Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Alisson Becker (AS Roma)

Read 126523 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Alisson Becker (AS Roma)
      Reply #368: Jun 13, 2018 07:16:07 pm
      Sound, you admit you troll 👍

I always thought you were, just thought Rib was a thick f**k
      Ahh there we are. Kopite78 the genius of the world. All hail the higher intelligence.
      Maybe you figured out a proofing method of Goldbach’s Conjecture to infinity and kept it secret.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #369: Jun 13, 2018 07:20:31 pm
      The case against Karius is NOT just the final although that should be more than enough reason to replace him. In reality Karius is a good'ish keeper but we need and deserve an excellent keeper.
      I think because of the concussion we should give Karius the benefit of the doubt. We can't afford to take the risk though, so I think get rid of Mignolet and get a world class keeper.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #370: Jun 13, 2018 09:21:32 pm
      I can’t see how we can keep karius, just isn’t possible and to be fair the fact we were trying to get this guy shows klopp wants a new number 1

The key issue is i Believe he was our only plan

how much do you think we will get for him at present?... No way will he go until Klopp completely loses faith in him.
      You will not find many who wouldn't take DeGea or Neuer but it aint going to happen.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #371: Jun 13, 2018 09:45:06 pm
      Not just is he overrated, he comes with a ton of baggage in his agent Raiola.

Some of the logic used here when it comes to our goalie situation is quite baffling: Karius has 10 clean sheets and 14 goals allowed in 19 games, contributing to the best defense in the league in the 2nd half of last season, but people want him out because he made 2 big mistakes in the CL final (while potentially impacted by a concussion), and yet, some of these people say they'd have Donnarumma, who made equally awful mistakes against Juventus. Why not the uproar about that? ???

(the fun starts just before the 3 minute mark)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocAtykbEgN4

Plenty were unconvinced by Karius long before the final, you only have to read through his thread to see that. An improvement on Mignolet no doubt but not enough for a side with title ambitions. It’s great quoting the stats but the form of VVD and Robertson was a much greater contributing factor in my opinion.
      Kopite78
      Reply #372: Jun 13, 2018 09:47:02 pm
      Ahh there we are. Kopite78 the genius of the world. All hail the higher intelligence.
      Maybe you figured out a proofing method of Goldbach’s Conjecture to infinity and kept it secret.

Ah thanks mate 👍
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #373: Jun 13, 2018 09:54:51 pm

Is there any need for this type of language deary me.

Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #374: Jun 13, 2018 10:00:21 pm
      1 year ago very few of us had heard of this lad, he had been no 2 to Szczesny for a season. If the recruitment team think there is better value I back them
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #375: Jun 13, 2018 10:15:59 pm
      I think we'll sign a keeper but more to replace Migs than Karius.

Yep. I don’t even know that I believe Allison is that big of a step up on Karius.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,449 posts | 208 
      Reply #376: Jun 13, 2018 10:42:23 pm
      how much do you think we will get for him at present?... No way will he go until Klopp completely loses faith in him.
      You will not find many who wouldn't take DeGea or Neuer but it aint going to happen.

We would get nothing, best to loan him out

He will be destroyed by the other teams fans if he ever players again

But most importantly, he is in no way good enough, the issue is he lacks a big game mentality and cracks under pressure, he showed that in the biggest game of them all

The question we have to ask is simple

Do we want to challenge to be the best ?

If the answer is yes we need a good keeper, note I didn’t say world class, just a good one

Karius would struggle to get in most other pl teams imo
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #377: Jun 13, 2018 10:50:14 pm
      We would get nothing, best to loan him out

He will be destroyed by the other teams fans if he ever players again

But most importantly, he is in no way good enough, the issue is he lacks a big game mentality and cracks under pressure, he showed that in the biggest game of them all

The question we have to ask is simple

Do we want to challenge to be the best ?

If the answer is yes we need a good keeper, note I didn’t say world class, just a good one

Karius would struggle to get in most other pl teams imo

Your last line. ;D you don't watch much EPL football do you?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #378: Jun 13, 2018 11:03:59 pm
      Yep. I don’t even know that I believe Allison is that big of a step up on Karius.

So Karius must be worth about £60m then and I guess we are batting away offers for him every day!
      Look there is one thing being loyal to your players but this is bordering on delusional fantasy now.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #379: Jun 13, 2018 11:30:28 pm
      So Karius must be worth about £60m then and I guess we are batting away offers for him every day!
      Look there is one thing being loyal to your players but this is bordering on delusional fantasy now.

To be fair how much of Alisson have you actually seen? I’ve seen him play 3 times at most and he looked far from being a £60mill player.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #380: Jun 14, 2018 03:58:20 am
      To be fair how much of Alisson have you actually seen? I’ve seen him play 3 times at most and he looked far from being a £60mill player.

