Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Alisson Becker (AS Roma)

Read 126444 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Re: Alisson Becker (AS Roma)
      Reply #276: Jun 01, 2018 11:01:52 pm
      Klopp is not the type to throw a player under the bus...
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #277: Jun 02, 2018 11:58:37 pm
      If we do sign Alisson, I can see Jürgen deciding to let go off Karius as well, probably back to Germany. Dont think he can ever play with the same confidence that he displayed between Jan and May. His every movement will be scrutinized not just by media but also at LFC REDS ;D

Joking aside, if Alisson is our #1, I can Ward taking up the #2 spot, playing in a couple of cup of games and probably one of the academy lads (Shamal George or Kamil Grabara) will fill in as #3, or we might some veteran GK, who knows!

Say €25mil from both Karius and Mig would still be a handsome return in this market!

If you think we'd get rid of Mignolet, Ward and Karius in the same season you're seriously deluding yourself. This won't happen anymore than we will sign Alisson. He's a tabloid/fan favourite. Roma priced themselves out and the player himself is only interested in a move to Real, so even if we did sign him, do we want a player who is going to be agitating for a move to Spain next Summer? No thanks, we can do without that hassle and there are better players the club should be spending £60 million on.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #278: Jun 03, 2018 03:44:26 am
      If you think we'd get rid of Mignolet, Ward and Karius in the same season you're seriously deluding yourself. This won't happen anymore than we will sign Alisson. He's a tabloid/fan favourite. Roma priced themselves out and the player himself is only interested in a move to Real, so even if we did sign him, do we want a player who is going to be agitating for a move to Spain next Summer? No thanks, we can do without that hassle and there are better players the club should be spending £60 million on.

Had a good laugh at that. Sunday is gonna be good!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #279: Jun 03, 2018 07:59:52 pm
      So I wasn’t impressed in the games I saw him play against us, and now having watched him for Brazil today I’m sill not impressed. He looks a nervous wreck and his kicking was like Mignolet Part 2, went straight out of play early on! I like to think that I’d be impressed by him at least once in these 3 games I’ve seen of him given Roma want 60/70/80mill for him, but I haven’t. If we sign him I can see us still having an uncomfortable keeper situation. The more I see of him the less I want us to sign him, there is no way he’s worth anywhere near what they want for him IMO.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #280: Jun 03, 2018 08:36:06 pm
      Yea I think we should pass on this guy and go all in for either Oblak or Courtois he doesn't look anywhere near a £70 million valued keeper he's hardly De Gea like.
      Guruji
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts | 55 
      Reply #281: Jun 03, 2018 11:37:37 pm
      For those judging Allison on the two games vs us and the 7 goals we put past him...probably the only goal which you might've expected Allison to do better was Salah's 2nd at Anfield, where I initially thought he came rushing out too quickly. But when you watch it back, it's clear the defenders are too slow to catch Mo, so Allison does the right thing and makes the finish as difficult as possible - in the end, our Egyptian had the class to lightly chip it over him but with enough speed to get it across the line.

Don't forget, we put seven past Ederson over the two Anfield games vs City as well. One of those goals we scored was a direct consequence of an Ederson error, where he cleared it straight to Salah. Yet look at Ederson's overall impact made to City - all the modern keeper characteristics which he possesses has taken them to another level. His anticipation and distribution, despite the aforementioned error, has been sublime and really exposes how far behind other top keepers are in terms of skills beside shot-stopping. And yes, whilst I appreciate the main role of a keeper is to stop the opposition from scoring, you do need much more than that these days.

Allison remains first choice ahead of Ederson for Brazil (at the moment) which shows the qualities this lad has. On top of this, dependent of what source you read, he has been extensively scouted by Klopp's staff for some time now. If they feel he is the one who should be our new No.1, why should we argue given our recent transfer successes?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #282: Jun 04, 2018 12:08:39 am
      For those judging Allison on the two games vs us and the 7 goals we put past him...probably the only goal which you might've expected Allison to do better was Salah's 2nd at Anfield, where I initially thought he came rushing out too quickly. But when you watch it back, it's clear the defenders are too slow to catch Mo, so Allison does the right thing and makes the finish as difficult as possible - in the end, our Egyptian had the class to lightly chip it over him but with enough speed to get it across the line.

Don't forget, we put seven past Ederson over the two Anfield games vs City as well. One of those goals we scored was a direct consequence of an Ederson error, where he cleared it straight to Salah. Yet look at Ederson's overall impact made to City - all the modern keeper characteristics which he possesses has taken them to another level. His anticipation and distribution, despite the aforementioned error, has been sublime and really exposes how far behind other top keepers are in terms of skills beside shot-stopping. And yes, whilst I appreciate the main role of a keeper is to stop the opposition from scoring, you do need much more than that these days.

Allison remains first choice ahead of Ederson for Brazil (at the moment) which shows the qualities this lad has. On top of this, dependent of what source you read, he has been extensively scouted by Klopp's staff for some time now. If they feel he is the one who should be our new No.1, why should we argue given our recent transfer successes?

