Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Alisson Becker (AS Roma)

Read 126478 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Alisson Becker (AS Roma)
      Reply #207: May 30, 2018 12:45:11 am
      I read that Roma have come out to say Allison's fee is 90m. If that's true, we should activate Oblak's release clause which I believe is south of that still. I like what you are serving up!

Alisson has also only had the one season so far at Roma as first choice. I'm not sure he's proved to be worth the money they would want, where as Oblak has been established as a top, top keeper for 3 seasons now. I was all for Alisson before and I wouldn't complain if we did sign him but as I said recently, when we played them he really didn't impress me in either game, the 2nd in particular where he nearly dropped the ball at the feet of Firmino and then he was trying to keep the ball from Salah well out of his area, was getting in a right mess. I'd like to think that over the 2 games he'd have impressed in at least 1 of them. I've seen a few things saying we are unsure about his consistency and I can see why it's being said. He's an upgrade on what we have for sure but I don't think he's an 80/90million upgrade, especially when you take into account the only reason as to why they are probably wanting that is because of how much of a bargain Salah has been. He's virtually the same age as Oblak and would cost a similar fee, to me it's a no brainer. I'd probably take Donnarumma ahead of Alisson too.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #208: May 30, 2018 12:47:47 am
      Alisson has also only had the one season so far at Roma as first choice. I'm not sure he's proved to be worth the money they would want, where as Oblak has been established as a top, top keeper for 3 seasons now. I was all for Alisson before and I wouldn't complain if we did sign him but as I said recently, when we played them he really didn't impress me in either game, the 2nd in particular where he nearly dropped the ball at the feet of Firmino and then he was trying to keep the ball from Salah well out of his area. I've seen a few things saying we are unsure about his consistency and I can see why it's being said. He's an upgrade on what we have for sure but I don't think he's an 80/90million upgrade. He's virtually the same age as Oblak and would cost a similar fee, to me it's a no brainer. I'd probably take Donnarumma ahead of Alisson too.

If we can get Oblak for 100m....just pay it. I mean that's your keeper position sorted for the next ten years. That's 10m per year over those ten years. Surely that's a pittance to pay for a world class keeper?

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6714 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #209: May 30, 2018 01:38:51 am
      If we can get Oblak for 100m....just pay it. I mean that's your keeper position sorted for the next ten years. That's 10m per year over those ten years. Surely that's a pittance to pay for a world class keeper?

Spot on Brother!
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #210: May 30, 2018 04:19:46 am
      https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/1001569370101952512

So, after denials and rejections, they finally name a price. I'm sure we can get him for a lower fee but still pay double the Ederson fee. Average that over 2 seasons to include Salah's fee - we would still be getting a steal for these 2!

Make it happen!!
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #211: May 30, 2018 04:57:00 am

Might as well sign Neymar when we’re at it. £25M a season for the next 10 years is nothing right?
      £100M is in fact about more than 25% of our annual turnover based on last years figures. Paying a release clause means paying it all in one go, it’s a serious amount of money you’d be talking about to get Oblak which I can’t see happening. A negotiated deal for Alisson paid over a few years seems much more likely as much as I’d prefer Oblak
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #212: May 30, 2018 09:32:39 am
      I genuinely don't believe we need to spunk such an amount of money on a goalie that we've already slotted 7 past last season.

Yes we need a keeper but we've got bigger priorities across the squad for our money and we're going to look pretty soft if he does his cruciates in the first game of the season.

Roma are not going to give us a good deal on a keeper, and let's face it after last Saturday we've already got a premium on our hands when we approach any club.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,171 posts | 829 
      Reply #213: May 30, 2018 09:36:28 am
      Lads,  I can understand why Klopp is targeting Alisson more than Oblak to be honest. Alisson is more of a rounded keeper who is top draw with his feet and his distribution is excellent. He suits us better than Oblak because we play at a higher line. Not saying Oblak won't improve our GK position massively, he would but so would Alisson and I just think he's a better GK for Klopp's system.

I think Oblak is a world class shot stopper, who is also great at commanding his area but he isn't good with his feet, well not as good as Alisson. Oblak would probably suit a team that plays a bit deeper (like Atletico) and isn't in a hurry to start counter attacks quickly.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #214: May 30, 2018 09:39:30 am
      Several prior to the goals

Yes I do. Very seriously.

You’re confusing magnitude of error with frequency.

Navas makes them week in, week out - he’s not even better than Migs.

Definitely see your point on this.