Yeah seen him twice against us and then in the WC friendly and wasn't overly impressed to make me say WOW that's world class!
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #381: Jun 14, 2018 05:52:14 am
      To be honest, I think we may not adequately resolve our goalkeeper issue until Real Madrid finally sign a big one, because they are first choice for most top goalkeepers potentially available. Basically, Madrid seem to want De Gea or Courtois, but if they can't get one of those, would apparently target Allison. All three would rather go to Madrid.

Although Alisson seems content in Roma, I think he understands his stock is unlikely to be higher in the next few years than after an overachieving champions league semi-final run, and no doubt an even better run with Brazil in the world cup. He's not going to be super keen on Liverpool unless Madrid get De Gea or Courtois. Also, Roma recognise that Madrid's interest will only raise the transfer fee, so are also holding out.

Courtois doesn't have CL football this year with Chelsea so should be keen to go. Madrid is obviously an attractive situation for him for family reasons too, and he has said he won't leave Chelsea for another premier league club. However, if he misses out on Madrid, and the transfer window is about to close, would he be happy to stay? Would Chelsea be happy with risking not qualifying for CL again (a solid possibility) and then losing Courtois on a free?

I think we're going to be forced to wait it out and it's going to kill most of us. It looks like we're only going to really pay for a GK if it's one of the really big boys rather than be impatient and spend, say, 15-35 mil on the Butlands and Popes of this world in order to get the deal promptly. As hard as it is, I'm happy with that as long as we don't enter the season with Karius and Mignolet still, and then perhaps get one in January (like with Van Dijk and the CB situation), but find ourselves 10+ points behind Man City in the league again.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,152 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #382: Jun 14, 2018 08:02:29 am
      Liverpool transfer news: Jürgen Klopp sends instructions to the board over Alisson deal
      Jürgen KLOPP has reportedly instructed the Liverpool board to give up trying to sign Roma star Alisson Becker.

Liverpool are in the hunt for a new goalkeeper with concerns mounting over Loris Karius in the wake of the Reds’ 3-1 Champions League final defeat to Real Madrid last month.

Alisson has been continually linked with a move to Anfield, although Roma have valued him in excess of £70million and they are still smarting from selling Mohamed Salah last summer for less than £40m.

Reports had suggested that the Merseyside giants had lodged a £60m bid, but that doesn’t appear to be the case.

And according to the Daily Mirror, Klopp has no desire to pay anywhere near what Roma are asking for.

Instead, he will turn his attention elsewhere in order to strengthen between the sticks.

There have been claims that Liverpool are looking at Southampton’s Alex McCarthy, although a deal could prove potentially tricky to negotiate given their transfer dealings in the past with the South Coast outfit.

It is also understood that third-choice goalkeeper Danny Ward could be promoted to compete with Karius.

Although Alisson appears to be out of the Reds’ price range, ESPN pundit Shaka Hislop thinks Klopp must spend big to get a top goalkeeper.

Click Here For Article

If this is true then i am absolutely fine with the decision to let this one go. Klopp will clearly not be ripped off and you have got to love him for that.

Just read that Madrid have agreed deal in principle with Roma but are only offering £48 million with 4.4 million in add-ons i think, don't quote me on that.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #383: Jun 14, 2018 08:14:13 am

and what do you imagine people think of Karius? ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #384: Jun 14, 2018 08:20:12 am
      Liverpool transfer news: Jürgen Klopp sends instructions to the board over Alisson deal
      Jürgen KLOPP has reportedly instructed the Liverpool board to give up trying to sign Roma star Alisson Becker.

Liverpool are in the hunt for a new goalkeeper with concerns mounting over Loris Karius in the wake of the Reds’ 3-1 Champions League final defeat to Real Madrid last month.

Alisson has been continually linked with a move to Anfield, although Roma have valued him in excess of £70million and they are still smarting from selling Mohamed Salah last summer for less than £40m.

Reports had suggested that the Merseyside giants had lodged a £60m bid, but that doesn’t appear to be the case.

And according to the Daily Mirror, Klopp has no desire to pay anywhere near what Roma are asking for.

Instead, he will turn his attention elsewhere in order to strengthen between the sticks.

There have been claims that Liverpool are looking at Southampton’s Alex McCarthy, although a deal could prove potentially tricky to negotiate given their transfer dealings in the past with the South Coast outfit.

It is also understood that third-choice goalkeeper Danny Ward could be promoted to compete with Karius.

Although Alisson appears to be out of the Reds’ price range, ESPN pundit Shaka Hislop thinks Klopp must spend big to get a top goalkeeper.