Why do people assume the reason some are put off him or unsure of him is because we put 7 past him? Admittedly that doesn’t look good for him but he done himself no favours either. But a few examples; He literally nearly dropped the ball right in front of Firmino on the edge of the box, he was trying to take on Salah outside of his box and got away with it by the skin of his teeth, his kicking wasn’t great and was highlighted in the game vs Croatia just how bad it actually is and he looks incredibly nervous for a keeper who’s meant to be one of the best around at the moment. I’d rather we paid 70mill on another CB at the quality of Giminez and give Karius one last chance than 70mill on Alisson the way it’s going. Let’s see how he looks in the next game he plays. I can see him getting dropped for Ederson before the groups are finished.

Some people saying he’s more suited to our style of play than Oblak really need to just take a look at the game vs Croatia, his distribution and ball at his feet was seriously no better than Migs. In fact around the 45min mark, he even came charging out of his box to clear the ball but completely missed the ball and jumped into the player instead!
      « Last Edit: Jun 04, 2018 12:21:11 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #283: Jun 04, 2018 08:00:21 am
      So I wasn’t impressed in the games I saw him play against us, and now having watched him for Brazil today I’m sill not impressed. He looks a nervous wreck and his kicking was like Mignolet Part 2, went straight out of play early on! I like to think that I’d be impressed by him at least once in these 3 games I’ve seen of him given Roma want 60/70/80mill for him, but I haven’t. If we sign him I can see us still having an uncomfortable keeper situation. The more I see of him the less I want us to sign him, there is no way he’s worth anywhere near what they want for him IMO.

Yeah completely agree. Infact I'm shocked he gets a game ahead of Ederson.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #284: Jun 04, 2018 08:12:57 am
      I’ve said a few times this season - as a pure keeper - I don’t see him as a significant upgrade on Karius.

Now the other side of Real Madrid that looks a stretch but........if we do sign him he’ll need time cos he ain’t a great keeper.......yet 🤔
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,283 posts | 235 
      Reply #285: Jun 04, 2018 09:26:05 am
      alisson is good gk and better that we have, but Oblak is different level..
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #286: Jun 04, 2018 11:25:53 am
      **pinch of salt**

https://twitter.com/alves_marcus/status/1003545405513195521

On the other hand, Marca say he'll reject us in order to wait for a move to Real Madrid (of course, Marca!)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #287: Jun 04, 2018 11:57:48 am
      **pinch of salt**

https://twitter.com/alves_marcus/status/1003545405513195521

On the other hand, Marca say he'll reject us in order to wait for a move to Real Madrid (of course, Marca!)

The man who also said we were signing Ruben Neves.
      Kopite78
      Reply #288: Jun 04, 2018 04:35:08 pm
      I was at Anfield yesterday and I didn't see that much negative in him whatsoever

Alright his kicking may have looked on face value a couple of times to be a bit lofty but to be honest that was lead by the lack of pace in the game, movement in front of him for the majority was slow, of anything because of that he was trying to be too precise
      He did hit a couple if beauties though and also his touch and in tight places is assured.. with quicker movement from Sadio and Mo I could see his kicking being a threat.

Also worth adding his distribution from.hand was superb, he clears 20 or so yards into the opposition half with a throw, so again to Sadio and Mo quick breaks from corners or crosses could be lightening

Didn't really have a save to make, one really where he got down smartly and held onto it

Can't say I can get too excited by any link of 60 odd million quid on a keeper but I imagine if Jürgen does sanction it then he will be worth it

I'm not writing him off or hanging hopes on 2 or 3 games though
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,724 posts | 880 
      Reply #289: Jun 04, 2018 05:13:35 pm
      Hold on.. am I reading suggestions that he is not good enough for Liverpool... yet Real Madrid are after him?
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #290: Jun 04, 2018 05:32:42 pm
      Hold on.. am I reading suggestions that he is not good enough for Liverpool... yet Real Madrid are after him?

So what? Navas starts for Real Madrid, and he would not be a good choice for us
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #291: Jun 04, 2018 05:43:39 pm

Hmm Navas or Calamity Karius, its a tough tough choice!!!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #292: Jun 04, 2018 05:53:48 pm

Not if you’ve watched them both OTHER than UCL final it’s not.......Karius all day long.

Kopite78
      Reply #293: Jun 04, 2018 05:54:05 pm

If Navas is better than Karius, and at this stage id say he probably is, but at 10 years older as a keeper it's nothing short of what I'd expect. He isn't significantly better that I'd want us going at. It's fairly marginal in my opinion and if we replace Karius then I'd want it to be a significant improvement

Is Allison? I think so yeah.
      Is Oblak? Yeah
      Navas? I wouldn't waste our budget on the small gain
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,393 posts | 3397 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #294: Jun 04, 2018 06:45:07 pm

Rather have jesus navas in goal
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,152 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #295: Jun 04, 2018 07:10:54 pm
      Just get Alisson or Courtois.

Oblak will not happen, we will not pay that price for a keeper.
      DanMann

• 5,724 posts | 880 
      Reply #296: Jun 04, 2018 07:57:25 pm

That's not really the point. Real Madrid are attempting to upgrade on Navas.