To be fair to Karius, I think if he hadn't have been alert in about the 10th minute or so, then TAA's fumble with the ball would have been 1-0 to Madrid early doors.  Genuinely believe that with our other lad in goal (or possibly some of the names we want to spend £80M on) he wouldn't have been out as far and the scapegoat of the final would have been young Trent.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #215: May 30, 2018 09:46:37 am
      Might as well sign Neymar when we’re at it. £25M a season for the next 10 years is nothing right?
      £100M is in fact about more than 25% of our annual turnover based on last years figures. Paying a release clause means paying it all in one go, it’s a serious amount of money you’d be talking about to get Oblak which I can’t see happening. A negotiated deal for Alisson paid over a few years seems much more likely as much as I’d prefer Oblak

You are thinking about it wrong though, for example when you buy a house for £250k, that isn't money down the drain is it because you have an asset that provides value and that you can sell if you need to. In the case of a house it gives you somewhere to live, in the case of Allison or Oblak a goalkeeper who can actually tend goal at the very highest level and save us a lot of dropped points.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #216: May 30, 2018 01:34:35 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #217: May 30, 2018 01:37:52 pm
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #218: May 30, 2018 01:46:41 pm
      I'd take Sander Westerveld at this rate!
      Rohan
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 73 posts |
      Reply #219: May 30, 2018 02:01:40 pm
      I genuinely don't believe we need to spunk such an amount of money on a goalie that we've already slotted 7 past last season.

Yes we need a keeper but we've got bigger priorities across the squad for our money and we're going to look pretty soft if he does his cruciates in the first game of the season.

Roma are not going to give us a good deal on a keeper, and let's face it after last Saturday we've already got a premium on our hands when we approach any club.

They were 7 sound goals though, not much a world class keeper could do with them. I just want a keeper who can do the basics with little to none F**k ups.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #220: May 30, 2018 02:02:20 pm
      Oblak it is then. Works for me.

Without doubt, but I also bet my life there are other strong keepers out there that we are totally oblivious to that are better than what we have! But the question is, will Klopp stick with Karius or not?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #221: May 30, 2018 02:03:59 pm
      They were 7 sound goals though, not much a world class keeper could do with them. I just want a keeper who can do the basics with little to none f**k ups.

Yeah, people saying Alisson isn't as good as what we have because of what they saw vs us should also take note Karius conceded 6 ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #222: May 30, 2018 02:14:11 pm
      Oblak it is then. Works for me.

Isn't his release clause around £100 million? Can't see it somehow.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #223: May 30, 2018 02:17:37 pm

It's still £85-87m, he hasn't signed anything yet, but I too doubt we'll go for him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #224: May 30, 2018 02:40:56 pm

Yea like PM said, I think it's not quite that high, but if we were considering Allison for what they were quoting (maybe we were, maybe not), I'd rather go for Oblak. He's your goalie till he retires if you invest. Not my money, let's go for it :D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,927 posts | 4990 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #225: May 30, 2018 04:36:54 pm
      Can't honestly see us spunking £80-£90m on any keeper when we could invest somewhere in the region of £25-£30m on the Pope , a young lad making strides in the Epl and now a international keeper, we'd get alot more than ten yrs out of him too,
      Meanwhile we could use £50m+ of the proposed Oblak/Allison money to bring in a top drawer CB to partner Virgil somebody like Alderieweld or/and a forward that compliment's our already fantastic trio, Lewandowski wants a new challenge and he likes Jürgen a lot!!

YNWA

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #226: May 30, 2018 05:14:40 pm

100million Euros, not pounds.

Can't honestly see us spunking £80-£90m on any keeper when we could invest somewhere in the region of £25-£30m on the Pope , a young lad making strides in the Epl and now a international keeper, we'd get alot more than ten yrs out of him too,
      Meanwhile we could use £50m+ of the proposed Oblak/Allison money to bring in a top drawer CB to partner Virgil somebody like Alderieweld or/and a forward that compliment's our already fantastic trio, Lewandowski wants a new challenge and he likes Jürgen a lot!!

YNWA

We wouldn’t pay best part of 50mill for Alderweireld, not a chance, he’s near on 30 now. If we are paying that kind of money on a CB then for me it has to be Gimenez who apparently has a 60mill Euro release clause.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,927 posts | 4990 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #227: May 30, 2018 05:22:11 pm
      100million Euros, not pounds.

We wouldn’t pay best part of 50mill for Alderweireld, not a chance, he’s near on 30 now. If we are paying that kind of money on a CB then for me it has to be Gimenez who apparently has a 60mill Euro release clause.

Would settle for that to mate either way we would be almost invincible, and have those around us very worried to boot !

YNWA
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #228: May 30, 2018 05:34:06 pm
      We need a keeper ,quality costs , Lloris, Courtois, De Gea,Ederson would cost how much.
      Imagine 15- 18 clean sheets a season (LK had 10) not having to score over 2 goals every 3 games, CL football every season, your fighting on all fronts for trophies and leagues  your investment gets better as he gets older,he instills a confidence in your defence thats never been there before how much would you value it at ,also remembering they dont want to sell, its Liverpool thats come knocking who have  got bundles to spend, your getting your breeks taken down whatever way you go just bite the bullet and move on   
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #229: May 30, 2018 05:36:37 pm

I am so confused, I remember googling and reading up on articles about Gimenez being a free agent in the summer.  Mandela effect? :O

Quick Reply