Click Here For Article

If this is true then i am absolutely fine with the decision to let this one go. Klopp will clearly not be ripped off and you have got to love him for that.

Just read that Madrid have agreed deal in principle with Roma but are only offering £48 million with 4.4 million in add-ons i think, don't quote me on that.

Well I most certainly am not fine with it, its not specifically about Allison but its our lack of F***ing ambition in this area, are we really targeting another average goalkeeper who will just come in and be OK'ish, why the F**k can't we spend big on a goalie when we are willing to spend big on other areas.
      FSG or someone in senior management need to step in and overrule Jürgen on this if he really is so stubborn and blasé about the goalkeeper situation which I really hope he isn't.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #385: Jun 14, 2018 08:26:02 am
      Klopp doesn't value good goalkeepers as much as most. It's no coincidence he lost so many finals. We should be going for Nick Pope.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #386: Jun 14, 2018 09:33:34 am
      DeGea,Neuer are for me the two stand out goalkeepers who have a record of winning games with their performances after that all the other names come with a question mark and spending £60mil and still having questions isn't good business and I cant see us spending that money.
      If Karius had made these mistakes at Brighton he would have got slaughtered for a week or so but a good performance next game and it would have been forgotten.
      I think Jürgen will wait to see him in pre season and see if he has the stomach for the fight he is going to have to silence his critics.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #387: Jun 14, 2018 10:11:09 am
      DeGea,Neuer are for me the two stand out goalkeepers who have a record of winning games with their performances after that all the other names come with a question mark and spending £60mil and still having questions isn't good business and I cant see us spending that money.
      If Karius had made these mistakes at Brighton he would have got slaughtered for a week or so but a good performance next game and it would have been forgotten.
      I think Jürgen will wait to see him in pre season and see if he has the stomach for the fight he is going to have to silence his critics.

Better to spend £60 million and have a question mark than £14 million and be certain of mediocrity.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #388: Jun 14, 2018 10:29:15 am
      Better to spend £60 million and have a question mark than £14 million and be certain of mediocrity.
      not sure if it works like that. To me Pope has had a better season than Becker and he's a quarter of the price. Roma stuck a high price on Becker. Pope is under contract until 2020 and it's unlikely he'll extend it at Burnley. They just can't command a higher price in their situation unless he were stupid enough to extend his contract.

Becker hasn't done a lot to justify 60m. Even 30m would be pushing it.
      « Last Edit: Jun 14, 2018 10:36:07 am by Ribapuru »
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #389: Jun 14, 2018 12:19:37 pm
      not sure if it works like that. To me Pope has had a better season than Becker and he's a quarter of the price. Roma stuck a high price on Becker. Pope is under contract until 2020 and it's unlikely he'll extend it at Burnley. They just can't command a higher price in their situation unless he were stupid enough to extend his contract.

Becker hasn't done a lot to justify 60m. Even 30m would be pushing it.

I agree that we must be cautious with Alison. Despite being chosen ahead of Ederson for the Brazilian national team, I still don't think he has done enough to start commanding the kind of fees that start edging towards what one would pay for the top 5 of De Gea, Neuer, Courtois, Oblak, and Ederson. For him, we should have a valuation and not exceed it.

Personally, I think we just need another body. As I just wrote in another thread, an alpha dog. Someone who is commanding and whose very attitude doesn't encourage a high chance of howlers. Even though our two are capable of perhaps more acrobatic saves than some of the other starting PL keepers, I'd still take most ahead of Karius and Mignolet. Other than De Gea and Courtois obviously, I'd take Pickford, Pope, Schmiechel, Ryan, Dubravka, you can just keep going, even the likes of Hennessey and McCarthy (although I wouldn't obviously pay for them). Funnily enough, I do worry about Butland a bit so I'm glad the talk of us spending 30 mil or something on him seems to be subsiding. Rather that money on Strakosha than Butland.

To be honest, if we can't get one of those genuinely top 10 keepers, I'd much rather restart again with one or two cheap talents. I'd much rather hear we sold Mignolet and brought in, say, Pope and Lunin for relatively cheap to fight Karius for his spot than pay 30+ mil for a Butland, and perhaps even Alison (although I'm hoping he'll have a solid WC). Hopefully one of those isn't shaky at least (which is all we really need), and then if they're not amazing (and want better), one of our bigger targets will have had another year under their belt to prove themselves and be actually worth a fee. By that time also, all the other big clubs should all have big keepers and won't inflate the market again.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #390: Jun 14, 2018 12:24:05 pm
      For a sec, I was like, why is the Australian Dean Jones commenting on football transfers?  :D

https://twitter.com/DeanJonesBR/status/1007206943121903616

Quick Reply