They're not rumoured to be trying to steal Karius from us though huh?  ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #297: Jun 04, 2018 08:23:01 pm
      Just get Alisson or Courtois.

Oblak will not happen, we will not pay that price for a keeper.

Well that rules out Alisson too then doesn’t it because Rona want a similar fee to Oblak. Courtois has no intention of going anywhere other than Spain by the looks of it.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #298: Jun 05, 2018 07:57:39 pm
      I trust that all this is true enough as Neil Jones has good links.

ALISSON'S ANFIELD AUDITION - BUT WILL LIVERPOOL MOVE FOR A NEW NO.1 THIS SUMMER?

NEIL JONES

The Roma goalkeeper is admired by the Reds as doubts over Loris Karius's future persist following his Champions League nightmare
      Article continues below

It’s the sight many Liverpool supporters want to see on a regular basis.

There was Alisson Becker; gloves on, taking the acclaim of the crowd, filling the goal at the Kop End.

Maybe, just maybe.

Brazil’s goalkeeper is becoming well acquainted with Anfield. That’s two visits now in little more than a month. For him, the second time was better than the first.

Battered with Roma back in April, the 25-year-old could enjoy Sunday’s occasion a little more, his clean sheet helping Brazil step up their World Cup preparations with a 2-0 win over Croatia, on a day when the returning Neymar stole the show.

For Liverpool, goalkeepers are a hot topic right now. Loris Karius’s errors in the Champions League final in Kiev have ensured that the No.1 jersey at Anfield will be discussed and debated all summer long. You don’t have to look far to find an opinion on that subject.

Alisson, then, has found himself brought into the equation. Liverpool, Goal understands, are long-time admirers and earlier this season made enquiries as to the possibility of bringing him to Merseyside.

Discussions were initially promising, with the player and his representatives keen on the idea of joining the Jürgen Klopp revolution. The Premier League appeals, as does the idea of joining up with Roberto Firmino, his international colleague, and Mo Salah, his former club-mate. Players, it is increasingly clear, find Liverpool and Klopp a very attractive proposition at the moment.

Roma, though, have other ideas. The Italians are acutely aware of what happened last summer, when they sold a star player to Liverpool and were made to look foolish. The £36.9 million (€42.1m/$49.3m) received for Salah last June already looks paltry. Monchi, Roma’s sporting director, is keen to avoid a repeat – and unlike last year his club are under no pressure to sell this time.

The impasse meant that, in February, Liverpool took the unusual step of informing Alisson’s agent, Ze Maria Neis, that they would not be bidding for his client this summer . Karius’s form at the time was improving, and the idea was that the German would be given a prolonged chance to establish himself as No.1 .

Kiev, though, has certainly re-opened the debate. Karius’s two high-profile errors, on the biggest stage of all, raise fresh questions as to his long-term suitability. The 24-year-old will be supported by the club, but his credentials and his confidence have suffered a huge hit. It would be a huge gamble on Klopp’s part to place all his trust in the former Mainz man next season.

With Simon Mignolet reluctant to continue in his role as deputy, and interest from several clubs across the continent, Liverpool are likely to need at least one goalkeeper this summer anyway. They have high hopes for Kamil Grabara, the Polish youth international who has impressed at Under-23 level, but Danny Ward, the third choice, played just one game last season and turns 25 later this month; the Welshman would be wise to seek regular football himself.

The question, then, is whether Liverpool commit big money and go after a top-class No.1, effectively ending Karius’s Reds career, or whether they back their man and sign someone to deputise and compete instead.

If it is the former, then Alisson will very much be in their thoughts – more so than, say, Jack Butland, who is rated nowhere near as highly among the recruitment and coaching staff. Others, such as Jan Oblak of Atletico Madrid or the highly-rated Gigi Donnarumma of Milan, have been tentatively linked but nothing more.

Liverpool had spotters watching Alisson at Anfield on Sunday, though his performance in the friendly against Croatia was a mixed one in truth, which told us little about his suitability.

There were two smart saves down to his left - one from Andrej Kramaric in the first half, one from Ivan Perisic in the second - but also a few moments of hesitation with the ball at his feet; his first two contributions to the game saw him slam clearances straight out of play under pressure.

Even expensive goalkeepers can make errors or misjudgments, though it was notable how willing Alisson was to receive and to play the ball short to his defenders. Karius, of course, found out the hard way that such a policy comes with its own risks.

Whatever happens this summer, Liverpool will be taking a gamble with their goalkeepers. Sticking with the status quo would be a huge show of faith at a time when many would cut their losses, while spending big on a new No.1 would be a significant statement. Klopp has never done that before as a manager.

With Fabinho already on board and talks over a deal for Nabil Fekir continuing – Liverpool are keen to get that one wrapped up, but are yet to agree a fee with Lyon – the Reds are looking to make serious progress with their signings this summer.

Much will need to change if Alisson is to be a part of that, but plenty of fans will be hoping it does.

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en-gb/amp/news/alissons-anfield-audition-but-will-liverpool-move-for-a-new/9ns413w6i9oz19lr869a9b9zo?__twitter_impression=true

Quick Reply