibly a swap deal??

Mignolet plus Ā£39 million, 999thousand and 999 pounds and 99 pence?

I don't get this, why not pay Ā£40m for a keeper who will secure us as many points as De Gea does for Manure? Personally A goalkeeper is the position I'd probably spend the most on in a team, a great goalkeeper makes such a huge difference to the team, same as a great striker.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,213 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #148: Apr 26, 2018 01:05:59 pm
      Not sure Alisson is the answer but saying stick with Karius, dont forget Kolarov shot in the 1st half that he made an arse off but got away with it. That carry on is to common which is why he cant be number 1
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #149: Apr 26, 2018 01:08:39 pm
      Not sure Alisson is the answer but saying stick with Karius, dont forget Kolarov shot in the 1st half that he made an arse off but got away with it. That carry on is to common which is why he cant be number 1

I think its very foolish to judge a keeper on one game, especially one where we were in scintillating form and their defence turned to Swiss cheese.
      Alisson is a superb keeper and without a doubt will be a big improvement on Karius who himself is a big improvement on Migs.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #150: Apr 26, 2018 03:47:35 pm
      I think its very foolish to judge a keeper on one game, especially one where we were in scintillating form and their defence turned to Swiss cheese.
      Alisson is a superb keeper and without a doubt will be a big improvement on Karius who himself is a big improvement on Migs.

Why shouldn't we judge Allison based on what we saw on Tuesday, when people are using individual game "errors" to judge Karius? So we should over analyze every play Karius made in the game but disregard Allison's?

I am sure Allison has had a good season but so has Karius so if we are going to nitpick plays for one, let's do it for both, and we'd see Allison did not have a good game against us.
      CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #151: Apr 26, 2018 03:50:06 pm
      BTW, Navas was brutal last night on Bayern's goal, yet another example that every goalie makes mistakes and that we need to look at the big picture instead of "he should have been an inch to his right" crap we complain about with Karius.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #152: Apr 26, 2018 04:33:39 pm
      "he should have been an inch to his right" crap we complain about with Karius.

Who is complaining and saying he should have been an inch to his right for that Dzeko goal? :O

Why shouldn't we judge Allison based on what we saw on Tuesday, when people are using individual game "errors" to judge Karius? So we should over analyze every play Karius made in the game but disregard Allison's?

I am sure Allison has had a good season but so has Karius so if we are going to nitpick plays for one, let's do it for both, and we'd see Allison did not have a good game against us.

No doubt Karius has helped improved our defense, no doubt he is a better keeper, and no doubt keepers make mistakes, but with these  Mig mistakes (big ones imo) last few games creeping in, an unsure performance vs West Brom makes me wonder. I have praised him like everyone else on here, but there will always be doubt with a keeper that has potential rather than established.

No one knows if he will be world class or sh*t in the future, but he is still potential and it could go either way, and some wanting more of an established keeper (whether 10m or 60m) over Karius is just as understandable as some wanting to keep Karius as our #1 and give him a chance.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #153: Apr 26, 2018 05:01:30 pm

WTF?? Who's nitpicking individual plays? In my post I said that Karius is a big improvement on Migs but Alisson is a big improvement on Karius, I think the vast majority of football fans and managers would agree with that statement, hence why Alisson is the number 1 keeper for Brasil whilst Karius is no where near the German national team.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #154: Apr 26, 2018 05:02:45 pm
      BTW, Navas was brutal last night on Bayern's goal, yet another example that every goalie makes mistakes and that we need to look at the big picture instead of "he should have been an inch to his right" crap we complain about with Karius.

Actually he made one mistake for their goal but then made several excellent saves to more than make up fo rit, overall it was an excellent goalkeeping display.

Big picture you see rather than overanalysing individual plays!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #155: Apr 26, 2018 05:20:12 pm
      Actually he made one mistake for their goal but then made several excellent saves to more than make up fo rit, overall it was an excellent goalkeeping display.

Big picture you see rather than overanalysing individual plays!

To be honest the 'excellent saves' were all rather standard for a keeper at that level especially given that most his saves came from narrow goal angles courtesy of Ribery's predictably dire decision making.
      « Last Edit: Apr 26, 2018 07:43:27 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #156: Apr 26, 2018 07:05:36 pm
      To be honest the 'excellent saves' we're all rather standard for a keeper at that level especially given that most his saves came from narrow goal angles courtesy of Ribery's predictably dire decision making.

I did not watch the game but did watch the highlights and agree with your statements. For example, there was a close-range save he made but the ball was directly hit at him.

Would Navas make the save Karius made against Everton? Those are world-class saves.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #157: May 28, 2018 03:38:23 am
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #158: May 28, 2018 05:19:18 am

Just now seeing Andy Hunter in The Guardian writing that we will target a keeper. There's no sourcing but Andy usually has a pretty good pipeline to management. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/27/mohamed-salah-confident-fit-world-cup

Seems to think they will go after Allison after all.
      « Last Edit: May 28, 2018 01:29:43 pm by Robby The Z »
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #159: May 28, 2018 09:21:27 am
      Yep, he is referring to the Ā£70m from CL and Ā£142m from Cou's sale as our probable transfer budget.

If Roma do budge and are willing to let go of Alisson, I think we might have to part with a fee very similar to Fekir - assuming both can be agreed. But there are signs that its gonna drag through out the summer. Pulisic might cost close to a similar figure as well unless we can agree on a loan deal for Dembele (something that quite a few sources have quoted).

Yep, he is referring to the Ā£70m from CL and Ā£142m from Cou's sale as our probable transfer budget.

If Roma do budge and are willing to let go of Alisson, I think we might have to part with a fee very similar to Fekir - assuming both can be agreed. But there are signs that its gonna drag through out the summer. Pulisic might cost close to a similar figure as well unless we can agree on a loan deal for Dembele (something that quite a few sources have quoted).
      « Last Edit: May 28, 2018 11:15:26 am by Vicks86 »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #160: May 28, 2018 11:45:56 am
      Need to get this wrapped up immediately.

Just offer the Ā£87 million asking price and get him in.

It's far too long since we've had a proper no1.

Quick Reply